Sur Fence Carpentry and Paint

Founded 2015 • With Angi since September 2019

fences, wrought iron, carpentry and paint...

A Service Provider's profile image

+135 more images

fence company
Fencing Project project

fence company

fence company (19)driveway gate installation (6)home builder (4)general contractors (4)interior painting (3)door installation (2)handyman (2)decks & porches (2)metal fabrication (1)hardwood floors (2)marble & granite (1)plumbers (1)

08/10/2022

Ronald S.

Xavier took a Hog Wire fence design and turned it to a beautiful Pool Fence. This installation included multiple levels and angles. Even the building inspector was impressed with the workmanship.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

thank you [Member Name Removed] for trust in our work

08/09/2022

David W.

Made a dog run in January with snow on the ground!

Description of Work
Fence Dog Run

Work Completed On 01/10/2021

05/28/2022

Bruce W.

One of the best experiences we have every had with a contractor. Our new fence is surrounded by flower beds and had to be installed early in the season before the plants got tall. Xavier and his crew got it done! The new fence, including gates and arbors, has given our back yard a whole new look - absolutely beautiful. Professional, attentive to detail, and the pricing was very fair. Top marks for an excellent job all around. Thank you Xavier!

Description of Work
Installed picket fence to replace old fence

Work Completed On 04/15/2022

02/03/2022

David W.

Great. He worked with several options before execution of final plan. Great follow through and kept us updated on progress.

Description of Work
Dog run

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

thank you so much [Member Name Removed] , I really appreciate . it was so nice work for you guys.

10/07/2021

Gary E.

excellent service - Xavier is responsible and makes sure the job is done!

Description of Work
multiple projects: room build, floor changed, outside deck

Category contractors, decks, hardwood floor, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

thank you [Member Name Removed] for trust in our work.

09/27/2021

Cyndi D.

Excellent - great price, prompt, efficient and quality work!

Description of Work
Wire mesh fencing installation

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

thank you [Member Name Removed] for the opportunity

08/30/2021

James E.

Excellent work, on-time, and on-budget. Xavier and his folks are helpful and friendly.

Description of Work
Replacement of wood fencing

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

thank you so much [Member Name Removed] was wonderful do my service at your family. thanks again

05/25/2021

David P.

It went perfectly. The two-person team was first rate. Did the job in one day, and lined everything up (the old fence sections to the new) absolutely perfectly. It looks great.

Description of Work
Replace six (6) 8'x8' fence panels bordering a neighbor's property. Rocky, wooded and hilly location. My crazy neighbor insisted we stay on my property side only.

Work Completed On 05/25/2021

thank you [Member Name Removed] for trust us you are a great person. thank you again

05/24/2021

Peter D.

Xavier and his team did a great job in replacing an existing fence. He removed the old fence and dug-up the posts and then replaced it with an identical cedar picket. Each section had pickets at different heights to form a semi-circle at the top. The job was perfect and nothing to clean-up after. Thank you Xavier!

Description of Work
replace fence

Category contractors, fencing

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

05/15/2021

Pete D.

Xavier did a very nice job on my fence and handled all of my concerns. I am very happy with my new fence.

Description of Work
Fencing

Category fencing, driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

thank you [Member Name Removed] for give us the opportunity. you and you family are amazing

11/28/2020

Luz B.

It went great. He is clearly a master craftsman, has a great crew, and was both responsive and proactive. Best experience we have had with a contractor in NW Connecticut in last 30 years! Would rate AAA if we could.

Description of Work
fencing and garage doors

Work Completed On 11/28/2020

Thank you for placing your trust in me. It was a pleasure doing the job for your family. Thank you again!

11/04/2020

Scott K.

Excellent. Xavier had to order special fencing which was delayed by the manufacturer due to COVID-19. He kept me informed throughout the process and scheduled the job as soon as it came in. He was professional and courteous and did a very nice job. I’m planning to hire him again in the doing for another job.

Description of Work
New fence around pool filter/heater

Work Completed On 11/04/2020

10/28/2020

selim Y.

Xavier did a great job. Will hire him again

Description of Work
Move a fence

Work Completed On 10/27/2020

10/10/2020

Pete O.

Extremely well. Sur fence is an excellent company and would definitely recommend

Description of Work
Fencing and gates

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

thank you [Member Name Removed] for everithing we are always happy work for you

10/10/2020

Dave Johnson C.

Xavier and his team were very professional and did an excellent job installing and repairing my cedar tongue and groove fencing I would definitely hire him again

Description of Work
Fencing install and repair

Work Completed On 10/10/2020

thank you [Member Name Removed] for trust in my team you are wonderfull people. thank you again

08/20/2020

Tom D.

Lie to my neighbor telling them that I was calling every day for my repair... just to get the job

Description of Work
My neighbor needed a new install, and Repair on his neighbor fence, because one of his contactors did some damage to his fence

Category home builders

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

yes i spoke with your neighbor, I give him the price repair the same day that I meet you and he never give me the deposit for the job . also he never call me back like you say. Sorry [Member Name Removed] but I don't do any jobs with out deposit.

07/18/2020

Tuong B.

Xavier and his team are very professional and did what he said he going to do.

Description of Work
Undecided at the moment

Work Completed On 06/28/2020

07/04/2020

Shell L.

We were researching pros and ended up on Angie's list. We got a call from Xavier who came out the following day to do the estimate. Xavier was very professional and polite and so were his workers... we got the fence delivered to our home on the day he said it would and he came three days later with his workers to start the job. The job took 4 days as he said it would.. overall we are pleased with the work, the price and the customer service... I would definitely recommend

Description of Work
New vinyl fence

Category fencing, home builders

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

Review for Sur Fence Carpentry and Paint - 121 Cottage Rd, Carmel, NY - 38694737

06/01/2020

Hanna R.

!!!!!!!!!caution!!!!!!!! Absolute nightmare Xavier came to my house about May 15 or so saw the Job is for the vinyl fencing around the house actually the size of the house we agreed upon a price told me he would start Monday, June 1 we agreed that I would buy the material and he would install Xavier called me on the 29th and told me he would be available Saturday to start the job and that he was sending two of his guys his guys showed up Saturday at 9 o’clock look like they weren’t too happy to be there they immediately saw the job started asking me for more money and started threatening that they were going to leave and not do the job they got Xavier on the phone and Xavier started telling me that they gonna want more money and I told Xavier we agreed-upon this deal and why didn’t you show up to the job so we can discuss this so they went ahead and started the job Xavier Showed up about 230 3 o’clock in the afternoon started talking with his workers and then I asked him we already made a deal why are you guys asking me for more money they asked me for an additional $1000 I told him that’s not right what you guys were doing you should’ve never taken the job if this is how you felt you should never sent over guys that weren’t willing to work very unprofessional also his two guys showed up with not the proper tools they were asking me for drills and for mallets which they did not have no hammer no mallet they showed up to the job with a shovel and a wheelbarrow absolutely nothing elseMeanwhile this was all going on in front of my wife and my children so at that time I asked him to take his guys and please get off my property bottom line they were very aggressive and demanding Xavier pretty much sent me guys off the street so not hire this guy one of his guys on the way out threw his drink bottle on my lawn before he drove off

Description of Work
Vinyl fence

Category fencing, home builders, driveway gates

Work Completed On 05/31/2020

Review for Sur Fence Carpentry and Paint - 121 Cottage Rd, Carmel, NY - 38605990

I made a deal with [Member Name Removed] for only the installation job to cost $2,000. The fences that he ordered came unassembled. This therefore means that more work needed to be done so the price had to go up. We agreed on $1000 more when we spoke in the morning and it set the total price to be $3000. Also to start the job, I asked [Member Name Removed] for a 50% deposit and he also agreed, however, he never gave the deposit to my workers. When I called my worker at 1pm, I was told that the deposit was never given to him, so I went to his house at 2:30 and he no longer wanted to pay me for anything. That's why I decided to leave the job because my workers installed 5 fence panels and this was never paid for. Our hard work is not free; we need to feed our families, especially in these tough times. These are the same workers, including myself, that have worked hard and have received great reviews in the past.

04/15/2020

James S.

A great Fence! Xavier came promtly, and did a very professional job of building a fabulous new fence. Compieatly happy with hiring Sur Fence for our project!

Description of Work
A white cedar fence

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

thank you [Member Name Removed] and you wife . thank you again for trusting me to do the job.

12/02/2019

john P.

the work was great. xavier and his team were very professional and pleasant to work with. xavier kept in constant contact with me whether through text messages or the angie’s list app. he also answered all of my questions and addressed all of my concerns.

Description of Work
i needed to fence in my backyard because we bought a house with a pond in the back and we have two small children and a dog.

Category fencing

thank you so much [Member Name Removed], so happy been in touch with you and you family . thanks again

10/16/2019

Noya M.

Very good! Excellent job done. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
deck and metal railings

Category contractors, decks, fencing, handyman service, interior painters, metal restoration, doors, driveway gates