Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co

Founded 1964 • With Angi since February 2006

15 Broadway

Hawthorne, NY 10532

Family owned and operated since 1964, Almstead Tree and Shrub Care Company is proud to offer expert service to both residential and commercial clients. Whether you're in the market to save a cherished tree or manage an entire campus, you can trust Almstead to handle your goals and concerns with the utmost professionalism. Contact us today. www.almstead.com...

10/05/2021

Christopher L.

Matt first came to give me an estimate and was very professional . The quote was generous comparaes to save a tree , Garrison tree and bartlet. The team came exactly on time like Matt stated and I didn’t have to wait a mont or so for the job to be done . The team that came led by Carlos and two others were amazing . Words cannot explain how awesome they were and I highly recommended this crew . They explained everything by telling me what they were doing why they were doing it and cleaned up .

Description of Work
I had a white oak tree that needed to be trimmed and other tree pruned around the peremiter of my house .

02/02/2021

MARIA K.

Very pleased with Almstead's services, including speaking with Kristen, Michael's tree inspections and the pruning crew. The 3 crew members were polite, very efficient, and did a great job of "cleaning up." Also impressed with Almstead's equipment and technology.

Description of Work
Trees near new roof pruned

12/05/2020

John H.

I contacted them in June to do pruning and tree removal. They came and gave me a quote, which I accepted and paid them 50 percent. They never came. Over the ensuing four months I kept calling and being told the arborist would call mem but he never did. I finally cancelled all service (I had used them for 20 years) and demanded a refund, which they still haven't provided. They're apologetic when I call them (seems clear I'm not alone in dissatisfaction), but otherwise unresponsive.

Description of Work
Long-term lawn and tree service contract

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

11/04/2020

Stephanie M.

Wonderful work. Thorough. When I arrived.home later that day, the property was spotless and neat. I would definitely use them again and refer them to acquaintances of mjne.

Description of Work
One tree to be cut down and trimming done on others on the property.

Category tree service

Thank you for your positive review. We will share it with arborist, staff and crew. Almstead Tree & Shrub Care

06/19/2019

Susan S.

Very happy with Almstead. Very professional, knowledgeable and honest.

Description of Work
tree trimming and tree removal

09/28/2016

Lynne B.

The guy hang up on me and I couldn't understand why because I was calling to give them business, so I would never use them again. He refused to do what he had done the year before. "We don't do that." he said. and I said you did these treatments last year. He said, "Go find someone else who will do it." and he just hang up the phone. I called back and so I wanted to speak to someone else to arrange for this tree service and the receptionist was very apologetic but she said he is the person I'm supposed to tall to and he is the boss.

Description of Work
I've used Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co for tree service in the past year but I tried to use them again this year and they were so rude.

07/19/2015

Mimi C.

Tim was very knowledgeable and after walking the property and talking about what was needed, he said he would email me a proposal. A few days went by and no proposal. I emailed the office asking where it was. I was then emailed an illegible copy and was told that the original was put in the mail a few days earlier. The original finally arrived the next day postmarked just 1 day prior. I commented to Tim that perhaps there was a problem in the office that my proposal sat there for 1 week. I reviewed the proposal with Tim and gave him the go ahead and faxed the signed contract to his office. 5 days later I had not heard from anyone to schedule the work so I called Tim again. When I said to him that I thought that I would have heard from someone by then he seemed to think that it was fine that I hadn't been contacted yet and that maybe I should find someone else to do the work. That is exactly what I am doing and just signed a contract with someone else who is very happy to have my business. Maybe he does good work but he needs to learn about customer service.

Description of Work
Tim visited my property to give me an estimate on caring for some sick trees and implementing an Integrated Pest Management plan for all my trees and shrubs.

07/02/2015

Lynne B.

Except for delays in scheduling the work went well. The arborist did what was needed and the trees are looking better. Time will tell. This was the first time I was using this company for tree service and I wasn't familiar with their procedures. First the arborist comes out to assess the situation and make a proposal. It takes a while to schedule this appointment. Then they require a deposit or prepayment before scheduling. Then it takes about 2-3 weeks to get onto the schedule, so you may have to allow more than a month from first appointment until the work is actually done. The company I had been using for many years did not require pre-payment and scheduling was quicker, possibly because they have a lot of customers in the area, so I didn't have to plan so far in advance. With routine tree work it's not a problem but when your trees are infested with insects that are slowly killing them, it's nerve wracking to have to wait for the treatment! Their prices were in line with the other large tree company I have used but somewhat higher than smaller outfits. I feel confident that I got a good job and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
Treated hemlocks for wooly adelgids

01/01/2015

ROBERTA S.

Did a professional and clean job

Description of Work
trim large oak trees and prune overgrown shrubs.

Category lawn service, tree service

01/21/2014

Elizabeth A.

Felled about four large trees and trimmed about 4 others with shrubbery.

Description of Work
I used Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

07/11/2013

Lynn B.

I just started with them but I'm satisfied.

Description of Work
I currently use the services of Almstead Tree & Shrub Care about once a month. They go through my entire property and looks at what chemical and things they can apply to my trees and shrubs to keep them alive, safe and healthy.

06/24/2013

Andrew O.

Shrubs were sprayed three times in the spring by Almstead. Shrubs are now shedding majority of leaves due to fungal damage. The arborist struggled to identify the issue. When damage began appearing it took me multiple phone calls within more than a week to get my arborist on the phone. The arborist appeared disinterested and cancelled the account when he learnt of spreading damage to the plant. Pictures available. I recruited another arborist who diagnosed and proposed a treatment. Spraying was described as an ineffective treatment in this situation.

Description of Work
Spraying shrubs for fungal and disease prevention. Spraying shrubs for fungal and insect damage. Spraying shrubs for fungal and insect damage.

01/12/2013

Sherrill M.

They did a good job and were pleasant but he didn’t seem very knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They gave us some vitamins for the tree, etc.

07/14/2012

Sherrill M.

They were wonderful. They got back to me immediately but they couldn't come up to my area. The receptionist was very apologetic.

Description of Work
I called them for tree service.

05/14/2011

Kevin B.

Maintaining healthy trees and shrubs requires year-round maintenance: frost protection, insect treatment, deer repellant, etc. Every year an Almstead representative comes and make an assessment of the property and never try to push unneeded work. All of this is reasonably priced. When we had a fierce storm two years ago and a tree came down across the driveway, the came and took care of it promptly even though they were deluged with work. Almstead is a reputable, reliable tree and shrub care service. Hire them and then forget about your tree care as they stay on top of the state of your trees and shrubs.

Description of Work
Almstead has been my tree service provider for the past 16 years. I originally hired them when I moved in and wanted to make sure that my trees were healthy and not likely to fall on my house during the winter storms. Michael Almstead, a certified and trained arborist, came and did a full property assessment. He recommended support for several trees and pruning others. All the suggestions were reasonable.

05/10/2011

Donald P.

I think they're uneven. One time they said they were going to come but one time they called and said they were coming but they never showed up. They guy said that he was there but he wasn't. They went to the wrong home. About three weeks ago they said weather permitted they would come out, but they never came out. They said they would come but they never came again. Last week the sign was there but it isn't good.

Description of Work
Fertilize and spray trees.

05/10/2011

Cris C.

It is fine. I like their value for the money.

Description of Work
They did a couple things for me, mostly fertilizing my trees. About five years ago they took down a tree in a tricky location. They had to be very careful for the surroundings.

05/09/2011

Ellen K.

They did what I hired them to do. They did fine. I have no hesitation recommending them. Their cost seemed high but I had used them before. It was a time when all of the companies were really busy after the storm. It did take a while to get done since we were not an emergency, but I understood that.

Description of Work
They have done a couple things. They pruned some trees one year. In the storm last spring we lost some trees. They removed them and dug out the stumps.

05/09/2011

robin S.

It went very well. They are excellent. They are reliable. They always give me a written statement when they leave.

Description of Work
They come and inspect the trees and for certain types of bugs. They put a fertilizer down.

Category pest control, lawn treatment, tree service

04/16/2011

John W.

They did a good job. They showed up on time when they said they would. The pruning was professionally done. They took good care of the trees. They did not break anything when they cut down the tree.

Description of Work
I used Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co a year ago to take down a tree. They cut down a tree and pruned a large oak.

10/26/2010

Dorothy M.

I didn?t use them because of the price. I had a good experience with them. I think they are an outstanding company. They were very professional and they knew their work. I might use them in the future.

Description of Work
Almstead Tree & Shrub Care Co. gave me an estimate, a few months ago.

05/17/2009

Kevin B.

They always call before they come and they provide and annual tree and shrub assessment to make sure that the trees are healthy and not likely to fall on the house. They have certified arborists who are professional and provide the highest quality. Thye are not inexpensive but you are paying for professional service which they always provide.

Description of Work
I first contacted the company when a tree fell on my property and have used them ever since. The company has taken care of all my tree and shrub care for the last five years. They have cabled my trees to stabilize some very tall trees. They apply deer repellant and tick treatments on a yearly basis. They remove dead branches and keep everything tidy.

09/05/2007

LAWRENCE S.

This company was quite professional. They are probably not bad but you know the estimate they gave me was way more than another company I talked to and I really don't think my lawn needs to be dug up either. When I have the work done, I am guessing I will decide not to use this company based on the estimate I was given.

Description of Work
I have a huge tree that has branches that loom over our two story home. This company just came out to give me an estimate on trimming back those branches. Almstead said they would have to dig up half our yard, remove huge chunks of the tree, and then do pruning as well.

Category landscaping, tree service

09/24/2006

Karen L.

Richard Trippett was polite, pleasant, willing to spend time explaining things. Walked around our property and discussed our needs in details. Was perhaps 30 minutes late for appointment. Once we decided to use Almstead, it took awhile for them to get the work done, but we were not in any hurry. Quality of work appeared to be excellent. Site was cleaned up well.

Description of Work
Cut down and removed two trees. Trimmed a number of other trees. Applied "Arbortect" systemic injection to two sycamores.

05/15/2006

ARUN R.

Excellent! Patrick was very good. The job was done as promised, and on time. They were very prompt in repairing damage to our fence and sprinkler system from a wayward branch/pick. Mary, in the office was very prompt at following up.

Description of Work
Removed 7 trees including a huge maple, worked on ground stumps and trimmed a few others.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, tree service

BIZEE BEE TREE SERVICE INC

We are a reputable, professional, licensed, certified, and fully insured tree service company. Whether you need trees removed, branches scaled back, shrub care, chipping, and other arborist services or even emergency tree or debris removal, Bizee Bee Tree Service is the company to call. We strive to meet or exceed our customers expectations. we are not just the regular tree service, we will come out and examine your needs and offer you the best way to handle your particular job or project so you are completely satisfied. Give us a call today for your free estimate. We are well known in Putnam & Westchester Counties in New York, and the Greenwich are in Connecticut for our quality work, quick response and reasonable rates.We have serviced thousands of families as well as businesses and municipalities. Other DBA Rosamilia Brothers Inc.

Glinski Tree and Landscaping

Additional DBA - Bernard Glinski Inc. Bernard Glinski, Inc. help by designing you the perfect front or backyard you can enjoy for years to come. As a locally owned and operated company, we take pride in beautifying our community one lawn at a time. We work with you to design a landscape that is both functional and appealing to the eye.

Offers by Glinski Tree and Landscaping on Angi
    Tri-State Complete Landscaping

Tri-State Complete Landscaping offers a variety of lawn care services, and we will work with you, no matter the job. Call us today!

MasterCard, American Express, Check, Visa

Almstead offers comprehensive tree services including pruning and removal, tree risk assessment, inoculation and treatment for pests and diseases, stump grinding, tree planting, shrub pruning, compost tea application, custom fertilization, air spading, cabling and bracing and more. Almstead also offers lawn care including organic and traditional programs.

Lawn mowing, landscape design, firewood delivery