Brockman Tree & Lawn Care LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2012

727 Whitney Rd W

Fairport, NY 14450

Locally and Family owned and operated by the Brockman family with over 70 years of hands on experience. We do not use sub-contractors for any of our landscaping, fertilization, or lawn & yard work projects. We also offer a warranty for any seeding job and guarantee visible results with our lawn care programs. We offer online bill pay and account management. All customers get a call ahead for lawn care service so you know when we are coming....

4.4

lawn care (128)lawn treatment (64)snow removal (27)lawn & landscaping (19)leaf removal (14)mulch delivering (12)tree service (10)excavating (5)

03/17/2022

Kevin W.

Worst experience I’ve ever had with a lawn service. I paid Brockman $1600 in 2021 to repair my lawn only to find my yard looking worse than ever. I reached out to Mr. Brockman FOUR times to voice my dissatisfaction with the service his company provided and he NEVER RESPONDED once to my phone calls, emails, or letters. I have never worked with a company who had such little concern for their customers. To this day I am still amazed that he never responded back to my concerns. Worst experience ever.

Description of Work
Lawn service

Category lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

03/08/2022

Caryn S.

I wanted to take a few moments to thank Brockman Tree and Lawn Care for their exceptional service. Everyone from the office staff to the technicians have been very helpful and polite. When I have called with questions, they are quick to respond. Most impressive is when my lawn is one of the few that isn't colored in yellow with dandelions. I would highly recommend Brockman for any and all services. My lawn always looks life a golf course and the best part I didn't have to break a sweat maintaining it. Thanks again!!

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and weed control

Category lawn treatment

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

11/04/2021

Adam G.

Do not use Brockman unless you want them to destroy your lawn when performing services you did not actually schedule. Scummy practices, and no regard at all for the health of your lawn. I first contacted Brockman to have my lawn aerated in the fall of 2020, as I was doing a bit of a renovation and I wanted to aerate before I dethatched, top dressed, and over seeded. I was on the schedule for that fall. Fast forward to early September, no aeration performed yet and I had not heard from them at all. I reached out to them as I wanted to get seed down and have enough time for it to grow enough before the frost, and the response was something along the lines of "we'll get to it when we get to it, we stop when the weather no longer allows us to perform". This was worrisome, but it was too late to contact any other company. More time passed, we were into the middle of September, and temperatures were dropping. I reached out again and received the same response back. I was starting to get really worried that I would not even be able to over seed at this point. Finally, on September 23, the aeration was performed. I was able to over seed, but the result was not as successful as if I was able to start a couple weeks earlier. In any case, I was not completely happy with the service and I had no intention of using Brockman again. Fast forward to fall of 2021, I skipped aeration and over seeded in early September. Grass was growing and the lawn was filling up nicely. On October 22, Brockman showed up and aerated my lawn...I did not schedule this. Besides October 22 being way too late to perform something like this, it ruined most of my new grass that came in. On top of that, it had rained the day before, and the ground was extremely soft and wet -- so the heavy machinery being driven on my lawn absolutely destroyed a lot of it, leaving a ton of bare patches now that I will have to fill in. I immediately reached out to them, asked why this was even performed in the first place, and was told that aeration was an auto-renewing service -- but I was never made aware of that when I scheduled it in 2020. I was also told that their boss was out of town, and that I would receive a call first thing Monday morning to "make things right"...never heard back. So unless that sounds like a good time to you, do not use Brockman.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Review for Brockman Tree & Lawn Care LLC - 727 Whitney Rd W, Fairport, NY - 39532932

05/28/2021

Ronald P.

Their listing says they work in Henrietta, but they just refused my zip code.

Description of Work
lawn mowing

Category excavators,lawn service

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

05/18/2021

tom S.

contractor never showed up to do work, never responded to texts or emails

Description of Work
aerate and overseed lawn

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 05/01/2021

10/16/2020

Frank C.

GREAT - Timely communication prior to and following services provided. Office staff and service providers courteous, listen well, and respond in a supportive, respectful manner. We had guests coming to our home the day service scheduled and service was provided in a timely manner so as to not interfere with our time with our guests.

Description of Work
Lawn treatment - fertilization and aeration

Category lawn treatment

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We strive every day to provide this for all of our customers. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to working together for a long time.

10/15/2020

Ken L.

AFTER LOOKING AT THE REVIEWS ON ANGIES LIST--I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE TO SINGLE OUT THIS COMPANIES OUTRAGEOUS PRICING. ALMOST DOUBLE WHAT I HAVE FROM OTHERS AND THE ESTIMATE TOOK ITS TIME GETTING TO ME. CHARGING A SERVICE FEE TO TAKE THE LEAVES I'M PAYING YOU TO CLEANUP. OTHER COMPANIES TAKE THE LEAVES WITH THEM ONCE THE JOB IS FINISHED. MUST BE ALOT OF GAS USED FROM FAIRPORT TO GREECE TO ADD THIS CHARGE TO THE CLEANUP!!! WILL "NOT" USE THEM

Description of Work
WAS LOOKING FOR LEAF CLEANUP FOR MY FRONT AND BACK YARD WITH ALL DEBRIS TAKEN AWAY

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Yes, for this service it does cost more for us to do it in Greece because it does take use more time on the clock to do it. We were up front about our costs and you are more than welcomed to take it or leave it. I'm a bit surprised that you would feel the need to rate our reputable company the way you did because you thought our costs were to high. I would recommend you using a company nearby for a service like this to save some money. As for charging you money to take away the leaves, there is a very good reason for that. 1....not all customers require us to take them away. Some put them somewhere on the property and some have us leave them at the curb for the town to take them away. So we always price the actual clean up for that option and to take them away is itemized separately. Everyone charges you for it, but not everyone separates it out for you. We do that to limit confusion, give our customers an option and make sure the expectations are the same. Unfortunately, the disposal of leaves off of your property isn't free for us to dispose of them. We end up paying by the pound to have them hauled away above and beyond our cost for the time to load them up and transport.

10/10/2020

Linds B.

At least Brockman finally called,saying he was on vacation is he the only one doing the work.Or was saying he was in vacation how do you run a service like that. Not dependable at all

Description of Work
Nothing was ever done

Category excavators,leaf removal

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

I'm very sorry for the delay, what happened was that one of our office staff people who handles all of our Angie's List inquiries was on vacation for 2 weeks and it was an oversite in our end to not have that covered. We have others working (full time office staff of 3+ people). Typically the turn around time is less than a week, but with the time of year and call volume being up we have been a bit delayed. I'm sorry that we had this glitch in our work flow and we have improved this issue so we wont have this issue in the future.

09/20/2020

Jim R.

I was told someone would be out to look at it in 3-5 business days then send me a report. That was about two weeks ago. As far as I know, no one has been here, though it's possible we didn't see them. In any case, we have received no follow-up info, either by phone or email. "F" rating is for lack of response so far. That could change if I hear from them, though it's now almost too late to seed this fall. I would give the same rating to another company I contacted online, from whom I haven't heard anything, but I would have to go back to look at notes to get the name of that company.

Description of Work
(possible) weed killing, followed by re-seeding.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 09/20/2020

I know there was a delay and we have been extremely busy trying to get to everyone in a timely manor. I apologize that we didn't get to you until 9/23. Typically we have a quicker turnaround but this year it has been very busy at times and we can only get to so many estimates a day. We wish we could've gotten to you sooner and made things work. We wish you the best and hope we can have another chance to help you in the future.

09/18/2020

Tanya P.

It has been several years and our lawn and soil is healthy.

Description of Work
Yearly Lawn Maintenance Fertilization Program

Category excavators,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your experience with our company. We are grateful for your business. Please let us know if you ever have any concerns.

Lawn Care & Landscaping – Mowing, Fertilization, Renovations & Seeding, Maintenance, Aeration & Overseeding, Mulch Installation, Lawn Rolling, & Spring & Fall Cleanups. Tree Service – Injection & Arborjet. Residential Snow Plowing.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available