Brockman Tree & Lawn Care LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2012

727 Whitney Rd W

Fairport, NY 14450

Locally and Family owned and operated by the Brockman family with over 70 years of hands on experience. We do not use sub-contractors for any of our landscaping, fertilization, or lawn & yard work projects. We also offer a warranty for any seeding job and guarantee visible results with our lawn care programs. We offer online bill pay and account management. All customers get a call ahead for lawn care service so you know when we are coming....

4.4

lawn care (128)lawn treatment (64)snow removal (27)lawn & landscaping (19)leaf removal (14)mulch delivering (12)tree service (10)excavating (5)

03/17/2022

Kevin W.

Worst experience I’ve ever had with a lawn service. I paid Brockman $1600 in 2021 to repair my lawn only to find my yard looking worse than ever. I reached out to Mr. Brockman FOUR times to voice my dissatisfaction with the service his company provided and he NEVER RESPONDED once to my phone calls, emails, or letters. I have never worked with a company who had such little concern for their customers. To this day I am still amazed that he never responded back to my concerns. Worst experience ever.

Description of Work
Lawn service

Category lawn service,lawn treatment,mulch

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

03/08/2022

Caryn S.

I wanted to take a few moments to thank Brockman Tree and Lawn Care for their exceptional service. Everyone from the office staff to the technicians have been very helpful and polite. When I have called with questions, they are quick to respond. Most impressive is when my lawn is one of the few that isn't colored in yellow with dandelions. I would highly recommend Brockman for any and all services. My lawn always looks life a golf course and the best part I didn't have to break a sweat maintaining it. Thanks again!!

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization and weed control

Work Completed On 11/10/2021

11/04/2021

Adam G.

Do not use Brockman unless you want them to destroy your lawn when performing services you did not actually schedule. Scummy practices, and no regard at all for the health of your lawn. I first contacted Brockman to have my lawn aerated in the fall of 2020, as I was doing a bit of a renovation and I wanted to aerate before I dethatched, top dressed, and over seeded. I was on the schedule for that fall. Fast forward to early September, no aeration performed yet and I had not heard from them at all. I reached out to them as I wanted to get seed down and have enough time for it to grow enough before the frost, and the response was something along the lines of "we'll get to it when we get to it, we stop when the weather no longer allows us to perform". This was worrisome, but it was too late to contact any other company. More time passed, we were into the middle of September, and temperatures were dropping. I reached out again and received the same response back. I was starting to get really worried that I would not even be able to over seed at this point. Finally, on September 23, the aeration was performed. I was able to over seed, but the result was not as successful as if I was able to start a couple weeks earlier. In any case, I was not completely happy with the service and I had no intention of using Brockman again. Fast forward to fall of 2021, I skipped aeration and over seeded in early September. Grass was growing and the lawn was filling up nicely. On October 22, Brockman showed up and aerated my lawn...I did not schedule this. Besides October 22 being way too late to perform something like this, it ruined most of my new grass that came in. On top of that, it had rained the day before, and the ground was extremely soft and wet -- so the heavy machinery being driven on my lawn absolutely destroyed a lot of it, leaving a ton of bare patches now that I will have to fill in. I immediately reached out to them, asked why this was even performed in the first place, and was told that aeration was an auto-renewing service -- but I was never made aware of that when I scheduled it in 2020. I was also told that their boss was out of town, and that I would receive a call first thing Monday morning to "make things right"...never heard back. So unless that sounds like a good time to you, do not use Brockman.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Review for Brockman Tree & Lawn Care LLC - 727 Whitney Rd W, Fairport, NY - 39532932

05/28/2021

Ronald P.

Their listing says they work in Henrietta, but they just refused my zip code.

Description of Work
lawn mowing

Category excavators,lawn service

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

05/18/2021

tom S.

contractor never showed up to do work, never responded to texts or emails

Description of Work
aerate and overseed lawn

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 05/01/2021

10/16/2020

Frank C.

GREAT - Timely communication prior to and following services provided. Office staff and service providers courteous, listen well, and respond in a supportive, respectful manner. We had guests coming to our home the day service scheduled and service was provided in a timely manner so as to not interfere with our time with our guests.

Description of Work
Lawn treatment - fertilization and aeration

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you so much for the great feedback. We strive every day to provide this for all of our customers. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to working together for a long time.

10/15/2020

Ken L.

AFTER LOOKING AT THE REVIEWS ON ANGIES LIST--I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE TO SINGLE OUT THIS COMPANIES OUTRAGEOUS PRICING. ALMOST DOUBLE WHAT I HAVE FROM OTHERS AND THE ESTIMATE TOOK ITS TIME GETTING TO ME. CHARGING A SERVICE FEE TO TAKE THE LEAVES I'M PAYING YOU TO CLEANUP. OTHER COMPANIES TAKE THE LEAVES WITH THEM ONCE THE JOB IS FINISHED. MUST BE ALOT OF GAS USED FROM FAIRPORT TO GREECE TO ADD THIS CHARGE TO THE CLEANUP!!! WILL "NOT" USE THEM

Description of Work
WAS LOOKING FOR LEAF CLEANUP FOR MY FRONT AND BACK YARD WITH ALL DEBRIS TAKEN AWAY

Category leaf removal

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Yes, for this service it does cost more for us to do it in Greece because it does take use more time on the clock to do it. We were up front about our costs and you are more than welcomed to take it or leave it. I'm a bit surprised that you would feel the need to rate our reputable company the way you did because you thought our costs were to high. I would recommend you using a company nearby for a service like this to save some money. As for charging you money to take away the leaves, there is a very good reason for that. 1....not all customers require us to take them away. Some put them somewhere on the property and some have us leave them at the curb for the town to take them away. So we always price the actual clean up for that option and to take them away is itemized separately. Everyone charges you for it, but not everyone separates it out for you. We do that to limit confusion, give our customers an option and make sure the expectations are the same. Unfortunately, the disposal of leaves off of your property isn't free for us to dispose of them. We end up paying by the pound to have them hauled away above and beyond our cost for the time to load them up and transport.

10/10/2020

Linds B.

At least Brockman finally called,saying he was on vacation is he the only one doing the work.Or was saying he was in vacation how do you run a service like that. Not dependable at all

Description of Work
Nothing was ever done

Category excavators,leaf removal

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

I'm very sorry for the delay, what happened was that one of our office staff people who handles all of our Angie's List inquiries was on vacation for 2 weeks and it was an oversite in our end to not have that covered. We have others working (full time office staff of 3+ people). Typically the turn around time is less than a week, but with the time of year and call volume being up we have been a bit delayed. I'm sorry that we had this glitch in our work flow and we have improved this issue so we wont have this issue in the future.

09/20/2020

Jim R.

I was told someone would be out to look at it in 3-5 business days then send me a report. That was about two weeks ago. As far as I know, no one has been here, though it's possible we didn't see them. In any case, we have received no follow-up info, either by phone or email. "F" rating is for lack of response so far. That could change if I hear from them, though it's now almost too late to seed this fall. I would give the same rating to another company I contacted online, from whom I haven't heard anything, but I would have to go back to look at notes to get the name of that company.

Description of Work
(possible) weed killing, followed by re-seeding.

Work Completed On 09/20/2020

I know there was a delay and we have been extremely busy trying to get to everyone in a timely manor. I apologize that we didn't get to you until 9/23. Typically we have a quicker turnaround but this year it has been very busy at times and we can only get to so many estimates a day. We wish we could've gotten to you sooner and made things work. We wish you the best and hope we can have another chance to help you in the future.

09/18/2020

Tanya P.

It has been several years and our lawn and soil is healthy.

Description of Work
Yearly Lawn Maintenance Fertilization Program

Category excavators,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for sharing your experience with our company. We are grateful for your business. Please let us know if you ever have any concerns.

08/29/2020

Ellen H.

I signed a contract to have work done with a plan to design beds along my house. They only completed half of the contracted work and have not returned my calls requesting they finish what remains.

Description of Work
Tree and brush removal

Category tree service

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. As I try to look into this to see what happened I show that the work was not marked as complete on our end until 9/4. I'm sorry for any confusion, but I'm hoping that this issue has been rectified/completed. If for some reason it hasn't, please let me know. Our goal is to always complete every job with full satisfaction that meets/exceeds the customers expectations. Please email me at waynejr@brockmantlc.com if you have any further concerns.

08/05/2020

Philip B.

The landscape company did not do this not could they recommend anyone.

Description of Work
Artificial turf

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

I'm sorry but this is a first. We have never received a poor review just because we didn't offer a service you wanted. Unfortunately we can't do everything. Maybe it will be something we do in the future. In the mean time, I'd recommend searching for a company that specializes in Artificial Turf.....our current work is trying to make lawn grow and stay healthy.

05/08/2020

Tamara P.

The first treatment has been performed. There are more scheduled throughout the summer.

Description of Work
Lawn care (non mowing)

Category landscaping,lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate hearing from our great customers!

03/05/2020

Jim V.

I normally shovel the snow from my driveway. It's good exercise. However, due to a surgery, I needed to find somebody who was willing to plow my driveway for a short period of time. I contacted Brockman and they indicated that they would be willing to do it. I found them to be very professional. They sent me a contract via email that clearly described their service. Signing up was quick. If I had a question, one of the owners would get back to me with the answer. Overall, I'm very pleased with the service they've provided. I would certainly use them again.

Description of Work
Snow Plowing

Category snow removal

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

That's so great to hear [Member Name Removed]. I'm glad to hear that you found our service to meet your needs and enjoyed your experience. Let us know what else we could do for you!

12/11/2019

Peter R P.

Did not hire proposal was for total yard cleanup and too high

Description of Work
Just wanted leaves removed at street level.

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

I'm sorry we couldn't meet your budgetary requirements for this work. Unfortunately cleanups are pretty labor intensive and in turn can get a little pricey depending on the property. We hope you were able to find someone to fit your needs.

11/27/2019

Tom C.

Had to call back because didn’t respond to earlier phone call . Price was over priced to the point of gouging! Found another service 50% less

Description of Work
Snow plowing

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

I can assure you that we don't price gouge! Yes, we are not a low cost provider when compared to some snow plowing services. We quoted you $500. That was our minimum price last year and it still is for all new customers. I can't help that other companies are willing to work for little to no profit. I can share with you a few things about our company as to why we charge what we do. 1. We are a 100% legit business, not a guy who owns a truck so we decided to go buy a plow and make a little extra "cash" to support my hobbies. 2. We pay taxes(income and sales), full insurance (auto, liability and workers comp) to include plowing 3. We pay all of our employees legally and on the books 4. We have a full time staff all winter during regular business hours that you can reach and actually talk to someone 5. Textable phone line 6. Email updates through snow events 7. Newer trucks and plows, backups manageable route sizes 8. All of our plowing staff are Brockman employees where this is the #1 priority 9. On call 24/7 for 5 months, no matter the weather, day, time or holiday....we are there and ready. We totally understand the need to stay within a budget and how our pricing may seem high to some or in specific areas because there are some people that can or are willing to do it cheaper, but that doesn't mean we are doing something wrong. Since we have chosen to do our business a certain way, we have to charge a certain price in order to make it worth doing. If you found someone to do your driveway for $250 and they slid through your garage or hit your car and it cost thousands of dollars (I have seen people do this many times), would that company cover all cost associated with this damage? For your sake, I really hope so.

10/23/2019

maura K.

I do not live in the area . I secured their services for my sister after a fall an she was unable to do her own lawn. They were very prompt in their response and provided the services in a timely manner. My sister was happy with the lawn services provided. They were punctual and reasonably priced. They also were prompt in their response when the service was cancelled.

Description of Work
lawn services

Category landscaping,lawn service

Work Completed On 10/23/2019

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience. We are glad we were able to help you and your sister out during a time of need. We will be here if either of you ever need us again!

09/27/2019

Linda R.

An estimate was provided promptly, and the work was completed within a couple of weeks. They were very thorough, cleaning more areas than I anticipated. My only suggestion would be to make sure that items that were moved were put back into place as there was some disorder as if the job had been completed in a hurry. (It wasn't, though, our neighbors told us that the crew spent a great deal of time on the property.) Since we were out of town, we placed a lot of trust in them and our trust was rewarded.

Description of Work
We hired Brockman to complete a spring yard clean up.

Category lawn service,leaf removal

Work Completed On 04/29/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. We are so glad you trusted us with this job and hope we can continue to work together in the future. I also appreciate your suggestion and will be talking with our crews to make sure we do that.

09/26/2019

Katrina C.

I found Brockman on Google and was not disappointed. I had a TON of leaves in my yard and I don't think they left a single one. They also rolled my backyard. My yard looked amazing afterwards and the price was extremely reasonable. They showed up on time and I was able to pay easily on their website. I will definitely be hiring Brockman again in the future.

Description of Work
Leaf cleanup

Category lawn service,leaf removal

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

That is great to hear. Thank you so much for sharing and giving us a shot. We appreciate your business and look forward to help you in the future.

09/24/2019

Russ L.

I am very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration

Category lawn service,lawn treatment

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

Thank you for your business and taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the trust you put in us! Let us know if you ever need anything else.

08/11/2019

Richmond Y.

It went well, both jobs were completed professionally and satisfactorily...I couldn't have asked for more, but it WAS pricey, I thought.

Description of Work
Large-area cleanup of excess grass clippings and clearing of brush on a separate area.

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you for the business and kind words. We are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. Let us know if you need any help if the future.

07/06/2019

JOHN S.

I don’t like writing reviews like this, but Brockmann in my opinion has really gone downhill lately. We worked with them at a previous home and were very satisfied. The lawn looked great and we were thinking we had found a partner for the duration. Last year we moved to a new house not far from the old one and it’s like working with a new company. Rude, non-responsive people in the office, equipment that seems to be in poor repair or run with minimal training. I know it’s a new lawn, but they put down weed-killer that has no effect. Overseeding that doesn’t work. Aeration that has no effect, and a routine service plan that provides no improvement. When I call to talk, I get a “we’ll call back (but rarely do) and if they do it’s with excuses that center on “we’re not responsible”. I particularly recall being advised to have the lawn aerated and overseeded in the fall so that in the Spring we’d have great results. When we didn’t, they claimed what we should have done was have a power-raking service performed with the overseeding. Wouldn’t you think it might be something that they would have mentioned before they performed the service? I would. A lot of new neighbors ask who I would recommend for a service, and I can’t recommend Brockman anymore. Time to find a new one.

Description of Work
Helping with a new lawn and have their year long service plan.