Buza Construction of CNY Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since August 2010

7291 RT-31

Cicero, NY 13039

Buza Construction of CNY, Inc. has dedicated employees who perform quality work for our customers. Our motto; "If we wouldn't do it in our home, we will not do it in yours". We are family owned and operated since 2004 and located in Cicero, NY. Our staff members are always here to service customers

04/20/2020

Thomas F.

This post is more about integrity than anything else. On April 20, I just witnessed an employee who was in the company vehicle in the Kinney’s parking lot in Brewerton open his window and dropped a full cup of beverage on the ground and then drives away. This is disgusting! If this is the type of mentally an employee working for this company has, I want nothing to do with them. And I will tell anyone who is looking for work to stay away. Not a smart idea to do such a thing with the name of the business on the side of the truck!

Description of Work
Janitorial

Category garage builders

Hi [Member Name Removed], sorry to hear of your frustration that you had experienced last week. I have reviewed all of our truck GPS trackers for that day and several other dates as well. Our company did not have any trucks in the Brewerton area for the entire month of April. I also spoke to each of our workers as well because I take this type of information very serious. There are other companies in the area with "Buza" in their name but they have no relation to our company. We've been in business for 17 yrs now and our workers follow strict guidelines in order to work here, because they do represent this name. However, I do believe that you may have posted a bad rating against us on this site but have mistaken our company with one of the other two that are out there with this similar name as ours. I'd appreciate it if you could please remove this review against us because I have found no evidence for that to be true with our workers. Please know that you are always more than welcome to contact me as I am the owner of this company. Thank you for your understanding, Christine Buza

04/06/2019

Carol V.

They installed a new tub/shower with tile surround, new toilet, vanity and medicine cabinet as well as all new fixtures and shut-off valves. The sub-flooring and water wall needed to be repaired too. I have a new electric baseboard heater and GFI outlet switches. The Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring was a great suggestion by the owner, Rick and it looks great! They teamed up with Dannan Plumbing to handle the install of tub, toilet and vanity. You could tell they have worked together many times and have a great relationship. Everyone was professional, knowledgeable and friendly. I'm very pleased with the results and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Transformed my old, very dated bathroom (with some issues) into a bright and beautiful one.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

It was a great pleasure working with you [Member Name Removed] and we appreciate that you chose our company for your Bathroom remodel. Thank you and we look forward to working with you again in the future. Christine

08/02/2018

Charlene S.

The work done was greater than my expectations! They were prompt, courteous, respectful of my home. And the quality was superb! They went above and beyond. Rick never changed his quote and was very dependable. Always checked to make sure my home was cleaned to my satisfaction before the crew left. He always checked their performance and my happiness and quality was his top priority. I can't say enough good things about him and his crew, and their skills.

Description of Work
Bathroom and kitchen remoldeling

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

07/13/2017

Thomas T.

Not well! Never heard from them. We will never go to them again and will never refer anyone to them!

Description of Work
We needed some repair work down for our home on the outside siding. We took bids from several companies, when we tried to reach them to explain their bid, because at the time they were the lower bid, our calls were not returned. We tried several times to contact them, we went with another company.

08/29/2016

Scott P.

Everything went very well. They showed up on time, were knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and skilled. I would definitely hire Buza Construction again if I needed their services.

Description of Work
The northeast back corner sun room wall had dry rot wood and windows were loose. They needed to essentially rebuild that part of the wall, pull and reinstall the windows, and replace some aluminum siding.

Category contractors, electrician, picture framing, siding, replacement windows

02/05/2016

Michael F.

The construction was solid and attractive, and the builder stayed within our budget. They even made suggestions for nicer looking materials than we originally requested that were within our budget - very helpful. The only downside:painting was done with a sprayer, which oversprayed onto garden plants and other items, and the worker finished the project by telling us a terrifically off-color joke. We'd hire them again to build for us, but the guy that did the work was a bit un-professional.

Description of Work
constructed front porch and new entry stairs on side and back of house

01/12/2016

Scott A.

Rick was professional, efficient, and fast. Overall quality of work was excelleny. Highly recommended

Description of Work
Urgent siding repair

12/24/2015

Greg L.

Showed up on time. Was very professional. Demonstrated his knowledge of both windows and construction. Rick provided a very fair price. I will be hiring Buza Construction as soon as I can can schedule on my end.

Description of Work
Came out and surveyed for replacement windows.

05/13/2015

Daniel L.

The lead - John - was excellent. Logical, detailed, good artistic eye, the attention to details was amazing. He came to us with questions and excellent suggestions. The final product was much better than anticipated.

Description of Work
Removed old shower, wall & floor tile, flooring, vanity, etc. Laid tile on floor and around jacuzzi bath, replaced lighting, installed new shower, put in new fixtures for shower, tub, 2 vanities, toilet, replaced electrical in room, painted walls, ceiling and trim.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

05/10/2015

Virginia P.

Came when they said they would, did what they said they would do, and CLEANED UP AFTER TEMSELVES. Very pleasant and personable workers. Very well satisfied.

Description of Work
The Buza company placed a diverter on the roof of my front porch to keep rain, ice off my front steps. I am not sure of the date, but probably fall of 2014; and I don't find a record of the cost, but I remember that it was reasonable and I was very pleased with what they did and the manner in which they did it.

Category roofing, siding

02/03/2015

Victoria W.

Rick buza was wonderful and courteous. I would highly recommend Buza Construction!! He completed the job quickly and completely..

Description of Work
repair to small roof overhang

Category roofing, siding

12/04/2014

Daniel F.

We have nothing but good things to say about Rick Buza, his construction crew, and the excellent work they did renovating our house exterior. It was a large project (completely replace the siding, windows, outer doors, patio doors, trim, lights, etc.), and we are just very happy to have chosen Rick. Rick is very knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of house construction, plus he is a very honest and trustworthy guy. He simply goes by a higher set of standards. We felt we could really count on him because he always showed up when he said he would, always did what he said he'd do, and always replied to our emails. He consistently tried to find out what we wanted, down to the smallest details, and made sure that it was done on our house. Sometimes he made suggestions, and these were very helpful since we didn't always know what was available, plus Rick has a good sense of what looks nice. As for foreman Scott and the construction crew, we liked them all. They arrived early, worked hard all day no matter what the weather, and cleaned up after themselves at the end of the day. They were all polite and friendly, and were careful with our belongings. With everything--siding, windows, trim, whatever--they did quality work and didn't try to cut corners, just did everything we wanted and more. Each one of them was knowledgeable, experienced, and very good at what they did. Overall we are extremely pleased with how our house has turned out. It's even better than we expected, and we have Rick Buza to thank!

Description of Work
Complete exterior renovation of home. This included all exterior doors, CharterOak Alside siding, Marvin Integrity Windows, all non-rot trim, lights and fixtures. Rick's crew also fix rotted fascia, window framing, and sheathing.

Category electrician, gutter repair, lighting, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, doors

09/04/2014

Terry P.

They were professional, efficient and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They did siding.

06/03/2014

Elizabeth D.

It was great. Installer was professional and did a great job. My new floor is still great 2 years later.

Description of Work
Install new tile floor in my front entryway

04/23/2014

Mike B.

The install went great! The contractor was on time and did a great job doing the work. I would highly recommend this contractor and use him again for work around my house. I was very happy with the price and the quality of work. They installed the new door into my garage and did the metal wrap around my garage doors. From start to finish they were professional.

Description of Work
I wanted a new door installed into my garage and new metal wrap around my garage doors.

04/04/2014

Mark S.

Buza Construction gutted our old nonfunctional bathroom, and after getting the plumbing and the electrics fixed (included in the price), built us a gorgeous new one. They respected our living space, and were good about keeping the place clean. There was one incident where the force of the reciprocating saw cracked plaster in the adjacent room, and they did a beautiful job of patching and repainting the damaged wall for free. They dealt with challenges (mostly issues from our supplier) gracefully, their subcontractors were courteous and efficient, and above all Buza Construction worked with us to achieve our own vision of what we wanted.

Description of Work
Remodeled our upstairs bathroom

Category electrician, plumbing, remodeling, siding, home remodeling, interior painters

04/04/2014

Nancy F.

We found Rick and his team to be responsive and professional. The quality of their work was excellent. They were punctual and respectful of some of our unique family needs. We had purchased an antique dresser to retrofit for the sink and Ricks carpenter did a beautiful job modifying it as well as tiling a less than level room. The finished product is very nice. Rick offered his opinion when we asked for it, but was flexible to make sure we got what we wanted in the end. I'd hire him again.

Description of Work
Gutted and remodeled a bathroom in our old home.

Category contractors, plumbing, remodeling, siding, home remodeling

08/19/2013

Richard H.

Failed to show three times for the estimate appointment. When he did show to do the estimate, he promised to email the estimate while I was traveling. He didn't. Finally, when I called him, he gave me an estimate that was double the next price.

Category siding

I'm sorry that you feel this way with our company. When we spoke on 5/9, I had scheduled your estimate for the following Tues. 5/14, in which I was there on time. I do believe my pricing was reasonable for the amount of work that the estimate was based on. I do realize that getting back to you with the pricing did take a couple more days then expected. When we spoke on 5/31 to discuss pricing and details on what the estimate included, I wasn't under the impression that you were dissatisfied with this. I wish this would have been brought to my attention sooner so I could've had the opportunity to discuss what changes I could've made in order to make this a better experience for you.

08/12/2013

Barbara G.

I was very excited to contact Buza Construction in mid May after reading all the positive reviews on Angie's List. I needed aluminum trim on the exterior of our home, along with some other work depending on price. When I called, Christine arranged a time for Rick to come out and give us an estimate the following week. I was impressed with his apparent knowledge and he seemed very competent and professional at this meeting. He told me that an estimate would be emailed to me within a week, but more than a week passed and I had heard nothing, so I contacted the office and Rick said he would get to it and mail the estimate promptly. I did receive it a few days later, and was fine with the quoted price. I called to schedule the work to be done, and also mentioned there was additional work I was Interested in having done at the the same time. I was told by Christine that I could not schedule anything until they received a 50% deposit. So, I promptly wrote a check, mailed it out and waited to hear from the office about an estimated date to do the work. I never heard a thing. Once again, I called the office and spoke to Rick this time, who told me that they were behind schedule because of all the rain. He said they would stay in touch and let me know when they were closer to a time they could do the work. This was in early June, and for a month I never heard a thing. So in early July, I made yet another call and spoke again to Rick. This time he told me they were behind because they were working on a big job, but I was next on the list and he expected to get out to our place by the end of July. At this point, I told him that my concern was the lack of communication. I was worried they were just going to let this drag out all season, be unable to do the work and leave me hanging as it would be too late to find someone else to do the job. He assured me they would indeed honor the contract, that I was next and he would do a better job of keeping me informed. I even told him I would be willing to be the last one on the list if he had other clients who needed work done quickly or had bigger jobs. The important thing to me was that they communicate SOMETHING to me, which he assured me they would do. Well, the end of July came and went, and now we are into August 6th and I never heard a word from anyone at Buza Construction. So I contacted them, but this time by fax because I am so frustrated at the lack of courtesy and professionalism. I asked for my deposit check to be returned, due to the manner in which this whole thing was handled. Well, to this I did receive a response and after a few missed connections had a final conversation with Rick. I felt that I was basically done with the whole thing, but wanted to hear his position first. I felt that if there was any degree of understanding and sincere apology, that maybe we could still work this out. I honestly felt Rick didn't get it at all. I just heard more of the same....that he was working on a big job and he could begin our project in about 3 more weeks. I couldn't seem to make it clear that it was the incredible lack of communication and courtesy that was the issue for me, and at that point I was just done. I feel that I have wasted nearly the entire season waiting for a job that would never be completed. I feel very badly treated and now it is too late in the summer to find someone to do the work . We have other projects in our home and we are landlords to quite a few other properties, so we potentially would have a lot of work over the years, as we always need something done. So we were hopeful to find a good contractor. I am just so surprised at how badly this whole thing went. I can say that when Christine returned our deposit check, she did include a note of apology which I appreciated. However, it seems much too little too late..

Description of Work
Nothing, because there was no follow up by this company.

08/06/2013

Michael C.

Spent about 30-45 minutes writing down measurements and discussing options for roof work. Took my email address to send estimate. We had a mixup in communication and I initially thought he failed to return my two followup phone calls. As a result, I gave him a failing score on Angie's list for what I believed was his lack of response. Turns out that he did not get one of my calls and I did not get one of his return calls, so it was really nothing more than miscommunication at fault. He has since contacted me by phone with an estimate and is coming out again to present estimate in person and discuss some revisions in the work that I have requested. While no actual work has been done yet, I appreciate his response to my request for a return visit and new estimate.

Description of Work
Owner Rick Buza inspected roof for possible replacement and soffit and facia for repair.

07/10/2013

Kirk S.

The installation of the siding went very well. The scheduling was difficult because of the weather this spring and summer but the work was completed when scheduled, was done in a professional manner, and the quality was as promised. They were even able to add some decorative flair and do some last minute requested additional work.

Description of Work
Provider installed cedar siding.

07/10/2013

Kirk S.

The provider did a great job. All involved were friendly, professional and willing to work with you. The scheduling was difficult because of the weather this spring and summer but the work was completed when scheduled, was very professional, and the quality was as promised. I liked working with Rick and his crew.

Description of Work
Installed cedar siding

06/24/2013

Thomas O.

Mr. Buza was extremely knowledgable, professional and courteous. He listened and understood exactly what we wanted and didn't try to sell us a cookie cutter approach like one other company. He was prompt in responses to our needs and got back to us quickly. We will use him once we decide on when to begin the project.

Description of Work
Buza was one of three contractors we contacted for a quote.

Category home builders

06/12/2013

Judy M.

I like calling Buza and having a person answer the phone. I sent them a deposit ck and now I am waiting for the work to be done. I am confident the work will be professional and done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Repair metal roof, replace gutter, trim.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/21/2013

Jan S.

I used them about a couple of month ago. I wasn't really happy with Them. Their Pricing is what was I didn't expected. I'm sure they're very reliable but it didn't fit for me. They can provide what exactly what I needed. It's not a bad review against them. It's just that They didn't work for what I needed to do with the consult.

Description of Work
BUZA CONSTRUCTION OF CNY, INC for my window.

Category replacement windows