5th Ave Appliance

Founded 1967 • With Angi since January 2006

435 White Plains Rd

EASTCHESTER, NY 10709

Free friendly phone advice. Same day service. Cost is determined by the job. Diagnostic fee is charged. 25 factory trained technicians. In business over 40 years. Additional phone - (212) 571-7024....

03/24/2018

Seana W.

Fixed the water line, ordered another part. Advised the repair of the dishwasher would be pricey and offered alternatives.

Description of Work
Repaired water line of fridge and inspected malfunctioning dishwasher

01/09/2018

Lee D.

Fine, just very expensive. Cost is the only complaint

Description of Work
Fan and cooling elements in Sub-Zero fridge

05/15/2017

Liz L.

We were able to work out amicably with Christina who was super understanding and responsive. Although the repair didn't go as planned, I would use them again because I've had several very successful repairs using this firm.

Description of Work
Update to my original review on 4/13

04/24/2017

DAVID S.

Tech diagnosed bad control board with $600 estimate for part and labor. The same part had been replaced 2 years prior by another company for half that price. By trial and error, I found it was a $12 spin control sensor (ordered from eBay) that was bad and replaced it myself.

Description of Work
clothes washer would agitate, but not spin.

09/10/2016

Greg R.

On time and friendly but expensive. Charged over $800 to install a $250 part (I checked what the part actually costs online). The technician spend less than a half hour installing this. Nice profit margin and good work of you can get it. I got ripped off.

Description of Work
Sub Zero repair

Category appliance repair

I'm very sorry to read this review. I looked into what we had done on your Sub Zero refrigerator, and I see we did complete maintenance as well. The tech cleaned and blew out the clogged drain line, and cleaned the condenser coils, as well as installed a new main computer board that your refrigerator needed. I'm not aware of any websites selling factory authorized Sub Zero parts, we get ours straight from factory. We don't trust buying computer boards from unknown sources for our customers, especially with high end appliances. Yes, we could save our customers money if we did, but in the end the part would have no warranty and most likely would not last, if it worked at all. We rather not take any chances.

06/23/2016

David M.

As it was the motor, the tech advised me to contact LG to fix directly. To make a long story short, they were unable to do the repair but honest enough to tell me that up front. Not only are they honest but they spent time on the phone with me trying to sort things out.

Description of Work
Diagnosed a problem with my LG washer/dryer combo unit.

05/05/2016

Robert G.

All seemed to go okay.? Came on time for the assessment.? There was a bit of a delay in having the repair done due to difficulty obtaining the appropriate parts.? The person on the phone and the repairman were professional.? No issues since the job was done.? I thought the price was a bit high, but it seems that appliance repairs are not cheap in general.

Description of Work
Stovetop kept sparking despite all knobs being set to 'off.'? Came one day for the?service call to diagnose the problem (charging $95, which I thought was a lot), then returned 10 days later (there was a delay in getting the right parts) to install new switches and a spark module. This was for a Viking stove.

05/04/2016

Robert G.

All seemed to go okay. Came on time for the assessment. There was a bit of a delay in having the repair done due to difficulty obtaining the appropriate parts. The person on the phone and the repairman were professional. No issues since the job was done. I thought the price was a bit high, but it seems that appliance repairs are not cheap in general.

Description of Work
Stovetop kept sparking despite all knobs being set to 'off.' Came one day for the service call to diagnose the problem (charging $95, which I thought was a lot), then returned 10 days later (there was a delay in getting the right parts) to install new switches and a spark module. This was for a Viking stove.

03/25/2016

Saad S.

My washing machine was not draining so I called an expert. My guess was that the water pump may be blocked, but I decided to get it checked out by an expert. Unfortunately, the expert was no expert. He did not want to check the machine at all. He kept making a fuss about the water stinking. If the water was draining, why would I call him. He gave me an estimate of $230 for changing the pump, without trying to see if there was anything else blocking the drainage. He just wanted to rush into replacing the part and earning that amount instead of discussing with us what else might be wrong. Since I had agreed to the $75 visit fees, I just handed it and asked him to leave as I could see he would keep coming up with things to fix that weren't broken in what is an old machine.

Description of Work
diagnose the water not draining

Category appliance repair

I'm sorry to hear that this was a bad experience for you. We were unaware, until now after reading this review, that this happened. We frown upon technicians complaining about water smelling or anything else while in a customers home. They are there to repair the appliance, and deliver great customer service, and that's it. We will handle this bad experience you had with this particular technician on our end. Please except our apologies. I know its been a few months, but did you ever have your washer repaired?

01/11/2016

Jennie K.

Terrific experience. My washing machine made a horrible clanging noise yesterday during the spin cycle. I spent most of the night figuring out who to call via Angie's list and trying to diagnose the problem online. Thank you everyone on Angie's list. I was especially freaking out because the machine is old but there are no machines on the market that will fit through the doorway of the pantry where the stacked W/D are located. I reached 5th Ave Appliance today (Monday) at around 9;30 AM. They said someone could come today between 1 and 4. (This was very much unlike the place I had used in the past who wanted me to wait until Thursday for a diagnosis.) It sounded like the timing was closer to 1 than 4 so I stayed home. The service man came around noon, calling first, as we had arranged. When he started the diagnosis, he shook his head. The machine is from 2004; the drum was wobbling. I explained that getting a new machine involved a major renovation and there is no such thing as an "emergency renovation". He figured out the problem and it was actually solvable! The "brick" that weights the machine during spin had fallen down. The machine is in a small space. The service man climbed over the two stacked machines, got his son to help him, and fixed it. This guy is terrific. Smart, professional, and determined. And the Company itself is great for giving me a same day appointment.

Description of Work
He fixed my washing machine.

01/01/2016

Maureen C.

This is the first time we used them. We had an easy time getting an appointment that fit our schedule. Phillip came, on time, to fix our DACOR stove. He was courteous and knowledgeable. He took the time to explain the workings of the appliance, what was going wrong and how he was going to fix it. It works fine now and we would be delighted to use them again if needed.

Description of Work
Fixed Dacor Oven

01/27/2015

CHRISTINE S.

I have used this comp[any for many years. Arranging for a service visit is efficient. They allow you to request a particular technician which is very smart service - as I can get someone I trust. Technicians are experienced and professional. They call beforehand and come within the time slot. They have fixed my stove, my dishwasher, my fridge and my washing machine - all by different manufacturers. I am sometimes in two minds about repair/replace? but although the repair price seems steep - I like to keep the older, sturdier and more reliable appliances - and because of the repairs have continued to use them them over many years. Though the cost is always a bit of a shock - probably because I can't know the prices of replacement parts - I think they do their best to keep costs reasonable - and still do a reliable job.

Description of Work
Fixed a washing machine - put in a new motor.

12/18/2014

DENISE C.

The tech was very professional and left the area clean. He installed the part and made sure to test the oven before he left. I was really pleased and would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
My oven was lighting but not warming up. 5th Ave Appliance was able to give me an appointment fairly quickly (I would have had to wait over a week for Sears). The technician came on time, replaced the part without issue and left the area clean. I was pleased, although I don't know if another company would have been less expensive.

10/27/2014

David K.

Work was completed to satisfaction, though 2 weeks after promised date. Communications was only fair.

Description of Work
Replaced control board and compressor in refrigerator; also replaced door springs in dishwasher.

08/29/2014

John N.

We had a miscommunication. 5th Ave followed up the day after the scheduled service and we ironed out the situation. They were professional.

Description of Work
No work performed.

06/13/2014

Kathleen G.

Great, there were two technicians. One for the fan the other for the wine frig.

Description of Work
They needed to replace a board in our wine cooler and replace the switch on our kitchen hood.

04/01/2014

carmine M.

provider would not agree to apply their initial visit cost of $115.00 towards the work performed. supervisor was rude, basically telling me that I should not tell them how to run their business,

Description of Work
n/a

Category appliance repair

This seems unfair to receive a bad review because we wouldnt agree to bend our company's policy. We had never even been to his home to look at the appliance. I dont recall anyone being rude, just firm, after he was insistent we break company policy for him. We explained to him that the diagnostic charge doesnt get deducted from repair, and that if he found a company that does, most likey they add it in the bill some place else, and that we were upfront and honest.

03/31/2014

JUAN M.

They provided very good work and their tech CJ did a great job and was very professional.

Description of Work
Repaired burners and oven for a Thermador Range.

03/19/2014

Virgie B.

He made great suggestions. It was a very positive experience. He repaired it, and it is now working well. He said it has a lot of life left in it. He was very honest, very straightforward, and did the job in no time. He even noticed it was off balance and he took it upon himself to go ahead and correct that as well, at no additional cost.

Description of Work
He did very good work. The stuffing that comes out of comforters got caught in the washing machine, and was causing it not to drain.

03/11/2014

Jonalie K.

They scheduled me for a three hour block of time and then didn't show. Didn't call, didn't email, just didn't show. They called me at noon the next day saying "we don't know what happened, why the service guy didn't get the call." They then asked to reschedule for a two hour block of time the next day. After waiting around for three hours and not even getting a call, I had no confidence that they would show for the next appointment that was going to require me rearranging my schedule. So I said no to the reschedule. I would never recommend such an unreliable service provider.

Description of Work
This provider was to fix my viking range. They are contracted with Viking Appliances.

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

The customer is absolutely correct. There was a problem with the technicians fax machine, and he didnt receive the 2nd page of work for his schedule. We didnt know about this error until Mrs. [removed member name] called us and told us nobody showed. We tried to schedule her again, but she declined. We are very sorry about this, and expressed our apologies to her. Unfortunately, we didnt get a 2nd chance to show her that we are a reputable company, and that an honest mistake had been made.

12/09/2013

Rachelle B.

I called this service provider and spoke to someone about my washer which is currently leaking oil into our clothing and is very loud. I explained that another provider (not found here) had told us the drum needed to be replaced, had quoted us a price but then stopped returning our phone calls. When I spoke to someone here the first time, they were helpful and courteous but said that replacing a drum would be 1. expensive ($895 +labor) and 2. potentially not possible as they didn't know if they would be able to find the part. When I called back a week later, the 800 number no longer worked and when I reached a woman on the other number, she told me there was no way possible I had spoken to someone there (despite writing myself a note in my favorites here on this site after speaking to someone) and that they never would have given me any info because there was no way they ever would have considered fixing it. Not only was she not helpful, she basically called me a liar, repeating over and over again that the information I provided her could in no way be possible since "she checked with the other individuals there and there are only 3 of them." She was rude and I especially do not appreciate the insinuation that I am a liar when I took notes during the first call. Incredibly frustrating experience. Would not use in the future for another potential repair.

Description of Work
Spoke to provider over the phone for a washing machine that needs to be fixed and was provided a quote on repairs.

Category appliance repair

This is very unfair. Our 1-800 number is always working. I dont know what other number she called, we only have 1 # listed here. Perhaps she called another company the 2nd time? Maybe she called the company she originally called who stopped returning her phone calls? I feel like this bad review should be removed because we are always courteous, and there is no way of actually knowing who she called.

12/01/2013

Josee R.

My dishwasher needed repair. The repairman came the next day I called and then the second time with a new piece. There was no surprise. I had already figured out the problem with the handyman in my building. The whole experience was great: the price was as stated, the repairman was on time and professional and the dealings on the phone were pleasant. |I will use this outfit again and I have already recommended its services to friends. It is so rare to find honest and reliable service in NYC.

Description of Work
I used 5TH AVE APPLIANCE

12/01/2013

STEPHEN F.

When I called and explained my problem, he was here within an hour. He had the part I needed with him to save me having to wait for him to bring me a part for my freezer. He called the next day to make sure the part was working, since the part he replaced was recently replaced by another serviceman who obviously installed a faulty unit, and who wouldn't make good on it.

Category small appliance repair

11/24/2013

Deborah S.

Repaired dishwasher. Simple repair. Did not try to make it a bigger job which I appreciated

10/21/2013

Paul A.

The service person came twice, initially he supplied the wrong part. After chasing his office, I was informed that the part was no longer available.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing. He eventually told me that the part was unavailable,100

Category appliance repair

We have no record of having been to a customer of this name and address. We looked up his phone # on the internet, and called him. We asked him for a reciept, he had none. I think this man made an honest mistake and doesnt remember the company he used. He wrote this review over 4 months after his completion date and has no receipt.

Mr Chimney

Mr Chimney is the chimney and fireplace expert! We are a family owned business serving Westchester County, Putnam County, Bronx, NYC, Brooklyn and Fairfield County, CT. since 1969! Our services include chimney sweeping, chimney inspections, fireplace cleaning, gas and oil furnace flue cleanings, boiler flue cleanings, hot water heater flue cleanings, gas grill sales, gas grill repairs, gas fireplace repairs, gas log set sales and gas log set repairs, wood stove and gas stove cleanings, chimney repairs, chimney restorations, fireplace restorations, gas fireplace sales and installations, wood stove sales and installations, gas and wood fireplace insert sales and installations, brickwork, waterproofing, gas log set sales, chimney rebuilding, chimney flashing repair, chimney crown repair, chimney rain cap installation, chimney exhaust fan installation, cleaning pizza ovens for restaurants, lining and relining chimney flues, metal chimney installations, solving smoke problems and solving draft issues. We are licensed & insured and service both residential and commercial clients. We take pride in being well known in NY State as a safe, reliable and honest company! We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Supreme Home Services

Marks Appliance

We specialize in Lg refrigerator seal system appliance services, maintenance, repairs for all major brands and models! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check