Alure Home Improvements Inc

Founded 1946 • With Angi since January 2006

1999 Hempstead Tpke

East Meadow, NY 11554

Alure Home Improvements is a full service remodeler specializing in roofing, siding, windows, kitchens, bathrooms, basement, sunrooms, dormers, extensions, new construction, handyman home services and insulation. We have a 3 floor showroom in East Meadow, NY open 7 days a week where you can view full size displays. We are an 8 time remodeler for ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. We go to extremes to build your dreams!...

06/16/2022

Rosemarie S.

Exceeded expectations, Professionalism, Excellent Communication. That has been our experience with Alure Home Improvements. Our project was complex, utilizing; an Architect, Carpenters, Masons, Stucco Workers, Electricians, Roofing and Siding. Working with Alure's vey experienced Design Team we created our Dream Home Renovation. The finished product never deviated from the price quoted. The success of the project can be attributed to Our Project Manager, Frank Stehlik. His Professionalism, Attention to detail, guidance and immediate response to our calls was invaluable. If something wasn't just right, it was corrected to our mutual satisfaction. Frank's standards for our job were impeccable and created the Beautiful Finished Project we now have! The Pride Alure takes in their work is evident and Alure will always be our first choice.

Description of Work
Carpentry, Mason Work, Stucco Work, Electric Work, Roofing, Siding

Category decks, electrician, lighting, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, doors

05/18/2022

Josephine D.

We recently used Alure in March 2022 to complete our kitchen remodel. From the moment we came in contact with the team at Alure we were met with courtesy, professionalism, and outstanding service. Greg Griffin was our designer and helped us design our kitchen from start to finish. Never made us feel embarrassed about our outdated kitchen and small space, but gave us options to maximize the space we had while making it look modern. When it came to picking out cabinets, countertop, etc. in Alure's showroom, Greg was so helpful in bringing our vision to life and quickly understood our taste. Lubo was our project manager who oversaw the project from demo to completion and also was amazing. We were given a calendar of events on the day of demo and knew who was going to be in our home and when. Lubo was so accommodating and even showed up to our home in minutes notice when I felt uncomfortable with removing molding, etc. and stayed with me until the crew left. No company would do that for you. I can't say enough about the entire team from accounting, to the field team who drops by to check in on the project, to the delivery crew who dropped off all of our supplies. Everyone is amazing. I know it can be daunting to pick a construction company but don't think twice about contacting Alure. They are the best we have dealt with, and have had construction done in our home before. We will be calling Alure to remodel our bathroom soon. We felt part of a family and are grateful to the entire team. You definitely get what you pay for with Alure: outstanding service, amazing staff, and a beautiful remodeled space.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

01/26/2021

JoAnn D.

I waited 23 years for my dream kitchen and the team at Alure made the whole process a pleasure. They are so good that every day of the renovation was mapped out for us in advance and we knew which contractor would be here each day. Greg Griffin took my dream and designed it into reality and the amazing craftsmen from the demolition to the finish work, the tile team to plumber and electrician were all pros. Emilio was always available to hear my concerns clarify the plan and give us some piece of mind. You can't go wrong with Alure as they handle every detail for you. Can't want for our next renovation!

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Remodel

Category electrician, home remodeling

11/04/2020

Prudence E.

I contacted Alure in July 2020 sales person came and I picked out all of the materials for my relatively small bathroom. I was doing this to remodel the bathroom with a tankless toilet in order to create more room I was assured that this could be done. The process began on September 22. Unfortunately there was A problem after the bathroom was demolished I was told I could not install the tankless system because of a pipe in the wall. A new toilet was ordered and installed. Let me say that the demolition workers the plumbers and the tile man we’re all great even though the jewelry demolition crew threw out my radiator cover and I had to have a new one built. There was a problem withThe tile they sent two different colors for the trim ones they said send the correct color they didn’t send me enough and when they sent more tiles they still didn’t send enough.. In total my project took 27 days not including weekends. I love my new bathroom it came out beautiful however was it worth the cost and even more was it worth all of the time I lost I really don’t know. Unfortunately I would not have another project done by law without a guarantee that this project could’ve been done faster.A big factor in their advertisement is that they can complete any bathroom in five days and this is not true

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plastering, plumbing, marble & granite

10/21/2020

Josh-Roc R.

Terrible Kitchen Remodel experience from start to finish. Save your money and work with another company. The only good thing from the entire experience was the design consultation. Otherwise terrible project management. Over the course of two years I have had over 40 tiles come loose on the kitchen floor. Many issues with the sub contractors and cutting corners on the job. Still dealing with repairs through present day.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling

05/09/2019

Edward B.

We knew our small and boring 1980s kitchen needed an update when we bought our 1920s expanded ranch-style house in 1994, but financing a mortgage and raising kids were our top priorities. Once we decided to update, and Alure was there every step of the way. Kitchen and bath specialist Rich Reese walked us through design plans and the daunting selection of materials in the East Meadow showroom, then continued to e-mail us more mockup designs until my husband and I agreed on a style. We opted to keep our existing stainless appliances, as they had all been replaced within the last 5 years. We contracted Alure to gut the kitchen, open up the narrow 3-foot doorway (into the dining room) to an open-feel 6-foot wide space, and install new quartz countertops that resemble marble, textured ceramic flooring, and painted, soft-close Waypoint cabinets. Without changing the footprint, they would move the refrigerator from an awkward placement in front of the mudroom door to the opposite wall, install an outdoor vent for the oven/microwave (no more strong smells when cooking fish or steak!), replace a 6-foot baseboard heating with a small 2-foot vented heating duct on one side, and add tons of cabinetry and drawers—including Lazy Susans, convenient pullout dual-garbage cans, and a tip out tray for sponges. They would also add flush-mounted lighting to the ceiling and underneath the cabinets. Project manager Stan Szlamka visited us several days before the job was to start with a calendar in hand, detailing what would be done on each of the 10 days, and then gave us a reminder call the day before and several times during. Rich even contacted us a couple of times to ensure things were going as planned. First day, the demolition crew began and finished so quickly. Subsequently, the carpenters, framers, and electricians arrived, each on their appointed days. There were days that the plumbing schedule went awry, but all in all, there were no great surprises when they opened up walls in our 90+-year-old home, which has been notorious for odd infrastructure problems. Painting was left for us to do. Alure promised us a 10-business-day kitchen and it took a few days extra (mostly because of a missing dishwasher part), but oh, what a difference! Our 23-year-old son—who never gets excited about home improvements—walks into the room every day and says, “I love this kitchen.” Four of us can comfortably be in the room at the same time, whereas before, two people would bump into each other. Again, we didn’t change the square footage: Rich showed us that by reconfiguring the space and opening up the doorway, the kitchen would feel larger and ultimately, work better for our needs. He was absolutely right! Now, the adjoining dining room feels larger, and we didn’t even contract Alure to do anything to it. We are now the proud owners of a gorgeous, contemporary kitchen we’ve always seen on home improvement shows. Thank you, Alure!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

04/03/2019

Lawrence D.

The project went very well. The kitchen and bathroom are beautiful and I am satisfied with the work. Alure is vey professional and I recommend them.

Description of Work
Remodel of kitchen and bathroom

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

03/23/2019

Debra H.

We completed two gut renovations – a powder room and smaller bathroom – and the replacement of a developer grade vanity and fixturing to a partially upgraded master bath via the 5-day bathroom program. We knew what we wanted with the flooring, and working with the amazing Billy Coen, selected everything else and scheduled the work. Everyone arrived on time, did the work quickly, and cleaned every day. The tiling is meticulous, it looks amazing. We priced other contractors, who all wanted us to do some of the work – ordering the vanities and arranging the delivery, etc. This truly was an easy, one-stop shop. You make the choices, make the payments, and Alure does the rest. The result: beautiful bathrooms. I’ve already recommended them to two neighbors and won’t hesitate to do so to others.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodels

02/12/2019

lorraine T.

Alure has just completed a project on my house. From the minute I met Bob, the Salesman, who was very thorough – I knew I was in good hands. He offered great ideas and walked around the entire outside of the house, inspected my concerns and pointed out a few others. He made great suggestions. Then Bryan, the Project Manager also assessed the job. Alure replaced siding and windows and installed all new gutters. They did the roof a few years ago. I am extremely satisfied with the quality of the work that was done. The crews were all very knowledgeable, hard-working, capable and went above and beyond the scope of the project. As an example, the man who was caulking the windows noticed an older window that needed attention and he caulked that one too. It’s these “little” things that mean so much. They even hung up my flagpole! Extremely satisfied is an understatement about how I feel. I would not have anyone but Alure do work on my house!

Description of Work
windows, siding, gutters

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, home remodeling

12/09/2018

Erica C.

I have nothing but good to say. They came and did a complete and thorough inspection. The estimate was fair and reasonable. The time frame from beginning to end was excellent and honest and when expected. Tim, the project manager and Kevin who did the estimate where fantastic as were beyond helpful and when there was an issue they were right there to talk through and work it out. I would hire them if I do anymore work on my home. So satisfied and really everything was great.

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, windows

Category egress windows, gutter repair, roofing, home remodeling

11/18/2018

Alina J.

We would like to thank the Alure Team, particularly our designer Billy and installer Freddie for remodeling our bathroom. The project was completed on time and on budget. The new bathroom is very beautiful and functional. We are very happy with the final result and would highly recommend Alure for bathroom renovation.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling

11/18/2018

Alina J.

We would like to thank the Alure team, particularly our designer Billy Cohen and project manager Emilio Floro for remodeling our dream kitchen. The project started and completed on time and on budget. All workers came on time every day, worked hard and did a professional job. We are very happy with the final result and would highly recommend Alure for kitchen renovation

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling

11/17/2018

DAVE B.

project took much longer than quoted. not much choice of fixtures. overall workmanship was good, but would have liked more customer/installer interaction.

Description of Work
Bathroom makeover downstairs (complete) New counter and shower in upstairs bath(partial)

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, replacement windows, home remodeling

10/19/2018

Irene C.

A few hiccups with workers and items delivered incorrectly. But other than that, the kitchen is lovely and came out beautifully.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

10/15/2018

Jennifer V.

The project is still in progress, but I wanted to thank RJ and Jack Chapman for their incredible work and dedication. I wanted a 3 season room, and Jack recommended that we demolish my existing greenhouse, which I was just using for storage and had broken windows, a door that wouldn't close and so on, for this 3 season room. He has decades of experience with these rooms so I went ahead with it. RJ has been doing the construction, and he is truly a master of his trade. The room is coming along beautifully and I couldn't be happier. They recommended that I retain the exposed brick that was already there, I think it's been there since the house was built in 1937, and it looks amazing. RJ worked Christmas Eve and even weekends to get this done. The flooring, wall treatment and shingles are still to come. There's even a security light and I will be able to enjoy the view of my backyard and pool when this is done. *Thank you RJ and Jack, you are the best.*

Description of Work
New Construction of 3 Season Room, demo of existing greenhouse

Category home remodeling, sunrooms

10/05/2018

Jennifer V.

***note angies list has the business categized as out of business, this is not true and I've let them know *** I just had my bathroom remodeled by Alure. My home is very old, built in 1939 and the bathroom was seriously out of date. I was very unhappy with it. I finally got this remodeled last month. I always intended to have it done by alure. I am extremely happy with the results. They contacted me right away to set up an appointment. The salesman, Billy Coen, came out to my house with all of the sanpkes so I didn't have to visit the showroom. There was zero pressure to buy. We walked through the bathroom so he have an idea of what I wanted and didn't want and Billy spent a lot of time with me explaining the process and giving me great suggestions. I was particularly happy to hear that alure had been in business for decades and has worked on a number of bathroom renovations for home remodeling shows. Since I only have the one bathroom, it was very important to me to have confidence that once the job started, it would finish on time and within budget and I wouldn't need to take unexpected time away from work. I wanted something similar to what I'd already done in the kitchen in terms of colors and textures. Billy helped me select the colors, materials, hardware and styles that would work. He has done this many times and as it was my first time, i really appreciated his help. I told him that I wanted a relaxing, spa like environment but wasn't looking to spend a ton of money. For example he recommended a tile inset in the shower and a taller tub as well as high hat lighting since my bathroom is quite small. No detail was neglected. Alure assigned a project manager (joe russo) who provided me with a calendar so I'd know what to expect each day. Once construction started, the project manager checked in each day to see if I had any questions and to update me on progress. Billy also checked in from time to time and told me that he was excited to see the end result. The contractor, Erik, did a spectacular job. Every tile was lined up and no shortcuts were taken. He showed up every day around 8 am and kept me up to date on what he was doing. He has a lot of experience doing this and it showed. My small bathroom made the work a bit challenging but he was a fantastic problem solver. I really love the bathroom now and will call alure again when I put in another one. Communication is so important on projects like this and I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

09/27/2018

Magaly M.

We could not be more pleased with how this kitchen renovation went from beginning to end. Everyone we dealt with was courteous, professional and kept us apprised every step of the way. The crew showed up early every morning; they were hard working and efficient, ensuring they stayed on schedule in order to meet the targeted date. The Project Manager, Justin, came by every day to check on the work, its progress and quality. He then explained what was being done, what to expect the following day and answered any questions we had. The quality of the work is outstanding, as are the cabinetry, countertop and materials used. They adhered to the promised schedule. We had expected going through this renovation would be a painful experience but it turned out to be a pleasure. We would recommend Alure without reservations...KUDOS Alure!

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation

09/15/2018

Sue M.

I love my new bathroom! The bathroom renovation was done in a timely manner (exactly the time they said it would take). I was very happy with the finished product. The tiles were exquisite and I loved the vanity. My bathroom was small and there were challenges finding a perfect vanity for the space. The people who worked for me had a high regard for the quality of work they provided me with. The designer was very helpful with his input on how to implement a beautiful change to my bathroom. It looked totally different from the old one. I appreciated the extra help narrowing down my choices to create the bathroom of my dreams! The project manager, Sal was extremely helpful making sure everything ran smoothly and resolved any issues that came up promptly. I was very pleased with Alure Home Improvements. I would definitely use them again. They did an exceptional job.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, glass repair, lighting, home remodeling

07/25/2018

Sandi P.

I rate Alure an A+++ My husband and I just completed a kitchen renovation with them and they are AMAZING! From the start of the project with our designer Anthony Trozzo who worked with me designing the kitchen and figuring out how everything would fit in. He answered all my questions and was a pleasure to work with. We were assigned Sal Vines as our project manager who is outstanding and also a pleasure to work with! Sal told me what would happen every step of the way and what days the workers would be here. Keeping in contact with me by phone and text and showing up several times to make sure the work was being done correctly. He also answered every question that I had. The kitchen was completed in a little over a month and is absolutely gorgeous. Alure does everything right and are total professionals. Thank you Sal, Anthony and the whole Alure team for building me my dream kitchen! I highly recommend Alure to anyone who is looking to do renovations, you will not be sorry, they are fabulous!

Description of Work
kitchen renovation

07/06/2018

Adriana J.

Very well I am very satisfied. I love the final result, I am very impress how quick the work was done.

Description of Work
Sun room in my backyard.

Category sunrooms

06/05/2018

walter M.

They were very good. They showed up on time, did a professional job and when I had a few small things that needed attention afterwards they came right out and fixed them. Even a few years later I called them about a minor issue and they fixed it. Their follow up was excellent and they are superb.

Description of Work
They did a complete bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

05/30/2018

Jane R.

From the moment of our meeting, and presentation of what would go into the renovation, it was wonderful. Everything was clearly explained, and the forecast of the time that the reno would take was exactly how it went. Everyone involved on and off the job from Alure was professional, reliable, and considerate. It is extremely eveident that Alure is a company that puts the satisfaction of their client first. The results are exactly what we wanted, and we have our dream home because of Alure!

Description of Work
It started with Siding and windows, and we loved the work of Alure so much, we had 3/12 baths, kithcen, bedroom, roof done.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, garage doors, glass repair, insulation, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

04/27/2018

Judith C.

Great, I would never use a different company. SO pleased with the work, the workers came on time and my house was left clean and orderly each night. The decorating help made all the difference!

Description of Work
I had a kitchen and two bathrooms remodeled

Category ceramic tile, countertops, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling

02/26/2018

Carl Z.

We had bath tub converted to shower. We had 4 companies give us estimates, Alure was the most comfortable we felt dealing with and were are glad we did. Everything went exactly as what we were promised. We had to wait 6 weeks for work to start, work started on time crew sent were exceptional, neat and professional. We are very happy with work done and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bath Tub converted to Shower with new plumbing and shower floor

02/20/2018

Nick G.

The bulk of the work was fine. There was a little issue with the shower that was rectified on the 3rd try. The replacement of the window was the main concern. It was too small, the installer left a gap at the top and the bottom and it looks overcaulked. Project manager offered to cover it up with molding the next week but never showed. I don't expect perfection but, for the money I expected a little more from this company.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel.

Category remodeling, home remodeling