We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Jilco Window Corp

Founded 1982 • With Angi since October 2005

4.4

135 Mahopac Ave

Granite Springs, NY 10527

Jilco Window Corp. is a full service window, door, millwork and kitchen cabinetry supplier located in Granite Springs, NY. Jilco has served Westchester and the Tri-State market area for over 30 years. Jilco offers customized service for Builders, Remodelers, Architects and Consumers. Jilco offers products and services for New Construction, Replacement and Remodeling projects....

11/18/2019

Domenick S.

My name is Rick Scherpf, owner of Rick Scherpf Contracting. My team and I have been working with Jilco Window for over 20 years. They are the best in the tri state area. If you are a homeowner, and looking to remodel your kitchen, we highly recommend their team. Their designers will help you find your next dream kitchen at a budget friendly rate. They will help you with every step in the process. 5 stars is an understatement, I wish I could give more! Look no further when you are seeking a kitchen remodeling company.

Description of Work
Kitchen Installation

Category replacement windows, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! You have been a valued customer of ours for many years . We wish you and your Team the very best in the year's to come!!! Best regards, The Jilco Team

05/14/2019

Robert F.

We completed a kitchen renovation in May 2019. Jilco provided the design and furnished the cabinets. Designer Sharon was very patient with us and converted our input into a fabulous and functional design within our budget. Jilco was able to secure us a sales price by telling us when to place our order. Cabinets were delivered as scheduled, Thank you Sharon and Jilco.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation design and cabinet supply

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to share your thoughts on your kitchen remodel. We are pleased that your project exceeded your expectations. We will be sure to pass along your thoughts to Sharon and the entire Jilco Team!!!

07/02/2017

Douglas F.

Since my prior review the sales manager came out personally with a thermaTru specialist to look at the problem and promised to fix it. If this pans out I will be very happy with Jilco.

Description of Work
Hi tech high R windows and door replacement on vintage 1923 home. Overall installation was excellent. I had problems with two doors. One was leaking air under the door with a 3/8" gap. I fixed that myself. The other was water penetration and I was unable to fix that.

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], We have scheduled service on your door for Wednesday, July 26,2017. Our Tech Rep, Craig Paro and Reeb Millwork's Tech Rep. David Gonzalez will arrive at your house between 1pm and 2pm. We look forward to seeing you then. Best regards, Mark Thompson Sales/Marketing Manager Jilco Window Corp. 914-248-6100 X113

06/17/2017

Douglas F.

The front door was mounted with an outswing, but the astragal was mounted on the inside of the door. As a result the door latches and strikers are exposed to elements and have rusted (see photo). There is water penetration on the floor. The door hinges have also rusted. I have been trying to mount my own astragal without success. I have contact Terry McKeon at Jilco for help solving this problem 1/2 a dozen times, and have never received a response, despite the so-called warranty.

Description of Work
I hired Jilco to replace all the windows in my house about 5 years ago. I wanted high-end insulation, used Serious Windows and Therma Tru (french) doors. The windows were installed perfectly. Not so the doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

[Member Name Removed], We are pleased to hear that the window installation on your remodeling project met your expectations. Regarding your water leakage and rust issues on the Therma -Tru Door, I will contact our Therma-Tru representative to offer assistance on resolving these issues. Please contact me so that we may set up a time to meet on your job. Mark Thompson Sales / Marketing Manager Jilco Window Corp. 914-248-6100 X113

11/08/2016

Jeffrey B.

This was - BY FAR - the ABSOLUTE WORST experience I have had during my home renovation. Ironically, it most definitely easiest contracting job during renovation project. The background is the previous homeowner replaced all windows in the house within the last ten years. The original window replacement order was placed by the previous homeowner with Jilco and fortunately, they had the order paperwork for reference. Unfortunately, the prior homeowner did not install any of the original window screens and, in fact, disposed of them all. So, Jilco ordered me replacement screens. However, it wasn't so easy. We closed on the house in May 2016. By mid-July we were finally able to get Jilco's attention on the order (after many slowly-responded-to voicemails and remails...VERY SLOWLY...like days and in some cases weeks). Once the order was placed in July, the screens arrived in August. To my dismay, 21 of the 26 screens were the wrong size. This is after the Jilco rep came to my house to measure all windows in order to confirm sizes against the original paperwork. So, we ordered 21 new screens that arrived at the end of September. The problem is that only 20 screens arrived and only 19 of the 20 were the proper size. At this point I have given up. I have ordered one replacement screen from another company and have called a Jilco competitor to assist in the installation of the additionally-ordred four window balances - of which I have concerns Jilco has delivered me the wrong product. Furthermore, dealing with the Jilco team is like pulling teeth. I had to constantly email and call and leave messages. I was deliberately not trying to be bothersome, but when an entire house is renovated faster than 26 replacements screens can be delivered - that tells you a lot about customer service and the associated responsiveness. I have never had an experience this frustrating from a supposedly "reputable" company. I urge everyone reading this to research competitive service providers.

Description of Work
Replacement window screens and window balances.

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed], We certainly apologize for the frustrating situation that you describe above. For over 35 years the Jilco Team has prided itself in offering superior service and products, however in this case we fell short in meeting your expectations. Your feedback will be used as a platform for service improvement with our sales team. Mark Thompson Sales/ Marketing Manager Jilco Window Corp. 914-248-6100 x113

03/18/2016

Dominic D.

The staff was very helpful and kind. They had a great showroom and also just happened to have free food all over the store that day. We were quite hungry, so we ate a bunch and bought a window. What's better than that?

Description of Work
We bought a sliding glass door from Jilco and they turned us on to a great contractor for installation.

01/06/2016

Eric F.

The installers, Sunrise Carpentry, were very professional, easy to work with and did a quality installation. However, there were problems with the Marvin Integrity windows themselves, and we had to contact Jilco to make arrangements for Marvin to come and correct the problems, primarily with weatherstripping and with easy of motion. It took significant effort on our part to make this happen in a "timely" manner, but the results were fine.

Description of Work
Provide Marvin Integrity Windows and sliding doors and referred us to an installer company, Sunrise Carpentry.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

08/24/2015

Carl P.

They ordered and installed the part for no charge. I have used them many times in the past. We used them for a sliding door, installing a skylight, and installed the kitchen cabinets.

Description of Work
Spring on a window was not working correctly

Category custom cabinets, replacement windows, skylights, doors

08/21/2014

Timothy G.

They weren't the cheapest. They measured and they were professional. We bought Anderson windows so they weren't the cheapest. They gave us great advice on the windows as we have an old house. Everything was delivered as promised and on time. We had someone else do the installation; we just ordered the windows from them.

Description of Work
We used Jilco to purchase windows.

03/10/2014

ashok P.

They were a little late in the delivery and brought the incorrect materials the first time. It took them nearly a month and a half to replace the incorrect materials.

Description of Work
They delivered the windows and doors for my home renovation.

Category replacement windows, doors

(Member name removed), After reading your review, we were all disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on your construction project.For over 30 years the Jilco Team has prided itself in offering professional products and services for our customers. As always, we look forward to improving our level of service and your comments will help us to become better at our trade. We are hopeful that the conclusion of your project went without a hitch, and that you are pleased with the products we provided. Thank you for choosing Jilco to be your millwork supplier.

11/15/2013

Meredith F.

They were great. The people that they recommended for installing the windows were outstanding. We had 50 custom windows installed. They were very expensive. Jilco Window Corp. wasn't expensive, just the windows installed are expensive. It's an expensive process but Jilco Window Corp. was competitively priced. They are very down-to-earth and very reasonable. They're willing to work with me. They have great customer service and they're very helpful. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I did use Jilco Window Corp. for the purchasing of my windows.

07/29/2013

Dorothy L.

Darrin from jilco designed my kitchen and gave me all the things I wanted for my kitchen. He was there to answer any question that I had I was very please with my dealings with jilco and would recommend them to any one.

Description of Work
Purchased kitchen cabinet, counter top and handles for cabinets

Category countertops, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

07/16/2013

Steve G.

Jilco was recommended by my contractor who was overseeing my kitchen renovation. The showroom in Granite Springs is ample and you're left alone as you begin the initial browsing. After a first look-through, I made an appointment to speak with one of the salesmen, Dave Probeyahn, who could not have been nicer. Several days later, Dave came over and took meticulous measurements to prepare the estimate. The price for the cabinets was higher than what I had expected. When I asked Dave is there was any play in the price, he said it was already at contractor's pricing but that sometimes the manufacturer had sales of 5-10 percent off and that he would pass on the savings if a sale materialized before the order came in. Sure enough, I received by email a revised invoice with a 5 percent reduction. Dave didn't have to go the extra mile to do that. But I'm grateful that he did. If my experience is emblematic of a typical experience at Jilco, then I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Bought new kitchen cabinets.

Category woodworking, home remodeling

06/10/2013

Kathleen C.

Didn't have much to do with Jilco except to purchase sliding glass doors. However, salesman did not try to sell us the most expensive option which I consider a positive thing. The contractor they recommended was wonderful. All in all a positive experience.

Description of Work
Provided sliding glass patio doors

Category doors

05/24/2013

Stephen S.

We are not yet complete but I can say that we are without a doubt extremely happy with the windows, doors, (they are beautiful) and we are ecstactic to have connected with Dominic contini who really appreciates the aesthetics of our home and worked closely with us to maintain that integrity.

Description of Work
The provider connected us with a fabulous contractor, Dominic Contini, who replaced all the windows and doors we ordered from Jilco. Jilco (Mike) and Dominic coordinated delivery of windows and doors as needd for installation. Mike was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in our selction of the Anderson A line windows and doors.

Category replacement windows, doors, sunrooms

01/08/2013

Nancy S.

As soon as we went into their building, they were extremely helpful with information and, of course, their products are superior. They also coordinate different contractors for window installation. They made everything so easy. They are very well informed and professional, very easy to talk to.

Description of Work
We will be ordering windows from them.

12/21/2012

Thomas M.

I had two windows replaced. When I discovered a few weeks later that the locks were not working properly Michael the salesperson from Jilco worked with the contractor to get things fixed. When that did not work he contacted the manufacturer's representative and coordinated a service call. After the visit he called to verify that things were fixed properly. I appreciated his attention and follow up. The windows work great.

Description of Work
I had windows in my dining room replaced. Jilco sold me the windows and gave me a list of recommended installers.

Category egress windows, replacement windows

11/03/2011

Eric B.

They do kitchens, windows, skylights, and doors. They remodel all interior work. I have even recommended them to my daughter. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They replaced all the windows that George had stained. They quoted on a job and had one of their contractors install it.

06/25/2011

Cindy S.

Salesman at Jilco showroom and Jilco sales rep who came to measure the windows and door were very patient with all of my questions about replacement windows and very informative about product specifications. Estimate for how long it would take between the windows / door being ordered and then installed was accurate as was estimate for length of time for installation (2 days). The contractor who did the installation was extremely pleasant and professional, and every room they worked in was left neat and clean.

Description of Work
Installed Marvin windows and sliding glass door in condo.

03/31/2011

Rob G.

Nice showroom, nice people (Bob, although sometimes grumpy, was very helpful). Pricing was OK although as a 'walk-in' customer (rather then a contractor) don't believe I got the best price. Lots of places to simply order windows which is what I did. Big disappointment was in the lack of follow up. Several (9) windows over a few orders and I never received a call telling me the windows were in or when they would be delivered. Everytime I had to call them and have them look up the order only to have them say, 'Oh, those windows are already in, do you want them delivered?" Each time I was told I should have received a call (good intentions but poor execution). Need 17 more windows...I will be getting them somewhere else.

Description of Work
Ordered several Andersen windows...some replacement, some new construction. Three separate orders.

03/25/2011

Salvatore C.

I replaced ten windows and one door. The job was done well they showed up when they said they would. The guys were nice to have in your home. The windows are Marvin replacements windows. I few problems but everything was fixed and done right. I would use them again and recommend Jilco.

Description of Work
Replacement windows.

08/17/2010

Carol W.

Everything went smoothly. I ordered a couple of extra items after installation (a dishwasher panel and extra moulding) and they arrived within three weeks.

Description of Work
I received help with cabinet selection and layout. The person I worked with did everything possible to work within my budget and followed up with home visits to work with my contractor and help with installation details.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

10/13/2009

Jason and Heather M.

They came out pretty quickly. They got back to me via phone and email in a timely manner. They were very professional when they came out to my home. I give them A's for their service.

Description of Work
Jilco Window Corp. came out to give me an estimate for some new windows.

08/06/2007

Marsha H.

If I ever do any more remodeling, this will be the company I will immediately call. I found out about them by seeing the work they did at my neighbor's house and I was so impressed. Furthermore, they charge very reasonable rates compared to what other contractors charge and you are getting better quality of work done. I think they are quite impressive and responsive too.

Description of Work
My kitchen was gutted by this company. They then pretty much redesigned the area, installed new cabinets, did the hardwood flooring, hooked up appliances, redid any plumbing that needed to be redone, and they also did some window work. In addition, they handled all the electrical work for that room.

Category electrician, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling

10/17/2005

SANDRA A.

WE WERE VERY HAPPY WITH THEIR WORK AND WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. OUR NEW WINDOWS ARE GREAT AND THEY HELP KEEP THE HEAT IN AND SAVE ON OUR BILLS.

Description of Work
THEY CAME IN AND REPLACED ALL OF THE WINDOWS IN THE HOUSE WITH THE SPECIAL INSULATED WINDOW.