Ortner's Overhead Door

Buffalo, NY 14217

Award winning....

07/13/2020

Suzanne K.

Will NEVER call this company again. I was charged MORE than $86 for a service call (incl tax) and was not informed beforehand what this cost would be. KNOW THIS BEFORE YOU CALL! They won't tell you!

Description of Work
Checked out my overhead garage door light and was informed the bulbs I installed don't work.

Category doors

08/11/2018

Lis F.

They gave me a window of time they were supposed to be there. When it was almost 1 hour after their window, I had to call them to see if they were still coming. When the person finally arrived, he was pleasant and seemed knowledgeable about my needs for a new garage door motor. He said he would get back to me with a price in a few days. Almost 3 weeks later, I didn’t hear anything and I called the office to follow up. I was told the tech was out on a job and he would call me that day when he got back to the office and things would get straightened out. That was two weeks ago, and I still haven’t heard back from him. I guess they have enough business and don’t need mine.

Description of Work
Needed new garage door motor

06/06/2017

Hillary W.

They were able to do the work very quickly (it was a safety concern when the door was obviously broken and might invite thieves) and had the best price. While after initial installation it was difficult to open the door they later returned and fixed it. The service people were very nice and easy to work with.

Description of Work
They replaced a garage door and later serviced it to insure it worked properly.

11/12/2016

Harriet O.

Sent them an email later Friday afternoon about a problem and they called me after 7 pm to give me a simple solution at no cost. This courtesy saved me a service call.. the gentleman was so kind to do this. I will Definitely use them if ever needed and will let my neighbor, who has a garage door problem, their name and number. God bless this company.

Description of Work
Had sent email for an estimate of work on a problem with garage door remote

08/06/2016

Jamie S.

Excellent work. Chris was on-time and worked diligently to fix the door. When he discovered he needed some additional help to manage the job, a second person showed up within minutes. Chris was very diligent and professional in solving the problem. Great job. Also, Dave was friendly and professional on the phone in setting up, then later confirming the appointment.

Description of Work
Repair garage door pulley and cable system

07/25/2016

Susan R.

Very prompt response and service time. Dave was friendly, professional, and efficient. Fee was very reasonable and new door estimate was as well- will definitely use in the future and recommend to others. Have had problem with one opener not operating consistently due to extreme weather temps affecting sensor -Again, response was great and at this point, mutual decision made to hold off on further service unless it worsens.

Description of Work
Repair two garage door openers and give estimate on new doors.

06/04/2015

Marion K.

The service went very well. They were on time, friendly and professional. I've used them in the past and am always happy with the work supplied.

Description of Work
The company installed a new garage door.

05/18/2015

CINDY S.

Excellent service! Came right away, as I couldn't open my garage door. (Had to call a friend for a ride to work!) When I got home, my bill itemized bill was near the door into the house, and the area where they worked was spotless. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Fixed a broken spring while I was at work.

01/16/2015

Jean C.

Excellent experience! Definitely would call him again.

Description of Work
Changed the spring, and 3 rollers on my garage door.

12/30/2014

JOHN G.

Installed in less than six hours by one person. Great job.

Description of Work
Install new steel garage door. Remove old wooden door. Clean up thoroughly.

11/26/2014

Dorothy R.

Was prepared for the same bad news as other estimates - buy a new door opener! Technician immediately knew what was wrong with the opener (totally none functional) and replaced an inexpensive part. VOILA! It's been working just fine since!

Description of Work
Replaced a part in the opener motor that "was not fixable" by other companies that came out!

09/13/2014

Kathleen M.

After calling a few other places, I called and asked if they could install a garage door opener I purchased and was not able to install myself as I originally thought. The owner said he could hopefully squeeze me in within a week but would have to call me back. The scheduling was a little bit hectic and they gave me a one day notice to come and do the work, but they did call back which was great. The tech who came out was wonderful. Friendly, efficient, and was explaining things to me as he went. He was careful to make sure it was tuned correctly and moved smoothly. I believe I got my money's worth and happy that they would install a garage door opener that was not theirs for a flat fee.

Description of Work
Installed a garage door opener that I had purchased.

06/19/2014

BRUCE W.

Such.quick response was appreciated. The bonus was when I asked if he should do both springs and he said failure of one does not indicate possible failure of the other. This saved some $ and it has been working well for 2 and 1/2 years. Also I noticed when he was cleaning up he lubricated all the rollers and hinge points. Nice touch.

Description of Work
Garage door was stuck shut with a broken spring, cars inside, no access. Ortners sent a guy out same day as called. He jacked up the door and replaced a broken spring.

04/21/2014

Nancy B. R.

It went beautifully! Since my single car door was old and made in Canada, I wasn't sure I would be able to solve the problem at all. The serviceman was creative and managed to fit a piece onto the bottom of the door that met the concrete driveway-thus preventing water, snow and mice from entering the garage. Mice had previously Made a nest under the hood of my car and made a mess of the insulation. No more problems! Mouse and water free zone now!

Description of Work
Replaced the sealing strip at the bottom of the door.

04/15/2014

Donna G.

The installation went very well without any problems. I was very pleased with the person who installed the door. He was very professional and did a great job with the door. Also, after this past winter which was very cold and windy I found that the quality of the door and workmanship of installation was a life saver. I'm very pleased with this company and would highly recommend them to my family and friends!

Description of Work
Installed new garage door with new hardware and springs. Also installed larger rubber bottom gasket on door.

02/25/2014

Steven W.

Obtained several estimates; product was the same or similar across the board but Ortner's was the least expensive. Showed up when they said they would, finished in a couple of hours, and work was solidly done.

01/07/2014

Ellen B.

Garage door would not close. Came out on the coldest day of the year and fixed it in no time. Would definately recommend.

Description of Work
Repaired garage door.

10/03/2013

Madeline V.

David, the installer came and installed the electronic garage door opener for my mom. He was very informative and explained everything and answered my questions with a friendly manner. I was quite pleased. The only thing I wasn't too pleased about is that he came with a different brand opener than I asked for. However, he said this was a better make and gave a better warranty. Other than that I am quite pleased with this company as it was the first time I have ever used them.

Description of Work
replaced a electronic garage door opener

09/23/2013

Carol S.

I was very disappointed in my phone contact with this provider. The gentleman was rude on phone and wanted to blame me for not answering the phone when I was waiting for the salesman out of doors. He indicated that he would go onto another appointment as my phone was obviously out of order! The salesman was pleasant but my experience with the gentleman by the name of Ortner on the phone discouraged me from dealing with this company.

Description of Work
Provider was contacted for a 2nd quote for a new garage door

09/07/2013

MARGARET B.

Owner called me back on same day I left a message with his wife. Told me the job could be done the following week and he would call me to set up exact day and time. He called me back on 9/3 and asked if the following day was ok for me. I said yes, but need to know what time. He told me it would be about 2:30 pm. On 9/4, I got a call from the owner to inform me the installer would be early, and could get to my house by 2:00. At exactly 2:00 pm the truck was pulling in my driveway. Job went smoothly, the installer was informative about the new opener. ---- They only problem I was not happy about is, the truck was leaking transmission fluid on my driveway. I didn't say anything about it, just put cat litter on it when the installer. I do feel that proper vehicle maintenance is important when parking a vehicle in someone's driveway.

Description of Work
Installed new 1/2 hp electric garage door opener. - I called this company, beacuse they installed a new garage door at the property 7 years ago, and the job went well.

09/05/2013

Eileen M.

My experience with them turned out very good. I would recommend them. They were very professional and they did a good job. They charged me the service call only.

Description of Work
Ortner's Overhead Door came out and re-hooked up my garage door, which was unhooked and said that I did not need to replace the whole mechanism.

08/09/2013

Karen S.

They have been in business for a long time. They were local, and they have competitive prices. They didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
I purchased and they installed a new garage door.

07/16/2013

Deborah V.

When I spoke to Rich about replacing my garage door opener, he immediately quoted me a price and explained the product he would install. We set an appt early morning as I needed to go to work afterwards. I was told 9:00 and he arrived at 10:00. He explained what he would be doing and that it would take approx 1.5 hrs. I also asked him about replacing the rusted rails the door rolls on and he said only one needed replacement and the other was still good. Dave did a great job, cleaned up afterwards and removed all the old parts. I was very happy with the product, service and service rep.

Description of Work
Replaced my garage door opener.

07/10/2013

Sambandamurthy G.

We had a crack in one of the door panel and one of the clamps was bent. We got a reference to Ortner's from my neighbor and the person who came was very nice, polite and explained the problems. He fixed the clamps, fixed the panel with a support bar, all was done in less than 30 mins and cost (material+labor) was about 120. A great deal!

Description of Work
The door made loud noise while operating and had a minor crack. Repair services provided by Ortner's.

07/04/2013

Michele S.

This is the second time I have used this company. Their employees are polite and professional. They are responsive and prompt. The work was done to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace the spring coil on garage door.