ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since November 2008

21 PEWTER LN

Hicksville, NY 11801

Eric Janssen Masonry is a classic small business, owner operated and with one long term employee. Eric specializes in the small jobs and repairs that other companies don't. You will be working with Eric from start to finish. He is present on the job site during all phases of job, from initial estimate to clean up. Most of our company's work is obtained by recommendation or referral only....

masonry (26)stucco (2)chimney repair (2)concrete repair (1)

09/20/2019

Vasu K.

Eric and his associate did an excellent job of matching the color, texture, and style of existing tuck pointing. They even corrected mistakes made by previous contractors. Eric was very responsive and finished the job in a timely manner. I am really pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Repointing brick exterior near front porch

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

01/16/2019

MARGARET S.

Excellent. I was very happy with the results. He was in constant contact with me regarding the progress of the job. He was friendly, personable, and I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Repaired some loose steps on my porch.

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

10/14/2018

Howard F.

Contractor failed to respond to multiple queries. Would never hire a non-responsive contractor.

Description of Work
Repair/replace bluestone surface of steps

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

Review for ERIC JANSSEN MASONRY CONTRACTOR LLC - 21 PEWTER LN, Hicksville, NY - 37472066

05/23/2018

Greg P.

Great. Perfect job.

Description of Work
Front steps repointed.

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

08/12/2017

John C.

A very good experience from start to finish. He took time to explain the repairs he would do and came to do the work when promised. In one area he fixed the broken slate in a way that was better than originally done so there would be less chance of breaking again. He knew what he was doing and did a very good job at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repair broken slate and bricks and regrouting at front entrance of house.

Work Completed On 08/02/2017

09/15/2016

Nicole M.

Great experience from quote to completion. Eric was professional, punctual, and very fairly priced. He and his employee clearly take great pride in getting the job done and done well! Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Front stoop and stairs repair (bluestone and brick)

Work Completed On 09/14/2016

01/15/2016

Robert S.

Description of Work
Went well. Eric wonderful guy, very good at what he does.

Work Completed On 12/12/2015

08/09/2015

ken L.

Eric was seemingly not only good in the work that he performed...but ALWAYS called when he promised...which is QUITE the contrary of the others I spoke about same job! An example of this guy's honesty...he had run low on the caulking (or was it colored cement?) he used for sealing the corner where the chimney met the house. He finished late the day of repairs. Was I to keep some payment back until he finished job the next day as promised?? I paid him in full & hoped for the best. Guess who showed up the next afternoon to finish the job??

Description of Work
reset loose bricks & mortar on chimney

Category masonry, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/20/2015

07/12/2015

fitz J.

Very satisfied with Eric's work. Very professional and impressed with his work. He accessed the job, give me a few options and once we settled on what needed to be done, he came thru did exactly what I wanted. As reasonable as his price was, his work itself was as solid as I've ever seen. Very impressed. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Repaired front stoop

Work Completed On 06/29/2015

10/07/2014

Rose J.

We had to wait a few weeks because he was very busy but he did call as soon as he was finished to tell us that he was ready to come to our house. Two men came and they were very professional and friendly. They also did an excellent job. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They fixed a side of a stoop that was all crumbling. It was concrete and they had to put concrete on both sides of the stoop.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 06/30/2014

08/09/2014

Stuart T.

Eric gave me an estimate in April and advised that it would be a while before he would be able to get to our job because of prior commitments and existing customers who had suffered winter damage even more severe than mine. We kept in touch, and Eric contacted me as soon as he was able to fit me in. Eric knows his stuff, and is a good communicator re: describing what he plans to do. (Having rebuilt the steps myself a number of times in the preceding 50 years ? at age 82, I wasn't about to do it again ? I had a pretty good grasp of what he was talking about.) Eric is a problem solver. He wasnt thrown by the discovery, as he took the steps apart, that the damage was more extensive than it first appeared. We worked out a way to avoid disturbing the wrought iron railing anchored in the bluestone; Eric was also able to lower the level of the bottom step, which was too high. He also, at my request, reset the belgian block flanking the driveway apron. ' Eric and his long-time assistant, Matt, work well together. They were a pleasure to have around for the two days allocated to our job. They did a good jjob of cleaning up. (After a few days, I gathered up the bits of mortar and stone that they could not have retrieved without going on the freshly mortared steps. Not a big deal, and not unexpected.) I recognize that, because he has earned other very positive reviews on Angie's list, Eric iis going the be harder to schedule than someone with a lesser record of performance ? but I think the finished product and the experience were well worth the wait.

Description of Work
Repaired, rebuilt brick and leveled brick and bluestone front steps and landings severely damaged by frost last winter. This included replacement of a large quantity of both bluestone and brick,.

Work Completed On 07/30/2014

07/04/2014

andrew F.

Talked to Eric on Sunday and setup appointment for Wednesday. He never showed or called to let me know he couldn't make it.

Description of Work
Estimate on front steps

Work Completed On 07/02/2014

06/03/2014

ZHANCHONG L.

promise to come and take a look, but never show up or give a call, even after I called and left a message, and never response it is waste of time to search in angieslist for these kind of angels

Description of Work
plan to take a look at my house for a brick pointing work

Work Completed On 05/09/2014

You advised me that someone would "always be home" if I stopped by to look that the work that you wanted completed.I told you that I work Monday to Friday and give estimates on the weekend. That seemed acceptable to you. I was in fact there on Saturday afternoon as we had discussed previously. I was there between 430 pm and 445pm if you have caller id i called you from my cell phone at 446pm the # i have for you is [Member number removed] . I both rang your doorbell and then knocked on your door. I then waited a few minutes to give whoever might be there time to get to the door. There was no answer. Clearly there was no one at home although you had told me that someone would always be there.. I'm sorry for this misunderstanding but I am extremely busy and I do all the work and estimating myself.

05/26/2014

Richard K.

Did everything I wanted done

Description of Work
Small repair on wall and walkway

Work Completed On 05/23/2014

05/14/2014

MIchelle B.

It was fine. They were great because they were the only company that said that they would repair them and the other places just offered me new steps that were expensive.

Description of Work
I used Eric Janssen Masonry Contractor LLC for mansonry work. He repaired my steps.

Work Completed On 03/12/2014

01/28/2014

Sally J S.

Great job, personable, reliable, attentive - intend to have him do more work.

Description of Work
Repaired and/or replaced & repointed damaged brick on front of house.

Category chimney repair

Work Completed On 01/20/2014

10/23/2013

mark B.

very good on time work was very good he took his time and made sure that i was happy with the job.price also very good i will tell my frends to use him no job is to small he will work with you.

Description of Work
new front walk way

Work Completed On 10/22/2013

08/27/2013

Garret R.

I contacted Eric on Thursday, August 1, and left a message. Eric called back and we set up an appointment for 5pm on Saturday August 3. Eric arrived on time and answered all our questions about the job. Even though it was late on a saturday afternoon, Eric didn't rush us. We liked what he said and we hired him. He said he will call us with a date in 2 or 3 weeks. He called us on August 21 and asked if he could do the job the next day, August 22. We said sure. Unfortunately, it rained on August 22 and Eric had to postpone. Much to our surprise, Eric called late Sunday afternoon August 25 and asked if he could do the job the next day. We said okay. Eric arrived at 9:30am and finished the job at 4:45pm. He was very professional and did a great job. He even volunteered to fix a few stone pavers at no charge that were out of sync because he didn't want anyone to trip on them. He said if any problems with the stucco develop to just give him a call and he would take care of it. He explained that some cracks could develop in the stucco if the house settles. If so, he said call him anyway and he will see what he can do. We were very pleased with Eric and would use him again and recommend him highly.

Description of Work
Removed old stucco from house foundation and applied new stucco.

Category masonry, stucco

Work Completed On 08/26/2013

08/06/2013

cynde A.

I thought Eric did a great job and my contractor was impressed with him too.. you cant even tell he replaced the brick. It looks like it was always there. So impressed and would definitely recommend him. If I need any brick work done I know I will be calling Eric again.

Description of Work
I needed my brick replaced around my garage.

Work Completed On 08/03/2013

06/28/2013

Len T.

Eric responded almost immediately to my phone call for an estimate. He arrived on time for the estimate and discussed in detail the description of the job ahead. When my daughter described the brick that she wanted, he actually went out and found a house with the same exact brick so that she could see what the brick would look like on a house. The entire job took about four days. Eric and his helper Matt worked tirelessly until the the job was finished. The cost was very fair and the workmanship exceptional. We would recommend Eric Janssen to anyone looking for first rate brick work from someone who knows his craft and takes pride in his work. We have already informed him that we will be contacting him for future projects.

Description of Work
Eric Janssen Masonry bricked the entire front of my daughter's wideline ranch.

Work Completed On 06/19/2013

06/21/2013

Steve R.

I talked to Eric on the phone a couple of days before Memorial day and he came over to look at the job over that weekend. He called me back the following night with an estimate and I hired him. Since my job did not require a lot of materials, he didn't require a deposit. He said that weather permitting, he figured that he would be there in about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks. He called me a couple of days prior to coming over to make sure that the day was okay. They showed up a little before 9am and got started right away. They worked their tails off all day and did a beautiful job (it looks better than new). They left the place spotless. Both guys are very friendly and accommodating and I would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Description of Work
Eric and his helper repaired and rebuilt sections of our brick and blue stone front steps. In addition, they rebuilt a brick column in-between my garage doors and pointed up other areas where needed.

Work Completed On 06/20/2013

08/16/2012

Ralph D.

Eric and Matt were able to replace a section of stucco that had decayed and fallen away from the back of my home. They were meticulous in their attempts to match the color of the patch, and did so perfectly. They were also able to patch several cracks in the stucco elsewhere around the rest of the house. In addition, Eric and Matt also re-pointed some areas around windows that needed attention (not part of the original reason for calling, but something noticed by Eric in his inspection of the house). Both Eric and Matt are professionals with a great deal of knowledge and experience. They weren't in a rush and took great care in their work, obviously preferring quality over quantity...all a rarity in these times. It was also very enjoyable getting to know, and conversing with Eric about a number of different topics. I highly recommend Eric and Matt to work on your next project.

Description of Work
Replaced several square feet of stucco that had fallen away from a section of my house. In addition, cracks in other areas of stucco and stones on the exterior were repaired. Initially, Eric met with me to inspect the outside of the house in order to assess the damaged area and to provide an estimate. The actual job took place over a two day period because the nature of stucco repair calls for drying time between layers.

Category masonry, stucco

Work Completed On 08/09/2012

02/27/2012

Matthew S.

I didn't purchase the house, so I didn't do it. The estimate was for about $15000 to do the work. He did seem very honest and I would recommend him. I think that he was perfect and I would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Eric Janssen Masonry Contractor came out and gave me an estimate for repairing masonry outside a house that I was thinking about purchasing.