Carl Bongiorno & Sons, Inc

Founded 1978 • With Angi since March 2006

Landscape Design and all phases of Masonry work

2022 Super Service Award

lawn & landscaping (96)hardscaping (71)masonry (59)Patios (46)concrete repair (30)excavating (15)stone & gravel (14)lawn care (14)decks & porches (12)mulch delivering (11)outdoor kitchens (8)lawn treatment (7)

07/30/2022

Diana H.

If you're seeking a professional landscaping company that treats you like family, this is the company for you. Carl was extremely professional and listened closely as we discussed what we liked and what we wanted. He respected our budget and helped us create a design that we could easily manage but one that we also loved. From the initial intake meeting, to the professional design templates, to the installation day, Carl and his crew were amazing. I'd highly recommend this company and will certainly be hiring them again! Thanks Carl for the exceptional service.

Description of Work
Plantings

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 07/27/2022

05/25/2022

Carisa and John W.

Carl’s team was professional and kind. Everyday Carl or one of his sons were on site and clearly explained everything that would be done and the time estimate. The work they did is absolutely beautiful but it’s all the ways that they went above and beyond that I’m still talking about. They cleaned my pool not once, but twice, as they did work around it. Each day when they left, they went out of their way to secure all materials and a makeshift fence to keep my dog safe. The work is absolutely beautiful and we are very happy.

Description of Work
Pool Patio, Firepit, Bench and Sod

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

Review for Carl Bongiorno & Sons, Inc - 5 Kasper Court, East Setauket, NY - 39749436

03/24/2022

Donna G.

Perfect!! I've used Carl multiple times and I've always been very happy with his designs and his work. I would highly recommend him to everyone!

Description of Work
Plantings & Sod, a stone wall, installed a new mailbox.

Category landscaping, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/22/2022

12/16/2021

Scott F.

I cannot say enough great things about Carl and crew. Carl is extremely responsive to all requests and truly committed to making sure we had a great experience. His crew does amazing work and gets it done on time. The crew showed up every day early and didn’t mess around. They got it done on schedule which is very rare when working on projects like this. The quality of work is top notch and really proud to show everyone the work he did.

Description of Work
Pool Patio and retaining wall

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/22/2021

12/11/2021

CJ M.

Excellent, family-owned company. They make sure customers are satisfied. Their crew is hardworking and courteous.

Description of Work
Pool patio and retaining wall

Category landscaping, masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

12/03/2021

Laura B.

Great job! Showed up everyday and worked hard until the job was completed. Very professional, great work, attention to detail. Can't say enough good things about them!

Description of Work
Landscaping and Masonry

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

10/12/2021

Lou A.

Carl and his team were amazing! The end product exceeded our expectations! Carl always communicated in a timely fashion and him and his teams were always completely reliable. Carl's brother Garrett was also fantastic to work with! Everyone was always friendly, respectful and gave great advice on how things should be done. I would not hesitate for a second to use them again!

Description of Work
Patio, Walkway, Fireplace and Plantings

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, fireplaces, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

09/27/2021

Suzanne M.

Carl did a beautiful job on our patio. Quality of his work is top notch. He came over to look at the patio area and gave us an estimate all within 24 hours. Also, came over a second time to make adjustments. That re-quote was same day. He was a pleasure to work with. I wish all contractors were like this. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bongiorno & Sons.

Description of Work
Paver Patio

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/02/2021

06/18/2021

DAvid S.

Excellent work. The project was done in the estimated timeframe and looks great. The workers were considerate of the cleanliness each day at the end of the work. Carl Jr and Senior over saw the work and made sure we were satisfied before they left the site.

Description of Work
Cultured Stone the front of house

Category masonry

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

06/15/2021

Dawn S.

Carl Bongiorno & Sons is one of the most professional companies we have ever hired. They were creative , reliable, neat, tidy and artistic. We had 2 retaining walls built and they are beautiful! Overall a complete pleasure to work with!

Description of Work
Retaining Walls

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 06/15/2021

05/19/2021

Lou F.

Couldn’t have went better. Beautiful job done by a great crew at a very competitive price. An absolute pleasure dealing with the owner (Carl) and his two sons. Second time contracting with Carl, and the results were just as great as the first time (18 years ago)!

Description of Work
Front Walkway, Rear Walkway, Driveway Apron

Work Completed On 05/22/2021

04/22/2021

Mr/Mrs C.

Perfect! Crew was punctual,hard working and meticulous in their craftsmanship. A family business that does exactly what is promised and takes well deserved pride in their company. Would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Bluestone Walls

Category masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

04/19/2021

Richard H.

Carl, Garrett and their crew were outstanding from start to finish. I sought four estimates and based my decision not just on price but on how well the contractors educated me regarding the project. Carl was the only contractor to point out my current problems with pitch and drainage, which I had not known, but had caused pooling of water and damage to my current walkway. Not only did he correct the problem but he recommended pavers that I had not before considered, which have completely changed the look and beauty of my walkways. I am delighted with the result. Their masons are talented and first class. Garrett was always on the job and he and his crew were diligent and friendly and checked with me every step of the way. They maintained a clean work site and kept everything out of the way at the end of each workday. I could not be happier and highly recommend Carl Bongiorno & Sons.

Description of Work
Front Stoop and Paver Walkways

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

04/08/2021

Jason G.

Our experience with Carl Bongiorno & Sons went great! Either Carl or one of his sons were always onsite and the work was done perfectly. We couldn't be happier with our job and the quality of work performed. We will definitely have them back for additional work and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for stone or landscape work done at their home.

Description of Work
Bluestone Pool Patio & Landscape Work

Category masonry, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

03/24/2021

Eric G.

We love the work that Carl and his sons did at our house. From beginning to end, they communicated clearly, provided guidance as needed, and worked hard to give us exactly what we wanted. We are thrilled with the final product and have already passed along their contact information to three friends who are looking to have work done at their own places. We would hire them again without thinking twice.

Description of Work
Backyard Design and Build

Work Completed On 03/17/2021

01/23/2021

Sean C.

The job went great. Great crew of guys, quick work, and quality masonry. My walkway came out beautiful and I would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Recement and repave walkway

Category concrete repair, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/22/2021

01/15/2021

Ed K.

My wife and I are both very pleased with the work that Carl Bongiorno & Sons, Inc did to make our pool patio look amazing. They responded quickly when we had questions and took the time to explain all the details of the scheduled work. Carl Bongiorno & Sons take great pride in the quality of their work. Overall, I would recommend them to anyone that asks about our patio.

Description of Work
Pool patio

Category concrete repair, masonry, mulch, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Review for Carl Bongiorno & Sons, Inc - 5 Kasper Court, East Setauket, NY - 39137469

01/09/2021

gerard S.

Excellent Carl his brother and the crew did an outstanding job, they answered all questions and it came out better that I thought it would

Description of Work
Excavating old slate brick patio and installing pavers

Category concrete repair, excavators, masonry, hardscaping

Work Completed On 01/09/2021

12/04/2020

Ken H.

I’m pleased as a retired veteran to recommend Bongiorno and Sons. The scope of the work was to rip out existing shrubs and install a 1,000 sq.ft patio. The job was estimated fairly, and the work was completed in 6 days. The workers were on the job every day at @ 8:30 AM and worked a full day without interruption, attention to detail, precision, and quality of workmanship were standard. The supervisor also assisted the crew with the job. Follow up and customer service were refreshing and frequent. I have hired “contractors “ in the past, but these guys are what contracting should be, no excuses, no BS, no leaving you hanging, they even scheduled a follow up after the job was complete To ask us about the work. I could go on and on ... if you want a fair job, the way it should be done by a qualified and “REAL” contractor Carl and crew are the ones u need to hire... you will be pleased beyond expectation.

Description of Work
Patio install, rip out existing shrubs, and install patio

Category concrete repair, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 11/20/2020

10/24/2020

Diane T.

EXCELLENT! Carl Jr., Garrett, Carl Sr., and the entire team were responsive, prompt, neat, and performed excellent and beautiful work. They seeded the area around the new walk and fixed a sprinkler line. My questions were answered in a timely and clear manner; everything was carefully planned and executed. I would use this company again and give them my HIGHEST RATING!!

Description of Work
New walkway and front steps redone

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

10/14/2020

Alfred E.

Absolutely beautiful they were on time and Carl constantly checked on progress of job. When job was done they cleaned up like they were never there.Was a pleasure doing business with them and will use them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Retaining wall

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/14/2020

09/24/2020

Maggie F.

Carl Bongiorno & Sons, were extremely professional, responsive, and helpful during our backyard paver project. They were always on time and willing to provide suggestions as we decided on which paver combination to go with. I plan to have them come back to my property to do some landscape design soon. They also were mindful to keep their work area clean. I highly recommend Carl Bongiorno & Sons to anyone looking to work with a high-quality, and trust worthy family owned business.

Description of Work
Backyard Hardscaping: Paver installation on pool patio and back patio

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Review for Carl Bongiorno & Sons, Inc - 5 Kasper Court, East Setauket, NY - 38898922

09/05/2020

Joseph C.

Carl Bongiorno and Sons did an amazing job! Our driveway and front walkway looks beautiful and is exactly what we imagined it would be. Our backyard was transformed into a fabulous outdoor space with the pavers and newly seeded grass! The also replaced the lattice work around our deck which looks so much better than before. We encountered nothing but professionalism and patience during the whole process. Whenever we had a question they were so quick to respond. They are a wonderful team of people and we highly recommend them for the job!

Description of Work
Driveway and Patio

Category decks, landscaping, lawn treatment, masonry, driveway pavers, patios