TRADITIONAL TREE SERVICE

Founded 1984 • With Angi since October 2007

Traditional Tree Service is the first place to turn for all your tree Trimming, Pruning, Shaping, Removal, Grinding & Spraying needs. Don't wait until that Tree comes down in a storm and damages your house or vehicles... Don't wait until those unsightly branches fall down on your tv cable, telephone or power cables... Need Emergency Service? Call the Experts at Traditional Tree Service...

tree service (169)lawn care (10)

12/17/2021

Robert R.

Man showed up to give me an estimate. Within two minutes he came back and advised me that because tree was close to power lines, I should call P S E & G. He was the only one of three people who came to give me an estimate, who advised me of this. I am impressed with his honesty and would recommend this company without question.

Description of Work
Tree Cut Down and Removed

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 12/17/2021

05/30/2020

Brian M.

The crew came right on time and immediately started working. The guys worked quickly and efficiently to get our decent sized job done in about 6 hours. We love how our trees look that got trimmed and love our new, more sun filled backyard! This is a stand up, get the job done, well priced company

Description of Work
We needed 5 trees taken down, many other trees trimmed and stumps grinded down

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

07/14/2019

Douglas V.

It took a couple of days for the guys to estimate the job, but that was likely due to the fact that there were a LOT of downed trees in the area following a sudden and severe storm. After that, it was a few more days before they could get here, but again, that's understandable. The work itself was performed well. One tree was very precariously perched against another and leaning over my neighbor's yard. Another company was going to bring in a bucket truck or the like, but Traditional's guys just did a lot of fancy rigging and climbing and got the job done without incident. They came back another day to grind the stumps, but one was partially behind a fence and they couldn't get to it. Without complaint, they came back another day to get the second stump after we had the fence removed. Best of all, Traditional's cost for the job was $1000 less than my previous tree guys, who I had always found to be very reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Removal of two trees and several large branches felled by a recent storm. Stump grinding.

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

06/18/2019

Gail C.

They were really good and they had the best estimate. The service was excellent. Very courteous and hardworking.

Description of Work
They chopped down a tree that was hanging over my neighbor's garage that was ready to fall. They also took away a tree that fell in the backyard.

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

05/19/2019

Susan M.

They were very prompt with providing an estimate and getting the job done quickly. I was very pleased with the price and the professionalism. They did a great job and cleaned up really nicely. Another big truck came by with a giant claw machine that picked up the big, heavy, trunk pieces. It was actually quite fun to watch. So, a little entertainment thrown in for free! I'll definitely call next time I need tree work done again.

Description of Work
Cut down a large dead tree in yard

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Thank you, [Member Name Removed] for the review! It was our pleasure!

05/15/2019

Jonathan C.

Poorly managed fiasco -- unable to keep appointments straight, rude on phone about their own scheduling mistake. They set an appointment for Saturday, then called out of the blue on Wednesday --when no one is home to deal with them -- announcing that the estimator is on the way. When I mentioned that I had someone coming on Saturday, they assumed it was a competitor and complained that I should not cancel once the truck is on the way. Then, having scheduled the appointment days earlier, they called back to say that they checked my address and do not work in my area. Complete waste of time. They know neither where they're going, nor when.

Description of Work
Tree trimming

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

04/16/2019

Richard B.

We used Traditional Tree to remove two huge oak trees, trim up 4-5 other trees and grind 6 stumps. They took extra care of my lawn being it had just rained by putting plywood down. I was amazed on how quick and efficiently they worked. Safety was top priority to them. They took pride in how the job site looked at the end of the day., You would never have known I had tree work done. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Tree Removal and Stump Grinding

Work Completed On 04/16/2019

03/17/2019

Donna R.

Exceptional! if it was for the missing limbs on the trees , I would never know they were here. they cleared all the branches away, even the small stuf. They were very efficient and ensured they didn't damage wires or my personal property and were very professional.

Description of Work
cut the large branche high up on 3 trees and several small dead branches and took all debris away

Work Completed On 03/16/2019

03/02/2019

Kathy B.

They did a horrid job that destroyed my tree. A company that was supposed to have "certified arborists" doing the work just hacked an old tree into a ridiculous shape that destroyed its beauty. They clearly have no clue how to prune properly. Beware!

Description of Work
Tree pruning

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

01/28/2019

Michael A.

Punctual, done quickly and good clean up.

Description of Work
Removed one large tree and three small trees.

Work Completed On 12/18/2018

12/11/2018

Joanne D.

Steve and his crew were fantastic. They arrived right on time (actually 15 minutes early). He and his foreman walked through the property with me to review the work to be done. They got going right away and had all the right equipment to do the full job. I noticed right away how safety conscience his team was when climbing trees. When trimming the trees they consistently checked with me on which limbs should be removed and if any others needed to be removed. They did a thorough cleanup and were a real pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Steve and his team. Great job!

Description of Work
Tree removal and tree trimming

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

11/30/2018

Kathy B.

When I met with the owner to get an estimate, I was assured that he would be on the job when the work was done. The crew arrived without the boss. One of them handed me a copy of my estimate and said "so what are we doing?" I asked where the boss was and was told he would not be there. That should have been my first clue. This worker then called the boss who, I guess, attempted to instruct the workers what to do via phone, so I want back in the house. The next time I went outside, I saw my beautiful 40 year old sycamore tree had been amateurishly hacked into a ridiculous shape. It was elevated too high and branches were randomly cut off giving it a lop-sided shape. It now resembles a stalk of broccoli on my front lawn which according to a certified arborist I spoke with, is a sure sign of poor and unethical work. I'm heartbroken to say the least. They may be the company to remove or destroy a tree for you, but they are not the ones to prune a tree properly.

Description of Work
Tree pruning

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

After calling and trying to schedule this job countless times, our professional crew, arrived at your house on time, complete with an arborist and a foreman on the job. The tree was elevated and cut away from your house exactly as specified. You were present the entire time and complimented them on a job well done. You also asked for additional limbs to be cut which were done for you at no additional charge. Only when it was time to pay us there seemed to be a problem with the job. Unfortunately, there is not a website out there where contractors can warn other contractors about unscrupulous customers such as your self.

11/28/2018

Adam C.

They did a terrific job, were well priced, and would use them again in a second for any tree needs.

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees, dead limbs and pruning.

Work Completed On 11/14/2018

10/17/2018

Victoria B.

Excellent, best price, best service. Did exactly when and where they said they would.

Description of Work
Several trees removed. One very old and large, stump ground

Work Completed On 10/16/2018

10/02/2018

robert B.

excellent job well done i would recommend

Description of Work
tree branches trim

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

09/17/2018

Chris B.

It went so smoothly and so quickly and when they were done there was nothing left behind, no sign they were ever there. Neat, professional, great owner and crew.

Description of Work
Cutting down part of a very large tree

Work Completed On 09/15/2018

09/16/2018

Gregor W.

Two dead trees in our garden needed to be cut. A complicated job because one of the trees was very tall. They both stood on a hill, surrounded by a lot of other trees and bushes that were likely to be affected by the cutting. Steve’s team did an excellent job. Those trees came down without making any damage to the other plants. Wood pieces ended up exactly where predicted. He and his colleague Donna were reliable and pleasant. They returned all our calls and performed the work just as promised. I wish there was a way to communicate with the company via e-mail or text messenger in addition to the existing telephone line. Overall, we can fully recommend Traditional Tree for jobs like ours.

Description of Work
Cutting of Two Dead Trees

Work Completed On 09/14/2018

06/30/2018

MARIE B.

They were punctual , careful and left a clean worksite when they were gone.

Description of Work
Removal of three oak trees and stump grinding.

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

06/25/2018

margaret F.

I cannot say enough good things about Steve, the owner, & his crew. They were fabulous: efficient, conscientious and professional. They did such a good job you wouldn't even have known they were there except for the missing trees. Steve even had them grind down the stumps which I hadn't expected. Such a pleasant surprise. I can highly recommend Traditional Tree Inc. &, based on my experience, know you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
trees removed, elevation & pruning

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

04/12/2018

Louis E.

steve &his crew showed up promptly on the day he promised, went right work &did a great job.Steve &his crew were friendly &very professional.They followed my instructions for the work to be done& did a great job cleaning up, worked carefully with no damage to anything. This is the company to hire for tree service.

Description of Work
severe pruning of wild cherry tree ,trim extreme pruning of wild cherry tree, cut back branches around wires, cut back branches hanging over fig tree.

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

03/26/2018

Len C.

I called Traditional along with 4 other companies. Two didn't call me back, one called me back about 2 weeks later, one did call me back and was reasonable, but Traditional had the best price and seemed to most professional. I spoke with Steve and he came by within a couple of days to take a look at the job and give me an estimate. The price was great and he said they could get the job done within a few weeks depending on the weather. I had the job done in the middle of winter so I was flexible and understanding about the weather situation. Steve called me about a week later and said they could come out in a couple of days as it would be a relatively warm day and no precipitation. They showed up on time (actually about 10 minutes early). Now this is where it gets interesting. They showed up with a crew of 8 guys and 3 trucks. These guys were awesome. Steve showed up at the start of the job and instructed the guys on what to do. They had 2 large trees down, cleaned up and were gone in 42 minutes flat. It was like watching a NASCAR pit crew in action. I was blown away. I was so impressed that I told some people at work and they were going to contact them for their tree service too. It's really a great feeling when the people you hire do what they are going to say they do and do it in a timely fashion and with professionalism. Nowadays it's hard to find. I will only use these guys in the future. I can't express how impressed I was with the job.

Description of Work
Had 2 trees taken down in the front yard. One large pine tree and a large black walnut tree.

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for the great review! Looking forward to hearing from you again. Steve

03/06/2018

James S.

Job was completed as promised! Trees were removed and stumps ground. All branches and wood removed Crew did a great cleanup I would highly recommend using Traditional Tree Inc !

Description of Work
3 large locust trees needed to removed.