Decks Unique Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 2011

119 Commack Rd

Commack, NY 11725

Decks Unique is a Long Island deck builder who designs custom decks, pergolas and gazebos. Our other services include long island deck builder, deck contractor, deck design, custom decks, Nassau County decks, Suffolk County decks, pergolas, awnings & gazebos. Award winning....

05/06/2022

Kathryn W.

Receptionist was very nice - set up an estimate with someone who failed to send me info prior. She called to apologize and then set up an appointment with "Jason". Jason sent an offensive email stating that all of the decision makers must be present at the time of the estimate. Really dude? Did you think a 6 year old called you for the estimate? News flash - anyone setting up an appointment has made the decision already that they'll be doing business. Strike #1 -- An hour before the scheduled appointment, the receptionist called and said Jason had to cancel because traffic was bad in the Hamptons and he wouldn't make it back in time. Strike #2 (Traffic is always bad in the Hamptons - you shouldn't have scheduled an appointment if you knew you'd be out there). Rescheduled appointment - One half hour before, Jason called to say he'd be late -- He had a client who couldn't decide on the product that he needed to swing by to see. -- Strike #3 --- Glad it happened before hiring. There are serious time management issues here. If you're not interested in obtaining new clients, this is the business model. Would not recommend

Description of Work
demolition and rebuild of large pool deck

07/09/2021

Joseph D.

Yesterday we had our deck installed by Decks Unique. I had a good feeling about what we were going to be getting after we initially consulted with our salesman. He was great, and didn't try to oversell us. The deck was installed in ONE day! Demolition of the old deck only took a little over an hour. When the building crew was beginning the basic deck layout, I asked to speak to the foreman..and they said speak to "Lou". As it turns out, he's the owner of the company. He was on site and making sure everything got started correctly, and was there most of the day. Very reassuring. The guys did an excellent job and worked like a well-oiled machine. The deck came out perfect! They cleaned up and were very careful around our property. I looked it over carefully, and saw nothing but perfection! So far, it's been less than 6 hours since the deck was built, and if it wasn't raining right now, I'd be out there marveling at our beautiful "Trex Enhance Foggy Wharf." If you are considering having a deck built, by all means...use Decks Unique!.

Description of Work
New Deck Construction

Category decks

Thank you for the wonderful review, Enjoy!

09/18/2019

Joseph M.

Everything went wonderfully from beginning to end. My wife & I couldn’t be happier. Everyone we dealt with was a professional. We would highly recommend DECKS UNIQUE to anyone.

Description of Work
Removal of existing deck & replacement with new.

03/20/2019

Sean C.

don't write reviews, not for lack of appreciation, but due a basic aversion to social networking and the internet in general. I made an exception in this case because my family did truly have an outstanding experience with Decks Unique as a company as well as with their people, Tom, Lou and the crew at the showroom. We have a small house with a large deck which sits directly on the water and the quality and look of this deck is directly related to how we enjoy the house and the overall value of the property. It is a big piece of the equation and we had a good deal of trepidation going into the research and selection of a construction firm. From beginning to end of the evaluation, Tom and his team came out on top, through their show room, 3D renderings, price and speed with turning around our design and general questions. They were very flexible with our scheduling and were consistently on-time and reliable. Most importantly the deck and the balcony associated with the deck have come out beautifully. The house has never looked better and their attention to the detailed carpentry and fit and finish exceeded our expectations. A final note, when we did find 2 small issues with spacing of railings on the deck, Lou, who was the foreman, came out personally and remediated the problem. A final final note, when I asked for a paid in full receipt for the work done for insurance purposes, they hand delivered it to the house in a day. I could not have asked for a better sales, customer service and deck delivery experience.

Description of Work
Large waterfront deck and balcony

02/27/2019

Damien M.

We needed a small deck or around our above ground pool and had no hesitation in calling Jason , which was the only call I made. This company had replaced my old deck after superstorm sandy and we couldn’t have been happier with the finished product. Again with this project we wouldn’t be disappointed. The design of Jason was flawless and the transition from paper(computer screen) to reality was as if it was photoshopped. Which is a testament to the craftsmen that constructed the deck. The work was done in super quick time and the yard was left as if no one had been back there working. If you want a deck built this is the company for you

Description of Work
Above ground pool deck

Category decks

It was a pleasure working with you and your family for the second time, thank you for your kind words and we hope you enjoy not one but 2 of your decks!

02/11/2019

Craig S.

This will be a long review, so grab a snack & a drink…My wife & I decided that ‘19 was financially & finally the year 2replace our 30yr old wood deck. Boards/spindles were loose, also not up to the current code w/the spindles being 2far apart (grandfathered). I flipped thru local home magazines, & started to “cold call places”, scheduling estimates. I ended w/a total of 7, w/Decks Unique being #6. I decided to get the 7th estimate, to solidify my decision. Flipping through magazines turned out 2be a “waste” in my book, as I didn’t even find them in a magazine. On 1/7/19, I hd the owner, Joe of Victorian Fence company, I used 2 yrs ago, come 2look @ some bottom rails on my fence panels, I felt were sagging. He could see my concerns, & w/o hesitation, set up a date for them 2be switched out. Technically, they weren’t sagging enough 2be covered by warranty, however, as a business owner, he made good, & took care of @ NO COST. At this point, you’re saying 2yourself, “why is he talking about his fence?” With all this care, & the customer 2owner connection, I politely asked him of any deck companies he recommends. He said “Decks Unique.” I asked him if there was any connection, & he stated, he has worked w/them in the past, as well as the great reviews online. Joe told me 2look online 4myself, & read. This is the epitome of that phrase “word of mouth.” I liked right away from what I read online, & w/o hesitation, I called Decks Unique (Kyriel-GM/Admin). From that 1st call, I sensed true care in her tone, professionalism, & w/o a doubt, having some1 come out 2me soon 4an estimate (based on my availability), in addition, a match for my needs. I am one, who stresses being punctual, timely communication, & professionalism, not 2mention a phenomenal job. I was able 2set up a consultation 4the next afternoon. As soon as I finished my convo w/Kyriel, an email was sent 2me confirming my appointment, as well as links on decking material 2better educate me, as well as introducing me 2who would be coming, & his background. Jason (Sales) was punctual, professional, patient, nice, & thorough w/his explaining the difference of decking materials, as well as showing me samples. After Jason showed up 4our estimate/consultation, I knew by this time, this was 1 distinction of them being “unique.” @the conclusion of our initial consultation, Jason stated again, that if I have any questions, 2send an email/call, & he’ll gt back 2me asap. He followed up later that night @10pm, w/a thank you 4allowing him into my home, & again, offered answers 2any questions I may have. Over the next several days, he returned several of my emails, & calls promptly, & worked w/me on my needs/price. Jason, & I set a follow up appt on 1/16, & w/my wife by my side, we finalized color, & specifics of our plan, & signed a contract. On 1/17, Jason sent me a sketch, & 3D renderings of what the project will look like (another “unique” touch). We set dates, only changing if weather didn’t permit), & all worked out. They had a company come 2my home & “demo” the old deck. Throughout this whole process, Kyriel was very communicative in touching base w/me on times of material being delivered, & crew showing up 2begin. It was ALL on point. Monday, 1/28, Lou (owner), John, & Thomas all began building my 2nd story deck shortly after 7am. It was complete on Wednesday, 1/30, 30 minutes b4 we received that “snow squall”/“vortex snow storm.” All 3 guys continuously worked in such xtreme cold conditions, leaving nothing short, bt phenomenal, awesome craftsmanship & perfection. After deck was complete, John, & Thomas did a full clean up of yard, & helped put the outside tables/chairs back on deck, & patio. When setting up the whole deck project, I informed Kyriel, that if work needed 2be completed after Wednesday, 1/30, (we would have to make special arrangements, as Thursday, 1/31), I would be unable 2be home, as I’ll be taking my dad in 4surgery. On Thursday afternoon, I received an email from Kyriel about the welcome kit I‘ll be receiving from Trex, & the necessary warranty information. She included @the bottom, “We hope your father is doing well.” I must say, what a class act this company is…& UNIQUE!!!! Upon completion, since weather was a bit crazy, w/the storm moving in, we bth collectively forgot about the flagpole holder, we hd agreed on them hanging for me. Since I was busy w/work, I called Kyriel on Monday 2/4. We both agreed that Wednesday, 2/6, would work 4both of us. As promised, John was waiting for me @ my house, & took care of it. From the point of me calling 2secure a consultation/estimate, until the flagpole holder was hung, Kyriel, Lou, John, Thomas, & Jason, ALL (this is what also makes them “UNIQUE”) were true professionals, fulfilled all promises, & most importantly spectacular awesome job. I’ve shown pics 2co-workers, & a few hv already expressed interest for future projects.

Description of Work
2nd Story Trex Deck

Category decks

Wow [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to write and express how your experience went with us all. We are grateful to have a customer like you. Welcome to our Decks Unique Family!! We all enjoyed working with you and hope you enjoy your new deck for many many years!

12/20/2018

David R.

Decks Unique are the best contractors I’ve ever hired (and I’ve hired plenty), and here’s why: They are highly professional. All quotes, bids, schedules and work are of the highest quality. They reviewed competitive quotes, and matched or bettered them. They built us a beautiful deck in three days-Amazing! They were really helpful and available throughout the whole selection process. They have a great showroom, which really helped us decide color and design (web sites do not represent colors and styles accurately. You really need to see it in person.) They are honest, hard working, and friendly. They did exactly what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. We found some issues with the foundation of our home after removing the old deck. They fixed it and didn’t even charge an additional fee. There were a few things they missed at completion (like anyone would) so I emailed them a punch-list, and they completed the work in seventy-two hours. I would never think of using another deck builder. These folks made a deck teardown/build (and not a small one, I might add) a completely painless experience, which in my history, is unheard of. This company gets an A+++ Thank you Lou and all at Decks Unique. Bravo!

Description of Work
Teardown Old and Build a New Deck

Category decks

We enjoyed working for you and your family, we hope you enjoy your new deck, it looks beautiful! Your kind and thoughtful words mean a lot to everyone at Decks Unique!

11/27/2018

Danielle L.

The process was seamless!! Lou Pagnutti and his team are efficient and professional. I could not have asked for a better experience. I have allready recommended them to our friends. We have a gorgeous deck thanks to the team at Decks Unique!!

Description of Work
New deck installation

Category decks

Thank you for your kind words, it was a pleasure working with you and your family, enjoy the deck!

10/25/2018

Robert G.

Excellent. Very professional. Beautiful work

Description of Work
Install deck

Category decks

Thank you for your review, enjoy the new deck

06/25/2018

Dana M.

Decks Unique, Inc. was amazing from start to finish. A top notch Trex installer and very competitively priced. When Jason, (Design Consultant) first came to our home to design and measure our deck, he was able to instantly generate a layout of our thoughts on a 3-D computer program. It was much easier to visualize on the screen and make any modifications we needed. Also, the estimate was immediate and he was able to incorporate pricing options within our budget. No waiting days or a week for an estimate like other installers. The crew was remarkable; very professional, always on-time and worked diligently to build our deck in one day. They worked as a team and were incredible down to every detail. Superior craftsmanship!

Description of Work
Deck & Railings

Category decks

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Enjoy and have a great summer!