Marina Carpet

Founded 1953 • With Angi since September 2012

2.5

2035 Jericho Tpke

East Northport, NY 11731

Full service Flooring Store Financing available Largest Showroom in Suffolk featuring All manufacturers Huge inventory of Remnants and Rolls ready for Next Day Delivery over 61 years in business...

08/23/2020

Robert H.

In April of 2019 I decided to replace the carpet going up my stairs into my upstairs hallway. I was going to use Home Depot as I have a few times in the past, but I thought maybe I would get better service from a smaller business and I wanted to support a local business so I went to Marina. Big mistake! Initially the service was good and the price was reasonable, but then came the installation. The installer showed up and immediately started complaining that he wasn’t told that this was a stair job, he was getting old and didn’t feel like doing it. He called Mike, the owner of Marina an a-hole for not telling him. He asked me if I wanted the insides of my closets done and said if I did I needed to clean them out because “I’m not your *****”. I should have thrown him out and called Marina but I took a day off work to get this done and I needed it completed. He ended up calling some other people to help. In the end, they did an OK job. But there are gaps in the padding that are obvious and you can clearly see where they slit the carpet to go around the railing. This was not visible at all with my old carpet. I went to Marina to talk to the owner about my dissatisfaction. He apologized for the installer and said he would come down and take a look. After failing to show once he did show up. He said he would be able to make it better but it may not be 100% perfect. I told him to see what he could do. He asked me to allow a few weeks for the carpet to come in. Long story short, I never heard back. I called to follow up and spoke to his sister. She also told me to give it a few more weeks. Then the COVID shutdown came. When things opened up I called Mike to see what was going on. I left three messages and he has not called back. I guess I am stuck with the carpet being as it is. I will never use Marina again and I urge everyone else not to. Home Depot would have addressed my concerns and made it right. I never had problems with their carpet installation in the past. So much for helping a neighborhood business.

Description of Work
New carpet

09/11/2018

Bruce F.

carpet guys were great, installation went without a problem. wood was awful. the compressor died and he couldn't lay down the floor. returned days later and discovered there wasn't enough flooring. couldn't come back due to a 'death in the family' and finally finished. Marina was totally unsympathetic

Description of Work
purchased carpet and finished wood flooring

Category flooring contractor

10/03/2016

Marc H.

Installation took over the course of 6 weeks due to quarter molding not being ordered and installed the first time around. Many calls and emails went unreturned and store was extremely unprofessional throughout the entire process. Installers only work 5 hour days so plan accordingly.

Description of Work
Install 1000 square feet of vinyl flooring and remove existing carpet.

04/26/2015

carl E.

very well. no surprises, fair price, good communications

Description of Work
supplied and installed carpet

Ramos Wood Floor

Here at Ramos Wood Floor, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. We are experts in the wood floor trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We look forward to earning your business.

D&L Hardwood Flooring

Fully Licensed & Insured. We repair, refinish, restore and install hardwood floors. We specialize in bringing old hardwood floors back to life. We are experts at stripping hardwood floors, sanding hardwood floors, refinishing hardwood floors, cleaning and polishing wood floors. We can refinish your wood floors with the most durable oil-based protective polyurethanes. We repair all types of wood flooring. If you have broken, cracked, chipped or rotted hard wood floor boards, call us. We know how to repair wood floors seamlessly, including color matching the stain so you would never notice the newly repaired wood floor planks from the original wood flooring. 516-506-2553 office number 516-506-9811 cell phone

Amy’s Flooring Inc.

*ASK ABOUT OUR 0% APR FOR 18 MONTHS FINANCING* We offer commercial as well as residential services. We are experts installing vinyl, laminate, and hardwood flooring. We have expertise in installing tiles in your room, bathroom and or kitchens as well as hardwood refinishing with water or oil-based stain.

Offers by Amy’s Flooring Inc. on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available
    Satisfaction

We Install Everything we sell. Every Installation Covered by our Full Service Warranty On Site Custom Rug Manufacturing and Binding

Ceramic Tile