Magic Exterminating

Founded 1960 • With Angi since January 2006

Magic stands by its mission statement: "We endeavor to exemplify quality, professionalism, and respect for all our customers and team members in all our daily functions. Our objective is to instill value in our services through quality and support by working as a team with a single goal...Customer Satisfaction!"...

A Service Provider's profile image

+2 more images

4.4

pest control (163)animal removal (17)

07/28/2022

Johnny M.

So far so good. . We have not seen rats, ants, carpet need and mosquitoes yet.

Description of Work
rats, ants, mosquitoes and carpet bees

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

06/06/2022

Jessica F.

Very accommodating and fast response. They were able to come the very next day. Professional and responsive. They offered various options too.

Description of Work
cockroach extermination

Work Completed On 04/22/2022

04/11/2022

Susan K.

Magic has been terrific to work with on an outdoor rat problem in rat-infested NYC. From the helpful front-office staff, to Jimmy, Ralph and the team who have extensive experience and remediation tools. They have returned several times to get a stubborn job done. We're on a monthly plan, but at any sighting they are back at no additional charge. Definitely feel I have an ally in solving this problem.

Description of Work
Outdoor rat removal.

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

09/18/2021

Jaime M.

When I first called, the team gave me advice on how to get rid of the mice on my own, which I thought was cool. Prices were also good, which I thought was cool. Then the assigned technician cancelled on the day of the appointment for a family emergency (we understood these things happen, & that’s ok) & rescheduled for several days later. Unfortunately, the technician then cancelled again, AGAIN on the day of the of the appointment, & when I asked if anyone else could come instead he said no & then blamed me for not selecting the day he had originally recommended in the first place. Super unprofessional, incredibly unreliable. Would not recommend

Description of Work
Exterminating

Work Completed On 09/18/2021

Our company has never even spoken to this gentleman. We have never given him an estimate. He never signed a contract. We never scheduled any work to be done. We never canceled any appointments because there were none to cancel. We have no record at all of him or this address ever being in our system. Clearly this review was for a different company or it is another company attempting to get us a bad review. And a technician would never cancel or schedule a service. We have an entire customer service team with a manager that would be canceling or scheduling any and all appointments. We welcome this gentlemen to show us his signed contract or any payments he made to us because he would need to pay at least half of the initial fee in order to even schedule any appointment he might be referring too. If somehow we are wrong about all of this, we will gladly apologize and do the job that he wanted us to do in the first place. Our recommendation is to find the correct company and put this review where it belongs, if it belongs anywhere. Thank you

10/23/2020

Edward K.

Very professional work. Fair and reasonable price and quick service. The supervisor and technician both clearly explained what was happening inside the wall and why and what to expect afterwards. Very efficiently applied dust pesticide and the wasps were dead and gone by the next day.

Description of Work
Had wasps nested inside wall around wall-mounted air conditioner.

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Thank you very much for this amazing review of our company. We strive for this exact experience for every customer. We are always here if the need arises. Thanks again

09/26/2020

Judi E.

Too soon to tell. Ask again in 2 weeks. Impressed they had 2 etymologists to make diagnosis and recommend intervention. Too soon to see if it is effective.

Description of Work
pantry beetle infestation

Work Completed On 09/26/2020

Thank you so much for the review. We are very proud to have numerous entomologists on our staff. And please be sure to simply let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the service at all. We are very quick to respond. Thank you once again for the great review!

09/10/2020

marge K.

I think the employee’s name was something like Jak. Sorry I’m not sure. But I am sure about being grateful for his expertise and kindness. Thank you.

Description of Work
Checking for bed bugs

Work Completed On 09/10/2020

Thank you very much for the kind review. We aim to please and appreciate our customers. We are always here if the need arises. Thanks again

09/02/2020

Tracey I.

Very well, courteous and helpful staff, great

Description of Work
Exterminating bugs

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

Thank you very much. We aim to please. Here if you need us anytime.

08/28/2020

JOHN S.

Professionally handled; thoroughly educated.

Description of Work
BEDBUG EXTERMINATION

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are always here if the need arises again. Have a fantastic day.

08/20/2020

Judith G.

Very quick response. Allando came very promptly, He was friendly and knowledgable. 5 days later, I had a follow-up visit. I got a discount because I hired thru Angie's List, and I'm a senior. I did get a service contract.

Description of Work
Eradicating carpenter ants.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

We are very happy you are satisfied with our service. Thank you very much for the great review.

06/03/2020

Dale M.

Only able to spray chemical to kill any germs. Could not remove nest.

Description of Work
Attempt to remove bird's nest from bathroom vent

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Thank you very much for your review of our company. We are always here if the need arises.

05/28/2020

Dennis T.

The owner is knowledgeable, professional and pleasant to work with. His team made us feel comfortable by explaining the entire process. Everyone was accommodating and very compassionate about our problem. Very reasonably priced compared to other quotes. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Bed Bugs Extermination

Work Completed On 05/14/2020

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! It was a pleasure to work with you as well. We are always here if the need arises. Thanks again

05/23/2020

Patricia K.

All resolved quickly. Arrived on time and very professional! Would recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Bird work

Work Completed On 05/23/2020

Thank you so much for this great review. We always look to be on time, professional and resolve all problems as quick as possible. Very happy you were satisfied with our work and that you would recommend us to anyone that you know. Thanks again!

04/09/2020

Stephanie B.

I got a free on-site estimate the day after I called and the price was lower than other estimates. They did the job the next day. Both visits (estimate and job) were scheduled to accommodate my work schedule and were right on time. The gentlemen who came were professional. Recommend!

Description of Work
Bird/nest removal from exhaust vent

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

Hello Ms [Member Name Removed], We are so happy you were pleased with our company and the employees that you dealt with. We certainly try our best and look to hire people that work up to our standards. Thank you so much for the review and please stay safe in these troubling times. Magic Exterminating

03/31/2020

lloyd L.

Jimmy came and had the bird out and safe in about 10 minutes. Bird was released into the backyard and flew away. I could not be happier with Magic for this service as well as 15 years of servicing my home for any problem at all. They always come when you call and correct the problem in no time. From ants to bee's to cave crickets they have solved all of our problems. And to come today in the middle of Covid-19 pandemic--THANK YOU !!!!!

Description of Work
Bird (Dove) trapped in our Fireplace

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

Glad to hear you were satisfied with our company. Thank you very much for the review. Please stay safe.

10/09/2019

Brian G.

It was great. I thought they were professional and on time.

Description of Work
They did a pest control.

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

10/02/2019

norman N.

Good on time service and took care of all insects .no more problems

Description of Work
Ants

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

12/03/2018

Jonathan K.

Very professional. Provided honest advice. Satisfied with quality of work.

Description of Work
Termite control

Work Completed On 11/27/2018

05/03/2018

Michael F.

Magic got rid of the ants quickly, showed up ontime and the price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
All of a sudden we had ants in our basement

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

04/30/2018

Ronnie B.

Went very well. Neat, clean, professional and timely service guys. Thankfully issue eradicated....

Description of Work
Exterminated my apartment!

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

04/25/2018

Remy G.

MAGIC came to my office to help me with a bug problem. We had another exterminator look at it and was not able to find where the bugs were coming from. MAGIC determined that they were actually coming through our open windows when pigeons would land on our window sills. Brilliant work! They trapped and killed the bugs in no time and even helped us install Pigeon Spikes to ensure the bugs would not return. Really above and beyond service! Highly Recommend!

Description of Work
Extermination

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

04/17/2018

Aamir S.

I had chosen Magic Exterminating for pest control job in my apartment in Brooklyn. We live near two super markets and were concerned with roach problem in our apartment building. Was super impressed with Magic Exterminating with their level of service. They were extremely professional, on time and did an excellent job - they also followed up with me after the appointment to ensure that they had addressed all the questions. Thank you Magic Exterminating.

Description of Work
Pest Control / Exterminating

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

04/17/2018

Marc F.

Very professional to work with and reasonably priced. Responsive as well.

Description of Work
Normal quarterly visits and Termite Control