Hamburg Overhead Door Inc

Founded 1963 • With Angi since July 2006

5659 Herman Hill Rd

Hamburg, NY 14075

We are Western New York's largest garage door dealer specializing in residential and commercial service and sales. We offer free estimates on garage door replacements. Our service team can get out to most homes and businesses either the same day or next day. We are here to serve you!...

06/13/2018

Denise F.

Not so good, they only do this 9-5 week days. do they not think you work? told to just give them the code for the door. Really, My door is not even 2 years old and the wheels on the bottom panels came off. Called them they came out next day to fix. Told I have a bad wheel, which they did fix. Only problem was he was at my home for 15 minutes and it now is costing me 125.00 dollars. I do not have the broken part and what a rip off for a 15 minute service call. I will not use them again or tell friends to use them either.

Description of Work
door off of the rails

Category garage doors

Thank you for your feedback, [Member Name Removed]. We understand that people work during the day which is why we try to make accommodations by asking people to leave us access to the garage instead of someone having to take off work (in your case). I am sorry you didn't see the value of us coming out so quickly to take care of your need and charging our service rate which is on par with most service companies. We offer a Saturday service at an additional rate, which I apologize if we did not convey that to you if you inquired about that. If you have anything further you would like to discuss, feel free to call us at 649-3600 and ask to speak with Jennifer.

12/18/2017

Sherry W.

perfect - the estimate was spot on and the workmanship was great. The technician was pleasant and explained everything.

Description of Work
Not sure how to explain, but the door would not go up and down, there was a major malfunction with the brace that the door goes on, they replaced it and it works better now than it ever did.

Category garage doors

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services. Please call us again in the future.

02/27/2017

LISA D.

They were excellent. It did not take them long to install the garage door.

Description of Work
I have used Hamburg Overhead. They installed a new garage door.

Category garage doors

Thanks for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your kind words and hope you will recommend us to your friends and family!

11/11/2016

It went really well. The service was really good and the guy was professional. He came out and gave us some good advice. I know we were looking around at prices and it was a good price. I don't remember the exact price, I just remember it was better than others. We only had to call them once, but he came out pretty quick. He was on time. He was very professional. We kept his paperwork just in case. He was friendly and gave us some good free advice; he wasn't trying to upsell us.

Description of Work
Our garage door would not open so they had to install little wheels and change the motor on our garage door opener.

Category garage doors

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thorough and thoughtful review! We are so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received from our team. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope you will recommend us to your friends and family!

Doris A.

It was wonderful. They are always great. They were very nice. They even lubricated the door. They are always right there the same day you call out to them, or the next day. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They repaired our garage door that wouldn't open.

Category garage doors

We're so happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service you received from our team, [Member Name Removed]! Thank you for taking the time to write us a kind review. We look forward to doing business with you in the future!

Robert & Judith A.

They did work for me and it went very well.

Description of Work
They installed a new door, fixtures and all that jazz.

Category garage doors

Thanks for the kind words, [Member Name Removed]and [Member Name Removed]!

Sandra B.

It turned out fine. They did really good.

Description of Work
They installed a garage door.

Category garage doors

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback, [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Mark B.

They did have it running, but in the end it did not seem to last very long. I have had other people look at it since then and I think I am going to have to replace the entire garage door. I liked their punctuality and I liked their professional approach. That was all very good.

Category garage doors

We're sorry to hear that you're running into some problems with your garage door, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance with your door.

bernice A.

The service turned out good. It was a while ago.

Description of Work
They installed a garage door.

Category garage doors

Thanks for the review, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate your feedback and hope you will recommend us to anyone who you think might benefit from our services!

Dave D.

The service is good, there were no complaints. They were good. I think their pricing was fair. Their punctuality was very good. They were prompt, efficient and knowledgeable. They picked up any mess they left behind.

Description of Work
I think they did a garage door repair.

Category garage doors

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're happy to hear that you found our prices to be fair and were satisfied with the service our team provided you. We appreciate your business and hope you will recommend us to your friends and family!

Mark A.

It was a while ago, but, yes, they did a good job. Their service was great, in fact I am thinking about calling them back again. The quality was excellent. They are very professional, they come in and get the work done they say they are going to get done, there are no hidden charges and everything works out well.

Description of Work
They replaced a spring and made sure everything is working alright before the winter.

Category garage doors

Thank you for your review, [Member Name Removed]! We're happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services. We look forward to doing business with you again in the future!

Ann B.

They are very good; I was very pleased. I have had no problems with the garage door. I was very, very happy with them. Their pricing was good. I was very pleased with the price.

Description of Work
They put my garage door on.

Category garage doors

Hi [Member Name Removed], We're so happy that you were pleased with your experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope you will recommend us to your friends and family!

Danielle A.

They were really good. It was at my old house. I don't remember the price but I think it was pretty reasonable. I shopped around. I had no problems. They were very professional and, if I can remember correctly, they got me on their schedule pretty quickly. The workers were good.

Description of Work
They replaced a garage door.

Category garage doors

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to doing business with you in the future, should you require our services.

William J.

It went very well. It was very professional and it was a quick process. They cleaned it all up after they left.

Description of Work
They installed two automatic door openers because we have two garage doors.

03/30/2016

Lynda T.

I experienced some of the worst customer service in my life with this company. All seemed well when we scheduled my opener to be replaced on a specific date between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. I told them that if I was not at home during any part of that window I would leave the door open. On the scheduled date I went out of my way to have either myself or my partner at home between 1:00 and 4:00. No one ever showed up. At 4:05 I called the company and was told that the installer had said he had called me and gotten no answer and had come by the house and the garage door was closed. What we then determined was that the installer had called my cell phone at 10:00 a.m. when I was unavailable and did not leave any message. He stopped at the house at that time and saw the door closed, but never bothered to knock at the door. This was unfortunate because my partner was at the house all morning. The installer never bothered to come back during the scheduled appointment window, nor did he attempt to call me again or leave any message. Nor, apparently, did he call the office and inform them of what had happened during the work day. When I attempted to speak with a manager several times I was told that there was no one there and that the owner does not take calls. They were not able to send an installer out that evening, nor for the next two days before I left on vacation. I never received a call from a manager or the owner. After expressing my disappointment and asking what would be done for me, they did agree to take $25 off my bill. I also specifically requested that the original installer NOT be scheduled for my completing my job. I did this out of concern that the individual might be upset with me for getting him in trouble, as well as the fear that that something else might go wrong with scheduling. I was told that the same installer would definitely not be assigned. On the rescheduled date (almost two weeks later) the installer arrived and performed the work in a timely and polite manner. I am very happy with the opener. Before leaving, the installer left us the paperwork. In looking at the paperwork afterward, I realized that the company had indeed sent the same installer the second time. His name was signed on both work orders. He had also written notes on the first order stating that he had called me twice on the first scheduled date, which he had not done (my phone logs show he only called once), and stated that the house was locked up when he never even bothered to come to the door. His notes did not indicate the time that he called or was at the house, apparently leading the company to think he had been there during the scheduled time. The work order also stated right on it that the appointment was between 1:00 and 4:00 yet the installer never apologized to me when he did do the work or even acknowledged that he was the same installer. He did seem a little hesitant and awkward but I did not guess the cause until after he left. Worse yet, he asked if he could set our garage code for us, which would have meant that he had the code and could therefore access my garage after knowing that I had complained about him. Luckily I did not have him program our code or say anything negative about him thinking he was a different installer. I am extremely disappointed with Hamburg's customer service in all regards. Putting me in such an awkward situation by sending the same installer after I was specifically assured that would not happen was inexcusable and only added insult to injury. Nor was there any follow up.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door opener, keypad and wall pad.

03/01/2016

Kurt K.

The Sears lift for the garage door cable snapped. Hamburg Door came out and cheerfully gave me an estimate.

Description of Work
estimate on fixing door or replacement lift for garage door.

Category garage doors, doors

11/16/2015

james G.

Aaron's work is really good, he works quickly and knows what he is doing. we have gotten many compliments from passers by on how nice our new siding looks. We hope to use them again next year to replace the remaining 5 windows and redo a deck in the backyard.

Description of Work
Aaron and his crew replaced 7 windows, replaced a sliding glass door, sided our house and installed gutters.

08/24/2015

MATTHEW H.

As soon as the salesman gave me the verbal and written estimate, I told him that I just needed to ok it with my wife and that he should hear back from me by noon. Within a couple of hours I called him. He did not return my call. I then sent him a text message that we want to order the door. I did not hear back from him. I called his phone twice that evening and still no response. I cancelled the order the next day, sometime in the afternoon. His reply was "Im sorry. I should have gotten back to you right away. This is not a reflection of my the company. This was my fault." We ended up getting the door else where.

Description of Work
The salesman came to my house at 9am to look at our garage and give me an estimate. Other than that, he did nothing.

06/27/2015

Lisa J.

After two failed appointments with "A" rated companies, I was told by a family member to call Hamburg overhead door. I'm glad I did. Mr. Kelley was my sales rep. He was very nice and understood exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a more contemporary door versus the standard traditional door. I showed him the same picture I had shown the other two "A" rated competitors. I asked if he could get me this door in black and his answer was yes. I'm soooo happy. My door is fabulous. Thanks Hamburg overhead door.

Description of Work
Installed my new garage door.

03/26/2015

jim G.

They came out and did a garage door tune up for me. The wire had come off the rollers, and they were able to fix it quickly and at a good price.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up

03/16/2015

Jennifer C.

I ran into a problem just before the 1 year warranty was up. The garage door kept opening itself, so I called them about warranty service. The young man came out who was very nice, but he couldn't find out why it was happening. While he was there, he said he would go ahead and oil the rollers and such, and the next thing you know I got a big bill from them. I called them and they said that oiling the garage door is not part of warranty service. I said I didn't ask them to do that, I asked them for warranty service, and the guy just did it without me saying so. I got into an argument with them and finally they said that I didn't have to pay the bill, but my warranty was now null and void even though it had another month or 2 to run and it was a manufacturers warranty not a warranty through the company that installed it so they didn't have the authority to cancel my warranty. I was not at all happy, I'm never calling them again, I found someone else to fix the problem.

Description of Work
They put a garage door opener in.

02/11/2015

Bettyann C.

Obviously I can only respond by saying "refer to above."

Description of Work
In December I thought I was having a problem with my garage door opener which they had serviced in the past. When I called and spoke with them I was told that they could not come and work on it because it was "not up to code." They wanted to set up a date to come and replace it (sight unseen). Fortunately I did not do so because I wanted a second opinion and it turns out it was not the opener that was the problem at all - it was the door, springs, rollers, and rails that were causing the problem. I have had the door replaced by another company.

Category garage doors, doors

09/29/2014

Susan P.

They told me someone would be at my home between 9 and 9:30. A guy arrived at 8:55 with the new garage door and parts. He looked over my garage. In 90 minutes, he had the old tracks and door down. They new tracks and door installed. He hooked it up to my old garage door opener. By 10:30 he had the old door loaded in his truck . Everything was completed for me to look over and approve.

Description of Work
Installed a new 7 x 16 garage door. Removed the old one and carted it away.

09/22/2014

Carrie R.

They were very friendly and nice. The Servicemen actually had to install while I was gone and did everything as I requested even changing the code on the door and the key pad. Was overall very satisfied and would recommend them to anyone needing Garage Door service

Description of Work
Replaced Garage door opener

06/17/2014

Charles O.

Estimator was very good. I changed my mind on the work to be done and he cheerfully changed his quote. The door was installed on time. The installer was very professional and did a great job. He reviewed everything with me after the job and explained the warranty process. The installation was done in late December and it was a very cold day. Nevertheless the installer took his time and did the job right.

Description of Work
Installed new garage door.