Country Suburban Heating & AC

With Angi since August 2010

3.4

5674 Horatio St

Deerfield, NY 13502

We maintain a high level of quality among our staff. All of our installers and technicians are trained on a regular, on-going basis....

12/26/2020

Erik C.

I was told their rates were $89.95 for first 30 minutes of diagnostics, then up from there. Tech went to my rental to check a furnace. He was there for 28 minutes (I have him entering and leaving on time stamped surveillance cameras). They billed me for 32 minutes (just long enough to get the higher rate). In that time, the tech pulled off the furnace cover, took out 4 screws, looked around, and left. He told my maintenance man that my furnace needed to be replaced. The next day, I was billed $170. No one even tried to sell me a replacement furnace. In a competitive market like this, your business handling needs to be much better. Social media will destroy you eventually.

Description of Work
Shady Business

08/06/2020

Kristi M.

Do not give them your business! They don't give you accurate pricing, do not call back, and are very unprofessional! On June 8th, I had someone come to service my air conditioning and furnace. Went great, the tech was very kind and punctual. There was an issue with two of my ac vents in the master bedroom that needed to be replaced which was something I knew I needed. The tech did mention it would take a couple weeks to hear back for pricing which was fine. Over a month goes by, I still hear nothing. I call and they say they will call back then never do. A week or so after that I have someone call acknowledging they saw they paperwork that was turned in about needing a price and they say they will call back, never do. After calling multiple times, I finally get someone to come out to look again so I can get a quote. The tech (Different tech this time, didn't appreciate that he came in with a mask around his neck instead of wearing it properly. The first tech wore his mask properly along with shoe covers) was supposed to be here by 11, never shows until after 3:30 and that was after having to call about why no one was here yet. Afterwards, no one calls me back for a quote so I have to call again. Finally get to talk to Harry, who I believe is the owner. He's extremely unprofessional when talking to his customers. Took asking multiple times within the call just to get a quote instead of being told it's the hourly rate plus supplies without telling me any numbers. How am I supposed to know those numbers without you telling me? Finally, I was told about $100/hr plus supplies which he claimed were cheap. I ask if it's going to be around $300 or so and he says yes since it should be no more than 3 hours. The tech arrives, before he even starts he told me Harry told him it was a set price of $500... Seriously? What happened to the hourly rate we talked about? How hard is it to tell your customer on the phone it is a set price instead of blindsiding them as the technician comes in? I expected no more than $400 based on our talk. Thankfully I had the same tech as the first time back in June. He was good to work with again and he did try helping me with the situation by inquiring about the pricing.

Description of Work
Unico lines replaces (2 air ducts in master bedroom)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

11/28/2018

Joseph R.

The job took a very long time and it was not done right. They pulled a over hanging roof off with the truck when pulling in the driveway and tried to fix it without telling me. The heat has not worked right since it was installed and has leaked many times. I had to call dozens of times to have this fixed and many times no one would show up or if they did it does not get fixed properly. I have had technicians tell me they told Harry about the issues but nothing is being done to correct them It will not pass inspection for my insurance company because it was installed improperly and the owner Harry Gee will not take my calls to fix it. The NYS boiler inspector also has said it was not installed properly. It has been almost 2 years and still not working right and will not pass inspection.

Description of Work
Two new wall hung high efficiency boilers

07/28/2018

KATHLEEN T.

Each time I've called Country Suburban for either maintenance checkup, or problems with the airconditioner, I always received prompt service. I had an appontment for duct cleaning and a couple weeks before that date my very old airconditioner started malfunctioning and subsequently stopped working. Steve came on a Wednesday to provide an estimate, and three days later, on a Saturday the airconditioner was replaced. Two techs replaced the A/C and Mike did all the duct cleaning. All work was performed in a little over 3 hours

Description of Work
Replace an outdoor central airconditioner unit, And Duct cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

05/15/2017

Linda R.

They are very professional. They did exactly what we wanted. I asked for something extra and they gave it to me with no problems. They had both units installed with one day, which included the large condenser outside. Every time they came in the house they removed their shoes. Once a year they would come back to clean and refresh everything at nominal charge.

Description of Work
They installed slim jim air conditioning units.

12/09/2015

Maynard S.

Did not complete installation, wrong thermostat for hydronic heating. Poor response to phone calls. Multiple no shows. Google home explosion and loss of life in the Utica, NY area.

Description of Work
Contract price for heating system: $12000. Stalking type phone calls prior to sale of system. Partial system installed. Multiple calls to contractor to finish installation. No showed multiple times for completion of installation. Failed to instruct on use of boiler, did not clean boiler, did not install rust preventative. Finally, did not installation antifreeze per contract. Stalker type phone calls over $1200 balance due - not paid because work not completed. Boiler piping leaking - called placed and no one presented for evaluation or repair.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We have taken care of all the issues that the customer has requested at their home as of 12/14/15. There were a lot of miscommunication on the day the work was to be done. We realized that we did not have the correct anti-freeze, we then ordered the correct anti-freeze. When the correct anti-freeze arrived, we called and left several messages with contractor. We never received phone call back to schedule appointment to put in anti-freeze into system. We have been told that this customer has gone through multiple contractors. Country Suburban Heating & Air Conditioning & Sons, Inc. has taken care of all issues that the customer has requested on 12/14/15.

07/21/2014

Peter S.

I rarely write reviews. I had some hesitations about using Country Suburban for this project. I also had some hesitations with many of the contractors available in my area too. I am going to describe my personal experience with this contractor. I first contacted Country Suburban by phone and received a call back from the owner, Harry Gee, within an hour. An appointment was made for an inspection and estimate within that week (2 days). The owner showed for the inspection himself right on time. During my meeting with Gee, he appeared more excited about the work and what it would do for my home than I was. I originally believed this was part of the sales aspect. I was told he would provide the top of line furnace and an exceptional AC unit. He also said he would have the hot water heater moved in order to neaten my basement up and provide me with more room in my shop which he could tell was my personal space. The hot water heater was also apparently installed improperly by the previous owner. A high end wi-fi thermostat was also part of the install he explained. During our meeting he threw a price out of $6,500. This seemed like a great price. I had been looking to get central air installed by the 14th for family visiting. I thought for sure it was not possible as told by others and that if promised would jack the price up and cause completion issues. When asked when we wanted it he said no problem that they would get started Tuesday (2 days away). I asked that he write up the proposal and show me what was promised. I then thought that I wouldn't here again from them for weeks. the next day I had a proposal outlining everything he said, the time frame (what we were hoping for) and the cost. I was sure the price would THEN be inflated. It wasn't. I decided to go for it. On the day the work was to be done at 9:00 AM I became worried at about 8:50 AM that I was going to be disappointed with excuses. At 9:00 AM sharp, a Country Suburban truck pulled into the driveway. Two professional employees introduced themselves and were ready to work. I was told that the job would take 2 days. That's exactly what it took. The same installers worked both days non stop with the exception of a short lunch. The work necessary to remove the ancient furnace was a job in and of itself. They were all business and it didn't feel as if I turned my home over to a sketchy gang. Another employee came for the thermostat install and after the work was completed I was contacted days later by the company rep to finalize everything, go over my product and complete payment. He was as helpful and punctual as the rest. He even completed my rebate paperwork and assisted with the product registration. The rebates offered approximately $1,500 off. I also have to add that I could not meet anyone to pay the small down payment to secure the work. The owner met me after hours on his vacation to complete the paperwork needed to lock the job in. I realize it was important to him but just as important to me to make sure I got the work started. All in all I was very impressed with the work and the personnel. the price was incredible and work was exactly as described. What the owner described and promised was delivered and he was as happy as we were with what we were doing in our home. Based on this experience I had with Country Suburban and its owner Harry Gee, I would definitely do business again and actually look forward to in the future. I joined Angies list just for this project and decided the membership was also worthwhile to make sure someone else had some information to make such an important, expensive and potentially impossible decision easier. i could not be happier with my decision at this point.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace, central air unit and moved hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

07/17/2014

Kelly M.

Harry the owner came to my house he was very thorough. His estimate was the lowest out of all the estimates we received. Herry was very pushy and almost came off as creepy and desperate. He would call me several times a day asking if I was going to hire him. Because of the pushy behavior we ended up hiring another contractor.

Description of Work
They provided me with a quote for a new furnace and central A/C.

05/06/2014

Laura A.

We ended up getting a brand new top of the line furnace. We also got a manufacturer's rebate through the contractor and then there were also incentives through the utility company. The price that he quoted us was close to $4,000 but after the rebate and the incentives, we ended up paying less than $3,000. It was a really good deal. The manufacturer was slow in getting the rebate back to us and he came over to our house personally and gave us the check so we were impressed with that as well because he did what he said he was going to do. The main thing was that we were able to get the best furnace that we could afford for a lot less money than we could pay anywhere else. The people who installed it were okay. I mind of stayed away from them because they kind of indicated that they didn't want anyone pestering them but they didn't put it in words. It was raining cats and dogs when they installed it. They scheduled it and they were here exactly when they were supposed to be.

Description of Work
We used Country Suburban Heating & AC to put in a furnace for us.

10/15/2013

Kathleen L.

When they make the mistake and their at fault. They will go off the radar. So annoying. Just hope everything goes well and they are perfect . Otherwise deffinately go some place else to start with

Description of Work
Overall

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Green Vent Cleaning

Proudly serving Upstate NY with air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning, and in-home air disinfection, which is approved by the FDA to kill Coronavirus. https://www.greenventcleaning.com We are the only local company that offers truly transparent pricing and full contactless online booking. We serve central/upstate New York with attention to detail and a commitment to thorough cleaning even if it costs us money-we always do the job right! Upon entering your home, our staff removes their shoes and treats your home with respect and care. You can rest assured that we will care for your home as we clean.

Prime Heating and Air, LLC

2016-2020 Super Service Winners! Owner Duane Carr has worked in the HVAC industry since graduating from Thaddeus Stevens State College of Technology in 1997. Duane started Prime Heating and Air Conditioning to provide Syracuse and the CNY Region with a local, independently owned HVAC company that earns the trust of its customers by doing quality work at reasonable prices. With Duane's commitment to family and community, he's built his business to include his two brothers, Neal and Eric, to provide outstanding service and local community support.

Offers by Prime Heating and Air, LLC on Angi
    MJM Plumbing and Heating

• 2015 Super Service Award Winner! • A+ BBB Rating • Locally Owned & Family Operated • 24/7 Emergency Services! • Since 1962, We at MJM Plumbing & Heating have taken great pride in providing the BEST Customer Service possible to Utica, Rome, & the Surrounding Areas! • We consider it a privilege to be able to accommodate ALL of your Plumbing needs! • Call (315) 733-3080 to Schedule a FREE Estimate or Appointment - We look forward to working with you!

Financing Available

Heating, air conditioning & air duct cleaning