Junk King Hudson Valley

Founded 2012 • With Angi since March 2012

50B Fairmount Ave

Haverstraw, NY 10927

Junk King Hudson Valley is led by Jean Leon & his team of dedicated individuals. To help preserve the environment in his own way, Jean provides free services for those in need & plays an active role in promoting recycling in his community. We deliver our services promptly & in an excellent manner.

03/03/2017

Cynthia M.

Overall it was great. There was some confusion when the guys first arrived since they were not familiar with the Big Deal offerings. Took a couple of phone calls to get it all straightened out, but afterwards all went fine.

Description of Work
Bought a "Big Deal" on Angie's List.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

11/19/2016

linda S.

It was fine. I have used them before. I had a discount ticket so the price was fine. Quality was good. They were responsive. They were on time. They were great. They came out shortly after the purchase. They came on the day that I requested.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Junk King- Hudson Valley. They were removing old items and furniture out.

07/23/2016

mitchell R.

The men were professional, did their work quickly and efficiently and were done in less than an hour. We also used the coupon offer and it saved us quite a bit of money.

Description of Work
Removed all the rubbish and unwanted articles from our garage. Also to remove an old office copier.

09/15/2015

Betty K.

they came in on time took all the junks that needed to be taken out clean out the area after the work they were great!

Description of Work
took all the junks

09/15/2015

Rebecca B.

Great experience. Good pricing. We had a minor issue and there is a very responsive owner. I would definitely use them again. In fact, my family has used them since.

Description of Work
Removed debris from my garage

Category hauling services, moving companies

08/26/2015

Martin H.

They were prompt and lightning fast...great to deal with.

Description of Work
Removed scrap metal and constructions debris

Category hauling services, moving companies

08/18/2015

Gean T.

They were very nice efficient and did a great job.

Description of Work
They took a whole lot of junk from my house.

Category moving companies

08/14/2015

Erin R.

They were prompt, professional, polite and quick. Everything was removed as asked. Very happy with the result and would definitely use the service again.

Description of Work
Cleared out shed

08/11/2015

Doug B.

The Junk King's crew was fantastic. They handled difficult circumstances professionally and with a good attitude. We had a large amount of very old household items (windows, screens, shutters, etc) that was left in the attic and basement that needed to be removed. Jean was very responsive and called while the crew was there to make sure I was satisfied with how it was going. The crew was very friendly and accomodating. We filled a truck on their first visit, but still had more items to go. They made a second trip a week or so later. It was a relief to deal with them and have everything taken care of. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Removed junk out of attic and basement in two trips.

08/03/2015

Janet C.

The work was done quickly and efficiently. The two workers were courteous and helpful during the process. I had contracted their services before and although it was more expensive for a smaller load, I would use them again.

Description of Work
The provider removed several unwanted items from my basement and hauled them away.

07/21/2015

Sam T.

The problems with Junk King started pretty much right away. I contacted them and explained the job and told them I thought it was a big job and it would likely require more than one truck. I wanted an estimate on cost but I was told they would provide that when they arrived on the first day. I figured they've gotten such good reviews they couldn't be ripping people off, so I'd just wait and see. A few days before our appointment I got a call from Jean - he said he saw that I thought it would be more than one truck and asking that I provide a list of items going in the truck. I did that, listing *far* more than could possibly fit in one truck (although I hadn't seen their trucks yet, so I wasn't sure at the time). He called me back the day before the appointment and told me he thought it would fit in one truck so he was just planning to send one. I said fine, you saw the list and you're the experts. The guys arrived on time and started looking around. They said then that they thought it would be a two truck job, but that would be ok since they could fill one truck and then empty it and come back. That sounded fine to me. The guys who did the loading were great - hard working and easy to communicate with. Jean also told me that for a "big job" like this they'd usually do an estimate first. I had told him from the start it was a "big job" so yeah, I wish they had! Sadly, two trucks wasn't even close to enough. They finished that first day and hadn't even touched the basement or the garage which were full of stuff! They still had a large amount in other parts of the house too. Clearly something had gone very wrong with their estimate. I was told it was because I had stuff all over the house, not just in one spot. Yeah, that's true, but I wasn't hiding anything - I showed the guys around the first day and pointed out everything that was going. I talked to Jean and he was very apologetic. He assured me that his guy told him one more truck load would do it, no problem. I'll save you all the details here, but suffice it to say that three truck loads was not enough. Nor was four. It was five truck loads before it was done. Unbelievable! In the end what was supposed to be a single-day job was finished 18 days later. This took constant contacts asking them to come back and getting updates on their schedule and truck availability. What's worse, I had to do a lot of this remotely - we'd already moved by the time the house was only half cleaned out! Throughout this process Jean told me over and over that he was down a truck and the service was usually better. I guess that could be, but it doesn't explain why they couldn't figure out how many truck loads it would take to do the job. I don't know if hearing that other people got better service was supposed to make me feel better but it didn't help very much. So, if you're going to use Junk King on a "big job" I've got two pieces of advice for you: 1) get an on-site estimate before the work starts and 2) don't expect them to finish on time.

Description of Work
Junk Kings cleared out old furniture and trash from my house during and (sadly) after our move. We're moving to a much smaller house so we had a lot of stuff we couldn't take and couldn't sell or give away.

Category hauling services

Mr.{member name removed}, thank you for your feedback. As the owner this is a difficult review to read. The reason why is because your experience is no where near the norm when it comes to the service we normally provide. As you said your job turned out to be a large job. On June 8th one of our trucks was involved in a major traffic accident. This took 50% of our resources away for over a month. As I explained to you this affected our service in terms of speed and efficiency. With both trucks running we normally would have sent 2 trucks to your home at the same time along with 4 guys. But again this wasn't possible at the time we did your job due to the accident. We were trying to balance large jobs along with the other appointments we had on schedule, trying to keep all our customers happy as we usually are able to do. In terms of the accuracy of the estimate I want to apologize. Im not sure why the guys under estimated the amount of volume you had. I discussed it with them and I think the issue was how the stuff was spread out over the home(no fault of yours and no excuse ). Sometimes as you walk through a home to do an estimate you can forget some portions of the job when it is this large. The proper way to handle this is to walk through several times before giving a final estimate. Im sorry we miscalculated the amount you had. We just got the other truck back from repair on Friday. So our service has been restored to the high level our customers are use to. Im very sorry you didnt get to experience this as our company was going through a tough time. Hopefully you give us an opportunity to work for you again the future so we can show you how we normally work and why we are so highly rated.

07/20/2015

Stephen S.

Great Job. Team was professional and efficient . Explained everthing along the way. Definitley recommend

Description of Work
Cleaned out Basement.

07/01/2015

Hillary S.

They are wonderful! Professional, prompt and eager to please. What a pleasant experience. Happy to do whatever .i needed.

Description of Work
Cleared out my basement and helped move some items upstairs.

06/06/2015

Cassandra D.

They were punctual, nice and professional. We paid a lot less then what we've paid to some of the big commercial Junk haulers and definitely got a great deal!

Description of Work
Hauled away a shed that we had broken down as well as an old BBQ, and a ladder

05/29/2015

Carol D.

They were a little late, but called to let me know. Also, they called when they were on their way. Both young men were very polite and accommodating.

Description of Work
Carted away couch, 2 chairs, books, table, rug and odds and ends lumber

05/23/2015

Louis D.

excellent service. easy to book and schedule. quick turnaround and great guys showed up.

Description of Work
removed old shed and foundation. hauled away abt 2 cubic yards of rock

05/18/2015

Joanna R.

Jean is always pleasant, punctual, professional, respectful and efficient. He's helped us on more than one occasion to clean out some things that couldn't be given away or sold. This last time was the largest lot. He took away large pieces of furniture, rugs and other household items. He was careful of the home and did not damage anything.

Description of Work
picked up furniture and other items when we downsized

05/12/2015

David G.

Very polite, explained all the details before hand I definiteely reccomend their service

Description of Work
They called before and did a nice quiet clean job

05/12/2015

Karen J.

Calling and making the appointment was a very pleasant experience. The customer service rep could not have been nicer and helpful. I called on a Monday and they were at my door at 8:00am Tuesday. They took my Angie List coupon and within 15 to 20 minutes they removed all the items. The two gentlemen that picked up the items were friendly, professional and very careful removing the items. All the items were very heavy and they negotiated through my house with them never hitting a wall or door frame. I would use Junk King again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Removed a pellet stove, marble base and empty disconnected gas hot water heater

04/06/2015

Michael G.

I had an Angie's coupon for $130 for $228 worth of junk removal. The guys showed up on the date and time requested. Both guys were great. When they looked at what I had they said the coupon from Angie's didn't cover construction debris. What? When the reservation was made with a human being on the phone (who was also very nice) I mentioned it was construction debris and nothing was said. The guys were willing to take it anyway, but there was a difference of opinion on how much junk I had. The deal I think was for 1/4 truck. They seemed to think it was 3/4 of a truck. The driver reworked the bill and told me it was really $308, but the coupon was for $228, so out of my pocket right then and there, it would be $80, plus tax. I wasn't thrilled but I had budgeted no more than $300 to get this stuff gone and in the end it was $215.90. For that price I think it was worth it. The guys took everything and swept up and the work they did was great.

Description of Work
Hauled away construction material.

03/18/2015

Linda W.

Tony was FABULOUS!!!!!!! Not only on time for the appointment, but he was early and notified me of this. He gave me a great estimate and I hired immediately. It was a whole front yard of trash, tv's, garbage and furniture. It took Tony and crew only 30 minutes to complete. I will be using Junk King again. Thank you, Tony and Junk King. I hope you are lucky enough to get Tony! Linda Williams, MD

Description of Work
Clean the entire garbage, furniture and trash from a move out.

03/16/2015

John B.

I don't think this could have gone any better. I called them on Friday afternoon and they gave me an 8Am to 10AM window for the next day. At 8AM they called and said they were 30 minutes away and almost exactly 30 minutes later they pulled in. 2 guys came in which kind of worried me at first since this piano weighs a lot. It had to go up 2 steps and through 2 doorways that it just barely fit through with a turn right in the middle. They had to remove an exterior door to get it out. In about 30 minutes they had it out and up in the truck and the door was back up I was amazed at how professional they were and friendly. Our basement is really old and in need of some work and they were more concerned about my floors and walls than I was. I kept telling them not to worry about it and they insisted on making sure nothing got damaged. I would def. hire them again. I don't think they could have done a better job.

Description of Work
We purchased the Angie's list coupon for $138. They came and removed a large upright piano from a walkout basement.

03/14/2015

SUSAN W.

I purchased a Angie's List Big Deal for this service. The Junk King employee called to schedule my appointment promptly. They were flexible with scheduling to accommodate my schedule. The 2 man crew arrived promptly and removed several pieces of old furniture, an old mattress, and lumber pieces. They were cordial and efficient. I would definitely use Junk King again for clean up services.

Description of Work
I purchased a Angie's List Big Deal for this service. The Junk King service helped me with a clean up at my property.

03/03/2015

Shiwei Z.

Everything went well. They responded my request promptly, arrived on time on the scheduled date. Very polite and professional. They removed my old junk furniture quickly and carefully. Very good experience and we were very satisfied.

Description of Work
remove junk furniture

03/02/2015

Angela B.

The gentlemen who came out to remove the junk were professional, thorough in their work and left everything clean after removal. We were very happy with the service provided.

Description of Work
Following the recent purchase of our new home and somer remodeling we had some extra 'junk' that we wanted to get rid of and took advantage of Junk King's deal

Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC

Our business is our livelihood but it is also so much more. Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC was started to fill in a void in the current market and to make a business that people can place their trust in. Over the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in a very competitive industry. The employees of Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC stand committed to our purpose and will provide the best service!

Offers by Affordable & Assertive Moving & Storage LLC on Angi
    White Glove Moving & Storage

Thank you for your interest in White Glove. We have been in business since 1995 and look forward to serving your moving, packing, unpacking and storage needs! Please call or email one of our experienced representatives to get a quote! 201-705-1424 / info@whiteglovemoving.us. White Glove has been under a new management since 2015.

Award 2022
    Offers by White Glove Moving & Storage on Angi
    Sprinter Moving Services

$1,000 minimum per job. Moving can be challenging. From the packing to the heavy lifting, it’s a big project that’s tough to handle on your own. When you need to enlist the help of local and long distance movers in New Jersey and surrounding areas, you’ll want to find an experienced and well-equipped mover to handle your move. When searching for moving companies near you, look no further than Sprinter Moving Services. Get a quick free quote by calling or through our "Free Quote" Form. Contact us today to learn more about our moving services. 833-563-6683

Award 2022
    $30.00

Removal – Furniture, Appliance, Garbage, Construction Waste & Yard Waste. Disposal & Recycling – Television & Refrigerator. Foreclosure Clean - Outs. Disposal – Hot Tub & E-Waste.

Hazardous Waste.