RM Pena Inc

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2006

Established in 1992, We are a family owned and operated business who employs our own team of installers. We take pride in our workmanship and customer service and therefore it reflects in our average 55% repeat and referral business.

Showroom A Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

window replacement (63)door installation (22)siding companies (8)gutter repair (6)insulation (4)decks & porches (4)locksmith (1)

05/02/2022

susan O.

They did an excellent job. They cleaned up very well, were timely, and were very polite. I would highly recommend them and I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my back deck.

Category decks

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

01/17/2022

MARIE and David T.

From my initial contact to the completion of the job, this was a wonderful experience. We did our homework, got multiple estimates, etc. and decided on Penna and are so glad we did. The doors are beautifully made and were meticulously installed. Representatives answered all my queries and showed great attention to detail. I would - without hesitation - recommend this company and would gladly do business with them again. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
replaced front entry door and rear storm door

Work Completed On 01/11/2022

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate it! We are happy to hear that we met your expectations. Thank you for your business!

09/02/2020

Tony K.

Was a great company to deal with start to finish. Door was custom made and installed and we are very happy with sales and installation.

Description of Work
replacement of sliding glass patio door.

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business and are glad that you are enjoying your new patio door!

08/11/2020

virginia V.

These guys are the best! We have been replacing the all the windows in our house, these were the last 5. We have a big house with 6 bay windows, and 15 regular. We had them replaced in sections had some from Sears, pure garbage, Home Deport, fair quality. I wish we would of did our whole house in these windows. These are beautiful, excellent quality with a great price. We were just interested in getting our patio replaced, an 8 footer. The salesperson told me about the windows they sell. We had budgeted $5000. for the patio door. The patio door was only $3300, I was quoted $2000, to replace just the glass from others and decided to go with new. I told him we have only 5 more windows to complete the house, He gave us $75. off each window. Sold! The guys came installed were neat professional, it was not like that with any of the others. i live in the boonies and it took them at least 50 minutes to get here. They did it all in less than 5 hours.

Description of Work
Patio door and window replacement

Category decks, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Thank you very much for the positive review! We appreciate your kind words and are glad to hear we met your expectations. Enjoy your new windows and patio door! Thank you for your business.

03/05/2020

Olivia G.

Professional team. Focused on task. Just amazed at how nice the windows look. Wish we had replaced the windows sooner. Now looking at buying more. Good to get it done off season, too. Really appreciate the work they did.

Description of Work
Windows and patio door replacement

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that we provided you with the service that we strive to achieve for all of our customers.

12/24/2019

ZAMIYAD D.

I contacted R.M Pena to get an estimate for a patio door and window replacement. Their estimator Jarrod was very punctual and professional. After learning what we were looking for, he took time explaining everything that needed to be done. He showed us the brochures for the doors and windows. He explained what type of work will be involved and also gave us a clear timeline regarding door ordering, ETA and project completion. Later, I realized that I needed to replace some rotten siding next to the door and asked him if he can come again for an estimate. He was very responsive and came for second time for the estimate. I signed the contract with R.M Pena and they scheduled my project in 4 to 6 weeks as promised. Their team arrived on time. They were all very professional. They did an excellent job replacing the door, window and siding. They finished everything before evening. They cleaned all the leftover and did not leave any garbage behind. Their workmanship was excellent. Their was no flaw in material or installation. It has been almost 3 months after the job and we have not had any problem regarding any of their products. Although, their prices were slightly higher compared to their competitors but based on such a positive experience, I would definitely recommend them and hire them again myself too.

Description of Work
Patio Door Replacement and Window and Siding replacement

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback and are glad to hear your positive experience with our company. Thank you.

02/27/2019

Travis C.

Overall I am very pleased with the work that was completed. The windows themselves are fantastic and Jared was very responsive and professional with quotes and responses to questions...many questions. This was a lot of money, but worth it considering the other windows I was quoted and their prices. Some smaller issues with interior damage to parts of my house during the install, as well as a not so great finish on some trim work. However, they did come back and fix the trim work at my request and I am now satisfied. I would definitely hire them again. Any issues I have pale in comparison to those I have had with other contractors. The job was performed on schedule, without much hassle on my part, and they did a good job of cleaning up at the end of every work day. A small hiccup on a couple windows caused a delay, but they reordered and came back to install the replacements. Nothing that concerned me much and I understand that it happens sometimes. I am glad I chose R.M. Pena and have already recommended them to others.

Description of Work
New Sunrise Restorations full frame windows (not drop-in replacement)

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

10/23/2018

Sarah G.

Overall excellent experience. Prompt responses, on time, respectful, animal friendly workers. Will hire them again for more windows in my house. Great clean up.

Description of Work
Grandiose Front Window Replacement

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business and are glad to hear that we provided you the service that we strive to provide for our customers.

07/13/2018

Thomas S.

I received an estimate of about $400 to install a $300 door. I chose not to proceed.

Description of Work
Install a storm door.

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

05/24/2018

Brian M.

I contracted RM Pena to replace six windows as a rough install. My expectation was that we would have new windows with little additional work required. I was disappointed. First, I experienced difficulties with the cleanliness of the workers and had to shampoo carpets after the "install day." They did not protect the carpets in any way, and I returned from work to witness the workers entering/exiting on a winter day, no carpet protection, no boot wiping or covering. More importantly, after the project was finished, the interior molding on the new windows was very far removed from the walls. I contacted them and, to their credit, they apologized for the carpets (no offer to pay for cleaning) and tried to correct some of the molding issues. The principal came to my home to review my continued complaints, but the ultimate solution was unsatisfactory... when I prepared to repaint the interior walls of one of the involved rooms, which involved moving some furniture (that they clearly didn't move during the install, but which they should have, since I was paying for a rough install), I saw extremely large gaps between two of the new window moldings and the walls (photo attached, not sure how well it will view). I elected to fix these issues myself with a lot of caulk and careful painting, as my repeated requests to remedy problems were met with nice manners but no thorough assessment and remediation plan. Additionally, the caulking on the outside of the house was obviously very hastily and unevenly applied... it is a color that matches the window frames, but not the siding. Imagine running your finger down the side of your exterior window frames with a different color that gets well onto the siding... it looks ridiculous, and I'll have to spend more time fixing that. Given the reviews I had read, and the price I paid, I expected more. I was left feeling that it was a rush job, and I was not happy with the result or the post-install remediation. The windows themselves, I am happy to say, seem to be of excellent quality.

Description of Work
Window replacements

Work Completed On 01/03/2018

Review for RM Pena Inc - 761 Rte 50, Burnt Hills, NY - 37095944

We apologize that we did not perform to the capability that we know we can, and have for the majority of our installs. We did not realize that you were still dissatisfied after we sent our installer back out, post install to remedy your concerns. Again, we apologize that we fell short in providing you with the quality service and professionalism you expected. Thank you.

05/12/2018

Mary R.

1 of the windows leaked, I call them to inform about the problem but they are not returning my calls for 3 months. After 3 months they answer my call and 1 contractor came out and he is not pleasant, he did something on the windows and he did stop the leaking from the top, however the window need some isulation and sealant on the side of it. The owner is really rude. I wont recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They install my windows.

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

We apologize that you are not satisfied with the service we have provided you. According to our records, we completed your job in December of 2016. June 22, 2017 you contacted us regarding the issue with your window leaking (we have no records of prior attempts to contact us), July 11,2017 we sent our service tech out to your home to resolve the issue; where we installed additional grace tape, caulked the window. At that time, the issue was resolved and we have not heard from you since. According to our records, we feel that we took care of your service in a timely manner. Again, we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you. Respectfully Submitted, R.M. Pena, Inc.

11/27/2017

Laurie Ann S.

The windows are of very high quality. The guys were so professional and nice to have inside my home. Excellent workmanship. These windows are made in the northern part of the country and built for cold and snowy winters in the Northeast. As far as I am concerned, there is no other company to purchase windows and doors from.

Description of Work
I ordered three replacement windows for my condo.

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your business and sharing your experience. Thank you for mentioning the choice of windows, we have selectively and exclusively chosen the Restorations windows due to their quality and performance for our climate. Enjoy your new windows!

10/11/2017

Ed B.

I was very pleased with the process overall. Chris Penna arrived to quote the job within a few days of my request. Pricing and options were provided promptly. The downpayment was reasonable as was the lead time required for the custom window to be made. I gave them a "B" on punctuality as the job was re-scheduled twice which caused me some scheduling headaches at work. I called the office and they immediately scheduled the job for the next available Saturday morning. They really made an effort to accommodate my schedule which I appreciated. The installer arrived on time and was very good about keeping the work area clean as I just had new carpeting installed in that room. The installation went well and was done in the quoted time. I'm very please with the installed window as it is very well insulated and stays at room temp even when the temp dips below zero. I'm very happy with it and RM Penna's work. I would certainly hire them again.

Description of Work
RM Penna installed a custom size energy efficient sliding window in the opening where a wall mounted air conditioner was removed.

Work Completed On 09/02/2017

Thank you for the positive review, we appreciate your patience with our scheduling and are glad to hear that your overall experience with us was positive. Thank you for your business. Enjoy your new window!

08/16/2017

Sue G.

Great -- the actual start of the work was pushed back a few weeks. The employees are very professional and the work which was done looks great. We would definitely use this business again.

Description of Work
Replacement window and replaced the deck

Category decks, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

Thank you for the A rating! We appreciate your business and positive review. We appreciate your patience with our schedule and hope to serve you in the future!

08/15/2017

Terry H.

Great! We've used Pena for years, replacing one room of windows at a time. We are almost finished with ourvwidow replacement! They are affordable, professional, and friendly. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
New windows installed

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

Thank you for the A rating and positive review! We appreciate all the business you have given us over the years and look forward to completing you home. We at R.M. Pena do our best to maintain a positive experience. Thank you!

08/08/2017

jocelyn D.

Love my door. Its cooler in my kitchen with the new glass.

Description of Work
I had a sliding glass door and window replaced. Excellent quality of the product and excellent service.

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

Thank you for the positive review! We at R.M. Pena are happy that we could provide an excellent product and excellent service to you! We look forward to working with you in the future!

08/01/2017

Patricia H.

We had a great experience, once again with this company. We worked with Jared, who was very patient, professional and thorough throughout the whole process. He went out of his way to be sure we were going to be satisfied with the door and the final installation. The person who installed the door, Blake, was equally professional and wanted to be sure we were satisfied with the door and the trim. There was an imperfection in the glass, which was acknowledge and rectified seamlessly. The door is lovely, and we love it.

Description of Work
We had a new front door installed and painted with custom glass and hardware.

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

Thank you for the A rating! We will always do our best for our customers. Enjoy your new door!!! We look forward to serving you in the future!

07/27/2017

Mary B.

Very Well. Todd and his workmen were thorough, helpful and efficient.

Description of Work
Seamless gutters installed with Leaf Guards

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

04/10/2017

James E.

Excellent. New windows are very high quality. Work was done professionally. House was left clean. Really didn't notice the workers in the house - a plus since I work out of my house. All my questions were answered. Company is very responsive to calls. Price was less than the state wide window companies quotes. Will be hiring again.

Description of Work
Replace old bay window. Replace old picture window with two double hungs.

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

Thank you so much Mr. [Member Name Removed]! Enjoy your new windows! We look forward to serving you in the future!

03/06/2017

william C.

Two Pena teams arrived mid Oct 2016 and proceeded to remove and replace all windows and door. Skilled staff were professional and knowledgeable as they went about their work. Chris pointed out a factory defect in a weld on our patio door. They returned in Nov. and swapped out the patio door with a new factory replacement. They also replaced a casement window on our new bow window unit that had a factory blemish on one pane on the inside that had run when they coated the tinting of the pane at the factory. The window etching looks stunning!

Description of Work
Replace 2 windows and patio door. Chris Pena showed us the different window options available and showed us how double pane glass with low e-4 tinting blocks the heat from sunlight, but still made a stunning clear window view to the outside.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2016

Thank you very much for your positive review. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your new windows and patio door. Thank you for your business we truly appreciate it.

02/05/2017

Kate M.

Pena replaced several large casement windows for us. Their price was competitive (not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.) we were interested in replacing some old, leaking windows with new that would cut down on outside noise. We could not be more happy with the job they did. The installation took 2 days, and the guys who did the work (Evan and Blake) were outstanding! They did a careful, thorough job of installing the windows and were great about being respectful that they were working in our home. They cleaned up after themselves and were friendly and pleasant to have around while they were working. We would recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Replaced several,large casement windows.

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Thank you very much for the positive review! We appreciate your business and hope you're enjoying your new windows.

10/11/2016

lucie M.

Chris came out and measured . He was very knowledgeable , professional and polite. The price was fair and the windows are of an excellent quality. We were very pleased with the installation. The guys did a great job. Recommend!

Description of Work
They installed one triple casement window in the living room and windows on the upper level of our home.

Category decks, replacement windows