Gotham Builders of New York

Founded 1994 • With Angi since January 2006

NYC & Long Island's finest home remodeling and home improvement resource. Gotham Builders has 35 years of experience in exterior and interior projects in the area. We specialize in kitchen, bathroom, basements, roofing, siding and masonry. Gotham builders will act as your adjuster. Adjusters charge you up to 10% of the claim. Gotham has adjusters on staff and will adjust your claim free of charge as long as we get the job. We want to see the insurance money go back into your home rather than the adjusters pocket. Long Island location: 108 W Merrick Rd, Freeport, NY 11520; NYC Location 203 20 Rockyhill Rd Bayside NY 11361. Associates: Gregory Perrotta, President, Kat O'shea, Project Manager. Schedule an estimate with Jackie Ardi by calling (347) 269-0048. Award winning....

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+52 more images

home remodeling (77)roofing (41)window replacement (32)siding companies (23)tile installation (23)plumbers (21)electrician (21)basement remodeling (20)flooring (20)drywall (18)door installation (14)lighting (14)

06/10/2022

Seth K.

The guys were great to work with. They were professional and listened to how we wanted things to look and work. Overall excellent experience.

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Category chimney repair, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/10/2022

12/23/2021

ricardo E.

Overall it Went well. Longer than anticipated due to product quality/delivery issues from Home Depot/Kraftmaid. The hands-on contractor that did the overall renovation/installation (Charlie) is a skilled craftsman, personable and professional.

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation

Work Completed On 12/23/2021

12/17/2021

sylvia K.

A wonderful experience. The contractors were respectful, professional, and skilled at their craft. My 87-year-old mother had to be taken to the hospital one day by EMS workers. One of them came back to the house after they dropped my mother off to get the contractor's card - even THEY were impressed with the work they saw being done. We love our new bathrooms. THANK YOU Gotham Builders!!!

Description of Work
Total renovations on two bathrooms.

Category drywall, chimney repair, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/19/2021

12/16/2021

Meije B.

Greg and Kat were amazing. Their design recommendations where excellent and they always made sure the quality of the work is up to standard. Their team is also excellent. Will be hiring them again next time we need a job.

Description of Work
Bathrooms (2), deck, replacement of windows, door installation

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, drywall, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, pressure washing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/16/2021

10/26/2021

Linda R.

They are excellent, they were on time, they handled everything they cleaned up everyday and the work was done professionally. Staff are very helpful and customer service are very exceptional. They've done everything great. I will definitely call them again for any constructions works that I need.

Description of Work
Full kitchen renovation.

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

05/11/2021

Neil K.

This was a complete renovation of approximately 224 square feet of existing kitchen space- including- cabinetry- wood flooring-plumbing and electrical. Preliminarily, received excellent reviews from prior recent projects of similar size and scope. While no project is without some hiccups- Mike did an excellent job coordinating the various trades and keeping to a schedule during very difficult times. Delivery of some items not under Gotham's control namely cabinets had longer delivery production times. Mike's team as well as the sub-contractors- Plumbing-flooring and electrical were on point. Even demo was pretty clean. Everyone was neat-professional. Carpentry was perfect. What is most notable is that Mike owns the project as if it was his home. We spoke almost every single morning- project updates-addressing any questions or concerns. Always reachable- even after project closeout. There were no contractor driven change-orders and we stuck to agreed upon pricing. In fact, Mike was willing to assist me during any down time with work at my daughters newly purchased home with carpentry and the needs. If Mike, Rich and crew are on the project and his subs-you have little to be concerned about. In the end, you have a good project and have gained new friends.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Renovation

Category drywall, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/11/2021

02/15/2021

eric L.

These guys pulled me out of the drink. I was really suffering with a kitchen job which wasnt getting done. These guys came in and fixed a bunch of stuff and completed the install ahead of my original schedule. Very pleased.

Description of Work
To fix a kitchen job started by another contractor

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, remodeling, replacement windows, chimney repair, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

10/15/2020

sharon M.

I had the pleasure of working with Jeff W. as the GC for Gotham Builders on my construction project. After getting estimates from 4 different companies, I selected Gotham because of Jeff’s demonstration of knowledge and his professional demeanor which continued throughout the project. I had a sunroom extension and 2nd story deck above this constructed across the rear of my home. I COULDN’T BE HAPPIER WITH THE RESULT! Even though the pandemic hit during the construction, Jeff and his crews worked safely (reduced & masked man power once allowed) and got the job done in good time. Whenever there was a hiccup in the process (As we all know there will be!) Jeff was always available and communicated with me, the architect and the permit board swiftly to resolve the issues. This gave me confidence in this company’s ability to get things done. I hope to use them for a new roof in the future and have recommended them to friends and neighbors in my area.

Description of Work
Sunroom and 2nd Story Deck

Category decks, remodeling, air duct cleaning, sunrooms

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Review for Gotham Builders of New York - 108 W Merrick Rd, Freeport, NY - 38950626

Thank you so much. The extension came out beautiful. I love the siding and stone that you picked out. Call us if you need anything

07/27/2020

Ann C.

The team of workers did an excellent job with kitchen & bath. The work was done in the exact amount of time they said. Anil was very helpful with picking the materials & design. I would definitely use them for future projects. .

Description of Work
Full gut & remodel of kitchen & half bath.

Category countertops, flooring contractor, air duct cleaning, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

07/18/2020

christal B.

Run, don't walk to hire them. They are packing up now, Porferio and Pedro, and I miss them already. They are beautiful people and true craftsmen, a pleasure to have such skilled people in our home. They are leaving us with new windows, the biggest project we have done in our home in 20 years, and they have transformed our house. From beginning to end, they have been considerate and hardworking - they don't play. Geno, our Sales Manager, was great in helping us understand the ins and outs of his products, and checked in with us throughout the process. Ask me anything, I will tell you it was done carefully and exceptionally well. Thank you, Geno, Porferio, Pedro and Dorian. :)

Description of Work
replacement windows and installing a door

Category replacement windows, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 07/18/2020

07/14/2020

M N.

We bought cabinets thru Home Depot,in Levittown,Ny. Gotham Builders of Freeport, does most of H.D's contracted work. Except for that Long Island store. The start date was delayed,like everything else during the on set of the Covid 19 pandemic. His crew are amazing! the cabinets were delayed, his crew came back several times. Today we are finished. Jesus and the men went beyond a normal work schedule. I highly recommend Jeff of Gotham Builders of Freeport N.y. My sincerest Thanks to Jesus and everyone. Don't hesitate to look Gotham Builders of Freeport up if you are in need of quality renovations. The Best!.

Description of Work
Kitchen flooring, cabinets, backsplash, and more.

Category flooring contractor, air duct cleaning, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

07/04/2020

Malaika L.

Amazing! Amazing! Gotham did a phenomenal job on our bathroom gut renovation; the end result and finish is better than I could ever have imagined. Extremely professional and knowledgeable crew and just really nice people who were able to help me get through the dysfunctional board of my building, work stoppage during the pandemic and close out of this project. I honestly have only amazing things to say about the entire crew and staff, and the quality of work that they did. Thank you all so much!

Description of Work
Bathroom Gut Renovation

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

04/16/2020

Jason V.

The team was professional and thorough. A camera was used to see the problem. It was explained and the live feed from the camera was shown so that I could understand the problem and how to remediate it. The project was scheduled and they complied with all the necessary permits. We no longer have the problem and are very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
Replacement of sewage pipe. Due to erosion the pipe was sinking and was causing a problem in the basement.

Category air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 01/06/2020

03/18/2020

Yves M.

Love the new look! Once the inspections were complete (the longest part of the job) the work was completed in about a week. the bathroom was completely gutted out. It was so refreshing to have everything new and modern. The workers were very efficient, ensuring to clean up every day before they left.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

Review for Gotham Builders of New York - 108 W Merrick Rd, Freeport, NY - 38453384

11/22/2019

Louron H.

Gotham Builders was referred to us by Home Depot of Elmont. We specified to Home Depot that we were looking for an extremely professional, trustworthy and reliable contractor to take on this immense project. And, we got Gotham Builders!!!!! Jeff, Eddie and the rest of the team were professional from day one. They walked us through the entire process displaying their knowledge and experience in kitchen and bathroom remodels. They were punctual every single day, including weekends!!!! They were very responsive to all our questions and concerns. We were thoroughly impressed and completely satisfied with the end result. We will be using Gotham Builders again for future projects and we highly recommend that you use them too.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bathroom Remodel

Category countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, insulation, lighting, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

08/12/2019

Gilda S.

I recently decided to renovate my old kitchen and a friend recommended Gotham Builders on Long Island. In 2 days my kitchen was ripped out down to the studs including the ceiling. After which, new insulation, walls, ceramic floor and new ceiling fitted for recessed lighting were all installed. The project mgr, Jay Brick, was always there to see everything ran smoothly. The men were all very professional, experienced, efficient and quick. Always cleaned away all debris each day before leaving. There was a bump here and there but I was left with a beautiful kitchen. Could not be happier. Each time I enter my kitchen a big smile envelops my face. The price was fair, which included all electrical and plumbing work. All well done.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, electrician, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

Review for Gotham Builders of New York - 108 W Merrick Rd, Freeport, NY - 38040297

07/03/2019

Kam C.

Hired Gotham to replace my roof, siding and resurfaced the chimney after comparing the price and reviews online. Although the Project didn’t finish as quickly as I expected due to rain of this year’s spring. The whole administration team were really nice and responsive from beginning to end. Special thank to Andy whom was able to accommodate all my requests and get the job done right throughout the whole process. Both my wife and I are really happy with the end result. I will definitely hire them again for any future work.

Description of Work
Roofing, Siding and Chimney

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, chimney repair

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

05/21/2019

gerardo G.

Our Church had a leak in the roof for years. Many roofers went up on the roof to try and stop. Gotham fixed the leak and put in a new bathroom. Thank Gotham

Description of Work
Roof and bathroom

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, roofing, water damage restoration, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

05/21/2019

eric L.

Gotham is amazing. When I contacted them, I already had a preliminary design put together with another company. Thank Goodness I called Greg at Gotham. There were so many issues with that original design that I just didn't anticipate. I would have been miserable if I had gone forward with it and installed the kitchen. But Gotham came to the rescue! There is just no substitute for experience and Greg is experience defined. Also, he was as excited to do the job as I was. You can tell he loves what he does. He is creative and loves to solve problems. He would come up with ideas to make the job better and then call me to make the suggestions. Gotham's work is meticulous and I am eager to start another project with them.

Description of Work
Bathroom and Kitchen Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/21/2019

04/26/2019

ula G.

I hired Gotham Builders to gut 2 existing bathrooms and install 2 new ones in their place. They have a system in which they give the client an "allowance" to go towards the purchase of finishing materials. The allowance is included in the price of the job and is actually just taken out of a portion of the money the client pays them. This means the client will go to the store, pick out materials, such as a vanity or shower, and the store then will collect payment from Gotham, up to the amount allotted for allowance, prior to releasing the item to the client. Gotham charged me $22,000 for 2 bathrooms, but $3,000 of this amount was for allowance. They requested a deposit at signing, and another on the first day of the job, totaling $11,000 (50%) paid by the 1st day of the job. They repeatedly insisted most finishing materials needed to be on site before the 1st day of the job and also instructed me that I could only purchase in stock materials, even if I wanted something else that needed to be ordered, because they were not willing to wait for any items to come in during the job. I felt, for $22,000 of work, I should be able to install what I really wanted. However, when I picked out some of the materials requested, prior to the first day of the job, from the store they had recommended I shop from, and the store contacted them for payment, and they went back and forth with the store before ultimately not sending payment. Gotham claimed, while they required certain materials to be purchased and on site by the first day, that they would not pay the store for materials until I paid the second installment that was due on the first day of the job. This meant ultimately, even though on paper these items were supposed to be covered by my allowance that I paid for, I would have to first pay out of pocket for these items, in order to have them purchased and on site by the 1st day of the job. I did so, paying out of pocket and expecting reimbursement from Gotham, which I did not receive. The store said this is a typical tactic used by builders in order to retain what is actually rightfully the client's funds. The job began with the demolition of 2 existing bathrooms. My house is over 100 years old, contains lead paint, and, by law, must be demolitioned using certain protective practices. By law, the crew doing the demolition must be specifically trained and certified to perform demolition where lead is present. Gotham subcontracted this demolition out. Though Gotham handed me a "Renovate Right" lead safety pamphlet when they came to give a quote, I researched the company they subcontracted the demolition out to, and found that the subcontractor was not licensed and certified to legally be performing demolition where lead was present, nor had they ever been. Furthermore, that lack of training was clear in there work. They did not practice Any of the protective guidelines outlined in the "Renovate Right" pamphlet. As a result, I came back to the house to find that the demolition had been done without sealing Any areas off. In fact, I had loosely taped off my bedroom prior to leaving and the workers doing the demolition actually ripped the plastic I put up, down,(the opposite of what they were supposed to do, seal the area off further) in order to use a bedroom outlet. The man who sold me the contract for Gotham stated I would come home to everything being so clean. However, instead, there was lead dust coating almost the entire unit, including all over my expensive mattress in the next room, which had to consequently be thrown away, as well as a thick coat over all my belongings including my computer and keyboard. My throat would close up for weeks to come, every time I entered the space, following this unsafely done demolition. After this, the man Gotham sent to install the 2 bathrooms began to work on the 2nd floor bathroom only. I have the strong impression this man was not licensed. He was to perform all aspects of the installation from plumbing to electrical. He put in some plumbing and a very unlevel and jagged plywood sub floor, again on the second floor only. Part of the contract included redoing all electrical. He contacted me repeatedly asking that I contact Con Ed and ask that they turn the power on for that floor. He stated he needed to check the electrical so he could close up the wall. However, I informed him the power had been on in the entire house for months, which it had, and anything that was not working was an issue within the house wiring, not one having to do with Con Ed. He would not accept that, likely because he did not have the skills to know how to fix the actual issue. Following this conversation, he never came back and never reached out or made any attempt to contact me. He additionally, for a reason unknown to me, never even started Any work on the 1st floor bathroom, where the electricity was working just fine. I had multiple electricians come to the house following this, and all of them could see the actual electric issue for the 2nd floor bathroom within a few seconds of looking at the panel in the basement and stated it was very simple to remedy for someone who is actually trained. These other licensed electricians that came through also stated that the wiring in the bathroom was completely unsafe, not rooted and the guy should not just have been checking it and ready to seal up the wall, as it required extensive work to update and make safe, prior to closing the wall. Additionally, they stated that electricians work in houses which Actually have no power in NY on a regular basis and there are instruments that are standard for those that do electrical work to have, that allow them to test the electrical without the home having working or turned on electricity. Separately, 2 plumbers came through the house and saw the plumbing done by Gotham in the 2nd floor bathroom. They both observed that the piping used was narrower than was legally permitted (not to code) and PVC (not to code). Additionally, they both noted the plumbing for the sink, toilet and shower All had no venting. This would mean that the bathroom would have serious and ongoing drainage and clogging issues, should the bathroom have been completed. Essentially, Gotham took my deposit of $11,000, did a dangerous and improper demolition, which included lead, and led to my mattress being forcibly thrown away, improperly installed plumbing which had to consequently be removed, did not touch the first floor bathroom, and then left with my money, and never reimbursed me my "allowance" from the deposit. Unfortunately, to date, I have never heard back from Gotham following informing them that the electricity was in fact on on the second floor, or have they ever made any attempt, to date, to remedy the situation in the form of Either sending more qualified workers to at least perform the amount of work that was paid for, or to refund the amount paid, since their worker abandoned the job a couple days in. I am hopeful this review will nudge them to remedy this situation.

Description of Work
2 bathrooms

Work Completed On 04/26/2019

To Whom it may Concern, We have looked diligently for any record or contract of the complainant's name and Brooklyn zip code. We can find no record of completing any job in the year 2019 at the stated zip code as mentioned in the complaint. On the complaint, no address number or street name was provided. We have no knowledge of this project. We ask that the complainant please contact us at our office phone number as soon as possible: 718-279-9622, press option #1. Gotham Builders of New York has been, for decades, a company proud of our attention to detail and warranty services, thus we wish to better understand the complainant's circumstances. Gotham Builders of New York 718-279-9622

04/17/2019

Michael S.

Gregory and his crew provide first rate skill and quality work. It was a long process from the initial ideas to the proposed drawings, to working with the architect and selecting the cabinets and Gregory was there throughout both guiding us and making suggestions based on his experience. His crew is responsive and show care for the jobsite and making sure that the expected disruption to your home and daily life is kept to a minimum. Their taping, spackling and painting skill is top notch. I've worked with many contractors over the years and Gotham is probably the neatest to date. They made sure that the work area was cleaned and swept after each day of work. I've already used Gotham for many other projects outside of the kitchen renovation.

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Renovation and Relocation

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

11/10/2018

Barbara L.

Gotham Builders was a pleasure to work with. They were professional, courteous, and they made sure we knew what they were doing every step of the way. They even cleaned everything when they finished. The best part was they told us it would take 2 1/2 weeks, and that is exactly how long it took. I would highly recommend Gotham Builders,

Description of Work
remodeling kitchen