Folkes Heating Cooling and Burner Service

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2010

Air duct cleaning, heating & A/C....

All Home Property

Call us today for all your plumbing needs!!

JP Plumbing & Heating

Our family owned and operated business has been in the plumbing industry for over 15 years. As a fully licensed and insured company, we pride ourself on our reliable, affordable services. We are also committed to working with our clients’ scheduling needs. Our background in servicing residential, commercial and hospital grade facilities has given us extensive knowledge of the latest plumbing codes and technology. Using the latest technologies, we assist clients in developing energy-efficient systems to solve their plumbing and heating needs. Our innovative approach allows us to reduce our clients’ costs and increase convenience. Our goal is to ensure that all of your plumbing and heating needs are taken care of correctly, the first time.

Mr. Rooter of Poughkeepsie

If your overflowing toilet causing your wallet to drain, contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Poughkeepsie today. Our highly trained plumbers in Poughkeepsie have the tools and technology to not only accurately diagnose the cause and root of the problem but to create lasting solutions. We understand your time is precious, which is why we work quickly and efficiently. Our team is available 24/7 to handle everything from broken pipes to clogged drains.

05/03/2021

Folkes Home Services recently did a complete duct system install of a new 3-ton heat pump, to add whole-house air conditioning to our boiler-heated home. We were very happy with our experience from start to finish. The sales and office support team were responsive and helpful, and the installation technicians were professional, knowledgeable, and (always important!) attentive to detail. We are very pleased to recommend them to anyone considering this major home improvement.

Description of Work
Heat pump system install

12/05/2019

I recently had Folkes in my home to do some work in my home to resolve some heating issues. I was so pleased with their work, that I invited them back to estimate a potentially large plumbing job. So glad that I did! Niheem Harper walked me through each job, carefully explained my options and and made pratical recommendations. He never tried to up sell me. Thank you, Niheem. I was so impressed, that I had him complete one of the pressing jobs on the spot. I highly recommend Folkes to anyone looking for expert plumbing and heating services. I believe I’ve found my forever service provider!

Description of Work
Repair a leak in the kitchen

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

You have been a pleasure to work for and we appreciate you.

12/05/2019

I bought my home a couple years ago as a bit of a fixer upper. One of my biggest challenges has been getting heat to circulate throughout the home. I’ve had two companies try to fix the problem and neither was able to resolve it. Both of them tried something that didn’t work. Finally, my neighbor recommended Folkes. They were amazing!! Greg Murphy was INCREDIBLE! Even though it was a very complex problem, he had it diagnosed and resolved in no time at all. He even made recommendations on how to prevent it from happening again. I appreciated his honesty and integrity. Now on to the cost—it was more than reasonable; only a couple hundred dollars for the whole thing. Folkes is honest, reasonably priced, professional and expert in the services they provide. I highly recommend them. Thank you, Greg Murphy! Thank you, Folkes!

Description of Work
Furnace cleaned and heating issue

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

We appreciate you! We are so happy to have helped restored comfort to your home.

10/27/2018

Danny B. is one of the best we've ever had perform work at our home! He is very conscientious, explains everything clearly, does neat work & cleanup, and was a pleasure to talk with ... Hope we're fortunate to have him again the next time.

Description of Work
Oil Burner maintenance & repair ...

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

We love to hear this! Thank you and we look forward to being your service company.

10/08/2018

We made the decision to install central air this past summer and hired Folkes to do the job for us. They were very knowledgeable while providing the quote and doing the actual install. Generally, we are pleased with the work that was done and the technicians they sent out to do the work. Our job was being done during one of the numerous heat waves this summer and some scheduling issues popped up, but Folkes worked to resolve those and sent guys to our house on a Sunday to continue the install which we were impressed with. They also replaced both thermostats and later came back to clean out our dryer vent which I had initially requested. The only thing that disappointed us somewhat was the lack of cleaning up, both by the techs and the electrical subcontractor. Folkes did a great job cleaning up the first day cleaning and vacuuming as they cut the holes for the vents. However, little to no clean-up was done when work was done in the basement (other than to remove extraneous material). We cleaned up after they left each day and are still finding little screws in our basement over a month later. Folkes subcontracted out the electrical work and the electricians were knowledgable and quick. However, they did not clean up after themselves and we had wires and other miscellaneous bits all over our garage.

Description of Work
Central air installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We were happy to be of service to you. We certainly apologize if the work area was not left tidy. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we promise to try harder next time.

05/15/2018

Appt went great. Gene was our technician and was prompt, courteous and very knowledgeable. Altho an old worn out part needed replacing, Gene explained thoroughly as to why he “Recommended” we replace said part (he didn’t shove it down our throats) making our decision easier to absorb the cost.I would highly recommend Gene at Folkes to anyone needing cooling and heating services or repairs. Thx Gene !

Description of Work
A/C Service

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We can't thank you enough for the kind words. We look forward to being your go-to service company!

05/12/2018

Per usual . . . arrived on time . . . performed all the required evaluation and adjustments . . . cleaned up everything . . . and was on his way. Part of my annual contract for the heating system, water heater, and AC that I have had for many, many years.

Description of Work
Yearly tuneup for central AC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are always happy to provide service to you!

02/18/2018

Everything went smoothly. Prompt and done timely. Explained the new heater and how to adjust temperature if desired. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced gas hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

12/20/2017

Problem wasn't caught on the initial checkup and service, I made a call 2 days later for service and serviceman found the trouble on a second call made.Next visit, which was 3 days after first visit, serviceman found the problem, the circulator pump was bad. New pump installed and everything seems to be performing ok.

Description of Work
Furnace checkup and then circulator pump had to be replaced.ok

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are glad that everything was resolved to your satisfaction.

11/02/2017

very well Greg came to do annual tune-up on our furnace Was on time and professional Answered all my questions

Description of Work
ANNUAL FURNACE TUNE UP

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Air duct cleaning, heating & A/C.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover