3 E's Landscaping

Founded 2009 • With Angi since April 2011

3.9

PO Box 991

Clifton Park, NY 12065

We have competitive prices and affordable rates. We work hard to help you. Guaranteed to be reliable and dependable with customer's satisfaction of jobs. People and animal-oriented. We consist of two, friendly hard-working men with the owner on-site. We have multi-billing options available. We

06/11/2014

m K.

, 2013 -did not go well at all. -left job half done causing big mess this spring -after repeated calls said they would fix things may 5, 2014---i'm still waiting( 5 weeks) would write more, but the other review from Nov, 2013 says it all.

Description of Work
contracted to leaf blow yard three times in fall 2013

Category landscaping, leaf removal

Due to the early winter, we could not complete the 3rd clean up on part of their property. More than 3/4 of the fall clean up was done. Again your client wanted to change the terms of the contract while we were working on their property. The spring came late with one day good and the next day bad. Since we were doing a favor and going outside of our basic territory the scheduled dates to return were not acceptable either due to weather or other circumstances. Messages were left on the answering service to the customer stating that we could not get there and since the weather was up and down all spring could not full fill the contract that the customer changed and we never agreed to

05/07/2014

Malissa K.

Description of Work
They Mowed, trimmed and mulched. They did a good job. I would like to use them again this year. They are hard to get a hold of at times, they are not always quick to respond.

Category landscaping

Hi [Member Name], we responded by phone with your husband. We will be over there tomorrow 5/13 for the branches et al weather permitting as we are supposed to have scattered showers, With the first step of fertilization. we need to discuss whether it would be a five step or 7 step.

02/21/2014

William U.

Excellent job. John uses a snowblower and does his job in a timely manner. We just had a new driveway put in and we were concerned that using a plow might damage the new black top. Last winter's provider did use a plow and damaged parts of the old driveway. 3 E's also takes care of our lawn and again does an excellent job. His rates are very reasonable and compares well with other providers. We have had no problems with the service. Mr. and Mrs. Hollings are friendly and curteous. It's a pleasure to do business with them

Description of Work
Snow removal of driveway and front walk.

11/17/2013

Jenifer A.

We trusted Angie's List to provide us with names of reputable businesses. We chose 3E's Landscaping based on their rating on Angie's list. A well spoken representative came to our home to give us an estimate. He seems qualified to do the work and made lot of promises including how dependable and reliable he was. So we hired him. The first day of service, they were 3 hours late...we had to call them to see where they were. A man (who was not the man who gave us the estimate) showed up to tell me his lawnmower was in the shop but not to worry, he had another one in use down the street. He said his helper would rake up the leaves until his mower was available. I left the house and came back home 2 hours later to find a pile of leaves in the driveway and no one in sight. A few hours after that, someone did show up to complete the job, leaving many sticks and twigs behind in the driveway. Second date of service, they were due to come back on Friday. No show...so I called several times on Friday to verify they were actually coming. No return call. On Saturday, started making more phone calls to see why they never showed up. Finally, after leaving a final more stern message the owner's mother returned my call. She stated that her son did not have the time to pick up the leaves weekly (as agreed) due to him having other jobs that needed to be done. I reminded her that the agreement was to pick up the front lawn weekly and pick up leaves in the back less frequently. She said her son would be there on Sunday. She called back on Sunday morning to say that due to the cold winds she could not send her son to work under those conditions but would be there at 8a on Monday morning. Monday morning at 8a...no show. I called 3E again at 10a and the woman said her son could not come at 8a because there was and quot;frost on the pumpkinsand quot;. He did show up at around 11a and pick up the front lawn but again, ignored the back lawn. The woman called us on 11/1/13 to say that she needed $120 dollars which was half of the full $240 for the fall clean up. I told her that due to them not showing up and since nothing was done in the back except blowing leaves into a pile, I would give her $80 dollars for both front lawn pickups and the balance when the back lawn was complete. She agreed and they came quickly to get their $80 check....no delay there. Third pickup was supposed to be on Monday 11/4/13 yet another no show. I waited until 11/5 and started calling to find out when they would be coming to finish the job. I called several times over the following 2 days with NO return call. Finally she called me back and said this arrangement was not working out and it was too much to come weekly to pick up leaves. She told me the back lawn had already been picked up once and I told her that he blew leaves into piles but never actually picked up the leaves. I also stated that at this point the front lawn had so many leaves and they were blowing on neighbors lawns and the reason for the weekly pick up in the front was to avoid this. She responded by saying that this was about us being mad at our neighbors and not about them not coming to do the job. I explained that we are not at all upset with our neighbors and we wanted leaves picked up weekly so they would not be blowing on other people's lawns. At that point I told her that I would be writing up a review in Angie's list to let other know off our experience with them. Her response was that she was just going to tell everyone that we broke the contract. This infuriated me and I began to respond in ager and was hung up on. If you'd like further information please contact me via email.

Description of Work
He came one time to pick up leaves on front lawn leaving behind sticks and twigs in the driveway. Came back a second time to pick up the front lawn, he also used a leaf blower in the back year to blow leaves in to two piles and then said he'd be back at a later date to pick them up but never returned to complete the job.

Category landscaping, leaf removal

A proposal was typed up for fall clean up which stated the terms that 3 E's would come three times before 11/23 for the fall. The client was very demanding and wanted the first one immediately. We complied with leaving a worker to start on the front. The client stated that since the back was fenced we could do that at our leisure. We had cleaned up the back and put leaves to one side for bagging at a later date. Since the client was not always home we could not always communicate with her. We started the work before the proposal was signed because the client was very demanding. She said to bring the proposal and it would be signed. It never was signed.. After receiving the proposal, the client demanded we do the cleanup every week. They assumed every week was on the same day. Anyone who owns a home knows that landscaping and mowing is driven by the weather. No one has control over Mother Nature. Also, raking or blowing leaves for pick up is not done on windy days as you are wasting time and energy. The clients daughter was home and saw us doing the back yard. The client refused to pay the $120.00 for the first half of the contract stating that we were not there every week and they would only pay eighty. We were scheduled to go back during the week of Nov 4 to Nov 9 which would have been the third time. They assumed that it would be on Monday the 4th. It was never promised it would be the same day every week. When I called them to tell them that, not only the wife but the husband got on the speaker phone and threaten to contact Angies list and give a bad report. At that time I stated that they broke the proposal by not paying the 1/2 of agreed price, they started yelling and threatening, since no one should have to put up with that, I stated they have to do what they have to do, said good bye and hung up.

07/02/2013

jessica D.

I called to inquire about weekly lawn mowing for the rest of the season. Had to leave a voice message. After 4 days, still no return call. Even if they are fully booked, the professional thing to do would be to call to tell me so.

Description of Work
None

Category landscaping, lawn service

We called back and spoke to a gentleman and gave him the message to please call with the address so we could look at the property and get directions in order to give a proper estimate

05/13/2013

edward S.

.See above.

Description of Work
Spring Clean-up plus lawn de-thatching done to our satisfaction. John H. very pleasant and accomodating--hard worker. Don't provide chemical services so this was booked with different provider. 3E's doing mowing at competative rate.

Category landscaping

Thank you [member name removed]. 3 E's has since done other work, such a mulch and continues to mow for the season.

05/06/2013

William U.

Nice job

Description of Work
Mowed lawn

3 E's has since done a De-Thatch job and is continuing to mow

05/02/2013

Seth L.

They are terrific. Did great work from start to finish. Nothing bad to say about them. Work quality was great, price was very competitive. I have already recommended them to several of my neighbors and my Sister. I am seriously considering using them for all of my lawn-care vs. doing it myself.

Description of Work
Spring cleanup, first mow, some dethatching,2 hedge trims

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you for the referrals and the review

06/26/2012

Thomas T.

Description of Work
The quality of work was ok but he was not very dependable. This man had to be called multiple times to mow and never returned calls promptly if at all. He would promise to come a certain day and never come. Last Friday he came and dropped off a bill and has not bothered to return to mow the lawn despite multiple calls. Despite promising to mow the lawn for the whole season he has stopped coming and the end result is a lawn in dire need of mowing that cannot be done by myself as I am in a wheelchair. The proper thing for this man to do is call and indicate why he has not returned or at least show common decency and recommend someone else. I would not recommend this company for these above stated reasons.

Category lawn service

We are sorry that this gentleman had so much trouble, but we do not have him on our customer list. We had changed our business number and it is possible that he was calling the old number which we would not have received any messages.

05/30/2012

Kevin K.

great job! cleaned up and lawn looks great!

Description of Work
My lawn was de-thatched and aerated. The were professional , quick responding and priced good! we will use them again!!

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

thank you for your review.

11/05/2011

david B.

They were inexpensive but not the best.

Description of Work
We used 3 E's landscaping in August to do some grading work and mulching.

Category landscaping, mulch

10/24/2011

Paula J.

They did a pretty good job.

Description of Work
We hired them to do our lawn care.

Category lawn service

06/24/2011

michael D.

They were very good. They did a very good job. The price included labor and materials. It wasn't a very big job. They were very polite. They came and did the job. They were honest and stuck to their price. Their price was very good. They didn't do anything that was not asked for.

Description of Work
3 E's landscaping came out 2 weeks ago and did a little landscaping work for me.

Category landscaping

Thank you for your review.

05/25/2011

Fred N.

The owner came and gave us a quote for the cleanup and his charge for weekly mowing. I agreed to his price and he promised to start within a week. As promised, he did the cleanup, which I felt he under priced, and has commenced the mowing. My wife has also discussed some landscaping issues with him. He seems very responsive and reliable.

Description of Work
They did a cleanup and will be doing weekly mowing. I will be billed monthly. The quoted price was more than fair.

Category landscaping, lawn service

We miss doing your work, good luck with your lawn care

04/12/2011

John H.

I left the yard design totally in the hands of John of 3 E's and he consulted for approval and suggestions through out the process. He showed up on time was faithful every two weeks for yard upkeep got the job done efficiently and timely. The cost was very reasonable. John explained that if it were a rainy week, he would not mow until the grass was dry as this would destroy the roots and the blades were set at a height that would not burn the grass and when the watering should be done. He offered to supply the material for fountain and brick work but suggested that I go with him to pick out what I wanted and I paid for the material which I thought was very honest of him. I felt that I wasn't getting ripped off. I will not use anyone else.

Description of Work
Mow, trim, planting, mulch, installed water fountain, brick walkway, small garden fenching. Contracted mowing and yard work for every two weeks until end of season in 2010. Contracted for dethatching, seeding,mowing, and general yard work for the 2011 season

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal