LANDSCAPES BY LEE ITZLER

Founded 1987 • With Angi since January 2006

Designer, installer and nursery in one company. Over 40 years of experience in landscape design with a degree in Landscape Architecture. We specialize in planting design, selecting trees, shrubs and perennials from our 25 acre nursery. We use computer imaging to guide you through the design process while accommodating all budgets,...

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+8 more images

lawn & landscaping (62)tree service (16)

09/14/2022

Lauren B.

Lee was professional, responsive, and super knowledgeable. He listened to all our thoughts and provided excellent ideas for how to turn our mess of a yard into one we actually want to spend time in. I love the variety and selection of plantings he provided. He and his team quickly got to work and we couldn’t be happier with the results!

Description of Work
Trimming bushes, mulching, clearing out weeds in old beds, adding new beds and plantings.

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

Thank you. I enjoyed working with you and your husband.

07/24/2022

Michelle P.

Lee was absolutely amazing!!! Very responsive, has incredible design ideas and extremely knowledgeable about which trees, shrubs and plants would work best. He came out to assess my front yard extremely fast and within no time had his crew here with him to install it all. I continue to be amazed as he created the perfect balance for different plantings to bloom at different times. Highly, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Landscape design and full plantinh

Work Completed On 06/04/2022

Thanks for your kind comments

09/15/2021

Lisa I.

Lee was very easy to work with as he was responsive and punctual. Talking to him, I can tell he really knows what he is talking about and I trust his instincts on what would be best for our lawn/garden. It is also a great experience getting to work directly with the owner! We asked him to do a cleanup of our new home, front and back, (pulling weeds/bushes & re-mulching) which was done in a timely manner and we will definitely be calling him again soon to do our landscape designs and gardening!

Description of Work
Garden Cleanup

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

Thank you for your kind review.

05/15/2021

kristen P.

Lee did multiple plantings in our backyard and it looks wonderful. He designed a landscape that was perfect for our yard & installed it in a few days. We have gotten so many compliments! He and his crew have been great to work with and we are going to use him for future projects. Susan & Kristen P

Description of Work
Landscaping in backyard

Work Completed On 04/08/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a kind review. You were great to work with.

05/09/2021

Janet E.

This is the second time we have availed ourselves of Lee's services. In 2020 we asked him to redo our front yard, which looks even better this year. We were so impressed by his creativity and professionalism that we asked him to perform his magic again, on our backyard. Just like last time, Lee was on site every step of the way. He came up with the plan, removed all of the old, overgrown plantings and replaced them with beautiful, healthy specimens grown at his own nursery. He also built a unique hardscape hill to frame an existing water feature. Gave it a whole new look. Lee is very easy to work with. If you have an idea, he will execute it. If you don't have one, place yourself in his hands, you can trust him to come up with something spectacular.

Description of Work
complete backyard renovation

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

Thanks for taking the time to review. I enjoy working with you as well. See hello to ruby, your dog.

05/04/2021

Lorraine D.

Our front yard landscaping became a jungle of plants that started out small and over the years became overgrown. We called Lee for an estimate to redo the front. After speaking with us he gave us his ideas of what he would do with our input he had great ideas and really understood what we were looking for. He gave us an estimate and timeframe for the job that day. He cleared out what needed to be removed in one day and brought all the plants and perennials explaining what everything was and his ideas of where everything would go. He and his crew were great I would highly recommend Lee Itzler he did a phenomenal job at a fair price. We finally found someone that understood what we were looking for.

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

04/29/2021

Thalia B.

Lee completed the work as agreed upon, stonework and plantings, all looks beautiful.

Description of Work
Landscaping and planting

Work Completed On 04/29/2021

08/18/2020

Mike P.

We bought a new home in Huntington and inherited a beautiful but overgrown garden. Lee promptly responded to our quote request, and came out same day - on a Saturday - to take a look at the job. Lee was very clear in regards to what services he does and does not offer, and gave me a solid idea of what he would be able to do for our garden area. Lee was able to come out that same Monday morning, and arrived promptly at the time quoted. Within 4 hours our garden was cleaned up - weeded, mulched, trimmed and ready for us to manage for the remainder of the season. Lee is extremely knowledgeable in regards to plant species, trees and grasses and was able to give me great care-taking tips. He was even able to identify a hidden poison ivy patch in the garden and remove it. Lee's services are best utilized for significant garden/landscaping design and overhaul. I will very likely be using his services again when we decide to redesign the front and back yards next Spring!

Description of Work
Garden Clean-Up and Revitalization

Work Completed On 08/17/2020

06/06/2020

Tricia R.

I needed trees planted along my fence line to offer privacy from my neighbors. I contacted Lee, and he was immediately able to help. He suggested the ideal trees based on the sun exposure and worked within my budget. He was professional, knowledgeable, and answered all of the questions that I had. Lee took the time to explain proper care of the trees, and made a few other suggestions for my backyard. I highly recommend him, and plan to use his service for my future landscaping design.

Description of Work
Tree planting

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

Thank you for the kind review. Hope to see you soon.

04/09/2020

Jessica C.

Lee was professional well priced and did a great job. He did the work as peomissed and the project came out great. I would definitely recommend him again.

Description of Work
Trees, plant beds and lawn seeding

Work Completed On 03/30/2020

04/08/2020

Gia R.

A Giant Thank You to Lee and his Crew. Professional, courteous, efficient, reliable. Same day call back and initial consultation, fair pricing, start time for project immediate. The ability to go to his nursery and preview the trees/shrubs/plants beforehand was an added plus. Also, the flexibility of being able to change the initial products suggested if you weren't satisfied to different ones was a huge added benefit. Initially, we were just looking to have the recently removed privacy trees replaced. Lee transformed our backyard into an oasis which we will enjoy for years to come. He is not just a landscaper but and architect who tailors his work to fit your needs, budget and property.

Description of Work
Privacy trees, shrubs and plants

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

Thank you. It was my pleasure .

04/03/2020

Janet E.

We contacted Lee in the beginning of March and expected the usual: a call back in a few days; a consultation a week or two later; another appointment to review project plans; actual commencement of work, months later and many days, Missing in Action between beginning of the project and its culmination. None of that happened. My phone call was returned the same day and a consultation appointment made for the following day. Our front yard was in dire need of a renovation with a number of challenges. A sixty year old Cherry tree, with a pervasive root system, and a large canopy that shades most of the front lawn, was the main issue. Lee came up with a creative idea: a meandering, dry stone riverbed, surrounded by a multitude of unusual shrubs and perennials. He showed us photographs of prior projects and a potential planting design on his laptop. That very day we agreed on his design and the actual project began two days later. Weather permitting, Lee and his crew came every day and every day, Lee was present, working alongside his crew, removing the old, "seen better days" landscaping and replacing it with the new. The plants Lee selected were beautiful, and unique, many we had never seen before; the contrast of colors and textures, so pleasing. All along the way, Lee consulted with us on various issues, prior to moving ahead with the project. The entire renovation took two weeks and we were thrilled with the results. We are still surprised when we wake up in the morning and see our beautiful front yard. We feel like we're living in a botanical garden. Lee was very easy to work with and was a gentleman in every respect. His work ethic is "old school" and rare nowadays. I wholeheartedly recommend Landscapes by Lee Itzler in every respect.

Description of Work
Complete front yard landscape renovation

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

Thank for your kind review.

10/29/2019

Ray N.

Lee did an excellent job creating the landscape design for the plant bed and then executing the new, additional plant bed. Lee was also very reliable in the maintenance, ensuring the growth of the new plants and keeping the bed organized.

Description of Work
We needed to expand our garden to include the area in front of the entire walkway, reshape the existing trees, plants and plant new plants and perennials. We also needed periodic maintenance of the plant bed.

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

10/29/2019

Matt H.

Lee is great! He is extremely knowledgeable, you can tell he is not only very well educated in horticulture but also passionate about it. He had some great ideas and he was very easy to work with. He suggested ideas and he listened to ours until we came up with a mutually agreeable plan. Lee also was at our house every day, working and getting dirty right alongside his two friendly helpers. (The same two people who always work for Lee). We love the results and our neighbors continually compliment his work. We will most likely have Lee back next spring to perform some similar work in our rear yard. I like working with contractors who actually do what they say they will do, who are knowledgeable and respectful and who treat their staff well - Landscapes by Lee Itzler fits all of that criteria!

Description of Work
Home landscape design including stone walls, large landscape boulder placement and plantings

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

09/29/2019

Deborah D.

Lee was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. He always returns calls and shows up on time. His plants are healthy and well taken care of. We are very happy with our decision to use Lee.

Description of Work
We had 14 green giants planted in backyard and privacy plants put in front yard as well.

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

07/23/2019

Amy Q.

Great. Lee was very up front with me about what to expect when I explained what I was looking for. I wanted something very simple vs. what my home's previous owners had and did not care for or maintain properly. He made sure I understood the look that would be achieved with the amount money I wanted to spend, and did not try to oversell me but worked with me to keep in the range of my budget. When the day arrived, he let me know when he was on the way. He had 2 helpers with him and they all worked very **** ** a very hot day. He consulted me several times throughout the afternoon to make sure I liked the progress and knew exactly what was going on, which was refreshing. Before planting the new plants, he laid everything out to make sure I liked the layout and once everything was done, he explained how to care for everything and what to expect maintenance-wise. He even helped us replace a sprinkler head that was broken before the work stated and adjusted my sprinklers so the plants would be sufficiently watered. Once the new mulch was put down, everything looked better that I expected. It was just what I wanted.

Description of Work
Remove overgrown rhododendron bushes, ground cover, misc. bushes, shrubs and replace with new, smaller bushes and plants. Clear tall grass for 2 overgrown areas and transplant 2 existing bushes and several hosta plants

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

08/30/2018

Audrey T.

This spring we decided to fill in our in ground pool. We didn't know exactly what to expect when it was done but woke up the next morning and realized we had no idea what to do next. We really needed help. We called in a few landscaping/deck experts; one could only ask us to tell him what we wanted and another sent a 'designer' who drew a vague plan and didn't contact us again for two weeks, but Lee took the time and initiative to come up with a plan that sounded like what we wanted, on the spot. He asked us a lot of questions, made suggestions, looked at the soil, showed us how some of the ideas would look using his specialty landscape design software, gave us a workable price, and got the show on the road the following day. Cool. The job entailed brick patio work, building a fieldstone wall around two-thirds of the yard into which 70 arbs and perennials would be planted, updating our automated sprinkler system, and planting sod. The job was completed yesterday and we are thrilled with our new oasis. I especially love the curvatures in both the brickwork and rock wall and how well the sod follows those lines. Beautiful. Lee has a ton of plant and soil wisdom. He understands the unique soil characteristics that exist in different parts of Long Island and he chooses the most appropriate plants that will thrive in your yard. Lee is meticulous and passionate about his work and you can see it in the results. He is there every day, doing the work along side his team. They were professional, reliable, trustworthy, experienced and easy to work with — all the attributes you’d hope for. I expect to call him again next year when our arbs need trimming. I’m especially looking forward to next spring to see the flowering plants bloom for the first time. Lee gets an extra star for making such a sweet connection with our standard labradoodle! Awwww.

Description of Work
backyard landscaping after pool demolition

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

Review for LANDSCAPES BY LEE ITZLER - 486 Elwood Road, East Northport, NY - 37363102

06/25/2018

Harry H.

Called Lee, Went over issue. He told me exactly what I needed to get planted. (Green Giants) Approximately 30 we planted Added some color with some perennial plants. Brought in top soil, mulch, etc Job was completed within days Work completed by Lee and helpers Great Work Fully recommend and would use him again

Description of Work
Neighbor installed a wood fence along my backyard. I need to create a privacy cover for theis fence.

Work Completed On 06/08/2018

06/20/2018

Jon B.

Work generally went well.... Lee was friendly and patient Came With me to nursery to select what I like Price was reasonable. Work done very promptly Minor damage done to Japanese maple ...mulch applied carelessly over bottom branch breaking branch One plant in center of one pot fell I bought a stake and repaired myself. Lee would have come back, but it was an easy fix for me Overall, would have no hesitation recommending

Description of Work
Redisign landscape at front of house Planting in pots

Work Completed On 06/09/2018

05/05/2018

Lois M.

Excellent. Lee (the owner) came himself the day after I called. He explained what he could do and costs. Using a computerized designing program he suggested designs that could work around some of the root problems in order to stay within our budget and achieve a really artistic effect. On one side of the walk he created a low walled-in focus piece with a newly planted spruce tree sorrounded by beautiful plantings with many plant varieties. On the other side, framing the house, he suggested planting a dogwood tree, a dwarf Japanese maple and several beautiful shrubs, again surrounded by many varieties of plants. Lee came the next week, as scheduled, and did exactly as planned, achieving a beautiful effect. He is professional and a pleasure to work with. I will be using his services annually for upkeep, trimming and planting of annuals.

Description of Work
My entire front lawn and garden area were totally destroyed in a storm. Two large trees came down and crushed the few bushes we had. After the cleanup large roots remained and the lawn was completely torn up.

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

11/15/2017

Richard H.

The result was that Lee was able to bring all the suggested plantings and then some for us to choose. He completed the project, including beautifully re-sculpting our beds, within one day! From the day he first proposed the plan to completion was three days. We especially appreciated his response time because it was so late in the season. We chose Lee because he has his own nursery, grows his own plants, and is a horticultural expert. We are delighted with the results and are thrilled that we have new landscaping before Thanksgiving. Lee was easy to work with, his prices were competitive, and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I recently needed to replace the siding on my house. During the project it became clear that the plantings along the house were overgrown blocking much of the house and the front entrance. It was already November, but I contacted Lee through Angie's List. The next day he was at my house and began devising a plan right away on his computer. He then suggested plants that were appealing and would do well in that area. When we agreed on a general design, he said that he would bring varieties of plants to our home and we could choose from among them on site. I especially appreciated the way he involved us in the project.

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

10/09/2017

Royston W.

It was a pleasure to work with Lee on my landscape design project on the front garden. It turned out excellently. When he arrived on the first appointment, we went for a ride around the neighborhood so we could discuss design and styles that I liked so he had clear understanding of what I was looking for. He nailed it. The garden looks beautiful. I catch neighbors admiring it as they walk by. Very proud if it. I like Lee's style, We communicate together on the same level. All around a top-notch block who was a pleasure to work with. I have an ongoing partnership with him and he comes around to do pruning and maintenance to keep everything looking in tip-top shape. Highly recommended,

Description of Work
Landscape design/architecture. Tree planting.

Work Completed On 06/28/2017