Fair Home Improvements

Founded 1986 • With Angi since July 2006

3620 Harlem Rd Ste 9

Buffalo, NY 14215

Fair Home Improvements is a small local company which has been in business now, for over 21 years. We are located at the corner of Harlem Road and Cleveland Drive and have been there from the beginning. All of our workers are licensed and insured. So that means there isn't a project that we can't tackle and figure out, no matter how tricky it may be. We always work in a neat and orderly fashion. We pride ourselves on starting a job, and not leaving until it is complete....

06/13/2016

Andrea P.

Description of Work
The worker was named Jerry and he came out and installed cabinet accessories so that the shelves in the cabinets slide out, he installed a new railing, he also fixed a huge folding door that fell without having to replaced the actual door itself. They did excellent work, were on time and very tidy and I would use them again in the future!

Category garage doors

02/05/2016

Ronna W.

I have an old house, and the provider needed to improvise and make some adjustments to get the door to fit properly, which he did. Excellent work, great attitude, very pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Provider installed a new door.

Category roofing, doors

07/23/2015

Peter M.

Not pleased. No work was done.

Description of Work
Provider came out to go over improvements needed on 6/17/2015. Said would get back with estimate. Called to check on estimate 7/8/2015. Never returned phone call. Still have not received an estimate.

04/30/2015

Linda C.

Description of Work
two projects....new roof and refacing kitchen cabinets

11/25/2014

Andrea P.

The owner gave us estimates and came in regularly to check the work being done. His workers were skillful, polite and looked to help us save money when necessary. The work was well done and we were happy with it. This was the second time for this company, the first time they rebuilt our garage wall and put in cabinets. We were happy with them and referred them to our sister who had them put in a small bathroom and she was thrilled with the work.

Description of Work
Many different home repairs including a new ceiling and crown molding, putting a dropped ceiling in our basement, refinishing doors, Lights replaced. Put in heating and ventilating fan in our bathroom, cleaning our attic, repairing sidewalk concrete etc.

Category remodeling, roofing

09/22/2014

William Z.

Never heard from him again

Description of Work
Provider came to look at the work. He said I'd have an estimate in a couple of days.

04/01/2013

Frances P.

Waste of time.

Description of Work
I called to received an estimate to replace inferior and exterior doors. The owner who came to perform the estimate was personable and offered suggestions. He did not however follow through with an estimate despite my several attempts to follow up with him. I wouldn't not recommend services.

Category doors

10/24/2012

Lee W.

I had some gingerbread trim and he was supposed to get back to me with a quote on that part of the job and he never got back to me. He was personable, but all in all that's all down the drain as he didn't get back to me when he said he would.

Description of Work
I did get an estimate from Fair Home Improvements for a roof and little bit of trim-work.

Category roofing, siding

10/01/2012

Rick G.

Estimate process never completed or communicated to customer.

Description of Work
I scheduled an appointment with a Fair Home estimator, he was prompt for the appointment, and was very helpful and knowledgeable about window replacement and installation. He took the time and appropriate measurements for 11 vinyl replacement windows and stated that I would receive a written offer within a week. I never received a written job estimate or any further contact. My assumption is that they were too busy to consider my job.

06/18/2012

Linda A.

Description of Work
We are very pleased with our new roof and would recommend them highly. They have been in business for 25 years so they know what they're doing and they do not cut corners. I felt confident that the job was done properly. The owner, Charlie, returned our phone calls the same day and was always around checking on the progress being made. He was very personable and made us feel comfortable. All workers and subcontractors were very competent and friendly. Complete three layer roof tear off, 30 lb. felt paper guard, 72" ice/water shield, aluminum drip and rake edge, new pipe boots, ridege vents, aluminum gutters, repoint chimney joints and flashing, replaced skylight with flashing kit

04/26/2012

Sally V.

They were wonderful and did a good job. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Fair Home Improvement replaced some walls in my mud room and installed some cupboards.

Category remodeling

01/30/2012

Richard P.

They were very thorough and professional. The owner kept in constant touch throughout the whole process. When they were tearing off the roof, a problem occured and Charlie (the owner) came out and rectified the situation immediately to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof and a 2 deck porch and a overhang on the 2nd porch. They used a sub on the gutters and drains.

Category decks, roofing

11/29/2011

Kathy D.

They gave me a quote of $600 to do the work. He was very pleasant. He was very positive about the job. He was good.

Description of Work
Fair Home Improvements came out and gave me an estimate for replacing a couple of doors. One door had to be taken out and a new one put in while the other door had to be opened up a bit.

Category doors

09/24/2011

Lenita V.

They never showed up and never called to cancel.. I will be using another company

Description of Work
Called them for an appraisal to get a new roof for my house.. also need a half bath put in my house... They called a week or so later I wasn't home, I was at the hospital with my daughter who was delivering my grandson, they said they would call back which they did not.. I called them again.. they set a date to come give an appraisal but they never showed up and never called back..

Category roofing, home remodeling

This is out of character for Fair Home Improvements. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We care about all our customers; future and present. Please keep us in mind for the future. Charles Durante - President

08/26/2011

laurie D.

He was very personable, interactive, and professional. He was very engaging. It was a free estimate. If needed, I would call him again in the future too.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Fair Home Improvements for renovating an attic space and converting it into a loft in May of this year.

Category remodeling

08/19/2011

Mike M.

No show, no call on promised date for the estimate I called on 8/12 and left a message that I was interested in an addition and new deck. They responded to message on 8/15 with a call back. No big deal with the delayed call back, it was a weekend. I explained the scope of the work. He setup an appointment for today at 3pm. I stayed home from work this afternoon so I would be here. It's now almost 5:15, no show, no call. What the heck ever happened to reliability and common customer courtesy. Is my time meaningless and worth nothing?

Description of Work
No show, no call on promised date for the estimate.

Category decks, remodeling

I apologize about our scheduling issues. We care about all our customers and this is not an issue we take lightly. I do apologize about this error. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to be of assistance. Charles Durante - President

07/31/2011

Caroline B.

Called for garage roof estimate June 21, 2011. Call not returned.

Description of Work
No services perfomed

Category roofing, replacement windows

We have no record of this call. We keep thorough records of all incoming calls and while mistakes can happen, all calls get logged. I apologize about any inconvenience and please let us know if you are still looking for a skilled contractor to help with your roof. Thank you, Charles Durante - President

06/16/2011

Dianne B.

The only reason I used them was because they were the only ones that responded. I had an emergency situation in Buffalo, New York and I was only there for a few days. I contacted at least 10 different companies and Fair Home Improvements were the only ones that responded back. I probably paid more than I could have but I'm not sure about that.

Description of Work
I used Fair Home Improvements on June 2nd. I had them board up the windows of a home in Buffalo.

01/13/2011

Gail H.

We were very pleased with they did for us. I think they are honest. I can rely on their service. If there has been a problem they come back and rectify it. I feel I can trust the work that they do.

Description of Work
They did a lot of remodeling in our house. Recently we were having trouble with kitchen cabinets. We called them to get different hinges and get them lined up again. They have remodeled kitchens and bathrooms. They put in a whole set of French doors across the back our house. They moved a wall to make a room bigger. They did the roof for us. It had to be a tear off because we had so many roofs on it. Almost every windows and door has been replaced.

Category remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

06/07/2010

Gail H.

He is conscientious, reliable and I feel he will not take advantage of me. I believe he is fair in his price and the work he provides. The owner is Charley Durante.

Description of Work
They performed a lot of remodeling around my home. Windows, doors, sidings, roofing, tile floors, new kitchen along with many other projects around my home.

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows

07/13/2006

PATTY T.

No problems or complaints and Fair Home Improvements prices were excellent. I had done a little checking around and this was the best price and I got quality work.

Description of Work
Fair Home Improvements replaced most windows around the house.

07/10/2006

CAROLYN R.

Fair Home Improvements did everything I wanted them to do. They arrived every day and on time. The worked very hard until the job was completed. I feel they treated me fairly. I'd use them again.

Description of Work
Fair Home Improvements replaced all windows, siding and installed new roofing.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

07/10/2006

Fair Home Improvements did an excellent job on my house. They re-roofed it in a day, which was quick, considering that they had to take off three layers of old roofing. My wife wanted a blue roof to match the color of the house, and it looks great.

Description of Work
I bought new roof shingles from Fair Home Improvements, which the company installed on my cape house after removing the old roofing. They also replaced my gutters.

PV Painting & Decorating Inc

Fully-insured, PV Painting and Decorating manages interior and exterior painting projects for residential and commercial settings. Established in 2011 in western New York, PV Painting is operated by Petar Vukadin, a well-experienced and professionally trained painter. Prior to moving to WNY, Petar perfected his craft as a union painter and independent contractor in Chicago, Illinois. His exceptional trade skills, knowledge, and work ethic are evident by the quality of his work and excellent customer service.

JMW Builders

Solid reputation build on trust and years of experience! We offer an array of services! No job to big for us to handle! Family owned and operated since 2012. So Many happy homeowners and completed projects across Western N Y Call us now 7163802611

Wing Painting & Wallpapering Inc

Wing Painting & Wallpapering is a full service professional contractor. We are fully insured and have been in business since 1976, serving Buffalo and the Western New York area. We accept all major credit cards. Special care and attention given to protect all floors and personal property. Additional email - wingptg@verizon.net.

Offers by Wing Painting & Wallpapering Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Siding, roofing, vinyl & aluminum replacement windows, doors - interior & exterior, carpentry, aluminum & vinyl coated aluminum trim work, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, additions, garage doors, porches & patios.