Rustyhamr

Founded 2008 • With Angi since September 2009

287 Wabash Ave

Buffalo, NY 14217

My goal as a sole proprietor is to provide high quality workmanship for home improvement projects at a fair cost. My capabilities go beyond those listed by Angieslist including interior and exterior stairs and stair systems. I am insured and a Certified Lead-Safe firm....

10/14/2014

Rosalind W.

Never returned my call which I consider poor customer service

Description of Work
Never returned my call

10/14/2014

Joyce E.

Did not use

Description of Work
Called this provider in June. They never returned call.

05/07/2014

Beth H.

Description of Work
Installed three railings, 2 outdoor and one indoor

03/25/2014

Warren O.

I would highly recommend them. He's efficient and he did good work. He's a good carpenter. I will hire him for my cabinet making. He was very responsive. I would definitely give him another call.

Description of Work
I used the carpentry woodworking and windows service of Rustyhamr.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

03/07/2014

Sarah W.

Looking for a sole prop handyman. He was listed as a sole prop handyman. Called to ask about a small painting job. Said he does not do painting. What handyman does not do painting? At least he answered his phone promptly and told me he does not do it.

Description of Work
Told me as a handyman that he does not paint

12/19/2013

Karen V.

Did an excellent job.

Description of Work
installed an attic pull down ladder and made some minor house repairs

10/02/2013

Sheryl Y.

He was very honest and referred an excellent company that did a great job!

Description of Work
When Rusty came over to look at everything, he said he doesn't do projects as large as mine.

Category decks

09/26/2013

Chana K.

Russ came around after we called him to see if he could do the job rather quickly. He arrived exactly on time and saw how desperate we were for the air conditioning unit in the upper room. Our main air conditioning unit doesn't reach upstairs and our son was unable to sleep because of the heat. Worse it had actually made him ill, due to the stuffiness and not getting more than a few hours sleep. Suffice to say, we were all miserable and needed someone willing to put in a unit exhaust in a window. The catch was we had casement windows and we wanted it to look nice on the outside, not just a board. Rusty was there the next day and had a all the materials he needed to get the job done and done well, will a silver lining, so it would look good from outside. My son (and therefore us!) managed to get a great night's sleep and also survive the rest of the heatwave. Russ is booked for more work in the next few months. I am very confident each job will be done beautifully. Russ listens and also brings his expertise and know how to suggest solutions, and get the job done, at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Russ put in an air conditioning unit outlet in our window

08/26/2013

Warren O.

Russ did a great job fixing our family room window. He also had a creative solution for a floor that extended into the outside of the house and rotted from snow. Russ will be my first call for any future carpentry jobs

Description of Work
1. Removed large 4'x4' window. Made a temporary cover. Took window to a shop to have the broken seal repaired between the two sheets of glass. Reinstalled the repaired window. 2. Repaired last 15" of floor in a mud room between house, garage, and outside. The last 4" of the floor extended into the yard and had rotted out from snow and elements.

Category replacement windows, woodworking

07/01/2013

Kristi B.

Everything was perfect! He even redesigned our small porch area to make things safer. We ended up using a composite material which suits us best not having to paint, and still looks great. He was punctual, showed us photos of other jobs, and cleaned up afterwards.

Description of Work
Rebuilt back stairs, added cast iron railing and expanded small porch.

05/13/2013

Janice S.

Russ came out to my house on Wednesday (5/8/13,) and looked at the work I needed done, and returned on Saturday to do the work. Everything was done in a professional manner - my doors all work fine, my broken back door is now fixed, and my dresser is like new! I would highly recommend him to anyone - he is honest, reliable, and his work is top shelf.

Description of Work
Had carpets installed, and the doors wouldn't close over the new carpet, and I had a dresser that I love, and needed some repair and my back door was broken.

05/09/2013

Erin S.

He is very good but gets very busy. He is extremely knowledgeable, and his rates are great. He is so fast. He is my first choice, fantastic.

Description of Work
I used Rustyhamr.

12/12/2012

Erin S.

Went well. He was friendly, fast, efficient, and well-priced. He even picked up our materials for the job.

Description of Work
Installed basement railing.

07/17/2012

Jacqueline D.

Rusty did a great job built stairs exactly as I wanted. He was prompt, polite, and honest-a skilled carpenter who knows what he is doing. And a nice guy. Would not hesitate to recommend him or use his services again.

Description of Work
Installed wood molding and baseboard in kitchen, cut down 2 doors, and built steps inside to my roof deck .

07/12/2012

Karyn T.

Russ came out to evaluate, gave a fair price, and worked us into his schedule promptly. He was right on time, pleasant and professional, and did an outstanding job (including cleanup). We live in an older home so it's only a matter of time before we call on him to help us again!

Description of Work
We had a few items around the house that we tried to work on and just gave up trying to do ourselves. Mainly, our staircase was sinking in (held up by nail!) and was very noisy to walk on. We also had some gaps around our fireplace mantle that get very breezy in winter. He helped seal them up too.

06/08/2012

Kathleen S.

Russ Hameister was talented & reliable. Answered phone 1st call - called back 4 appt. to give estimate - scheduled appt. date - called evening before to verify, arrived on time & prepared, very talented!

Description of Work
Skylights on patio enclosure leaking - skylights were calked & started on roof & inside. Skylight closure was constructed to over skylights.

Category handyman service, skylights

11/08/2011

Andrew/Gretel M.

It took a few days but Russ did a good job and the porch looks great.

Description of Work
Russ replaced my front porch steps and railing. New risers, railing, paint.

Category woodworking, house painters

04/30/2011

Francine Y.

We called Russ back to complete additional work downstairs after he did such a great job installing new doors. He is no doubt our new "go-to Guy" if we need something done. This time we had him install a new steel door in our family room that was not up to code. He also installed french doors in our dining room and crown molding throughout our kitchen and dining room. He built a small mantel piece to break up some of the brick on my fireplace. Russ is always punctual and trustworthy. I have had him work here when I'm home and have even left the door open for him to let himself in. I trust him completely. I was able to leave him with my two dogs, who love him as much as we do! He has even been nice enough to let my dog out. He takes great pride in his work and we take great pride in telling people about his work. I have many more jobs lined up for Russ in the future!

Description of Work
Russ installed a new steel fire proof door in our family room. He installed crown molding in our kitchen and dining room as well as french doors in our dining room. He also build a small mantel piece to go with what I already had.

Category woodworking, doors

09/28/2010

Francine Y.

I was thrilled with the finished work. We are updating our home from dark and dreary to bright and contemporary. Russ arrived on time, took out the old hollow brown doors and put on the new primed doors, which we will paint ourselves. We have Russ lined up for more work and my brain is brimming with ideas to keep him busy.

Description of Work
Russ put on new six panel doors in our kitchen, bathroom and hallway that we purchased from our local store. He also put some pull handles on some kitchen drawers that my husband was hesitant to tackle and I waited two years for.

Category woodworking, doors

09/03/2009

steve T.

Two projects stand out. We bought our circa-1909 Tudor style home in 1980 and it came with a 1970s fireplace renovation which was totally out of character for the house. We lived with it for twenty years, afraid to tackle it for fear of the expense and also not being able to have something that didn't look like it was a new addition. Russ designed and built a fantastic Arts and Crafts style mantle that looks as if it were original to the house. Russ held our hands on the modern stone demolition (we did it ourselves - mistake) and worked with us to get the finish exactly right, matching the surrounding woodwork. It's really a centerpiece of our home, with a gas-fired insert. The other project was a porch that was sinking at the front edge by almost four inches. It was a heavy concrete floor slab on top of wood floor joists. Russ diagnosed the problem (rotting joists) and jacked the front edge of the porch up to repair the damage and shore up the support. It's been ten years and it hasn't sunk a half inch. His business name is Rustyhamr, but believe me, his hammers aren't rusty. A true gentleman and a true craftsman. He's dog-friendly and budget friendly. We've gotten to the point where we don't ask the price, we know the job will be done right and the price will be reasonable. Super-highly recommended.

Description of Work
Russ is a true craftsman. He's done tons of things for us over the years. The work is always first-rate, the price is reasonable and the overall experience is off the charts. He brings great ideas to the table and he's flexible and easy to work with. When I look over our 100-year-old Craftsman house and remember the things that Russ has added, it's hard to imagine having gone through it with anyone else. Bay window, dentil mouldings, fireplace mantle. wainscotting in the back hallway, new powder room where there wasn't one before(under the front stairs); third floor skylights, major porch repair, kitchen island and more. Each additional feature looks as though it is original to the home. If you own a nice home, particularly an older home, and you want the new feature to reflect the original old-world charm and craftsmanship, you want Russ. He's bright, and college educated, and knows how to do everything. His passion is for finish carpentry, but he's great at everything.

Category decks, replacement windows, skylights, woodworking, home remodeling

DunRite Home Improvement

My name is Kevin and here’s a little bit about what we do. We offer many types of home improvement options. I started doing construction work about 8-9 years ago, and fell in love from the beginning. Our team is very particular in doing things the right way! Making sure the jobs are DONE RIGHT! We take pride in what we do. We take the time for preparation and making sure everything is protected. We realize these projects are Important to our customers, therefore they’re important to us! We pay attention to the details. We are productive, quiet and on time. Integrity is very important to us and hope to have the pleasure to do your home improvement needs. From painting, to remodeling, we can do the job for you! And if you want the job done right, make sure to give DunRite a call!

Rhino Pro Painting

Rhino Pro Painting 716-695-7366 or 716-602-8791

TC's Painting of WNY

TC's Painting of WNY is a fully licensed & insured company that provides outstanding customer service, along with high quality services and attention to detail! We are a Trustworthy Painting Company and provide free estimates. You can count on us to give honest evaluations of your project. We are owner operated, and are looking forward to working with you for your next project. We provide the following services: Interior & Exterior Painting, Power Washing, Drywall Repair, Popcorn removal, wallpaper removal, trim work and Staining.

Satisfaction

Handyman & small repairs.