Atlas Fence

Founded 1979 • With Angi since December 2009

6852 Manlius Center Rd.

East Syracuse, NY 13057

atlasfence.com

We're not just fences- We also have lawn furniture and even basketball hoops. Residential Products- No matter what style or material, Atlas Fence will install only the finest fence at your house. Commercial Products - When security and property are on the line, no one protects better than Atlas Fence. You can depend on Atlas installers to be there on schedule, as promised, thanks to our on-staff dispatcher. Plus, you always get peace of mind with a written guarantee and warranty. In addition, although it's not required by New York State laws, Atlas carries $5,000,000 in personal and product liability insurance for your complete protection. For over 25 years, we've been beautifully surrounding Upstate New York. To see how, stop by our spacious indoor/outdoor showrooms or call us today. You can even shop at home with the convenience of our mobile display vans loaded with full-size samples and photographs....

4.3

fence company (47)driveway gate installation (4)playground equipment installation (2)basketball hoop installation (2)

10/19/2021

STEPH B.

I HAD ATLAS FENCE OF EAST SYRACUSE INSTALL A BEAUTIFUL WOOD FENCE IN 2015, THE WORK, PRODUCT AND OVERALL SERVICE FROM START TO FINISH WAS EXCELLENT. AFTER MANY YEARS OF HEAVY USE OF MY GORGEOUS DOUBLE GATE THE RIGHT SIDE GATE POSTS NEEDED REPLACEMENT. THIS POST WAS LOCATED IN AN AREA WHERE RAIN AND SNOW MELT WAS DIRECTED DUE TO A GRADE IN THE LANDSCAPE AND HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH PRODUCT'S INTEGRTY. THE GRADE HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO DIVERT EXCESS MOISTURE TO AVOID ANY FUTURE ISSUES. THE WORKERS PAT AND KELLER HAVE REMOVED THE DAMAGED POST, REPLACING WITH A NEW POST, RE-INSTALLED THE GATE LEAF INSURING BOTH GATE LEAFS WERE IN PROPER ALIGHMENT FOR A SNUG CLOSURE SO THE GATE COULD OPEN EASILY AND CLOSE TO LOCK UP SECURELY. I CALLED ATLAS FOR HELP, AND JUST LIKE MY FIRST PROJECT I FELT THANKFUL THAT I HAD INITIALLY CHOSE A COMPANY BACKED WITH MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND HIGH PRAISE. I ADD MY PRAISE AS WELL AS MANY THANKS THAT THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN ABLE TO MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST QUALITY OF PRODUCT AND WORKFORCE FOR THESE MANY YEARS! IT MUST BE GOOD MANAGEMENT TO CONSISTANTLY KEEP A GOOD LABOR FORCE AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Description of Work
FENCE REPAIRS

Category basketball goals, fencing

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

09/13/2020

dan S.

Said they would get me an estimate in 2 days. 5 days later I called to follow up, they informed me they have a "material shortage" and won't be able to get me an estimate. ***** Sporting goods got me an estimate immediately and will be installing it for us.

Description of Work
Basketball hoop install

Category basketball goals

Work Completed On 09/12/2020

01/11/2019

Donna C.

Everyone with whom I interacted at Atlas was knowledgeable, professional, and friendly, and our stunning new fence truly enhances the appearance of our home. So happy with our decision to work with Atlas.

Description of Work
Atlas removed a 36' private wooden fence that had been installed previously on our property by a different company and replaced it with a semi-private vinyl fence.

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

04/21/2018

Jay M.

great - good company to wok with. Weather was horrible, but the crew worked thru it

Description of Work
new cedar fence

Work Completed On 04/21/2018

04/14/2018

William S.

Atlas Fence constructed, on site, a new wooden single gate (to replace the badly decayed gate), ensuring that the style of the gate was fully compatible with the style of the existing fence. Atlas Fence also repaired the non-aligned gate by shaving ½ inch off the gate edge. Atlas Fence cleaned up and removed all debris. Overall, Atlas Fence performed this project in a workmanship fashion---a professional job all around!

Description of Work
The wooden fence surrounding my back yard has two wooden single gates. One of the gates had experienced significant decay, particularly around the latch. The second gate couldn’t be properly opened or closed because it was badly non-aligned.

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

06/24/2017

James R.

The guys from Atlas did a great job. The new fence looks wonderful! And they really went out of their way, as well as above and beyond the call of duty, by setting up a temporary fence that allowed us to continue to let the dogs out in the yard.

Description of Work
Replacement of an existing fence.

Work Completed On 06/24/2017

04/10/2017

Alan T.

We don't have a complete fence. Just the back boundary. Our house went in and our street wasn't complete. The back of us was all wild. Then as we were living here, they decided to put houses in. The boundary we were told for our land ended wasn't. Like a post. As it had needed, the post needed to be replaced. We have done it our self. We were very satisfied. It served its purpose. It explained where the boundary was. We were putting bushes on land that wasn't ours. It was something that was needed, and we have moved our bushes. Some of the original posts are still out there. Its serving its purpose for the boundary line. No one would no, its a line right in the middle of the fence that no one knew was there. A bend in the middle of the fence. They did everything very smoothly. We were glad to have that. Everything went very smoothly.

Description of Work
We used them to put in the back fence.

Work Completed On 04/10/2005

06/09/2016

charles R.

I did not end up using them for the job because they were pretty high priced. They were friendly when they came, gave me an estimate and smiled. I said the estimate was kind of high and to let me see what I could do and that's it. There was nothing bad about them. They were very pricey. They were there, no problem.

Work Completed On 06/06/2016

03/02/2016

Elizabeth C.

From the very start of the process, our estimator was prompt, courteous, and respectful. Despite a slightly higher price, we determined that their reputation for quality would justify choosing Atlas. Installation took place within a reasonable time frame (plus a few days due to inclement weather) Installers were diligent, tidy, and willing to accommodate a few additional requests. Satisfied with the work and look forward to completing the other side of my property next year.

Description of Work
Replaced old wood fence with new vinyl privacy fence

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

02/29/2016

melissa M.

To begin with, my initial inquiry to the company through their website yielded no response. However, when I contacted the company via telephone I was immediately connected to someone who promptly scheduled a consultation appointment for me. The representative that came to complete our assessment and provide us the quote for the fence was VERY nice! He took the time to walk the property and discuss in detail what both my husband and I wanted with our new fence. He then sat down and provided us a quote. My husband and I were surprised to find that Atlas came in only a few hundred dollars more than the other companies we had received quotes from; so after discussing the pros/cons we chose to go with Atlas Fence for our new fence due to their excellent reviews. But our happiness with the quote was very quickly dashed when my husband called to inform them that we would be accepting their quote/bid for the work and was told that the labor costs were not calculated correctly and that our quote was incorrect. So a job that was only a few hundred dollars more than every other quote jumped to almost $1,000 more. I think Atlas needs to work on ensuring that the individuals they are sending to provide quotes to possible customers are aware of the ACTUAL costs of labor and materials so that quotes can be accurate. As a potential customer, this left my husband and I with a bad taste in our mouths which left us unable to move forward with retaining Atlas for the job we received a quote on. I personally feel that Atlas should have offered to honor the quote that we received since the error was on their part and not ours. I doubt that we will ever look into using Atlas in the future should we need any other fence work done due to this error either.

Description of Work
Provider a quote for the removal and installation of a fence.

Work Completed On 02/29/2016

07/07/2015

Laura B.

Overall, I was satisfied with the work performed. Two areas of concern include: (1) I wanted to make a change to my order (I had originally wanted to purchase extra fencing materials and later decided not to do so) and emailed the salesman to process my request. I did not receive a response to my email and the extra materials were delivered and (2) the quality of the lumber used. My contract indicated that the fencing would be be 1"X6". I understand a one inch board is usually more like 5/8" but the lumber used measured only a half inch. I called the company and was told that this is standard lumber used by all contractors. I had a fence installed by another company previously and the lumber used was much more solid. I'm sure it will be fine in the long run, but I was disappointed.

Description of Work
Installed a 6ft fence along one side of the property.

Work Completed On 07/02/2015

06/12/2015

George U.

I found them on Angies List and felt that the reviews were a good reason to call them. My wife visited their show room and got idea for the type of fencing to consider. She made an appointment to have the jobber come out and give us a quote. They arrived on time and were very helpful with ideas. They gave us a quote and we accepted. They were honest and said they were booked around 5 to 6 weeks out. We received a call around the time we expected and they gave us a start date. They arrived on time and began work. It took around 5 to 6 working days as our job was one of their larger projects The workers were methodical and very good at cleaning up after each work day. The work they did was really outstanding. The gates work perfectly, the fence is aligned and even and looks beautiful. Their product is quality and we are very pleased we went for an upgrade. They took a deposit when we began the work and sent us a bill for the rest around a week after completion. We highly recommend you have Atlas quote (and do) your job. You will appreciate their workmanship and expertise. Thank you Atlas Fence!!! We love our new fence and so does our dog.

Description of Work
Replace an existing pool fence and expanded our area so our dog could have more room to run.

Work Completed On 06/01/2015

06/10/2015

William L.

They were very professional and they completed the job in the timeline promised. They came back (6) months later after snowfall had damaged the fence. They did not charge for the visit even though the work was outside the warranty. I feel I hired the right company.

Description of Work
They put in a new fence.

Work Completed On 10/15/2014

10/06/2014

James S.

Because the area we wanted to fence was so large it was too expensive to proceed. The materials, estimate, contractor, and so on were all first rate, we just didn't want to invest what it would take to fence 3/4 of an acre with the fence we liked. Would use them if we wanted to spend that amount though.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for a fence based on a neighbor's fence being installed.

Work Completed On 09/15/2014

07/10/2014

Nola R.

I would highly recommend Atlas fence for two reasons: quality and customer service.

Description of Work
Installed white PVC fence and black chain link fence.

Work Completed On 06/28/2014

06/10/2014

Doreen G.

Atlas had to remove an old wood fence first, and then came back to begin drilling all the post holes. Once the posts were put in place (3 feet deep, guaranteed) and in cement, they waited for this to harden for 3 full days and then came back to begin the rest of the fencing. Between getting the fencing in, and installing 3 self-closing gates, that took a total of 2 more days. The installation was very professional. We had one gate not closing properly, so they returned within 3 days of the complaint to correct that. I could not recommend this company more.

Description of Work
Installed a vinyl fence that encompassed an in ground pool and a good portion of our property.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

05/15/2014

Cheryl B.

First, I want to say that the two guys who came here to replace the fence were professional, friendly, and prompt. Joe is the best foreman/supervisor I have seen in a long time (Note to Atlas: Joe deserves a raise! :)) Chris was the second guy who worked on the fence. He was very friendly and professional as well. They came on a Monday, torn down the old fence, talked with us about setting up the new fence, pulled out the old posts (which by the way, were put in incorrectly by the last dumb installer). The guys pulled all the old cement out and set up the new slats, put in 3 gates and clean everything up. Joe made some suggestions and I trusted his judgment and it turned out beautiful. The entire project was completed by Wednesday, even with it raining. Hey, even if Atlas gives you a price that might be higher than another competitor, honestly, you get what you pay for and Atlas does it right the first time, has great installers, and doesn't come at you demanding the final payment as soon as they're done. I would hire them again in a second.

Description of Work
Replaced the old fence in the backyard.

Work Completed On 05/14/2014

12/29/2013

Earl M.

I just had an estimate done. Did not use because of high cost compared to others.

Work Completed On 05/23/2013

05/10/2013

Chet M.

From start to finish, we were very satisfied with Atlas and the job they completed for us. The installers were prompt, neat, and polite throughout their time at our home. The finished product looked wonderful.

Description of Work
After discussing the area to be fenced with Atlas 'sales professional Matt Woiler, we decided to sign a contract to have fencing installed where a neighbor's fallen fence once existed. Matt was very specific about the job to be accomplished and sketched out a diagram and took some measurements. He was very professional, answered all of our concerns and provided us with a contract to sign. We paid a deposit with the rest to be paid upon completion. Matt stressed to us the quality of Atlas's material and the long-time reputation of Atlas. My husband and I were impressed enough to switch to Alas as oposed to the previous company we contracted previously.

Work Completed On 06/01/2012

03/26/2013

allison R.

We had Atlas come out to give us a quote for black vinyl chain link fencing around our back yard. They came out very soon after our request and a very knowledgable employee with sales and installation experience was able to answer all of my questions and provide excellent information about what they would do, how they would do it, and the best products for our purpose. I was struck by how patient and attentive the salesperson was. There is no better way to say it than to say they blew the competition out of the water, in terms of professionalism, price and knowledge. I had three other local fencing companies come out to give me estimates and some couldn't even answer my questions about materials or installation practices--and their prices were the same or higher. There was a longer wait time for the Atlas installation, but I was willing to wait for the superior quality and service. They installed the fencing around the perimeter of our property, after staking out carefully with our survey. With a very wooded backyard, slopes and dips and two gates, the fence installation was outstanding. It fades into the landscape and we have not had any problems. Their follow up to ask about our satisfaction was excellent, as well. Atlas' customer service is beyond compare.

Description of Work
After an extremely informative free estimate visit, we hired Atlas to install black vinyl chain link fence around the perimeter of our entire wooded backyard (roughly 1/2 acre). They also installed gates on both sides of the house and connected our fence to a neighbor's existing fence. Their estimate visit was lengthy and thorough, their installation team was stellar and came out to carefully stake out our fence line according to our survey (even taking into consideration concerns of neighbors and property line confusion). The installation took place on time and the installers were careful not to damage the yard and were very skilled and polite. The job was completed on schedule and we could not be happier.

Work Completed On 07/16/2012

03/23/2013

Phil O.

Matt Woiler kept us informed thoughout the entire process, even giving us his cellphone number, and worked well with Greenscapes to coordinate fence placement with hardscape work. The installers were efficient, courteous and professional. We couldn't be happier with our fence and recommend Atlas fence without reservation.

Description of Work
Atlas fence installed a maintenance-free metal fence around our pool after removing the old wooden fence.

Work Completed On 11/28/2012

01/27/2013

beth M.

Atlas Fence was the second company from which I obtained an estimate to both dismantle and remove the old wood fence surrounding my backyard and then to install a new fence. Unlike the first company to come to my home to measure and provide an estimate, the salesman from Atlas Fence arrived on time, was professional, informative and sympathetic to my concerns. Also unlike their competitor, it was reassuring that the salesman never took the opportunity to criticize their competitors but instead took the time to explain the differences and in what ways their product was superior. The Atlas salesman brought examples of the different styles of posts and wood paneling that they offer and explained the benefits of both. He also suggested that I stop by the show room so that I could take a look at some of the full sized panels in order to gain a better visual. Once I decided to move forward with Atlas, the paperwork and contract was simple and did not take an extraordinary amount of time. Although I was looking to have the new fence installed during their peak business time of year, it took Atlas about two weeks longer to begin on the project than originally estimated. I would have preferred receiving the contact information for the project manager upon signing of the contract in order to be able to better communicate regarding the start date rather than continuing to try to coordinate through the salesman. In order to save a bit of money I did choose to knock down and remove the old fence rather than using Atlas. Once I was contacted by the project manager to set up a time to complete the final measurements and stake out the property, just like the salesman, he arrived on time, was professional and very informative. Shortly after, three Atlas Fence workers arrived with the necessary machinery to drill the holes for all of the posts. After allowing the cement enough time to set, the team came back and within days was able to build a beautiful six foot tall craftsman style fence with a single panel gate. When I arrived home after their final day of work, there were only three issues that I needed to coordinate with Atlas on in order to have the project finished up: (1) the top portion of the gate rubbed against the adjacent post so that it needed to be forced to open or close, (2) there was about a one foot gap between the edge of the new fence and my neighbor's fence with which it should have been flush, (3) the final invoice received did not account for any adjustments based on how the final project differed from the original estimate. Upon calling the project manager, he reassured me that he would send his team within the week to fix the rubbing gate and to address the gap. He also coordinated with the individual within Atlas responsible for billing who contacted me immediately regarding an adjustment that they could offer to my final bill. After about a week of the remaining two issues not being addressed, I called Atlas. The Project Manager almost immediately called me back and told me that it was a misunderstanding given that the paperwork was misplaced and he was under the assumption the issues were addressed. He had his team come back within days and fixed both of the remaining issues perfectly. Although the project took longer to start than I had hoped and I believe that the communication could have been a bit stronger, I could not be happier with the final product and the kindness and professionalism of the Atlas Fence staff. Without hesitation, I would definitely both use them again and refer anyone interested in either residential or commercial work to Atlas Fence.

Description of Work
Atlas Fence provided an estimate and then constructed and installed a six foot craftsman style fence made of western red cedar with one single panel gate. Atlas showed up with the required machinery and tools needed to drill the holes in which to set the posts in cement. The workmen then came back within days to construct the fence by cutting and placing each board one by one. The purpose of the fence was to enclose the backyard of my property.

Work Completed On 08/17/2012