SANTELLI & SON INC

Founded 1952 • With Angi since February 2006

214 E SHORE RD

Great Neck, NY 11023

For over fifty years Santelli and Sons of has been servicing and beautifying the community. Founded in 1952 by Bruno Santelli, an immigrant from Italy, Santelli and sons has transformed throughout the years into a full service garden center. Our services include full service tree care, landscape design, pest control, deep root feeding, and retail. Attention to detail and an eye for design is what makes Santelli and sons different from competitors and is why Santelli and Sons is proud to be celebrating our 60th anniversary in 2012!...

10/09/2018

Rosemarie R.

The owner, Vic Santelli came by our house, gave us an estimate for the work, which was reasonable. We ended up purchasing a replacement for the removed Dogwood from the Santelli nursery. Work was done and the crew cleaned up. Crew was pleasant as well. Vic was prompt, professional and easy to talk to. We would hire them again!!!

Description of Work
We needed to trim the branches of an oak tree and remove a dying Dogwood tree

06/04/2017

Patricia C.

Excellent! They are professional, punctual and were very responsive to my questions. The estimate was reasonable. Work was performed within the agreed upon time frame. I could not be happier with the results. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Design and install landscaping for front of my house.

Category landscaping

12/29/2016

Marie C.

Category lawn service,tree service

11/22/2014

Kristen R.

2 compaints? 1. Their tree division did pruning for us in the spring and left branch stumps on top of a large tree in the front yard. They came up with an explanation (after the work was done) that it was a 2 part process and they will definitely be back early fall to finish the job. They never told us this originally. Now it is almost Thanksgiving and we have been trying to call them. No replies on the tree work. We now have to hire another company to finish the work. Job was paid in full (Mistake!). Spoke to 2 tree companies and both laughed when I told them why we have unfinished work. Both said we were robbed and there was no reason the job should not have been completed in the spring. 2. We have used them for landscaping for the past 2 years. Typical?first year great. This year, the crew head yelled at me when I asked him not to throw debris in the bushes (sticks and debris found on the lawn) and asked why they were not weeding weekly anymore. He became nasty. We got through through the season. Now it's Thanksgiving and they haven't been here in 2 weeks. My husband has been calling to find out what is going on and if they are coming to cleanup before the holiday. He called for a week. They wouldn't call back. Our property looks terrible. Today he spoke to them and they told him that when he stops calling them, they may decide to show up?.they only come periodically in the fall (news to us!). They were nasty. We are done. Life is too short??.

Description of Work
Tree work and regular landscaping

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

06/13/2014

Jessica L.

i left two calls inquiring about service and I did not even receive one response.

Description of Work
nothing. the provider never even bothered to return my two calls.

06/05/2014

Nataly B.

Description of Work
LOVE SANTELLI! For the past five years we have used them for everything from landscaping to buying plants. They completely guarantee everything they sell. All our Home Depot plants kept dying and Santelli came, told us what we needed (plants that love SHADE) and reorganized the property. LOOOKS amazing now. Most recently we bought several plants for spring. Gorgeous! Support local!!

Category tree service

07/30/2013

Patrick M.

They were prompt, did a great job and I was very happy with them.

Description of Work
I used Santelli & Son Inc. for tree work.

Category tree service

02/12/2013

Chris B.

Santelli and Sons provided our church with wonderful landscaping and tree work. They were honest and forthright with their advice of just what landscaping needed to be performed and what the financial implications would be. They provided us the opportunity to discuss doing portions of the work so that it would better fit in to our budget. Do to the size of the project and its projected cost we agreed only to do half of the project. When the time came to do the work I was advised by the owners that the entire job would be completed and that it would be their gift to the church. These are the types of people that you never meet and only hear about. Well I had the pleasure of meeting these fine people and doing business with them. Their eye for perfection and motivated workers transformed a dreary dirt and weed infested area in to a beautiful garden with shrubs and trees. Had it not been for Santelli and Sons and their sacrificial giving our project would never have become a reality.

Description of Work
The project was to re-create and expand an existing garden. The project included installation of two trees, 20 shrubs, new soil as well as the pruning and shaping of 20 existing trees on the property. The location is an auxiliary building of a church. The project was to transform the existing dreary garden that measured approx. 30 ft by 8 ft in to a vibrant area that would now measure 30ft by 12ft. The project additionally called for the creation of a new garden measuring 10ft by 12ft as well as the installation of two 4ft by 4ft sidewalk "cut outs" for trees. Lastly 20 medium to large trees on the property would need to be prunned and shaped.

Category landscaping,lawn service,tree service

01/05/2013

LESLIE W.

They did some decent work, but they go overboard with services they want to perform, or say they performed, whether you agree to it or not. At one point, one of the bosses told me that felt they had to do what they felt needed doing at the time they saw a need. My answer was that it was up to me, not them, and I was told they don't work that way. At one point, I came outside to find their men "cleaning out" an area of branches and vines which shield my property from the property next door, and which had deliberately been left overgrown to provide privacy. When I asked them why they were doing it, I was told they had been "told to do some cleaning up". I stopped them cold, and I was told I would not be charged, but I think they padded a later bill, in order to make up for the work the men had already done before being stopped. Their charges are ludicrous. I believe they do a lot of commercial work, as well, so perhaps it is not worth it to them to do mundane residential work without getting massive amounts of money. The bottom line is - if you want to spend a fortune, have work done which you specifically tell them not to do, get charged for work which was not done ( all I can prove is the liming of the lawn), then use them. Otherwise, steer clear. BTW, they are notoriously unreliable when you call them because you NEED something done, and three or four calls are often necessary before you even get a response. If there's no immediate promise of big bucks, they are very lax.

Description of Work
The date of service and the amount spent are not really accurate, since Santelli had worked for me for a number of years. I basically stuck with them, because the one time I tried using someone else, the company I hired was even worse. Santelli is an "all service" outfit, and they do everything from lawn maintenance to spraying of trees and lawns, tree pruning, tree removal, etc. The problem is that they take it upon themselves to do what they label as "selective pruning" practically every time they come to mow the lawn, and then charge outrageous prices. On more than one occasion, I was charged for pruning which one of the Santelli brothers told me his men had done, and I knew it to be a lie. since I was home on those occasions, and I saw what the men were, and were not doing. They never picked up a pruning shears On other occasions, they prune what doesn't need pruning, and on a couple of occasions, they have cut what I precisely told them NOT to touch. That's the straw that broke the camel's back this last time, December 2012. They cut down all my pampas grasses, which they know I leave all Winter, for effect, they cut my hydrangeas, which they have been told never to touch after the end of the Summer, and they lopped off several branches of trees which they had also been told to leave the way they were. I was charged on several occasions for lawn treatments, ranging from insect control to weed control, and yet the lawn was brown and patchy all Spring and Summer, a lot worse than anyone else's lawn in the area. I have to question whether the lawn treatments were ever done, as well as questioning whether they ever "deep fed" my trees, or sprayed those trees which they said required treatment. They are, without question, very good at charging exorbitant amounts. I think I must have averaged about $1000 a month, if you spread out their charges for the calendar year. That is ludicrous, and my fault for not firing them sooner. It would seem that in the last two years, I have been charged for more and more "services", and I don't think there's a date of service when they just performed maintenance. There was always an extra charge or two for treatment, spraying, pruning, etc. , and I am not even sure any of it was done. When I called up, on at least two occasions, to complain about work they charged for which was not done, or to complain about work they did which they were specifically told not to do, I was treated with condescension and they were patronizing, to say the least. I was asked if I was calling their men "liars", since their men told the bosses they were here working for several hours ( which they were not). When I stated that they had decimated all the bushes I wanted left alone, the response was "Every time you call, we have the same conversation". Yes, that's true. If they didn't do things they were told not to do, we would not have had to have the same conversation. When I received my last bill, which was for December 2012, I was charged $90.00 plus tax for "liming" the lawn, which I can guarantee was not done. Lime can not be missed, since it is white. I have always steered my dog clear of my lawn, and anyone else's lawn which were limed, and there was no lime on my lawn, at all. When I paid the final bill, I deducted the amount for the lime, and said that there was no way it had ever been done. This is why I question how many other "services" were never performed, but charged for.

Category gutter cleaning,landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment,leaf removal,tree service

02/17/2006

FRANCOISE M.

I HAVE USED SANTELLI & SON INC FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND THEY ALWAYS DO SATISFACTORY WORK. MY YARD LOOKS BEAUTIFUL WHEN THEY ARE FINISHED. FOR THE SERVICE I RECEIVE THE PRICE IS JUST RIGHT.

Description of Work
MOWED LAWN, TRIMMED BUSHES AND EDGED THE WALKWAYS

Vermont Good Wood LLC

Any quantity is available but see our web site for typical standard orders.

APM O'Neill & Sons

We do not provide seal coating services. We provide a large range of services including asphalt paving, masonry , concrete paver installations, blacktop driveways, patio extensions, patio renovations, stoop repairs and installations, step repairs, wall building and more. We do not offer seal coating services. Over 30 years delivering high quality workmanship in Long Island. Asphalt paving masonry driveways patio stoops walkways retaining wall Belgian block drainage and waterproofing private roads and much more please call for a free estimates.

JB General Contracting

J B Contracting is a second generation family owned business. The company was started in 1973. The company prides itself on a tradition of excellence begun over 30 years ago. All of our jobs are owner supervised, assuring you of complete satisfaction. The company has grown successfully over the years as masonry contractors and in equipment and machine rental business. This is due to the many referrals and recommendations from our satisfied customers. To find out more please click here for our masonry contracting work. Additional DBAs - J B Custom Masonry, JB Battaglia & J B Contracting, New York Construction 69 Co Inc. Additional contact name - Joseph Battaglia. Family owned. Additional services: Gutter Repair & Replacement. Hauling. Landscaping. Hardscaping. Marble. Masonry. Metal Fabrication. Painting Exterior. Patios. Plumbing. Pressure Washing. Remodeling - General, Basements, Kitchen & Bathroom. Equipment Rentals. Roofing. Stucco. Tree Work.

Santelli & Sons offers: Tree Removal Tree Pruning Stump Grinding Pond Instillation Firewood Insect & Disease Control Deep Root Feeding Propane Landscape Design Lawn Maintenance