Anchor Asphalt & Paving

Founded 1967 • With Angi since December 2008

FOR PROMPT RESPONSE & SERVICE, PLEASE CALL (845) 294-7150 or (845) 721-7498. We are family owned and operated and have been in business for over 40 years. Ralph started the company at the age of 15 and has been running it ever since. Our goal is customer satisfaction. We work hard to provide high

4.4

driveway pavers (76)concrete driveways (6)excavating (3)hardscaping (1)

04/29/2021

Mary J.

Can't say enough good things about Vinny and Anchor Asphalt and Paving. They did an excellent, professional job on the repaving and even came back and did extra work. They listened to our concerns, took the time to explain everything and went out of their way to satisfy all of our needs. The road had not been paved in about 40 years, was badly rutted and had several areas of heavy ponding. Vinny even took the time to come out before starting the job so that he could view the road after a heavy rain so he would be able to see the issues in person and advise us on how to best alleviate the ponding. He wants to do a good job and satisfy his clients not just take their money. And the price was very fair, less than we had expected. AAAAAAAAAA+++++++++

Description of Work
Repaving of private road

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 04/18/2021

06/29/2020

joseph D.

thank you , vinny you made things right

Description of Work
seal coating drive way

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

Thanks

04/17/2020

Mare T.

I didn't hire this place. First off, the man who came to give me an estimate got out of his truck and immediately started a rant against a certain sect of people who were "taking over his neighborhood." He then proceeded to give me an estimate that was more than twice as high as the two others I had gotten. All in all, it was a very unsettling and creepy experience.

Description of Work
Driveway resurfaced with stone.

Work Completed On 04/17/2020

I believe you have the wrong company!!!! I never provided you an estimate... I would appreciate if you got your facts right and removed this. Thank you

10/29/2019

Dan T.

Never contacted to get my information so they could come to my residence and give me a quote. No phone calls or messages.

Description of Work
Sealing my driveway

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

I’m sorry but we never received your information to hive an estimate. Are you sure you contacted anchor asphalt.

11/20/2018

Barry K.

Based on Angie's List recommendation, I called this contractor twice. They never had the decency to return my call.

Description of Work
Driveway seal coated

Work Completed On 11/20/2018

Very sorry this. We do try our best to contact everyone, however November and December we were short handed and we may have over looked this message.. Sincerely Vincent

12/09/2017

Carla M.

Without a hitch - Vincent and crew were in on a Saturday morning and we were able to use the drive 24 hours later.

Description of Work
Sealant spray for two drives they had paved previous

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

12/09/2017

Carla M.

Anchor Asphalt and Paving are our heroes! We had a rather dire situation with our old broken, and yes, pot-holed private road leading to a split double drive. I met a couple of companies prior, who either didn't want to take the time to explain their process, or didn't want to listen to my concerns. I guess third time was the charm! I met with Ralph first and showed him the properties and told him my concerns. He went through every step of the process as he saw it and his ideas for fixing every issue. He took the time to explain how everything worked and made me feel extremely comfortable with the project. I called on him very late in the season (October!) so he did all of the measuring the day we met and sent proposals over that very night. Once we approved it, he fit us in right away! Both he and his son Vincent, who runs the job were extremely professional. Their crew was as well. What was estimated at about 4 days, took them TWO! The crew was fast and efficient and most importantly NEAT AND CLEAN. They removed any old debris, and left both drives and the road absolutely perfect. Ralph even took some time at the end to make a wonderful border for us. I am extremely pleased with the work they did. They are punctual, professional and take the time to listen to their customers needs. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. We will be calling them back to seal the drive when the time comes. Excellent company owners and team to deal with.

Description of Work
Asphalt Paving, Fix/Add Berm for proper water runoff, Removal of old Belgian Block

Category driveway pavers, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

09/18/2017

Jason P.

They are fantastic! Completed the entire job in 1 day. The results look great and Ralph was fantastic to deal with - such a sweet and professional guy. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs their driveway replaced/repaired.

Description of Work
Anchor Paving removed and replaced our asphalt driveway.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

06/28/2017

Robert S.

Could not have been better. Very thick layers of asphalt applied. Many comments and inquiries from neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Replaced entire driveway

Work Completed On 08/22/2016

06/22/2017

michael D.

Dealing with Anchor paving was a pleasure! Good advice, competitive price and excellent work. I also needed to sure up some drainage work and they did it all. Vinny came to the house more then once to work out the details and after he was already hired followed up with a phone call to make sure things were going satisfactorily. I will hire Anchor to seal my driveway in September and will have a follow up review with a picture of the finished product.

Description of Work
Tore out my old driveway and made a new wider driveway.

Work Completed On 06/15/2017

06/14/2017

ROBERT S.

It went without a hitch. Every bit of equipment and supplies arrived on time. The work was extremely professional and exact. The cleaned up after. Very proud and detailed. Extremely pleased with their work. Will always use them for additional work.

Description of Work
I had an old asphalt driveway stripped clean and then a thick (and I mean thick) driveway with all the correct layers built up so that my new driveway is very solid and can take a lot of traffic without any issues at all.

Work Completed On 08/22/2016

06/12/2017

Brent F.

Vinny and his crew did a great job. Would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Paved Driveway

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

10/24/2016

Katherine S.

Excellent job. Pete was very pnice and professional.

Description of Work
Resurfaced a driveway

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

09/27/2016

Jeffrey Z.

The work went very well. Ralph is experienced and knowledgeable. He explained the process, answered our questions and provided us with his recommendations. Ralph and the crew did an excellent job and cleaned up the area after the work was done. A month later, Vincent and his assistant put on a sealant by hand (more effective than by machine) to protect the surface. I strongly recommend Anchor Asphalt & Paving.

Description of Work
Removal of two previous asphalt surfaces from driveway; put in new asphalt driveway; installed belgian stones around driveway and part of pathway; painted two existing drain covers; replaced one drain cover; applied sealant by hand to driveway

Category excavators, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 08/24/2016

09/26/2016

John F.

This was an unexpected pleasure. Richard Stanley was so helpful from the beginning. My driveway goes up the side of a mountain with many twists and turns and altitude changes. He and his fantastic crew took a really horrible chip and tar driveway that had seen better days and transformed it into a driveway that has me smiling every time I use it. Richard was on the job site every minute and made sure that everything was done to his high standards. R Stanley was recommended by some friends who had used Richard, and they were so very right. I had a bunch of estimates done, and for once my choice was the right one. I would use Richard again in a heartbeat. This was an expensive job, but well worth it.

Description of Work
My half mile driveway

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

09/12/2016

Helen L.

They did a super job. Offered excellent suggestions and took the time to educate me and answer my questions. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Driveway replacement

Work Completed On 08/12/2016

09/21/2015

Caroline S.

I called several times before getting call back. When he did call back, he was quick to come out to give us a quote, and promt for the appointment. However, the quote was outrageous, about $1500 higher than next highest quote (out of 4 estimates).

Description of Work
Gave estimate for paving driveway.

Work Completed On 09/08/2015

09/03/2015

jean S.

It is a big relief that this work was done. I can not say enough. The job went very well. Mr. Stanley is a gentleman. I did not know what terrible shape the culvert was in, but the bottom quarter was rotted away. It probably was not safe.

Description of Work
Mr. Stanley and his crew dug up a 50 foot length of my driveway including the culvert at the road, replaced the culvert, put down small stones and laid new asphalt. He stayed with his crew the entire time to oversee the work. He listened to my concerns about the busy road and entrance, made the culvert longer so it is easier and safer to turn in. He extended the blacktop past the culvert in the drainage ditch. If blacktop can be a work of art, this is it.

Category excavators, driveway pavers

Work Completed On 09/02/2015

08/30/2015

Sharon L.

This is family owned and operated company. And it shows. The service was efficient and extremely well done. They corrected my driveways mishap and did a top notch job ! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I had an unfortunate situation with another company. I checked Angie's list and read the reviews on Anchor and called. They came promptly and went above and beyond my expectations paving my driveway.

Work Completed On 08/19/2015

05/30/2015

Rich L.

They arrived slightly ahead of schedule, they scoped out the work to be done with the crew and got immediately to work. They were friendly, polite, answered all my questions and very professional. They were careful to not damage anything and cleaned up after themselves. They definitely raised the bar for other contractors I'll have to deal with in the future. They even corrected the slope of our driveway to the road, which wasn't contracted for. The driveway looks fantastic, it couldn't have been done better than that. I highly recommend Anchor Asphalt & Paving.

Description of Work
Removed the old driveway, added Item 4 and compacted, before re-paving the driveway.

Work Completed On 05/28/2015

05/05/2015

Carol K.

The workmen were on time and stayed long after working hours to finish the job. Everyone was polite and accommodating. Ralph Stanley and his son explained everything that was being done to be sure it met with our approval. Very professional people to deal with. We are more than satisfied with this provider. The turn-arounf-time was quick. The paving was completed in one day. We would highly recommend Anchor Asphalt and Paving to everyone.

Description of Work
The driveway was newly paved with asphalt. The apron at the street level was paved with Belgium Blocks. The sidewalk was graded to meet the pavers for a smooth finished appearance.

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

10/02/2014

Carol O.

We were impressed with the professionalism, knowledge & experience of Mr Ralph Stanley, Vincent Stanley & their crew. Our calls were promptly returned & the job was done within days of the initial meeting & estimate w/Ralph. Top notch, well cared for, all first rate equipment. Ralph understood the hill/drainage situation & what needed to be done to improve it. The owners were onsite & worked alongside the crew. The paving job looks terrific. We highly recommend Anchor Asphalt Paving.

Description of Work
On the top parking area near the house they ground off 1 1/2" of old blacktop & then paved over that with 2 1/2" compacted blacktop. This part was done by hand...hand spread & rolled...because of tight quarters. The steep hill portion was torn up & old blacktop removed, regraded & added new stone base, pitched properly for drainage, & paved with 2 1/2" of compacted blacktop. They dug a drainage trench & filled it with large stone for drainage off the hill. They had some leftover blacktop & added extra footage onto some of the gravel portion of the drive.

Work Completed On 09/22/2014

09/10/2014

mark C.

Great, only took about 4 hours and did a great job.

Description of Work
Paved my driveway and part of the neighbor's. about 2000 sq.ft.