HOME POWER SYSTEMS

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2006

1127 Corporate Drive East

Farmington, NY 14425

Home Power Systems is a unique and focused company specializing in the sales, installation and service of Generac / Guardian automatic home standby and commercial generators. Our company philosophy is quality, integrity and trust. These values fuel our business. PLEASE NOTE: We do not monitor this accounts messaging feature. If you wish to reach out to us please do so through our website, thank you....

10/15/2019

terry O.

Excellent, the sales person Rusty was very nice and covered everything very well. The group that did the install also did a very good job, no issues.

Description of Work
Install full home generator.

09/18/2018

Alan E.

The crew showed up at the appointed time. The work was done properly,and after they were finished, you couldn’t tell they were there. They explained and demonstrated they System Operation. It was truly a pleasure dealing with them.

Description of Work
Install a Whole House Generator

04/11/2017

Krista M.

It's always good.

Description of Work
Generator and maintenance

02/18/2016

Ken R.

Description of Work
HPS repaired and performed maintenance work on my whole-house emergency generator. Office staff was very helpful, tech was professional and knowledgeable, called to let me know his arrival time. Excellent experience.

02/18/2016

Charles P.

Description of Work
They installed a whole house 16kw Generac generator. The crew arrived at the appointed time of 8 am. Introductions were made and the day's schedule was explained. The three man crew then got to work, each doing their part. By three thirty, the gas line had been run, the control box installed, the wiring had been done and the generator was in place on it's newly installed base. After the generator was tested, the crew chief went over the components and operation of the unit. I was also given a notebook which contained the pertinent information. The crew did an excellent job and we would heartily recommend HPS to anyone. |

04/29/2015

Carlos O.

03/11/2015

David L.

Description of Work
This company was recommended to us by our furnace/heating system repair people. |The technician came when scheduled to service our outdoor backup generator. Technician was there for the better part of two hours, doing some long overdue maintenance. (The generator had failed during the last power outage). He had to shovel a path to the generator because of the deep snow but seemed perfectly happy doing that. When finished, he completely explained the adjustments and service that was done and also explained why the generator had cut out on us during the power outage. It was apparently due to an over-voltage, or high setting, on the voltage regulator. We were very happy with both the service and the technician doing it.

03/04/2015

David P.

01/14/2015

DANIEL H.

Description of Work
Installed whole house generator. Went very well. There was a problem with the motor - they came a fixed it immediately - no cost. They also came and did the first annual inspection - included in price

Category appliance repair, electrician, generator service

10/27/2014

Howard M.

Description of Work
Installed a standby generator.

06/19/2014

Mary Ellen M.

They were very good. It clicks on within a minute if the power goes out. The workers were great. We ended up buying them pizza for lunch because they were so good.

Description of Work
We used Home Power Systems to put in a whole house generator system.

02/20/2014

Linda G.

It now works perfectly thanks to HPS. The one we dealt with is in Syracuse.

Description of Work
Our Generac generator had been installed by someone else and had been installed improperly.

11/01/2013

rose marie V.

It didn't cost me anything and I was really pleased with their work.

Description of Work
They did a maintenance check.

Category appliance repair

10/25/2013

jackie B.

Home Power Systems just completed the installation of a whole house backup generator for us and we are both very impressed and pleased. They did a great job for us and I recommend them without reservation. We previously had a gasoline powered backup generator that was only sufficient for a few circuits (furnace, refrigerator, water pump, etc.). While that was nice to have, it wasn't very convenient. It had to be started and connected manually, and of course we most often lose power in the middle of some nasty weather. I can tell you from experience that hooking up and starting a gasoline powered generator in the dark during a sleet storm isn't particularly fun (although I certainly liked having it once I got it going). The other issue is having enough fresh gasoline. Even with stabilizer, it's not a great idea to have gasoline sitting in a fuel tank or gasoline can for months at a time. So I kept the tank on the generator empty and a couple of 5 gallon cans in a storage shed. That meant that every couple of months, when I was being conscientious, I had to pour the 5 gallon cans into my car and refill them. We have natural gas so I decided to look into getting a natural gas powered generator. I did quite a bit of research, beginning with talking to one of my brothers who does facilities management in New Jersey. He has two gasoline powered generators at home and manages buildings that have backup generators as well. He told me that he liked the Generac brand. He also reinforced the prudence of going with natural gas if you can. He and his family and his clients were without power for over a week after Super Storm Sandy. The gas stations were without power as well so he had to make long trips into Pennsylvania with as many gas cans he could find to keep the generators going. I then did a lot of searching on the web, called the local gas company and visited the big-box stores. Generac is a well-respected brand so I decided to focus on them. As with many things, the Internet has made it easy to check out prices on the generator itself. That's very competitive between sources. The question is who's going to do the installation. Home Power Systems came up when I looked for approved Generac installers. Their website look good and the reviews on Angie's list were positive. I decided to give them a call. I had a great conversation with Jim on the phone. Everything he told me was consistent with the research I had already done. He was very friendly, very knowledgeable, very helpful and not at all pushy or and quot;salesyand quot;. in our initial conversation, I told him that they had a reputation for doing good work but being a little bit pricey. He gave a very satisfactory response, stating that installing generators was their only business and they focused on quality work and exceeding expectations. He realized that they probably wouldn't have the lowest bid but he could guarantee that they would do a great job. He then went on to detail their way of doing things and the specialized equipment they use. The next step was to arrange for a site visit for an estimate. We set a date for week out and Phill arrived as scheduled. He was very personable and very professional. We walked around the exterior of our home and he noted where the utilities came in, where the gas meter was and suggested where the generator might be placed. He also checked out our electric service to estimate what our power needs might be. After the inspection we sat down and talked about the possibilities. He had a very complete presentation on his iPad. He had pictures of the generators themselves, how they went about the installation, installation options, pictures of final results and more. He explained our options and the price of each in a thorough and clear manner. We decided to go ahead and we were able to develop a very detailed, explicit contract on the spot, again using the iPad. Phill then took pictures of all the appropriate parts of the home so the installation team would know what the site was like before they arrived. On the scheduled day, Tom, Lou and Tim showed up precisely on time. They were all friendly and easy to work with. We reviewed the planned installation and I confirmed where we wanted the generator to go and they got to work. It took from 8 AM to approximately 3:30. The finished job was great. Tom went over the generator with us, then showed us exactly what they had done. The gas line and electrical work and transfer switch hook up were all very neat and workmanlike. He tested the installation by switching off the power from the street. As promised, the generator switched on automatically within 10 seconds. He asked use to go through the house and basically turn everything on while he checked power draw. Everything in the house work normally and we were well within the capabilities of the generator. When the crew left, the only way you knew they were there was the fact that the generator was installed. There was no dust, no dirt, no disruption of the yard around the installation site. I should also mention that Home Poweer Systems took care of getting a permit, getting the post installation electrical inspection done on the day of installation and contacting the gas company. Obviously, it was very convenient not to have to worry about those details. In summary, this was a very positive experience. I can't imagine it going any more smoothly. If their price is a little higher than some other contractors I suspect this is a case of getting what you pay for. Given the quality of their work, I feel we got an excellent value.

Description of Work
install a whole house generator

08/28/2013

Jack B.

They are pricey. However, they seem to do the job. So I hired them to come back for the next three years to do it every year. They are not so pricey that I don't want to do it. It was a little pricier than I thought the job demanded. But I want the job done right.

Description of Work
Home Power Systems serviced my generator.

03/24/2013

rose marie V.

I am happy to have had them over and will see them again for yearly maintainence. Everything went well.

Description of Work
I needed a generator for medical purposes. They came at 7:30 am and worked non- stop till the end of the day. They removed a lot of snow to get to get to the area where the generator was to be installed. An electrian showed up to do his end and and gas pipes had to be also installed. They also scheduled for inspection representives. Everything went well. My basement freezer had to be moved but when the freezer was put back, I noticed later that the wood 4 by 4 under the freezer were not put back correctly and the freezer moved when the freezer door was opened or closed. I called the company up and they sent someone with a day or two to fix the problem. They offered a 12 month interest free payment plan. The bank they work with was easy to work with.

02/27/2013

Susan H.

It is expensive but we need to always have power so it is worth every penny. The system has been fine; I have no complaints about it. They came out, gave us a quote, set a date and did everything they said they were going to do. It worked beautifully.

Description of Work
I used Home Power Systems to install a whole house generator. They also came out recently to fix the remote monitor that allows me to monitor the generator.

08/24/2012

Charles K.

Everything was excellent. They arrived at 7:30AM and worked all day and had the job completed by late afternoon. A complete stress test was performed after the installation was complete and they trained us completely on the component detains, use and operation of the system.

Description of Work
HPS removed my existing whole house generator that never worked properly from the first year it was installed by another supplier in the area and then installed a completely new system that works flawlessly. I can't say enough about the excellent installation as well as the professionalism of each HPS person that was involved including the company owner who made sure all was correct and that we were completely happy. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who plans on installing or replacing a home generator system.

03/13/2012

James M.

They were very quick in finding the problem, they knew what they were doing and did it well. They solved the problem well.

Description of Work
Home Power Systems repaired a home generator that wouldn't start.

Category appliance repair, generator service

12/07/2010

SHARON G.

We are very pleased with them. We had gotten very good recommendations when we chose them initially as a vendor. We had several companies give us estimates and make presentations. We thought they not only had the best price but they were the most professional. They were prompt, thorough and cleaned up after themselves. They made suggestions and have come when they are supposed to for the servicing. We have been pleased. We would certainly recommend them. Their quality is excellent.

Description of Work
We have a service agreement with Home Power Systems to service our generator that they installed in 2008.

05/16/2008

SHARON G.

Home Power Systems' president gave us an estimate, with thorough explanations. After we chose them as our vendor, he returned to review the job and have us sign a contract and the installation was done a week later. Jim, the president, was at our door, with the generator and the crew, at 7:30 am to start the job. It was done by mid-afternoon. They even chose to paint the black iron pipes white to match the house. We were very impressed with all our dealings with them. They were prompt, professional, knowledgeable, courteous and neat! The Town's inspector was here this morning and he too was impressed with their work

Description of Work
They installed an automatic 10 kw standby generator, sufficient to run almost the entire house. ( We chose not to power the central air or electric range.)

Ron Bonaccorso Electric

We answer our phones and do our own work! Knowledgeable electrician looking to handle your electrical dilemma! Residential and light commercial. 40+ years of experience. No job is too small! We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

ELLENWOOD ELECTRIC

I am a licensed City of Rochester Master Electrician. Ellenwood Electric is a small 2-man operation, with offices in my home. I have been in business for over 25 years. Our specialty is residential troubleshooting, repairs, service upgrades and addition of new plugs, lighting and etc. "We Do It Without Shorts"

A & A Electric

A & A Electric is a full service company and is fully licensed and insured. We provide service to any residential, commercial, and industrial electrical needs. We have full time employees on standby for 24 hour emergency service. A & A has up to date equipment including excavation tools and bucket trucks in order to complete all types of jobs

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, PayPal

Complete installation of Generac and Kohler home standby generators and service of most generator options.

Misc electrical work like plugs, ceiling fans or lighting.