Excellent Exterior and Deck Company, Inc.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2012

We are a small construction company who's business model is focused on both customer service and the quality of our work. The owner, Joseph Vitale, is present on all job sites to ensure that the level of craftsmanship is held to the highest standard. We are a Trex Pro Platinum installer that

2022 Super Service Award

decks & porches (105)excavating (7)woodworking (5)garage building (4)hardscaping (2)drain pipe installation (2)basement waterproofing (2)septic tank service (2)Patios (1)deck cleaning (10)door installation (4)roofing (4)

10/30/2022

Lisa B.

Although no work was done for us, I would have to rate Exterior Deck a zero. The initial meeting was great and I was excited to have construction begun on the deck. After a few last calls and photos to settle on what we were looking for, we were NEVER contacted again. I even followed up, and …. Nothing! Would NOT recommend.

Description of Work
Deck repair

Work Completed On 10/30/2022

[Member Name Removed] will get back to you today, very sorry for the miscommunication. I’m not exactly sure what happened but we will get this sorted out ASAP.

08/12/2022

Oliver R.

Worked efficiently. Work on a 26x18 deck was completed in just over 2 days. Cleaned up afterwards. New deck looks great.

Description of Work
Old deck removed and new Trex deck installed.

Category contractors, decks

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

07/26/2022

Tyler M.

To begin, I couldn’t be happier with the way my new deck came out. My wife and I had to install a new 30’x15’ above-ground pool after the old one and old, wooden deck around it fell apart after 20+ years. With the new pool, we obviously needed a new deck and decided to bite the bullet with the $$ and go with a Trex deck for a myriad of reasons. Ian (project manager) stopped by sometime in February to take a look at the site in my backyard and understand our vision. He absolutely crushed it with what we had in mind including the color scheme and overall feel and size to it. Once the project got started in June, Ian and his crew (of great, respectful & hard-working dudes) laid out the basic foundation quickly so I was able to approve the overall dimensions and placement in no time. From there, we just sat back and watched as the crew did precise and detailed work daily. It was about 2 weeks until it was all said and done. Our friends & family that have stopped by since continue to rave about the deck and asked who we hired. Also, Joe the owner came around a handful of times and he is another super nice, down to earth and respectful guy. Great decision all around going with this company.

Description of Work
New 38’ x 8’ Trex Pool Deck

Work Completed On 07/26/2022

Thank you [Member Name Removed] enjoy your oasis!!!

05/20/2022

Casey C.

We had the pleasure of working with Joe, Ian and team. Such a fantastic job an addition to our house. They were extremely professional, friendly and very efficient. We were very shocked to hear they could build our deck back in March. The team worked through 2 snowstorms to give my family exactly what we were looking for. Overall a fantastic job and worth every penny. Thank you team for doing this work so fast and such a beautiful addition to the house. The memories we have made on this deck already are priceless!! Sorry our newfound doggo ate your donuts :)

Description of Work
Exterior deck, 20x20

Category decks, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/20/2022

Review for Excellent Exterior and Deck Company, Inc. - 481 Miller Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 39739824

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with and for you. The nice weather is finally here… enjoy your new Trex deck!!!

03/31/2022

Joanna and Frank W.

Awesome! A five star does not do it justice. It was a 10 star. Great communication, super hard working team, involved me throughout the project. I would highly recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
16x20 deck with steps to 12x18 deck, and a front porch

Work Completed On 04/02/2022

03/28/2022

Joan S.

Ian was a great communicator. He listened and answered questions in a timely manner. We had the work done while we were gone so he used daily photos to keep us up to date. Craftsmanship looks good, a very finished look. He was fair in his pricing and available within a reasonable amount of time.

Description of Work
12x16 Trex deck with Pyramid stairs

Work Completed On 03/29/2022

03/08/2022

Jan L.

Excellent. Company response and communication was very professional. Arrived on time, did an excellent and efficient job. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
removal of fuel oil and tank from basement.

Category excavators

Work Completed On 03/08/2022

09/11/2021

Gail H.

The project went very well. Ian, the Project Manager and Ben, the crew foreman, along with the crew did a great job. From initial contact with Ian to completion of the project, they were all professional, knowledgeable, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We had a Trex deck built onto the back of our house.

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

09/10/2021

Kurt M.

Excellent Exterior & Decks did great work. Unfortunately my previous deck was installed improperly without any flashing and my house wall where the deck attaches to the house was completely rotted out. They removed all of the rotted wood and completely fixed the wall before building the new deck so that they had a solid wall to attach the new deck to. They placed two types of flashing on while building the new deck assuring no more rotting wood issues. The new deck is beautiful and very solidly built!

Description of Work
Remove existing deck and build new TREX deck

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

09/07/2021

Pat J.

The team was efficient, friendly and neat. The deck was exactly what I had envisioned.

Description of Work
New 16 x 16 Trex deck

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

05/13/2021

Chris T.

Extremely happy with the deck. I love the quality of the final product. It’s a beautiful deck and has been a pleasure working with Joe and his team from start to finish.

Description of Work
a large Trex deck was built

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

Thanks [Member Name Removed] Enjoy!!

04/20/2021

Lou B.

From the start Joe and his company was excellent! He was right on time from the first time we met for an estimate. Joe spent time with me going over all the different options. When the work started his crew was here first thing in the morning and worked all day efficiently. The clean up was great after each day too. I could not be more pleased with the finished product, exceeded my expectations. One more thing I was impressed with was how quickly Joe would return my call or text when I had a question. I def recommend this company to anyone!!

Description of Work
a Trex pool deck was built.

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

03/31/2021

Tristan B.

Joe's employees were very professional and detailed. I've used builders in the past that smoke and joke and leave cigarette butts and trash around. Not this team. Super professional and meant business. I would highly recommend and use again in the future. Communication was also great.

Description of Work
a 18/20 Trex deck was built.

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed] it was a pleasure working for you enjoy your new big deck!

03/25/2021

Sarah S.

The crew did a fantastic job on our deck! The whole job was complete in 4 days! Joe was very responsive with communication and prompt/on-time! We love our new deck!

Description of Work
a 21’x 14’ Trex deck was built

Work Completed On 03/28/2021

02/28/2021

Taylor M.

I have nothing but great things today say about Excellent Exterior! The wind storm in October cause a 90 foot tall tree to fall on my house and deck. We took care of the demolition of the old deck, but wanted to bring in a professional for the replacement. After reading through reviews and looking at pictures, I knew this company was top notch. I had a meeting with Ian to go over the details and he got me right on their list. A couple weeks later we met at Curtis Lumber to pick our the color/railing. I was expecting to have the deck done mid-late March since they are already very busy, however Ian let me know last week the had some time open up and could fit me in if that worked for me! It took them 2 days to build a beautiful deck, exactly what I was looking for. Communication was great and we are so happy! Use Excellent Exterior and Decking, you won't regret it!!

Description of Work
A 12’ x 18’ Trex deck was built

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

Review for Excellent Exterior and Deck Company, Inc. - 481 Miller Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 39223590

02/25/2021

Laurence D.

The deck construction exceeded my expectations. I asked for a 4 star contractor and got what I asked for. The crew was courteous and professional, particularly is answering my numerous questions during construction. They paid attention to all the details that I expected and more I did not think about. Construction time went fairly quick considering it was February and weather was a factor. I wanted a privacy rail for a hot tub and they custom built one to make sure it went well with the rest of the deck. Years ago I built a deck at a prior residence. I did not want to deal with all the details that go into to building a deck this time around. Joe Vitale and his crew took care of all the details and I am happy with the final result.

Description of Work
a 20x29’ Trex deck was built with custom PVC privacy rail.

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

12/30/2020

scott B.

Working with Joe and Excellent Exterior Deck Company was an absolute pleasure. Despite being swamped, Joe showed up quickly to our house to provide a quote for a new Trex Transcend deck. Additionally he tossed in a few extra services at no extra charge (shrub removal, box step from garage, gas line hanging). He also stopped by a second time to provide more guidance when my wife and I struggled to make up our minds. Joe’s quote was a little higher than we hoped, but significantly more reasonable than the other quotes that we had received for the same work. All in all, his price was more than fair. On day 1, Joe and his crew of 5 showed up to our house on a cold rain/freezing rain Monday for demo of our existing deck and removal of shrubs. His crew worked diligently throughout the day and were observed being careful around our house and property. The foreman, Ben, introduced himself right away and always made himself available to answer questions or talk about progress. We also spoke directly with another crew member, Ian, who was equally professional and attentive to our requests. By the end of Tuesday (2 full work days), the team had our old deck removed, shrubs ripped out, new deck constructed, and lawn seeded. They returned early Wednesday to finish up a few small tasks and clean up. By the end of the project, the deck was expertly constructed with attention to detail and excellent craftsmanship. The team was professional and polite, despite working in less than ideal conditions (cold, wet, and muddy). We are very pleased with the outcome and highly recommend Joe and his team to anyone looking to install a new Trex deck.

Description of Work
a 12x16 Trex deck was built

Work Completed On 12/28/2020

Review for Excellent Exterior and Deck Company, Inc. - 481 Miller Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 39125499

Thank you for the wonderful review! Enjoy your new deck!!!

12/21/2020

joan H.

The crew was efficient, polite and did an excellent job in a timely manner. Result was great

Description of Work
a Trex deck was built

Work Completed On 12/22/2020

12/15/2020

Kathleen D.

Everything went very smoothly. The workers were polite & responsive to my questions. All the work was done in a timely manner

Description of Work
a Trex deck was built!

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

10/31/2020

dean R.

I cannot say enough amazing things about this company. From going over plans to the finish, this company was AMAZING. Joe responded to my request for a quote immediately, scheduled a visit within a day of my contacting him and gave me a quote the day he visited to look at the project (no other contractor I contacted was able to give me a quote right away). Joe had great ideas that we had never thought of and the finished product is excellent. His crew is very knowledgeable and did a great job for us. They were prompt and professional and hard workers. They cleaned up each day and kept a very neat work site. The quality of the construction lives up to their name, EXCELLENT! We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
deck built

Work Completed On 10/31/2020

Review for Excellent Exterior and Deck Company, Inc. - 481 Miller Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 38993229

Thanks it was a pleasure working with you! Enjoy!!!

10/17/2020

Cherie B.

He has had some personal issues and has not been able to give us our quote or do any work yet. We have spoken, he is a very nice man, so, maybe in the spring!

Description of Work
Front stairs

Category basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

I didn’t do this work for you! Please remove the post.

07/26/2020

David E.

We saw Joe and his crew building a new deck near to where we live so when we stopped to inquire, one of the crew gave us a business card. We called and within days, Joe came by to give us a quote. We agreed on the price and Joe and the guys were able to squeeze us in in a very short time. They showed up on time, worked tirelessly and build our deck from start to finish in 4 days. This crew was fantastic. We’re on time every day and got right to work. They were able to answer any and all questions or concerns we may have had and even went above and beyond our expectations by leveling an uneven area in our back yard and reseeding with new grass seed and putting straw down. I would 100% recommend these guys. So very pleased with the whole process from start to finish.

Description of Work
New Tree Deck