Rest Easy Pest Control

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2012

40 Glen St Ste 1

Glen Cove, NY 11542

The last thing you want to deal with is pests. And you shouldn’t have to. Whether you’re looking for residential pest control or commercial pest control services Glen Cove area (Lattingtown, Bayville, Locust Valley, Matinecock) or anywhere in New York City's five boroughs, Nassau County or Suffolk County, it’s our job here at Rest Easy Pest Control to give you that Rest Easy Feeling, now and in the future. Pests can be frustrating, disturbing, even dangerous. They can cause significant and expensive structural damage (chew wires, damage plumbing and HVAC systems, etc.) Pests can cause anxiety, hurt your reputation and steal your peace of mind, not to mention pose a health hazard. At Rest Easy Pest Control our knowledgeable and experienced staff knows pests better than you’ll ever want to. How they live, and where they live. The best methods and products to eliminate them and keep them from coming back. We’re also easy to talk to, and we listen carefully to thoroughly understand your specific situation. You can trust our advice and our professional pest control services to give you that Rest Easy Feeling. Whatever your pest problems, our experts here at Rest Easy Pest Control understand what you’re going through. We provide complete pest control services for year-round detection and removal, and we can deal swiftly with seasonal pest issues, to give you that Rest Easy Feeling all year long. We’ll work with you to discuss your specific situation and create a customized pest control solution to eliminate current problems and ensure you stay pest-free from now on. You can count on us to provide the confidence and peace of mind that come from knowing your home and family are fully protected. You can Rest Easy. DBA- Pest Control Services, Termite Control, Bed Bug Removal, Bee Removal, Bed Bug Inspection Service, Animal Removal Services, Bird Barriers, Repellents & Controls & Insect Control Devices...

12/30/2019

Dara C.

Beware of Pricing Bait & Switch/Terrible Customer Service yet Great Technicians. Technicians who came out are top notch, unfortunately the company isn't entirely trustworthy. Two times over my year long contract the company misquoted me higher prices for service or tried to downgrade the service (blamed it on a "new" customer service rep). Perhaps it's because I'm a woman? I still have time left on my year long contract and when I told the customer service rep I wasn't renewing b/c of the pricing and service fluctuations she rudely said, "thank you for your business" and hung up. I'm still a paying customer until my contract ends. This is not Rest Easy at all--they play games with pricing and are rude to people who are current customers, so if you do engage with them you have to record every phone call and maintain all of your records.

Description of Work
Maintenance

12/04/2018

Joe G.

I first called REPC in the spring when the ants come out. They did a great job and I paid up front for a year contract which includes 4 visits to maintain, and unlimited visits if you have a problem. A few months ago the ants started showing up again on a weekend when no one is in the office when I called for service, but I left a message what the problem was. We used RAID on the ants and they went away. REPC, NEVER called me back? So much for great service. Today, I go outside to pull in the garbage can, and by habit I stuck my hand in the mailbox to check if the mail came yet. I pulled out a slip from REPC saying, "WHILE YOU WERE AWAY" ? I was not away, I have been home all day? The slip said the person treated the outside. No one knocked, or rang my bell and asked IS THERE ANY PROBLEMS INSIDE YOUR HOME? I was furious! Who knows what they did or didn't do outside? I called the office to complain, I spoke to a Sarah, I believe, and told her what just happened. She apologized and asked me If I want them to come back to treat inside? I said AT THE MOMENT everything is okay inside, BUT, isn't it part of the service to 1, tell the people you are coming, 2, tell the customer you are HERE, 3, ASK if there are any problems inside the home! This service contract covers the whole house, basement and attached garage for almost everything including mice. How could you NOT TELL a customer you are coming, and you have arrived? My advice, NEVER PAY UP FRONT on a yearly contract with anyone. I just learned that lesson by using REPC, the old saying, once they have your $$$ good luck!

Description of Work
ANT REMOVEAL

03/24/2018

Judith W.

I was a cash paying customer for about two years. They came every two months- recommended by Chris. The guys were professional, knowledgeable and cordial while in my home. My service lagged when I had two surgeries. When I was able to resume treatments Allison charged me $100 for first visit and had me consent to their payments coming directly from my account . My husband objected and I informed company. They sent letters dunning me for payments and then referred me to a collection agency. All through this I called Rest Easy left numerous messages for Chris and he never called me. I called today to speak to Allison and left message. I’m tired and overwhelmed by this shoddy treatment!!

Description of Work
Mice and seasonally ants

Category pest control

Hi [Member Name Removed]- Thank you for your past business. In Nov. of 2017 after a year of no service you called us again for service. We sent out a technician and you agreed to an annual plan where you would pay a drastically reduced initial fee and then make monthly payments for an annual contract that would have provided you with quarterly visits and on demand services. You immediately defaulted in month one and we began our attempt to collect the money you agreed to pay. We called (many times), we emailed, we wrote letters. You had two options you could have either continued with the signed agreement or paid the full price for the initial. (which you can still do). You have since made another appointment for this coming April 2018, so I am unclear as to why you say would not hire us again? Safe to say we will not be coming back in April until we can clear up your bill from last November.

09/27/2017

loretta P.

Awesome, no mosquitoes for about 6 weeks

Description of Work
Backyard treated

Category pest control

That is great! Thank you for reaching out.

07/10/2017

Lioubov S.

It worked, ants no longer crawling into the house

Description of Work
General pest control.

Thank you so much!

05/15/2017

Nicole A.

They are very rude in the office sometimes not very flexable. But when they come out and the service they are very good.

Description of Work
pest control service

04/12/2017

patricia K.

They laid traps and glue boards and we got the two.I also signed on for a year so they will come 4 times and check traps or spray outside.1132The problem is that they never make an appointment to come inside. They just leave me notes saying they were here and treated outside. That could be true or not. My contract ends soon and I won't be needing them anymore.For $32.95 a month, I would have liked an occasional visit inside to check the traps.

Description of Work
Had a mouse problem.

12/21/2016

Michael D.

Very well! Helpful, was cool with me following him around to see what he was doing, and explained every step of the way.

Description of Work
Spraying for carpenter ants

07/07/2016

Mike Y.

It went okay. The price was good, it was comparable with others. I would tell a friend or a member to use them. They say what they did and they just came and did it.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them. It was $119 for a rodent exclusion package. They checked up on the rodent issue.

07/03/2016

edward C.

The tech showed up on tine and check the house thoroughly and made is recommations

Description of Work
Bed bug inspection

05/16/2016

YENNY G.

I am very satisfied with RestEasy Pest Control. The guy arrive to my house on time. He discovered the problem right away and provided the appropriate treatment. After 1st treatment, I was able to return to my bedroom. At first I was scared that those nasty insect were still alive, however, during second inspection and treatment we found them dead. Thank you Rest Easy Pest Control.

Description of Work
Got rid of the bedbugs problem in my master bedroom.

03/10/2016

Dennis S.

Our guy was Marty, took an extensive look before giving advice. Did some stuff immediately and set up a monthly plan to ensure we eliminated the problem. Everything worked as he predicted.

Description of Work
Exterminated new home. Set up plan to get rid of unwanted vermin.

03/01/2016

meirav A.

They were quick to answer the phone, they came the next day, they communicated well.

Description of Work
They eliminated bees

02/16/2016

Robert E.

I saw them once. The only time I see them is when they take the money out of the account. They take out $32 every month. I have very little contact with them. I don't know whether job is being done. They say everything is alright. But, we gave an initial large payment and then they disappeared. They don't see you for a whole year. That's not the way to do business. It was supposed to be $29 and they keep taking out $32. I want those payments stopped. They say they have a representative come over once a month to check the traps. They don't leave a note and they don't leave a smoke signal. They don't leave nothing to indicate anything, whether they come in the day or night, when or how. They have poor connections to the customer.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them for pest control.

Category pest control

Sorry you are not happy with the communication. When you called us to address this we quickly made an appointment to visit you and as agreed to NEVER to service your home unless you are home. It is protocol on termite inspections for a leave behind to be left, I am not sure why you did not get any. Again we took measures to make sure this never happens again.

01/25/2016

Yilson M.

everything went well. very punctual and professional. very efficient. friendly staff.

Description of Work
removed a beehive

01/21/2016

Jen P.

The nest was removed quickly and effectively.

Description of Work
took out a wasp nest

01/13/2016

Kari E.

I had a huge hornet's nest appear on the outside of the house. The team at Rest Easy was responsive and scheduled the removal at my convenience. The gentleman was prompt and thorough and removed the nest (in a full bee suit). Unfortunately, the nest and hornet's came back after a week (which is common) and Rest Easy came right back and took care of the new nest that was rebuilt. I'd absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Hornet's nest

11/19/2015

Helen G.

They came out and did what they were supposed to do. He was very nice and informative.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $350 Annual Pest Control Package with Termite Inspection

11/16/2015

Galina I.

It's really very bad now. They install that things in November Said they would be back in 3 months!! Came back in 6 months and told me that I don't have any termites!! Unfortunately I do have them!!! This is the reason I bought your service. I took pictures of them and show them to your technician !! So this company didn't do anything to get rid of termites. They told me " This is too expensive"" I said that I know that!!! I paid you $800!!! In May I saw termites in my basement again!!! Called Angies list!!! Called the company!! Spoke with the owner!!! Explained my situation. He:" you don't understand and don't know anything about termites!!" Me:" yes,that's why I am paying you to do this job!!" Unfortunately , nothing else was done!! Termites are still here!!! This is terrible terrible service!!! I want all my money back!! Will never deal with this company again!!! If there is other companies Angies list recommend I will consider your advice. I want to thank all representatives I spoke with and got help from. You guys do a very good job!!! Thank you. Hope I can resolve this issue fast!!

Description of Work
They sent technitian to install some device to check if termites are in the house!!

10/12/2015

Gwendolyn S.

They were very good. I was able get answers to all my questions. They were very professional, kind, and friendly.

Description of Work
I purchased a deal with this company.

10/11/2015

jean R.

Well not perfectly. As all know the removal of any nest should be done at dusk or later when all the insects are relaxing at home. Unfortunately the company's hours prevented this time. The tech suited up and started spraying and hitting the nest and did knock it down and take it away. HOWEVER, the hornets were all out at their 9-5 . When they came home they were confused as to the whereabouts of their home, it couldn't just vanish into thin air. They held a town meeting, EVERYONE attended! After much a due, they rebuilt, even w/o federal funding, and instead of moving to another location as the tech surmised, they rebuilt in the exact same tree only a foot lower. This time however , we observed the construction in the early phase and my son was able to spray a foaming agent into the nest blocking all exits the next NIGHT! And for about 2 more just to be safe! He then removed the second nest, WITH most of its occupants. I'm not saying that some of the prior occupants didn't move on after the tech sprayed, We do see a hornet now and again, stopping in to visit its old stinging ground, We try to make them feel squished

Description of Work
We had a hornets nest only 4.5 feet off the ground. Due to allergies and viciousness of hornets we needed it gone. They removed it

10/11/2015

Alva S.

He immediately went to work on drilling the holes to insert the tubes and worked very quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
John arrived on schedule and installed 10 bait cylinder tubes around the property of my house. He was very professional, friendly, and answered all my questions.

10/05/2015

Robert Z.

Reliable and communicated effectively.

Description of Work
Inspected basement. Placed bait traps and sealed access.

09/17/2015

David F.

He came. He saw. He killed. They died.

Description of Work
Killed wasps. Effectively.

09/12/2015

Brian G.

They called to set up and confirm appt. Showed up when expected and performed a thorough inspection and set traps to eliminate mice. Very professional, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again or recommend to friends and family.

Description of Work
pest inspection