MJM ELECTRIC

Founded 1994 • With Angi since September 2006

453 RICHMOND AVE

Buffalo, NY 14222

Licensed and Insured been in business for over 16 years...

05/30/2018

Thomas H.

They setup an estimate quickly and provided a clear written estimate for both jobs. (The list above is 2 jobs I've combined, I was happy the first time and brought them back for the 2nd - price is for both). Tim was punctual, friendly and professional. Work was done neatly, timely and complete. Very very minimal damage done to plaster for all the outlets and lights added in both walls and ceiling. Old houses with plaster - you always have to expect some cracks and crumbles, but they did great at keeping it to an absolute minimum. I absolutely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Approx. 10-11 old outlets replaced, 5 new added, 2 closet lights added, 8 recessed lights added and 2 switches

05/30/2017

Jim S.

10/27/2015

Jayakumar N.

Description of Work
INstalled an outside light on my deck and a new switch inside the home for the light. Also helped replace my non-compliant switches in my kitchen with compliant ones (GCFI). Did an excellent job. Was courteous and efficient.

02/20/2014

Sheila S.

They are excellent, and I am happy with their work.

Description of Work
added 3 new lines to the electrical panel in the basement.

02/23/2013

Terry C.

As soon as I had phoned MJM to tell them that I wanted them to begin the job, I was scheduled for the following Friday. The technicians arrived promptly. Since I had to leave for work, I asked them to work on the project in my absence and to lock the doors when they finished. All work was finished within that one day. The work area was left neat and all trash placed into a box for my disposal.

Description of Work
When I purchased my house, all of the slots in my electrical panel were filled with circuits. Not long after moving in, I had the opportunity to purchase seven large pieces of woodworking machinery, which I wanted in my basement for a workshop. Thus, I needed a number of new electrical sockets, which would require installation of a new subpanel and a number of new electrical circuits. MJM came to the house to give an estimate of the work. During the 'walk-thru', the technician made a number of good suggestions for positioning of circuits and sockets that would improve on my first plans for the location and types of circuits. There was no rush in discussing the project with me and determining the best way to complete the job. The technician was friendly, helpful, and professional. I had received estimates from two other companies. The estimate from MJM was the lowest.

11/04/2012

James B.

They gave us a very competitive quote on the work we needed done. They arrived when scheduled and completed the work efficiently. There was an issue after they had finished the work but as soon as we informed them of this they were very responsive and went above and beyond to correct the situation. We were extremely pleased with our experience and would use them again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Complete updating of all electric, moved meters, etc

07/27/2012

MARY W.

Very good experience, on time, Tim knows his "stuff". Broom cleaned when job was completed. Will use this company again.

Description of Work
Install ceiling fan in bedroom.

04/28/2012

aaron P.

My over all experience with MJM was excellent and I would recommend them to anyone. The gentleman that came out and did the estimate was punctual and professional. On the day that the electrician was supposed to show up I received a call from him saying he was having car issues and was going to be late. I didn't mind this because he called instead of just not showing. He arrived about 1.5 hours later and started work on the electrical panel. He was respectful, professional and worked efficiently. When he finished he cleaned up the work area and didn't leave any trash behind. I would highly recommend this company to anyone because of the professional workers and fair price.

Description of Work
I called the company to come out and give me an estimate to have a 100 amp Federal Pacific electrical panel with breakers replaced. I approved the work order and they replaced the electrical panel and breakers.

03/31/2012

wolf W.

MJM Electric is very professional, they stick to their schedule, they stick to their price estimate, they come in and leave on time, and they bring the crew they need.

Description of Work
MJM Electric upgraded our power supply to get more amps into the house and they also took care of switching from aluminum to copper wires.

11/17/2011

Jan L.

I am waiting on the quote at this time. On the last job they did for me they went above and beyond the call of duty. I was very satisfied with the last job they did for me; which was replacing an electric socket in the basement. They are very fair and knowledgeable and I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used MJM Electric to give me an estimate for a new circuit breaker box.

Category electrician, small appliance repair

10/14/2011

Darryl R.

Their pricing was really good. We received quotes from several places and they were the most reasonable. They arrived on time and did the job efficiently. They completed everything on time and passed the inspection. They followed all of the rules and regulations now set for electrical wiring.

Description of Work
MJM Electric rewired our home. They installed circuit breakers and got rid of the fuses.

08/19/2011

Barbara B.

On the day scheduled Tim and an apprentice appeared promptly at 8:00 am and immediately began work and completed the work I had requested in the garage. Unfortunately Tim's mother was hospitalized and they had to leave early that day and a substitute for Tim came the second day. I was not as happy with Wade, the substitute. He may be a capable electrician, but he needs to learn more about dealing with the customer. He did several things, without consulting me, though I was in the house the whole time. In the end he broke a valued mug which was hanging on a rack on the kitchen wall, which he should have taken down before he sawed into that wall. He did not even confess and apologize. I found the mug in the waste basket after he had left. He also left me with a hole in my aluminum siding because he installed an exterior outlet on the existing overloaded circuit, and when he changed it, at my insistence, did not reuse his original hole, but drilled a new one! When I was vacuuming after the job had been totally completed, I found that Wade had also left me with a hole in an interior wall where he had drilled all the way through when he had installed an outlet in the bedroom on the other side. I hadn't seen this immediately because it was behind a door. Had the entire job been left to Wade, I would be giving MJM a much much lower rating. But Tim returned on the third day and finished up the job and made everything right. I am really rating Tim's work and cannot know whether Tim or Wade is typical of MJM. Beware. Bottom line, they had estimated 3 days. They showed up when scheduled and completed the job in three days. There were some customer service faux-pas, but, with Tim's help, things were smoothed over and I am now happy with the work done. I would say that MJM is capable of quality work, but be cautious from a customer service point of view. Check for broken personal items and incorrect installation when they are done and insist they make it right.

Description of Work
I had ask them to update a house with circa 1945 wiring. It had only one outlet per room and most things all on one circuit. I also wanted a CCTV security system, which I had in the box, installed. I got three estimates on the work and MJM was in the ball park with all others. I chose MJM because Tim who did the estimating was knowledgeable about the security system where the other contractors had kind of balked at the idea. Tim also was very personable and offered additional helpful suggestions. It was basically Tim who secured the job for MJM.

08/03/2011

Robert S.

The 2 man crew arrived at the specified time and quickly went to work running a new line from the breaker box to the bathroom. They installed a GFCI plug and a new switch as well as two light fixtures I had purchased. They worked qiuckly and quietly, finishing the work in 3 hrs. They then cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
They rewired old bathroom lighting, and installed GFCI plug and a new switch. Making the bathroom electrical code compliant .

07/22/2011

John M.

I called MJM to get an estimate on some repair/new electrical work. An appointment was scheduled for 8am a few days later. The day of the appointment, no one showed. I called them back, and was told that the person who was supposed to come out got pulled off to another job, and no one had told her. She offered to have the guy come the next morning at 8am instead. The next day, the guy arrived promptly at 8am. We spent about an hour going through all of the work I wanted done - some fixes to existing outlets/wiring, and adding a couple of switches and exterior outlets. The guy was very professional and asked appropriate questions, took a lot of notes, and suggested things that might help save money/time. After waiting for the quote for 2 weeks, I finally called the company. I was told and quot;the quote was mailed yesterday, and I should have it today.and quot; It did not arrive until 2 days later, which means they were completely fabricating the fact that they had previously mailed the quote. I opened up the quote, only to find that while the address and name were correct, the work to be performed was completely wrong (it was for fixing up a fire-damaged home), and the quoted price was clearly for that work, and not the work I'd requested. I called the company, and was told that the guy who did my quote was on vacation, and that they could not find my real paperwork and didn't know what happened. They could send someone back out to start all over again if I wanted, but I declined. So, all in all, the process took more than 3 weeks, and was a complete waste because the company failed at every step in the process. I'm sure they do a good job on the actual wiring - the guy seemed competent about his electrical work - but I would never use them again because the support process around their work is atrocious.

Description of Work
Fix some existing wiring issues, and add a couple of outlets and switches.

04/14/2011

Natalie S.

I scheduled an appointment for an estimate and waited the morningof the estimate for Tim to show up. No one arrived. I called and left a message requesting a call explaining the reason for the missed appointment and to reschedule. To date, I have received no follow-up call.

Description of Work
provide estimate for an electrical upgrade

01/21/2011

Terry C.

Joe, the technician, arrived on time and immediately assessed the job. Removal of the existing fixture and installation of the multi-component antique chandelier was done quickly and professionally. After the installation, Joe discussed the details of the installation and made some very useful recommendations for switching options, dimmers, etc. He was very pleasant and professional. After the job, I asked him to make an assessment of another job, installation of a lighting fixture in a pantry. He planned out the job and told me that whenever I wanted it done, to phone MJM and ask for him, as he would remember the requirements. This is the fourth instance that I'm employed MJM to perform electrical work in two different houses. I wholeheartedly recommend them and will use them for all future electrical work.

Description of Work
Removal of ceiling lighting fixture and installation of a heavy chandelier in dining room

11/12/2010

Joan M.

Response was prompt, job was estimated correctly. Very pleased with service provided.

Description of Work
Update electrical outlet in 2 bathrooms and troubleshoot electrical services. Installed 2 bathroom lighting fixtures.

07/02/2010

ERROL S.

The work has excellent. They are very thorough, prompt, quick, and responsive. Their pricing is also reasonable.

Description of Work
They have helped with a variety of electrical issues.

05/04/2010

Jayakumar N.

The receptionist at MJM electric who answered my call was courteous, professional and arranged for a serviceman to visit my house in a day's time. The serviceman arrived punctually (actually 5 min early both times), was very polite and answered all my questions patiently. He gave me a free estimate of the costs involved and that is what he charged me after the work was done. He knew right away what the probable cause of the problem was and he was right. After the work, an invoice was made out in triplicate and a copy given to me. He was young, bright and knowledgeable and did an excellent job. He also cleaned up after his work. I think the price was very nominal. I highly recommend this agency.

Description of Work
My office room power outlets would lose power once in a while and remain like that for days. I suspected electrical shortcircuiting somewhere in the line and was quite worried. The MJM serviceman quickly identified it as a loose connection on one of the outlets down the line, opened and checked every outlet down the line, traced the problem and rectified it. Power restored and the problem has not recurred. During that time he also repaired a faulty switch in the room as well. It costed me only $65. I had him come again the next week to replace all my kitchen power outlets with GFI outlets (5 outlets), and install a dedicated power outlet for my stove pulling a line from the basement. The stove power cord was earlier running of an extension cord which was against code. Cost of service was $250.

05/15/2009

EDITH B.

He came right on time. He seemed very professional, went about his business. As far as I know everything is working the way it should. He said they would send me an invoice.

Description of Work
He put in a 420 line and an outdoor light. I called him back to fix some wiring in the house. The job was a little difficult to diagnose but he worked hard to correct it.

02/06/2009

Sandra B.

Service people were courteous, arrived on time, and quickly diagnosed the problem. They provided a precise cost estimate and completed the work expeditiously.

Description of Work
Diagnosed electrical outage and replaced master switch in circuit box.

10/31/2008

Edward G.

The installation itself was fine and the electrician was very professional and friendly. However, the dispatcher apparently never told him he was supposed to do the work, so even though I had made an appointment the week before, I had to call them when he was an hour late. It took another hour for him to get here.

Description of Work
Installed a motion sensor light on the back of my garage, connected it to existing garage line.

Category lighting

07/07/2008

wolf M.

It was very smooth. We had liked the feedback that people had given them on Angie's List. As soon as we talked to them about the project, they were very responsive. They did a nice walk through, making good suggestions. They told us where we could save some money. They did everything we wanted them to do. They did it all on time. I have nothing to complain about. They were very professional.

Description of Work
They did a complete electrical service upgrade. They fixed up all the outlets to change from aluminum to copper wiring. They put a new breaker box in. They also installed recessed lights into the ceiling. They installed new smoke detectors in the house.

02/17/2007

LAURA D.

Overall it went great! They were on time, fixed the outlet quickly, and I was surprised at the low price.

Description of Work
I needed to have an electrical outlet fixed in a rental unit. I didn't know exactly the extent of the damage. MJM came on Dec. 26 at exactly the time of our appointment. The electrician was able to replace the outlet in about a half hour. He also tested the outlet and explained that the outlet was also hooked to a light switch. The tenant and I didn't even know that.

09/30/2006

DANIEL L. M.

Promptly came over to give estimate and look over jobs. Had other potential things for them to do but they offered alternative suggestions that saved money. Minor communication glitch about who/when work to be performed. Technician performing work was courteous, professional and clean. Everything worked fine, job well done. One month until bill arrived. Reasonably priced-not cheap. Small neighborhood-type company.

Description of Work
Electric oven hook-up from fuse box. New outlet installation on porch.

Roy's Plumbing, Inc.

At Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, customers will find a team of highly skilled home service technicians in Buffalo, Tonawanda, Hamburg, and beyond. We have been serving the Western New York area since 1974 and provide everything you need to keep your home’s most vital systems in good order. We offer a comprehensive range of options for all of your Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, and Electrical needs. Further, our expert services are available to customers 24/7 – you will never have to wait to get the service you need! Call Roy's today to schedule an appointment at 716-218-1116.

Gremlin Control LLC

Call today for home automation and home theater services.

Offers by Gremlin Control LLC on Angi
    Master Electric of WNY

Master Electric Co, ECC Electrical Construction Corp. and Energy Cost Control Corp. in Buffalo, New York, is an electrical and generator company that has been in the industry for over 47 years. Our family of companies provide Commercial, Industrial, & Residential Generator and electrical sales, service and installation. We also provide Energy Control services. Whether your project is for new construction, repair, troubleshooting, renovation, or emergency electrical repair, our highly skilled electrical technicians will finish the task at hand in a timely, efficient manner.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

NEW CONSTRUCTION. RENOVATION AND IMPROVEMENTS. ELECTRICAL SERVICE INSTALLATION AND UPGRADE. APPLIANCE WIRING - DRYERS, STOVES, AIR CONDITIONERS. GFI OUTLETS. LANDSCAPE LIGHTING. OUTLETS AND SWITCHES. SMOKE DETECTOR AND CO DETECTOR INSTALLATION AND WIRING. CUSTOM LIGHTING. PHONE AND COMPUTER WIRING. HOME AUTOMATION, THEATRE AND SOUND POOL WIRING,CEILING FANS AND LIGHTING.