Affordable Solutions by Brian

Founded 2005 • With Angi since July 2010

PO Box 486

Fayetteville, NY 13066

One call does it all! Please see our reviews. Super Service Award Winner 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. We take on all projects large or small. From small handyman lists to larger remodels.Affordable Solutions is here to assist you with any residential, commercial, retail or property

06/24/2021

Marion K.

Brian is warm, professional, and we would definitely hire him again for handyman and home repair needs. His work is high quality, and he communicated with us clearly about the progress of the projects. Brian spotted a couple other small areas in our kitchen from an unrelated stalled project (unfinished corners between drywall sections; a sealed-off electrical outlet box), and offered to complete those for us, which was really helpful and generous. He's also great with dogs. :) As a heads up, Brian is in high demand and so there was a long wait-time between signing his quote and when he was able to schedule us in. But, his work is worth the wait. Strongly recommend.

Description of Work
Ceiling and drywall repair from an ice dam leak; sheetrock ceiling installation over an old corkboard-style ceiling

Category drywall, electrician, plastering, interior painters

Thank you so very much. You guys were great to work for and very patient with me. Thanks a lot

05/01/2021

Pamela B.

EXCELLENT!! Brian not only was professional, but started and finished the job faster than I thought it would take and he did it all on his own, without a helper. And it was done perfectly. Anyone who needs a contractor should hire Brian, I know we will again!

Description of Work
Remove and replace upper storage area in garage.

Category handyman service, chimney repair

Thank you so much for the kind words. I look forward to helping you in the future.

01/13/2021

cindy D.

Brian did a great job on remodeling my mothers home. We had her home outfitted so she could live on the main floor. I live out of state and he made the process so easy for us. He had good recommendations for products. Installed main floor laundry, remolded a gutted bathroom, made it handicap accessible, installed new kitchen countertops and doors, updated the fuse box and sooooo much more. He and his team are very clean and neat and were very considerate of my elderly mother. They called her mom and she loved that. I would definitely hire Brian and his team again

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Handymen, Remodeling - General, Plumbing

Category countertops, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Thank you so much for the review. We all appreciate it and look forward to helping you in the future

11/14/2020

Josephine S.

Brian was great. He arrived when he said, did a great job with the work explaining as he went along about any issues that came up, and cleaned up afterwards. I was very happy that he took the old sink and vanity away so that I didn’t have to deal with getting rid of it myself. I’m very pleased with his work and will hire him again.

Description of Work
Removed old bathroom sink/vanity and installed new one

Category awnings, home remodeling

Thank you so much. I know we had to take a little more time than anticipated but I’d rather get it right than have an issue down the road. Thank you again and look forward to helping you out in future.

10/28/2020

Nina T.

The work was excellent! Brian was efficient, competent and pleasant. He did a great job! The only drawback was that it took a long time to get him to come but I think that's because he's working alone.

Description of Work
replacing a bathroom sink and faucet

Category plumbing

thank you so much. I do apologize for the wait. with these times and being short handed its tough getting to all jobs

10/24/2020

Bob S.

They picked up the new door,installed it and took the old door with them.

Description of Work
Install new patio slider

Category awnings, doors

10/23/2020

Pam R.

Brian was very helpful and extremely professional. He even was courteous enough to move a very heavy cement planter that I could not and had not asked him to, he just saw it was in the way and moved it like a gentleman. I would absolutely rehire and recommend him. His assistant keeping track texting with me was very helpful and courteous as well.

Description of Work
Removed some debris and disposed of

Category handyman service

Thank you so much. It was my pleasure and hope to be able to assist you again.

10/23/2020

Jeff B.

Excellent work! I needed a new mailbox and post installed after just purchasing my home. Affordable Solutions by Brian was very accommodating to scheduling. They even offered to come a day earlier once I received the new mailbox. They were polite and professional and did excellent work. I would highly recommend Affordable Solutions by Brian, as I know they’ll be my first call for future projects!

Description of Work
Mailbox and Post Installation

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Thanks again and hope we can help in the future.

10/21/2020

Robert T.

great job, Brian was on time and completed the work and it looks great

Description of Work
Installed baseboard, and trim around door openings...including painting.

Category awnings, remodeling

Thank you so much. We appreciate the kind words. We really look forward to helping you out on any future work.

10/16/2020

Randy V.

Brian did a great job. I had a window leaking inside the house. No amount of self repair was able to fix it. Brian figured out that the real cause wasn't this window, but the window above it. He pulled off the siding and you could see the water stains all the way down to the first floor window where I was seeing the leak. He was able to get it all taken apart and repaired in a day. Very prompt and accommodating. Absolutely would hire again.

Description of Work
Fixed Window Leak / Exterior Repair

Category handyman service, siding, water damage restoration, replacement windows

Thank you so much. We appreciated the opportunity to help you out on your project.

09/24/2020

India J.

Great job well done and they left my house clean.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom

Category awnings, home remodeling

Wow. Thank you for the kind words. I really look forward to our next opportunity to work for the 2 of you. It was actually a real pleasure. Thank you Brian

09/21/2020

Donna C.

Brian and Mike did a great job! They replaced one of the broken steps that go down to my basement. They also secured the existing steps to the stringers and installed an additional support underneath the treads.

Description of Work
Repair basement steps

Category handyman service, woodworking

Thank you so much for the opportunity to help you out. If you are in need or desire to move forward on other projects please don’t hesitate to call.

08/21/2020

Theresa B.

Brian did a great job while dodging angry bees!

Description of Work
N/A

Category electrician, handyman service

Thank you very much. Do sorry it took so long to get in the schedule. Look forward to hearing from you soon

08/21/2020

Mary R.

Brian was professional and thorough. He took his time checking out want needed to be done and listen to my concerns. He was able to completed the job the following week. I am very pleased with the work that he did.

Description of Work
Replaced framework of an exterior door.

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for the kind words. Please feel free to call anytime

07/21/2020

Virginia C.

Brian was very efficient and performed the job in a timely manner. The weather was horribly hot but he plowed right through it.

Description of Work
Gutter removal

Category awnings, gutter repair, handyman service

Thank you very much and it was my pleasure to assist you with your project

07/10/2020

Rosemarie L.

A great decision to use the company. Always returned my calls and emails. If he said he was going to call or email, either himself or someone from the company did. He was on time every morning. His work ethic and the work performed was excellent and he went above and beyond. I would use him again and plan on doing so in the future for other home repairs and projects.

Description of Work
I needed the hallway redone and new doors installed

Category awnings, handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you for the kind words. We all appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with you and we were happy to assist you with your project and the extra one you awarded us.

06/26/2020

Jim C.

It did not go. I tried several times to make telephone contact. It seems that calls to Angie's List contractors initially receive a brief recorded message from Angie's List prior to being connected to the number dialed. Each time I called, the line went dead after the recorded message. I gave up.

Description of Work
Replace 6-8 decking boards

Category deck cleaning

I’m sorry you had problems with the connection with Angie’s list transferring you. However my direct number is on the profile and summer had left you a message by phone that you never replied to on the 12th I believe as you left a message through the app. Once again I feel an F is unjustified and unfair as you really can not blame us for an issue we have no control over or a lack in you responding to our attempt to contact you.

05/22/2020

Lisa R.

Excellent job. Came same day as I agreed to his estimate. Mail carrier very happy and so are we. Personable. Professional. I will definitely call Brian again!

Description of Work
replaced existing mailbox with a new one

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

05/07/2020

Keith F.

The work was done quickly and professionally. Brian clearly explained everything he was doing and asked good questions so he didn’t have to take any unnecessary time or do any unnecessary work. Cost was very reasonable. Will gladly hire again!

Description of Work
Minor electrical work - outlet and dimmer switch not working, needed old hot tub wiring removed.

Category electrician

Thank you member for the review. It was my pleasure to meet and assist you with your project. Thanks again Brian.

04/29/2020

Kathi G.

BRIAN was awesome. Very professional. Took the time to explain everything to me. His work was exceptional. He cleaned up better than most when finished. He was punctual and his price was more than fair.

Description of Work
Plumbing work rerouted

Category awnings, plumbing

Thank you member. It was my pleasure to assist you. Feel free to call us anytime

04/24/2020

Lisa K.

Brain did a great job. He was very responsive, did the project a lot sooner than I expected at a reasonable cost - I couldn’t be happier with the work he did and would/will absolutely hire him again in the future. A+

Description of Work
Installation of screen doors

Category awnings, doors

Thank you member. I appreciate the kind words. I look forward to helping you out In future

04/16/2020

Meg R.

Everything from the quote to the cleanup was 5-star. They were very professional, thorough and detail oriented. Respected my home and property. Took the time to make sure their work was correct. The price was great too!

Description of Work
Interior doors installed

Category awnings, lawn service, doors

Thank you member we appreciate the business and the review. We look forward to helping you in the future.

04/07/2020

Nicole P.

Showed up but never got an estimate . He actually gave me a number and I called them and I did a contact . He left my house saying he would email me an estimate but never received anything

Description of Work
Kitchen counter

Category handyman service

Member, I would not waste time on a Saturday not to give you an estimate! I sent you an estimate, our office contacted you and besides being well for a lack of better words very sarcastic, when saying you did not receive it and if our quote was any different than the last guy not to even bother sending it as Home Depot gave you such a better quote. However I did resend it and you never got back to us. So all in all in was sent twice, supposedly you didn’t get it I guess either time, and our numbers were within 50 $ on each job of the other contractors. I assumed you didn’t want us and I didn’t bother calling you on a third time

03/02/2020

Suzanne M.

Brian, came and did a inspection. He explained everything that could possibly be the problem. Gave me a quote the next morning and scheduled to do work. Brian showed up on time and work all day. Brian explained everything as he worked to fixed the electrical problem. He was very affordable and very professional. I would highly recommend Brian and his team to do any work you may need done.

Description of Work
I needed electrical work done

Category electrician

Well thank you so much. It’s so hard to have people understand that certain things you cannot find [Member Information Removed]/o actually tearing apart everything and doing a process of elimination. I was very fortunate to have you now as a client and look forward to upcoming projects.

02/20/2020

Drew M.

Very good. Quote was supplied quickly and work was done promptly. He went above and beyond expectations. Brian and his team are at the top of my list when it comes to future projects.

Description of Work
eliminated an interior wall moved electrical and light switches

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, remodeling

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind words. We hope and look forward to helping you in future. Thanks again Brian

Reyes Interior Painting

At Reyes Painting. Our mission is simple, to provide high-quality services for our valued clients. Our goal is the satisfaction of the client in each project.

CNY PowerWashing

CNY PowerWashing is committed to excellence in every aspect of our business. We uphold a standard of integrity bound by fairness, honesty, and personal responsibility. Our distinction is the quality of service we bring to our customers. Accurate knowledge of our trade combined with ability is what makes us true professionals. Above all, we are watchful of our customers' interests and make their concerns the basis of our business. We use only top of line equipment and products. Working with just about any surface no job it too big or too small for CNY PowerWashing!

Emerald City Window Cleaning

Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry. At Emerald City Window Cleaning we are focused on providing quality services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction – we will do everything we can to meet your expectations. With a variety of offerings to choose from, we’re sure you’ll be happy working with us. We offer window cleaning, gutter cleaning, gutter brightening, vinyl siding washing, and solar panel cleaning services. We are a firefighter, family, and locally owned, Syracuse based company. You can always trust that you'll get a professional, experienced, and friendly person when you call us.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Electrical. Handyman. Plumbing. Landscaping. Tree Removal. Remodeling. Gas Hookups. Concrete & Pavers. Property Management. Ceiling Tiles. Drywall Installation & Repair. Painting Interior & Exterior. Mold Removal & Remediation. Retail maintenance. Commercial & Restaurant Maintenance. Preventative Maintenance. Additions & Remodels. Decks & Patios. Pressure Washing. Gutters. Bathroom Remodels. Kitchen Remodels. Basement Remodels. Generators. Ceiling Fans. Electrical Service Upgrades. New Services.

ask for details.