Craigs Mowing & Landscaping LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2012

PO Box 1506

Clifton Park, NY 12065

Craig's Mowing and landscaping is the premier Capital District landscaping company. Based out of Clifton Park, NY, our elite team of hardscape engineers serves clients from Albany through Saratoga, Latham and Troy. Our goal is to create exceptional landscapes which will last for years to come,

05/25/2020

Daniel O.

Craig did landscaping and installed a paver patio at my residence in which they did a phenomenal job. However I also had a lawn irrigation system installed which is where things went down hill. The gentlemen who installed it was friendly and on time but he installed the solenoid valve incorrectly for the drip hose on my arborvitaes. He had the on/off wires crossed. Although the system said the unit was running, no water was being supplied to them. They of course ended up dying. I thought maybe it was the soil. So I had the arborvitaes replaced by Craig for a few. These died too. Today I decided to replace the valve and that is when I discovered the solenoid wires were crossed. No testing was ever done on the irrigation system. I’m a bit disappointed in the oversight. Otherwise I do recommend this business for all other work. Stay away from lawn irrigation.

Description of Work
Lawn Irrigation

Category irrigation systems

I am sorry this has happened. You are correct we did have it installed by a third party. Since then we have changed technicians on the irrigation. the solenoid wires have no way of being crossed since as long as one goes to common and one to the hot lead. i am wondering if the solenoid as a whole was bad or the valve was sticking. I see this job was done 4 years ago, i know we had replaced a couple (thought it was just a couple duds) but i was unaware that all the others were sick/dead as you showed in the picture. i wish i had found out sooner so i could have fixed this before it had gotten so bad.

08/13/2019

Chris W.

Went very well, Craig and his crew were hard working, very respectful and considerate and it was pretty hot outside. They did a nice job, listened to me and did it for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Landscaping work in front with new mulch, plant/tree removal, new plants added and walkway levelling.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service, patios

06/26/2018

Paige D.

Very well.

Description of Work
Spring Clean-up and Mulch

Category lawn service, mulch

10/29/2017

Michael T.

Craig is a great salesman, with knowledge and vision. We chose him regardless of the estimate being higher than competitors based on quality of work seen a reviews. As one might expect, the employees didn't have the same ambition. There was areas of improvement between our expectations and the final product. Besides that, I recommend Craig and his crew. The irrigation system and tree stump removals were done by other 3rd parties and i will be providing a separate review.

Description of Work
Whole property needed to be excavated (leveled), top soil added, irrigation system, brush removal, cleared and seeded.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems

10/11/2017

Pamela B.

He was prompt, thorough & cost effective. Will use him again

Description of Work
Hydroseeding lawn

09/01/2017

Suzanne C.

They missed chunks of lawn and didn't weed whack in corners of the house. The 2 young guys were very nice but wish I had checked the lawn before they left. Owner offered to have someone come back but my husband already went out an re-mowed, cleaned up. Received a bill for full amount of service...

Description of Work
Mow lawn and weed whack

09/26/2016

Raj B.

The work went well. Im just not happy with the numbers billed were not accurate. It should be 4 hours and 45 mins total time spent on the work. And 35.00 was going to be charged for travel time and then 10% discount was given on the total charge. The amount that they billed me was incorrect. Invoice incorrectly reflects arrival time of 7:45am and departure time of 1:30 pm. The actual arrival time was 8:15 am and the departure time was 1:00pm. And also there was no discussion of 8% of tax to be added to the job. We discusssed the rates. The invoice reflects 8% tax which was never discussed just a flat rate only was discusssed. Also the customer had to request 4 times for the invoice prior to requesting the invoice. The customer wanted to pay after the job was completed. But the crew refused to accept the payment from the customer. Overall i am happy with the job but not the invoicing

Description of Work
Mainly planting and landscaping

01/11/2016

Chun L.

It was okay. There were additional charges. I ended up paying $2400 in total. The amount of time that was initially estimated to do the work was quite different from what they ended up putting in. So, I was a little bit unhappy about it. All these deals about so much money for so many hours of labor, is not a good way to get the job done because the contractors can always take more time to do it and then charge more and there is nothing you can do about it.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal from them for $1249. They did a number of things like resetting the paver stones on my walkway, putting more gravels under trees and under decks and then also installing a couple of cactus.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, tree service

10/07/2015

karen S.

They did a great job. They were punctual, friendly, professional, They cleaned up everything when they were done and took away all the branches they cut, etc. It was in the 90's the day they came and they still worked hard all day. They even washed out the glasses and bowls I gave them with drinks and snacks. They owed me a few hours' work when it was all done and they came back to do a few more things to complete the hours. Excellent.

Description of Work
Trimmed trees and shrubs, weeded all my flower beds, transplanted some of my bushes, sprayed weeds, edged, put down mulch.

Category landscaping, mulch, tree service

07/21/2015

Nanci C.

I called and left 2 messages but he never returned call. Disappointed, really need a mowing company weekly or bi-weekly. Craig got a hold of me on 8/3/15 and insisted that he did not miss any calls and wondered if I had the wrong number. He was very concerned about my grading and I told him I would be happy to change the grade as he was nice enough to try and straighten this out. When I asked if he did lawn mowing he said he didn't do lawn mowing in my area, only landscaping, which I am not really interested in.

Description of Work
No work was provided.

Category landscaping

[Member Name Removed], I am sorry you are having a hard time getting ahold of us. We have not gotten any missed calls or voicemail. Our phone number is (518)878-7721 and our email is cmenterprise1@gmail.com. If you would like i would be more then happy to call you or e-mail you however i do not have access to your personal information.Would you be able to provide me with a phone number?

06/30/2015

Carol M.

Craig gave a super overall plan for our yard. He will be helping me pick out the flowers and other items that will be used to decorate key areas around our house.

Description of Work
Weeded, planted, landscaped

06/29/2015

Adam Y.

It went great. Craig and his crew arrived on time, as well as the topsoil delivery/haulaway truck and started working very promptly. He had encouraged me to be on site the day of the work to make sure everything was done up to my satisfaction and was very open and helpful throughout the process to ensure all work that I wanted was completed. The crew worked fast, they were here and finished within about 3 hours and didn't waste any time. Craig kept me in the loop about what he planned to do and continually asked to make sure he wasn't missing anything that I wanted done. The entire crew was polite and respectful and worked hard. Everyone was very knowledgeable and skilled and Craig did a great job with the skidsteer machine, especially in removing the very difficult front stoop without any damage to the house or a plumbing cleanout pipe that was just 6 inches or so away. Within about 5 days the grass was already poking up through the straw and it is now starting to fill in very well, just about 10 days after it was planted. His response to my initial inquiry and subsequent walk through estimate were very prompt, fairly priced and complete and he responded to my emails throughout the process promptly answering little questions I had along the way.

Description of Work
Light excavation to repair damage from a plumbing job. Spread and leveled a load of topsoil with skid-steer machine. Removed large boulders and debris leftover from the plumbing job as well as removed remaining concrete sidewalk and front stoop. Excavated an overgrown decorative garden full of shrubs and bushes and removed other miscellaneous shrubs from around the property. Spread grass seed in all excavated areas, covered with straw and instructed me how to care for the grass.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

06/24/2015

Lorraine L.

Craig showed up as scheduled after we had initially met with him to explain what project we had planned, that we had started excavation for, but couldn't complete ourselves. He seemed happy to help and stated that this happens all the time but also said they could not guarantee the job since they were using products they don't normally use. Understood. We did feel the quote was rather high but decided to go ahead. Craig seemed more polite when selling the job then when doing it for some reason, but they did do a nice job and we were pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
Installed a patio using products already purchased by us.

Category landscaping, patios

06/23/2015

David W.

He is was very honest and quick to respond.

Description of Work
Landscaping

06/10/2015

Brian G.

Very well, responsive to the changing needs of my lawn and recognized other bugs infesting lawn.

Description of Work
Provide fertilizer service for lawn monthly.

10/02/2014

catherine R.

Pros: end product looks good, responsive to questions and concerns. Cons: had to come back multiple times to correct issues that should have been done right the first time. Project would have benefited from more direct oversight, as the person who did most of the work was self-admittedly "still learning". The final cost of the retaining wall/front steps was more than twice the original estimate. I understand cost is based on square footage, but I had no warning it was so over budget until the final bill. I completely understand the increase in price for the back patio, because I increased the square footage. In part, due to what I assumed would be the cost for the retaining wall. The final sq footage for the retaining wall and steps was more than 200% the estimate. I think communicating this to the customer during the project would go a long way, and I am glad you will do that in the future.

Description of Work
install retaining wall, front steps, walkway. Install patio approx 15X25.

Category landscaping

I am sorry you were not completely satisfied you are correct the front wall did go over the budget some, however the the reason for the majority of the increase in cost was because the back patio was made bigger based on the bigger dimensions you laid out with stakes prior to us starting. I am sorry we did not have better communication regarding the square footage of the front wall, we will take your feedback into account for our future projects.

09/09/2014

CHARLOTTE D.

I was very happy with the result. Craig keep appointments on time, kept me informed when there was a change in plans (the weather was not always cooperative for outdoor work) and gave me a detailed, reasonable estimate. The work was done in a reasonable time with one postponement due to weather. The result is excellent, mowing is much easier and the place looks much better. One of my neighbors called o tell me how great it looked. There only a couple of very small things I might have changed so I would recommend being there when the work is done (at the time I had very heavy travel schedule) but nothing major. I will certainly use them again next time I need landscaping work.

Description of Work
I took advantage of a BIg Deal for labor and had stone beds and shurbs installed around the house. The front had several very over grown shrubs which needed to be removed.

06/30/2014

Susan B.

I had to call and remind him of the appointment. The review of what I wanted was fine. He seemed open to my ideas and responsive to the concepts expressed--rather than having a preconceived plan--and made good suggestions. However I had to, again, call for the final details. My disappointment was that the plan costs were over 2x higher than we had talked about with no explanation or follow-up about the difference. I did not have any work performed.

Description of Work
He provided a estimate for work and a basic, handwritten drawing for some backyard landscaping.

06/30/2014

Scott P.

Service was mediocre. Came out and gave eval of only back yard, would have preferred they looked at entire property and offered suggestions. Drawings were just rough sketches. Was under impression and expecting more detail, maybe colorful 3D pics to get real picture. I suppose I expect too much watching HGTV. Finally got quote in mail for basic paver setup, and price was extremely high.

Description of Work
I took advantage of the $49 deal for outdoor living space with a plan for a patio.

05/21/2014

Peter S.

So far it is positive. They have been responsive to phone calls. When they came out to give the initial estimate they seemed to be very knowledgeable about what needed to be done and making recommendations. They have been flexible in working with us to come up with a price that we can live with.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Craigs Mowing & Landscaping for landscaping. They will be pulling out current landscaping and adding new.

05/06/2014

Anna M.

Craig was very nice and answered our questions when he came out but when we got the plan from him it was super simplistic (just a few lines on paper), and did not include many of the features that we requested as important to us. I thought the $49 was to include "a complete outdoor design package, including detailed designs" but that's not what we got. He did mention that he would do the better, graphic design if we chose to have him do the work. However, because we felt he did not listen carefully to our requests, we chose to go with someone else.

Category landscaping

I am sorry that you felt that way. I was not aware you were unhappy with the design, communication is very important to us and we strive to make all customers happy. I was trying to work in your budget that was why I choose the design I sent you. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact us at 518-878-7721.

01/14/2014

Elaine C.

They worked well and cleaned up well also.

Description of Work
They assessed our need and did the work. They built a new retaining wall.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

10/02/2013

Don S.

Craig's crew did an excellent job. We have a hill in front of our house that slopes in two directions extending to our driveway. They built a engineered block wall (Cambridge) that followed the driveway and then curved at the end toward, and into, our front hill. It was very complicated to follow the land countour and look graceful. They did step downs on the wall to follow the land elevation change-these look great. They also built a semi-circle type wall at the top of the hill at lawn level. These two curved walls look wonderful and natural, like they've always been there. We had 4 fairly large trees and stumps removed, which really opened up the hill and yard. We had about a dozen azaleas and a few PJM that were transplanted into the new landscaping plan. We went with Craig to Troy Landscaping Supply and selected 3 new trees and a variety of bushes, as well as mulching many areas, and converting our sprinkler to a drip line system. The crew planted these and also reseeded our front lawn, which had taken a beating from all the work and equipment being used. We scheduled the project over a month in advance to take advantage of the fall planting season. Craig and his crew started on the date we had agreed to. The work took longer than expected, due to frequent rainstorms while the work was in progress, but they persisted and kept at it until the entire project was done. We are extremely happy with the end result. Also, numerous people who were out for an evening walk have commented on how beautiful it looks. The price was very fair and the quality of work was very high.

Description of Work
Build retaining walls, remove old trees, plant new plants.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

07/08/2013

Joanna F.

Craig was great to work with. He was responsive, reasonably priced and did a great job. He cleaned up the wooded area behind our house, ripped out large weeds, hauled away branches that were down and cut down some brush. It's a huge improvement. We will definitely use him again!

Description of Work
Yard clean up

08/14/2012

Anita K.

Work done very well and quickly at very reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Rebuilt falling retaining wall.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping