Honey Do Men Home Remodeling & Repair

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

1995 Rte 6

Carmel, NY 10512

We Do It All!

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment
Complete Exterior Facelift

Complete Exterior Facelift

concrete repair2022
Due to the fact that the homeowner wanted a complete exterior transformation, the scope for this project was vast, as it entailed a multitude of components. The overall objective was to not only create a more contemporary look and feel to the home, but to maximize functionality of all new elements with optimal curb appeal. The front portion of the project consisted of: • Creating a new covered front porch faced with bluestone pavers, treads, and stone risers. • A new stone walkway leading to the driveway. • Excavation, reconfiguration, and replacement of driveway (to allow easier access to the garage.) • Relocating the stone wall to the right of the garage door. • Install 2 new (special order (6’3”)) garage doors (which included 2 motors and a belt drive) and custom hardware to reflect the new aesthetic of the home. The back portion of the project consisted of: • Demolish the existing deck. • Building a new deck approximately 3’ longer on the garage side and raised to within 3” of the existing finished floor of the house. • Centrally locate the stairs to create easier access to the back yard when entertaining. The entire home: • Stripped existing siding from the entire home. • Installed new siding on the entire home. • Installed new gutters and gutter guards. • Removed existing roof. • Install new lifetime architectural shingle roof with all accessories and components as required by manufactured local building code. • Added copper flashing to the chimney. • Install 3 new skylights to replace existing.

Trusted by Homeowners Honey-Do-Men was founded to provide all-encompassing remodeling services for homeowners, business owners, and commercial property owners. We are a full-service provider that specializes in all types of maintenance, rebuild, repair, and remodeling work for home exteriors and interiors. Whether you are searching for a reliable service provider to completely renovate your home or just replace the windows, seal the driveway, or repair the roof, Honey-Do-Men is the perfect partner to have. In addition to performing repairs, maintenance, and remodels, Honey-Do-Men also makes sure that every customer receives an excellent experience. From the second you reach out to us to project completion,you will enjoy an exceptional level of customer care and service that is uncommon in the home improvement industry. For instance, we take pride in punctuality, provide quotes for free, send reminders, and do regular follow-ups. If you have an issue with our work, we will come back to improve until you are satisfied. If you have any questions about our exterior and interior services, feel free to contact us today. You can also call or text us directly at 914-837-0411 to speak to one of our friendly service personnel. or email us at service@honeydomen.com ...

4.3

4.1

4.4

gutter repair (205)roofing (104)gutter cleaning (63)chimney repair (29)handyman (27)siding companies (16)door installation (10)roof cleaning (8)woodworking (8)skylight installation (8)window replacement (6)water damage restoration (5)

01/18/2022

James G.

We had a great experience with this company. After some big storms this fall, our garage roof was damaged and leaking, as well as the vent in our upstairs bathroom. They were able to come out quickly to give an estimate and had very competitive pricing. There was a slight delay due to waiting for materials, but in 2021 with supply chain issues, it was actually done pretty quickly. The work itself was done in 2 days and after a huge storm this weekend, there is no more leaking so we know the work was done very well. They also fixed our stair railing that was very wobbly and now is solid and safe.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

Category handyman service, roofing

Work Completed On 01/18/2022

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with our company. Please keep us in mind if you have any work in the future.

01/04/2022

Peter A.

Beware of these folks. Very polite and helpful on the phone when selling a project, BUT just the reverse on delivery and follow up. They provided a quote for gutter cleaning, including downspout testing and clearing. I paid half up front, and they said “scheduling” would call me to set up an appointment. Instead 2 guys showed up without warning when no one was home — but they were captured on video from our security cameras. They never tested the downspouts (one was actually clogged and still is), and they zipped in and out, apparently without ever even putting the ladder up in the front of the house. They did clearly clean the gutters in back, and left a big muddy stain on the siding. When I called to ask them to complete the work they left one voicemail saying they’d look into it, but then failed to return additional calls and simply charged my credit card for the second payment (now in dispute). I recommend avoiding these people.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and downspout testing / clearing

Category gutter repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/29/2021

Good morning [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry that this was your experience. Someone from the office will reach out and we will get this situation corrected for you.

12/20/2021

Anthony P.

Honey Do Men installed gutter guards for my home and did a wonderful job. The men were professional and courteous. They went the extra yard by reinforcing all the gutters. I would highly recommend Honey Do Men.

Description of Work
Gutter Guards

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Work Completed On 12/14/2021

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We truly appreciate it.

06/30/2021

STEPHEN F.

The work was great, they did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Roof repairs and cleaning

Work Completed On 06/30/2016

11/18/2020

Farima M.

This is our second project with Honey Do Men. The team is professional and experienced. We had two projects that needed work and their consultation was fair and accurate. There was no up-selling for more services, which I find with other contractors. I find their price points slightly higher than comps, but their work, accuracy and customer service justifies this. During this pandemic many items require lead times. Honey Do Men were upfront about any changes to timing and were responsive to our needs. Without hesitation I would recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof Cleaning and Siding work

Category roofing, siding, architect

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Thank you so much! your feedback means everything to us!

05/26/2020

Karen M.

Perfectly! We had extensive repair done on our roof overhang as well as replacing over two dozen cedar shakes that were destroyed by woodpeckers. Darryll and his team are always great to work with. I never need to worry about the quality of their work! Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Siding and roof repair

Category roofing, siding, woodworking, architect

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. we really appreciate it!

05/09/2020

Peter T.

They are proficient, knowledgeable, professional and a pleasure to deal with

Description of Work
Gutter covers

Category architect

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

Thank you so much!

01/04/2020

Carl K.

I was looking for a gutter service to potentially install gutter covers and thought I would see how a cleaning went first. The initial process of getting the quote was okay- they came out gave an estimate and claimed they would clean the gutters, check the downspouts, and check the attachment of the gutters. Their estimate was higher than others but I was impressed by what they claimed they would do. The first warning sign was that the person giving the quotes told me it would take about two weeks (it actually took a month and a half). I also asked if they would call when they’d come and she agreed but was oddly defensive about it. Three weeks went by and nothing happened. When I called, the person on the phone acted like I was inconveniencing them with the call and told me they might come the following week. Two more weeks go by and they showed up randomly one afternoon and they were on my roof for exactly 10 minutes with leaf blowers. In the ten minutes they were there, they definitely didn’t check the downspouts or the condition of the gutters. It was evident that they don’t contact costumers on purpose since they don’t want them to know that their cleaning is so cursory.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

Work Completed On 12/20/2019

07/15/2019

Taryn P.

We've had a fantastic experience with Honey-Do-Men for the past two years. Our first project when we moved into our new house last summer was to have Darrell's team put in new downspouts and clean our gutters. His team was professional and efficient, and really personable. They also came back immediately when we had a question and wanted a slight adjustment on one of the downspouts. This summer we had more substantial work done, with a team tearing out and replacing our crumbling driveway and building up some eroded areas of our property, installing retaining walls. They also did some interior work, replacing a warped ceiling beam and rebuilding a ceiling in one of our rooms. I cannot say enough about how happy we are with the quality of the work that has been done. We are thrilled! The teams are exceptionally professional, and take great pride in their work. I'll also mention that Darrell gave us different options, things that could make the work better, as well as immediately telling us when work we were considering was totally unnecessary. He was absolutely clear in his quotes, giving us quotes for all different pieces of the project so we could decide which ones fit into our budget, and which we could postpone for a future date or not do at all. We found his explanations and negotiations to be clear and fair. Honey Do Men is not the cheapest quote we received, but you get what you pay for, and their work for us has been exceptional.

Description of Work
Driveway redo, drainage installation, retaining wall, carpentry/beam replacement/painting, electrical installation

Category concrete repair, gutter cleaning, handyman service, woodworking, drain pipe, ceiling fans, interior painters, driveway pavers, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

Thank You. we take pride in a happy customer and look forward to doing work for you in the future

05/08/2019

Dan B.

This is my third job with Honey Do Men. As always, Darrell and his crew did an amazing job. In the past they have put on new shingles on my entire roof as well as put on a new gutter system. This was a smaller job on an addition on my home, but as the jobs before it, looks flawless with clear quality. Crew was extremely professional and courteous. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Gutter system

Work Completed On 05/06/2019

Thank You and be sure to give us a call if you need a fourth. Repeat Customer is a testament to a good company. We appreciate you

12/13/2018

Amanda T.

I recently had my shower renovated using Honey Do Men. I was able to quickly get an estimate for the job and they were able to schedule the work for a time that would accommodate my schedule and needs. They showed up on time and put in full days to get the job completed in a timely manner. They ALWAYS cleaned up after themselves and made sure everything was in order before leaving for the day. The gentleman working were friendly and knkwledgable and their workmanship and attention to detail was impeccable. I will definitely be calling them in the future should I need more work done in my house!

Description of Work
Shower Renovation

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

Review for Honey Do Men Home Remodeling & Repair - 1995 Rte 6, Carmel, NY - 37606738

Anything you need, Anytime you need it, We got you covered. That shower started as one those plastic shower wall insert kits. We tore it all down, redid the framing, the plumbing, put up new walls, subway tile, and nice decorative glass tile accent strip. What a transformaton. Thank you for the post and review. It's just as hard to find a good customer as it is to find a good contractor. Truly thankful and appreciative for the business. - HoneyDoMen

10/25/2018

Agustina H.

Everything was great. Team was friendly and worked efficiently. Work done within appropriate time frame. gutters look great!

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2018

Thank you for the feedback. We try to treat every customer the way we would want to be treated. Respect, Appreciation, Professionalism, Attention to Detail. If there is ever anything else you need, please let us know. :-) - HoneyDoMen

05/04/2018

Dorothy L.

They were very professional and timely, quiet but friendly, and immaculate. The finished product exceeded my expectations. I have currently hired them for another plumbing project. They are they best and I recommend them highly

Description of Work
plastering, plumbing, painting

Category egress windows, gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

Thank you for the kind words. What a lot of people don't understand is that it's just as important for us to find a good customer as it is for you to find a good contractor. It has been a pleasure to work for you and I am looking forward to getting that bathroom up and running for on the next project. :)

05/01/2018

Matthew P.

On April 6th contacted Honey do Men to get an estimate on storm door repair, and the initial response was a success. Made an apointment for April 12th and Angel came to my house on time, looked at the storm door and basement flooring and although he seemed timid, did state that he would have an estimate for the repair by weeks end. During that intial encounter, Angel asked if there was any other work on the house I needed done, and I also requested an estimate for the deck. Looking back, a major red flag raised was zero measurements of my deck nor storm door were taken. Fast forward roughly 2 weeks of zero response and zero follow-up communication, I took the initiative to contact Honey Do Men on April 23 to see what the delay in response/update on the estimate. The person on the phone was very cordial, although she did have trouble finding my name in the system, did locate the initial request. She stated that she will let Angel know that I'm looking for the estimate. As of May 1st I have received zero communication regarding any of the estimates requested. Now I'm forced to scramble to try and get this storm door fixed before the next major weather event. Having wasted several weeks for nothing.

Description of Work
Needed and estimate and possible repair of storm door and basement flooring. Additionally requested an estimate on deck repair/replacement.

Category handyman service, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

I am so sorry for what happened. This was beyond unacceptable and Angle no longer works here because of your experience. This is not what the company is about and it is not what our reputation was build on. If there is anything we can ever do for you, please let me know.

03/21/2018

John M.

Excellent work that has survived the recent storms without any issues. Took a couple of weeks to get an estimate appointment (so plan ahead), but well worth the wait and the work was completed the next day. In addition to the gutter estimate and work, got some really good insights from them into roofing and other decisions down the road without the heavy sales pitch. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Install all new gutters and downspouts

Work Completed On 02/28/2018

Thanks for the feed back [Member Name Removed]. It is true, you may have to wait a bit for the appointment, but I guarantee its worth it. First, we don't ever try to "sell" a customer anything. Our goal is to Educate and Mention things that need to be done, not "sell" you anything. Second, give the customer options to choose from, not tell them what they should do. Third, help plan. Not everything has to be done now. We can plan out the repairs and replacement needs so that it doesn't break the bank and so it is more financial palatable. Anything time you need anything, please give us a call. It was a pleasure working with you and I am glad to hear that you are happy with the work we did.

02/06/2018

Tom V.

We used HDM for a small job. The work quality was good but the estimate was outrageous considering the work they actually did. They said it would take 3 days and require a lot of work but they worked 2 half days and after I complained, only gave a nominal discount. My bad for not getting other estimates, it was an insurance job. The appraiser agreed with the work they said they would do but they did far less actual worse. Get an estimate from them and go elsewhere. You will know your top price. Vastly overpriced, avoid.

Description of Work
Repair sheet rock, two ceilings from water leak, paint ceiling

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

02/03/2018

Breda S.

Cannot say enough good things about this Company. Every job they have done for me I have been greatly pleased with and on top of doing a great job they clean up after the work is done. The gentlemen that come to do the repairs are extremely competent and are very respectable in their manner. They will tell you honestly what work needs to be done or simply show you how easy it is to do it yourself and save you the expense .

Description of Work
Several jobs

Category ceramic tile, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, window treatments, doors

Work Completed On 01/23/2018

You are the best. We love being your go to handyman company for everything around the house, inside or out. A lot of people don't know that we also do licensed electric and plumbing work. Or that we do structural work and additions (besides all the normal odd and end work too). Hope to see you again soon Darrell Babboni - HoneyDoMen

12/11/2017

Lise L.

All of the work we have had done by Honey Do Men - Carmel, NY (Darrell Babboni owner) has been fantastic. They are honest and very polite.

Description of Work
Our initial contact with Honey Do Men of Carmel, NY was we had an extremely bad roof leak (to the point that a bucket placed under the leak would be filled to the top by the end of any major rain storm). We called our local Honey Do Men - owner Darrell Babboni, he not only found what turned out to be several sources of the leak but the cause - which was damage due to a previous contractor's sloppy work. Darrell took the time to explain that it may take a couple of visits to completely repair our leak, because water runoff will often move to an alternate route when crevices, cracks etc. are filled. He was absolutely right, and they came out a second time at no charge to seal the leak. We are very very pleased with Honey Do Men and have used their services several times since. Most recently for siding repair due to woodpecker damage, gutter repair and cleaning and snow-guards for our roof. All of which was done extremely well.

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, water damage restoration, chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/08/2017

You are the best [Member Name Removed], thank you. Its been a pleasure to work with you as well. :-)

11/12/2017

Felix F.

Extremely Excellent! Waiting for them to come back next week for my next home repair of installing Metal Mesh guards around my existing gutters to prevent leaves from blocking my drain pipes.

Description of Work
This company is totally awesome! the work and professionalism by both Darrell B****** and his team were excellent. The repairs on my gutters which collapsed on the right side of my home after the Blizzard on 3/**/17 were done timely and expertly. Darrell work diligently with my wife and I to get the repairs done, and worked patiently with me and my home owners insurance. This is by far a "Go To "company for all home repairs. Will do business again!!!

Work Completed On 03/17/2017

Review for Honey Do Men Home Remodeling & Repair - 1995 Rte 6, Carmel, NY - 36555034

And we will be there for you for the next project too. As always, if there is ever any thin you need. Just give us a call. You are a wonderful customer and we love working for you and with you.

10/06/2017

Adam L.

Our experience with Honey Do Men was exceptional. Darrell provided a written estimate on the day of his visit, followed up promptly to address our questions, and scheduled us expeditiously. The quality of the work performed by the Honey Do Men team was exceptional. I am an interior designer with high standards, and these gentlemen did a superb job. They were also extremely professional and courteous , treating my home with respect and communicating with me at different stages of the job. Honey Do Men made this experience of having to get some routine repairs done a pleasure with their outstanding quality of work. I also feel confident based on their approach that if anything goes wrong, they will stand behind their work product.

Description of Work
Installation of a storm door, window repair, and additional minor tasks in our home e.g., caulking, replacement of toilet flapper, etc.

Category egress windows, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

It was a pleasure working with you as well. If there is ever anything else you need, let me know. We do everything from roofing, gutters, siding, windows, chimneys, decks, walkways, driveway to new Kitchens, bathrooms, flooring, sheetrock, painting, electrical and plumbing. If its broke, we can fix it. If you need it done, we do it. :-) Looking forward to working with you on your next project.

10/02/2017

Andrea P.

Gutters were cut and installed. We went for the suggested gutters and were told that it would be more than several years before they had to be cleaned out. We do have a large oak tree that feeds it, but my husband still has to climb on the roof and clean them out. Perhaps there may have been a better option. Overall, I was happy with the service.

Description of Work
New gutters installed

Work Completed On 10/02/2017