DF Construction

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 2009

Additional E-mail - donframe@biznycap.rr.com. Our goal is to serve the needs of people needing assistance with windows, siding and doors. The Company was started back in 1987 by Don Frame Jr (hence the name D.F.). Don has been working in the construction business for over 40 years and actually did

BEFOREAFTERBEFORE

siding companies (61)window replacement (29)door installation (18)woodworking (12)gutter repair (9)decks & porches (9)roofing (4)garage doors (4)insulation (3)lighting (2)landscape lighting (1)house painting (1)

11/27/2022

Chunyu W.

It went very well, although there was pandemic-related delays. Don is reliable and did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
Replaces 13 windows in my house.

Category replacement windows

08/20/2022

Robert P.

The job went great. Workers were on time. Don was on the job making sure it was right. His men were polite and courteous and they cleaned up great. Would not hesitate to use them again

Description of Work
Windows replaced

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/20/2022

08/21/2021

Emily G.

Everything went very well. Don and his team arrived to my home at the scheduled time. They were professional and courteous throughout the job and answered any questions I had. DF Construction had the best price and was able to give me a bay window to replace a bow window. Another company said they couldn't replace my bow window with a bay window...they said there wasn't enough room to do it. Don was able to do it because of his knowledge and expertise. I'm very happy with my new windows!

Description of Work
I needed 11 replacement windows including a large bay window

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

08/12/2021

Jonathan R.

Don and his team are phenomenal! From the beginning of the estimate process up to the completion of the job it was top level service all around. The price was very competitive and I was particularly impressed that as the job evolved, Don would point out suggestions to make nuanced adjustments to the project that enhanced the results. Whenever, there was an unexpected curveball based on the existing house design, he thoroughly explained what it was and how they were adjusting to resolve it. I was also extremely impressed that he has a permanent, full-time crew, and not only was he present on the site every day, he often personally worked on aspects of the job and explaining to the younger guys what he was doing and why. I strongly recommend for anyone seeking a siding job in the capital region.

Description of Work
Full Re-siding of house with window and door replacement

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

11/30/2019

Anne N.

Working with Don and his crew was great. Don offered very helpful suggestions and his crew was friendly, on time and professional.

Description of Work
Siding and window replacement

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

09/02/2019

Paul K.

Work was done in a timely manner with good workers. We are pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Siding a garage

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

08/20/2019

Bev T.

We had so many bad experiences with contractors that we were very nervous about this big project. We were repairing the entire house and the separate garage. The garage was in very bad repair, leaning so badly that the door would no longer open. The house is old and was added onto bit by bit so had some strange features. In short, it was not a straightforward job. We had several contractors look at it and none were enthused about doing it. Their suggestions for the difficult bits didn't seem very encouraging. Don came and looked it over and had what seemed like excellent ideas for how to approach the problems. He said that when his crew starts a job they don't leave until it's done, which is exactly how the two week job was completed. We were dreading having a construction crew around banging on the house but the guys were very, very nice, hard-working and punctual. The foreman, Drew, was a real problem solver and several times saved us from our own bad ideas. Don kept a watchful eye on everything and quickly we realized that we need not be afraid. I have to say thank you to Don and all his men!

Description of Work
vinyl siding and windows

Category siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

Review for DF Construction - 84 Van Vranken Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 38075875

08/15/2019

Dave L.

DF Construction did a great job. The crew was friendly and respectful and did a good job cleaning up after themselves each day. They were working in bitterly cold temperatures in February but they still did quality work and didn't cut any corners.

Description of Work
Install new windows, new siding, new garage doors, new front door, new gutters.

Category garage doors, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

03/03/2019

Dave L.

I hired DF Construction to replace windows, siding, garage doors, gutters and my front door. This is the biggest single project I’d ever considered and I was very apprehensive about it. I kept imagining all the things that could go wrong! Don Frame and his crew were wonderful to work with. From the very first estimate, Don took the time and made plenty of measurements to make sure that he knew exactly what I was hoping to get. He explained the options and suggested some alternatives that saved me quite a bit of money. Don’s crew encountered challenges as they worked — bitter cold being the worst — but they always remained courteous, pleasant and professional. Every time something unexpected came up, Don or one of his crew explained the options and made sure I was happy with their solution. They cleaned up after themselves every day and always arrived on time. DF Construction did a fantastic job! I am very pleased with the final result and I won’t hesitate to contact Don again for future projects.

Description of Work
New windows, siding, garage doors, gutters, front door

Category garage doors, gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

08/02/2018

Beth C.

Highest quality! They are easy to deal with. When I wanted to add some skylights, they had no problem with it. The attic looks really good and they work without any complains. I am very happy with their work.

Description of Work
They put vinyl siding and finished our attic.

Category remodeling, siding

Work Completed On 10/02/2015

10/17/2017

Brett J.

Don Frame runs an outstanding crew and he is onsite and extremely responsive. Running into problems on the job which is expected with an old house Don was straight forward with what needed done and was able to accomplish the extra needed work and still get the main siding job done with no issue. The team was punctual and left the property after clean up in better shape than it was before they got there. The siding looks outstanding and I would not hesitate to hire Don Frame for any other jobs that i get done. The quality of the work is also top notch and the job his crew did truly transformed this old crappy looking house into a much nicer looking structure.

Description of Work
Old siding removed and new siding put up with flashing. Large 3 story home in Schenectady

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

Review for DF Construction - 84 Van Vranken Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 36430838

12/14/2016

Patricia D.

100% Wonderful estimate! I only choose another company, because they had already done work for me. This was my competition bid. It was a little higher than the one I ended up using, but the guy was wonderful. I think the estimate was around $18,000. I would give them all ?A?s?, tops, everything, I was very impressed with this guy. Punctual! I have given his name to other people looking for siding, because I thought he was good. I thought I could work with him and all of that, but I had already had a project done by another contractor. So, I was using him for comparison purposes for price, just to have another estimate. I figured if he came in below what I was quoted, but he did not, so that is the only reason I didn?t choose him.

Description of Work
I used them as an estimate for vinyl siding.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

07/26/2016

KATHLEEN W.

Outstanding---I would hire this contractor in a second for any future work.

Description of Work
Replacement of aluminum trim along roofline which was torn off during a windstorm

Work Completed On 07/26/2016

06/28/2016

Sean S.

Don was able to squeeze me in very quickly (others had said 6-8 weeks before they could get to it). His crew showed up on time and completed the task in little less than two days and it come out great. I didn't need them to put the actual decking down as I will do that myself, but they did put up the facing and a few deck boards so they could reattach the railing. They guys were very pleasant and easy going and didn't mind me asking questions and even offered up some tips for finishing it off. 100% satisfied with the work and I would not hesitate to hire DF again for future work.

Description of Work
My back upstairs deck was in dire need of new floor and when I went to do it myself I discovered it was in worse shape than I thought. Lot of rot on the frame. After several estimates I choose Don (DF Construction). His review of the structure was the most thorough of the 4 estimates I got. One guy wouldn't even give me a written estimate. Though decks are not DF's main focus they were willing to do the work for a very decent price.

Category decks

Work Completed On 06/27/2016

04/16/2016

Ann C.

DF Construction was responsive, professional, skilled and their prices are reasonable. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
DF Construction replaced damaged siding on my home.

Work Completed On 04/03/2016

04/09/2016

Kenneth V.

I called and left a message. I did not receive a return phone call.

Description of Work
Repair porch footing.

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/21/2016

03/05/2016

anne H.

I called Mr. Frame on 3/3/2016. He arranged to do the repair on 3/4/2016. He called that day to confirm the appointment and give me a more specific time of arrival. He arrived on time and went straight to work. The repaired area looks as if no damage had ever occurred. I am very pleased.

Description of Work
repaired damage to siding

Work Completed On 03/04/2016

12/07/2015

Al Q.

Don came to my house to assess my side door. It was an unusual installation, but he came up with what I considered a clever solution and plan. He took down my info and said he would email me a contract. Several days passed and no contract. Two weeks later I called and left a message that perhaps the contract got lost somewhere, would he mind resending it. I got nothing, no contract, no phonecall, no explanation. If he didn't want to do the job, he should have simply told me and I would have made other plans.

Description of Work
Door replacement.

Category doors

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

10/26/2015

Brendon P.

Could not have asked for a better team to copmlete the job. From the intial contact to project completion Don was extremely professional and courteous and his team is highly skilled. Don was very trustworthy and knowledgeable providing us with different options based on our budget. He and his team arrived on time to complete the job and everyone was very polite. They made sure to clean up at the end of the day as well. The finished project looks fantastic and I am extremely pleased with the results. I would highly reccomend DF Construction and would not hesitate to call Don for future projects.

Description of Work
Replaced rotted cedar trim and cover with aluminum on chimney. Replaced rotted porch pillar base.

Category siding, woodworking

Work Completed On 10/26/2015

10/21/2015

David C.

You couldn't ask for a better team. Don is one of the best. Honest and trustworthy as the day is long. His team lead by Andrew is amazing. Clean efficient punctual hard working polite. I was even so happy when I noticed they were so respectful to each other: saying please and thank you. It was truly a blessing to have Don Frame set up Andrew on my job. Great people

Description of Work
Add vinyl siding. Aluminum around Windows fix old siding and more

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/19/2015

10/21/2015

David J.

We have worked with Don and his team previously for a smaller project to replace cedar siding. He is very honest and fair and we like his work, so we already knew we would work with him on this project. Don helped us choose our windows and planned the project such that we could save all of the interior trim. He added window trim to the exterior, which really improved the curb appeal of our house. He also added a new design to the area underneath the new large bay window on the outside, which really looks great. In addition, he replaced a large segment of wood on the corner of our house that was previously repaired in several pieces. It was something that we hadn't noticed before, but it looks much better now. Don is very experienced and he has a great eye and design ideas. Don and his team led by Andrew were very punctual. Once the job was started, they worked consistently to finish it in a timely manner. Everyone was very courteous and skilled. This was a large project and the price was definitely fair for the scope of the work. We would absolutely recommend DF construction without hesitation.

Description of Work
Replaced and reinsulated all of the Windows in our house, including the basement Windows. Also replaced our front door and surround.

Category insulation, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/10/2015

07/29/2015

William A.

They showed up on time, were very professional and polite. Finished all work needed and cleaned up all areas in the amount of time as estimated.

Description of Work
Repair damaged siding

Work Completed On 07/10/2015