Clifton Park Chimney Maintenance

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2006

Owner Operated - Husband and Wife Team, No Sub-Contracting, Established in 1983....

Masana Roofing And Construction

The roof of your home is its first line of defense against Mother Nature. Therefore, you don’t want to choose a second-rate roofing contractor. If you live in the Albany, NY area, you just need to remember the name Masana Roofing & Construction. We can handle all your roofing projects. Though we were just established in December 2020, our staff is well-versed in roofing work. We pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in our trade and will do our best to keep you as educated as we can on your particular task or project.

My Dryer Vent Guy

Professional Dryer Vent Installation, Cleaning and Repairs. We can install through attics, crawlspaces, cellars, roofs and walls. What Separates Us From Other Companies That Offer Dryer Vent Installation and Cleaning? We educate all of our customers. Not only will you receive quality expert service, but you will also learn how to keep your dryer operating safely and efficiently to prevent fires and save money on your utility bills. We are committed to educate you of the hazards within a dryer vent in addition to performing an important service.

01/17/2017

it went very well. Very quick response to my message and an appointment set up. Andy was very thorough and explained everything to me and did a great job cleaning and there was no mess at all. He also did an inspection at my son's house which also went very well. I would recommend him to anyone looking.

Description of Work
I need to have a chimney inspection and a cleaning done.

11/18/2015

Andy from Clifton Park Chimney performed an inspection of the fireplace chimney. He completed the inspection and identified there was no need to do a cleaning. He answered all questions and was a pleasure to deal with. He also performed an inspection of the outside chimney and provided tips on care and maintenance. As an added service, he inspected the dryer venting system, checking the air flow, to see if there were any problems (there were none). Andy was on time for the appointment, was very professional and provided good suggestions on maintenance. I would definitely recommend this company for anyone needing a chimney inspection. I cannot speak to actually cleaning the chimney as this work was not needed, but based on his thorough inspection I'm sure they would also do a thorough cleaning job if applicable. Definite recommendation for this company.

Description of Work
Inspected chimney and dryer venting

Category chimney sweep,dryer vent cleaning

11/10/2015

Jill was pleasant and helpful when scheduling our appointment. Andy was prompt, pleasant, informative, and helpful at the appointment. Our recently purchased home has a fireplace that is not to code and has cracked flue tiles. Our home inspector didn't catch these problems, but Andy was able to explain exactly what was wrong and what it would take to make our fireplace safe. (Note: he doesn't do the work we'd need, so he had nothing to gain from telling us not to use the fireplace.) He also inspected our dryer vent. Our clothes had been drying very slowly, so we suspected that the vent was in need of a cleaning. Andy checked the airflow, determined that a cleaning would likely be helpful, and cleaned it out. He worked quickly and neatly and our clothes do seem to be drying faster. We'll use his services again once we make the repairs we need.

Description of Work
Inspected fireplace/chimney, inspected & cleaned dryer vent

Category chimney sweep,dryer vent cleaning

02/17/2015

Unfortunately, Andy does not do the exact work I need performed but he did explain all of the options open to me. He was professional, courteous and very knowledgeable. He recommended sources that could help me and I am going to have the necessary work done by one of those sources. Highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
I called this company because my fireplace had become extremely drafty and I couldn't seem to close the damper any more tightly. Jill took my info and Andy returned the call within hours. We made an appointment for him to come to my house and he arrived right on time. He did a thorough inspection of my fireplace and chimney, told me the exact problems and what would be required to correct them. He answered each of my questions in great detail.

02/03/2015

I had a chimney fire on Saturday January 31. I sent a message that evening asking Andy to come and inspect the damage and/or safety of the chimney. Jill, Andy's wife called me on Monday, which happened to be a day we were hit by a horrible snow storm. She was extremely pleasant and overwhelmingly accommodating taking down all the information and explaining the charges for different scenarios of services they provided. Andy arrive promptly on Tuesday, Feb 3rd (only 2 days after I had the chimney fire) and inspected the chimney as well as the fire box. I can not express in words how impressed I was with his professionalism. He made several calls to me explaining his findings as well as letting me know approximately how much it might cost me when I hired someone to fix the issues. He provided recommendations and names of businesses/individuals who did that type of work. Much to my dismay the damage coupled with shoddy initial construction of the fireplace posed too great a cost for me to repair fireplace. Instead, I decided to install a gas insert. Andy recommended 3 sources. I went with Woodburning Warehouse in Watervliet. Amazing price and once again quick installation scheduled. I have already recommended Andy to 4 other friends who will be calling him.

Description of Work
Inspected tile inside chimney for damage from a chimney fire. Took measurements and spoke with distributor to make sure the gas insert I was installing was the proper size. Inspected fire box for damage from fire.

01/28/2015

Smoothly--he arrived on time, did his work so quickly that the house didn't even have time to get cold with the boiler off. He was very careful to explain the condition of the chimney and the fact that we need to reline it or stop using it soon and gave a referral for someone who could do that.

Description of Work
My chimney was blocked; he cleaned it out, using the point where the boiler vent entered since we have no access door.

07/15/2014

Our insurance company gave us a small punch list of items to address in order for our policy renewal to be up to snuff. Among the items they listed was our chimney. Some agent that came by our house said the chimney cap needed repairing. He didn?t specify what. I found Clifton Park Chimney Maintenance through Angie?s List and gave them a call to explain that I needed an inspection and a repair of some sort. I spoke with Jill (Andy?s wife) who was informative, friendly and genuinely friendly and eager to assist. On short order, Andy came by my house when I was at work. I know this because friends and family saw him on my roof so I know he did his job. Andy called me at work and explained that he couldn?t find anything wrong with my chimney! In fact, he said it was in better condition that 95% of the chimneys he works with. He applied some caulk and said the chimney was dirty and a little ugly, but otherwise it was structurally fine. Note: This chimney is not used for any purpose whatsoever. Andy charged me a nominal fee of $25. You can?t beat that with a stick! This small, family-owned company was professional, informative, timely, way more than fair and HONEST. I would highly recommend Clifton Park Chimney Maintenance (Jill and Andy) to anyone in need of chimney work.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection

Category chimney sweep,chimney caps

06/23/2014

Andy came on time, checked the flue and chimney, cleaned it and explained that oil (the fuel my furnace burns) is generally clean and my chimney shouldn't require cleaning very often. He did the job and didn't try to sell me anything else.

Description of Work
Cleaned chimney.

04/10/2014

I have been using Andy for about 23 years ... he is very professional and does a great job. I highly recommend his services.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned the chimney

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for your endorsement. It is my pleasure to be your Chimney Sweep. Andy

03/30/2014

Very well. He told us the fireplace hadn't been used much and that we really didn't need a clean.

Description of Work
Checked the chimney and fireplace before we used it.

Category chimney sweep

Thank you for your review. We will send you a reminder card on your next estimated cleaning date. Andy and Jill

Services include, chimney and dryer vent cleaning, repairs and inspections, damper repairs and chimney cap installations.