DF Construction

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 2009

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

84 Van Vranken Rd

Clifton Park, NY 12065

Additional E-mail - donframe@biznycap.rr.com. Our goal is to serve the needs of people needing assistance with windows, siding and doors. The Company was started back in 1987 by Don Frame Jr (hence the name D.F.). Don has been working in the construction business for over 40 years and actually did all the work himself until just a few years ago. As the business has grown so has our staff, but we do not have any sales people. Having done the work himself is a real advantage because Don now does all the estimating so he can answer just about any question pertaining to siding and windows because he has seen it before. It is his philosophy to supply the customer with all the knowledge necessary for them to make a wise and economical decision about the upkeep of their home. No high pressure sales pitch. He listens to what you are looking for, supplies you with the best solutions and leaves you on your way with a complete list of references to check out our most recent jobs. Most people call him back because they realize that honesty and integrity are important in choosing someone to improve the most important invest in your life. Another important aspect is that D.F. Construction has full time employees, we never sub-contract. Don is on the job site everyday. All of my installers have been instructed by me as to how I like things done. I personally will keep in touch with you on a daily basis as to your satisfaction on the progress. We guarantee our work 100% and have the best qualified installers available. Servicing the Capital District....

siding companies (61)window replacement (27)door installation (18)woodworking (12)gutter repair (9)decks & porches (8)roofing (4)garage doors (4)insulation (3)lighting (2)landscape lighting (1)house painting (1)

08/21/2021

Emily G.

Everything went very well. Don and his team arrived to my home at the scheduled time. They were professional and courteous throughout the job and answered any questions I had. DF Construction had the best price and was able to give me a bay window to replace a bow window. Another company said they couldn't replace my bow window with a bay window...they said there wasn't enough room to do it. Don was able to do it because of his knowledge and expertise. I'm very happy with my new windows!

Description of Work
I needed 11 replacement windows including a large bay window

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

08/12/2021

Jonathan R.

Don and his team are phenomenal! From the beginning of the estimate process up to the completion of the job it was top level service all around. The price was very competitive and I was particularly impressed that as the job evolved, Don would point out suggestions to make nuanced adjustments to the project that enhanced the results. Whenever, there was an unexpected curveball based on the existing house design, he thoroughly explained what it was and how they were adjusting to resolve it. I was also extremely impressed that he has a permanent, full-time crew, and not only was he present on the site every day, he often personally worked on aspects of the job and explaining to the younger guys what he was doing and why. I strongly recommend for anyone seeking a siding job in the capital region.

Description of Work
Full Re-siding of house with window and door replacement

Category siding,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

11/30/2019

Anne N.

Working with Don and his crew was great. Don offered very helpful suggestions and his crew was friendly, on time and professional.

Description of Work
Siding and window replacement

Category siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

09/02/2019

Paul K.

Work was done in a timely manner with good workers. We are pleased with the results.

Description of Work
Siding a garage

Work Completed On 08/28/2019

08/20/2019

Bev T.

We had so many bad experiences with contractors that we were very nervous about this big project. We were repairing the entire house and the separate garage. The garage was in very bad repair, leaning so badly that the door would no longer open. The house is old and was added onto bit by bit so had some strange features. In short, it was not a straightforward job. We had several contractors look at it and none were enthused about doing it. Their suggestions for the difficult bits didn't seem very encouraging. Don came and looked it over and had what seemed like excellent ideas for how to approach the problems. He said that when his crew starts a job they don't leave until it's done, which is exactly how the two week job was completed. We were dreading having a construction crew around banging on the house but the guys were very, very nice, hard-working and punctual. The foreman, Drew, was a real problem solver and several times saved us from our own bad ideas. Don kept a watchful eye on everything and quickly we realized that we need not be afraid. I have to say thank you to Don and all his men!

Description of Work
vinyl siding and windows

Category siding,replacement windows,woodworking,doors

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

Review for DF Construction - 84 Van Vranken Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 38075875

08/15/2019

Dave L.

DF Construction did a great job. The crew was friendly and respectful and did a good job cleaning up after themselves each day. They were working in bitterly cold temperatures in February but they still did quality work and didn't cut any corners.

Description of Work
Install new windows, new siding, new garage doors, new front door, new gutters.

Category garage doors,gutter repair,siding,replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/11/2020

03/03/2019

Dave L.

I hired DF Construction to replace windows, siding, garage doors, gutters and my front door. This is the biggest single project I’d ever considered and I was very apprehensive about it. I kept imagining all the things that could go wrong! Don Frame and his crew were wonderful to work with. From the very first estimate, Don took the time and made plenty of measurements to make sure that he knew exactly what I was hoping to get. He explained the options and suggested some alternatives that saved me quite a bit of money. Don’s crew encountered challenges as they worked — bitter cold being the worst — but they always remained courteous, pleasant and professional. Every time something unexpected came up, Don or one of his crew explained the options and made sure I was happy with their solution. They cleaned up after themselves every day and always arrived on time. DF Construction did a fantastic job! I am very pleased with the final result and I won’t hesitate to contact Don again for future projects.

Description of Work
New windows, siding, garage doors, gutters, front door

Category garage doors,gutter repair,siding,replacement windows,doors

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

08/02/2018

Elizabeth C.

Highest quality! They are easy to deal with. When I wanted to add some skylights, they had no problem with it. The attic looks really good and they work without any complains. I am very happy with their work.

Description of Work
They put vinyl siding and finished our attic.

Category remodeling,siding

Work Completed On 10/02/2015

10/17/2017

Brett J.

Don Frame runs an outstanding crew and he is onsite and extremely responsive. Running into problems on the job which is expected with an old house Don was straight forward with what needed done and was able to accomplish the extra needed work and still get the main siding job done with no issue. The team was punctual and left the property after clean up in better shape than it was before they got there. The siding looks outstanding and I would not hesitate to hire Don Frame for any other jobs that i get done. The quality of the work is also top notch and the job his crew did truly transformed this old crappy looking house into a much nicer looking structure.

Description of Work
Old siding removed and new siding put up with flashing. Large 3 story home in Schenectady

Work Completed On 09/14/2017

Review for DF Construction - 84 Van Vranken Rd, Clifton Park, NY - 36430838

12/14/2016

Patricia D.

100% Wonderful estimate! I only choose another company, because they had already done work for me. This was my competition bid. It was a little higher than the one I ended up using, but the guy was wonderful. I think the estimate was around $18,000. I would give them all ?A?s?, tops, everything, I was very impressed with this guy. Punctual! I have given his name to other people looking for siding, because I thought he was good. I thought I could work with him and all of that, but I had already had a project done by another contractor. So, I was using him for comparison purposes for price, just to have another estimate. I figured if he came in below what I was quoted, but he did not, so that is the only reason I didn?t choose him.

Description of Work
I used them as an estimate for vinyl siding.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016