Advanced Lock & Key

Founded 1997 • With Angi since October 2006

671 Englewood Ave

Buffalo, NY 14223

Local family owned & operated since 1997. We service Erie and Niagra Counties. Certified Registered Locksmith with ALOA for over 20 years. Bonded and insured....

12/12/2018

Roger M.

Mark Dziuba came to do the job. He was exceptionally professional, knowledgeable and personable in every way. Did a perfect job at a very reasonable rate. This is the second time we have used this company and would recommend them again gladly to anyone seeking a locksmith. Can't do better, in my opinion. RogerM.

Description of Work
Several locks re-keyed.

10/11/2018

Jeane L.

Everything about this transaction was first rate. From making the appointment with Dan on the phone to Mark installing and re-keying my locks. They were very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. I now have great new locks and the keys they made to go with them work perfect. They cleaned up every little bit of dirt and were very pleasant to deal with. I will always use this company for any lock issues I have and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed house door locks re-keyed and some replaced

04/12/2018

JAMES & JODY G.

He arrived when promised...only 2 days after I called...and was personable and professional. He even helped me sort through almost 100 old keys. I had been afraid to throw them out over the years. He told me which ones were house keys. Since they were to unknown houses, I knew I did not need to keep them. Very helpful!

Description of Work
After a burglary with a stolen key, I needed all 7 door locks rekeyed. Mark from AAdvanced came quickly and did the work very quickly., even the more complicated Peachtree locks. He also repaired a broken lock on a sliding door by fabricating a replacement part on the spot.

07/18/2017

John V.

I called Advanced on the phone about coming to my house to change my locks. They explained the service call fees to me upfront and the labor per door to do the work. They also told me I could bring all the locks into their shop to save some money. It's only $10/cylinder to re-key each lock! So that's what I did... Greg helped me on a Saturday morning right away. Must've only taken him 30 minutes and he was extremely friendly and professional. When I came back to pick everything up, he even took 5 mins to walk me through re-installation of my deadbolt. Great service! If I ever need locks/ keys/ safes in the future, I'll be back. Thanks!

Description of Work
I needed all my locks in my new house re-keyed.

02/01/2017

Catherine A.

Responded to request rapidly. Very satisfied with results.

Description of Work
Replaced exterior door lock & re-keyed. Replaced interior door knob.

08/08/2016

Dmitry G.

Fast, friendly service, came out the day after I called. Solid work. Really good experience all around.

Description of Work
Install deadbolts, change locks

05/06/2016

Dawn M.

Dan was great to work with. He responded quickly to Angie's List messages, phone calls and texts alike. He gave me an estimate via text with photos of the locks and doors. I received an appointment quickly at a convenient time. He was great about communication, told me when he'd be on his way, and showed up on time. The job turned out to be a little tougher than expected but only ran about $15 more than the original estimate. He rekeyed every lock to accept the same key, and only had to replace one knob which was extremely old. Very happy with his professionalism and service, would definitely use again. Thank you!!

Description of Work
Rekeyed two doorknobs, two deadbolts and garage door.

02/14/2016

Roger M.

Dan Sr. did an excellent job. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional and very easy to speak to. I would gladly recommend him to others. Dan Jr. was also excellent on the phone. A great foamily-owned company.

Description of Work
Replaced front door handle, including extension parts and redrilling wood.

12/21/2015

Leigh K.

The individual was punctua and accomplished what was required.

Description of Work
The entire house was rekeyed.

10/12/2015

Paul L.

Dan at Advance Lock & Key was very responsive, knowledgeable, and effective. Returned my call within a matter of hours and discussed options and selections for replacing a lock on my front door. Even though he was booked the next day, he agreed to come to my home early before his first appointment. Arrived on time and quickly removed old lock and installed a new one. Cleaned up my hallway afterwards, too. Excellent Service on all counts.

Description of Work
Removed non-functioning lock and replaced with new deadbolt on front door.

10/08/2015

John G.

Service was prompt and professional. They did a great job and the price was very reasonable. Thanks advanced lock & key!

Description of Work
Changed locks on newly purchased home.

06/29/2015

Eric R.

My experience was with Dan Jr. He was very professional and courteous. Came onsite to re-key all the locks in the house. The price was well under others, Saturday service, and the time it took was reasonable.

Description of Work
Re-key 9 cylinders and check door security.

06/11/2015

Marian S.

I look for quality work at a fair price, and Advanced Lock & Key really fit the bill. Everything went smoothly, from booking an appointment to the follow through. Dan communicates well - something I certainly appreciate! - and has a great personality; he was a pleasure to have in our new house. We will likely replace our doors soon, and I won't call anyone else.

Description of Work
Re-keyed five locks in our new house and added a deadbolt to the front door.

05/28/2015

Jason R.

They were very professional and responsive to my needs during the installation. The quality of the work was great with no issues and the pricing was very reasonable. I would definitely recommend them to others!

Description of Work
Changed locks on 4 doors and installed a peep hole in the front door.

11/10/2014

Chris J.

The rep talked me through the problem, a broken deadbolt knob from an antique lock. I ended up going into the shop to look through pieces. They spent a lot of time with me and although they weren't able to find replacement piece they did give me excellent advice. I would totally use them in the future for any service they could provide.

Description of Work
Gave advice about finding replacement parts for antique lock.

08/30/2014

christine D.

Even though I walked into the shop 7 minutes before closing on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, Greg diligently and patiently worked on removing a key that had broken in door lock. Once it was removed, he and Dan explained to me that I would probably have some difficulty turning the key in the lock because there had been some damage to the lock...(not due to any negligence on their part!) . I decided to purchase a new Kwikset deadbolt set. Dan did not try to pressure me to buy one...It was already past closing time, but he and Greg were most patient and respectful. I will definitely do business again with Advanced Lock & Key.

Description of Work
Removed key that had broken in lock. Since lock was damaged, I bought replacement parts.

07/19/2014

Amy H.

Quick response to our initial call and able to work around our schedule. Called before coming to the house to confirm, quickly installed deadbolt. Quality product and solid installation. Seems pricy considering it's one deadbolt, but we're not lock experts so it could be a completely reasonable price. Also let us know that the door is warped and they will re-install the deadbolt when we eventually replace the door. Overall, happy with the product and service - would use Advanced Lock & Key again.

Description of Work
Installed deadbolt in front door

05/02/2014

James R.

Everything about the two Dan's was courteous, professional and punctual. My daughter snapped the end of a key off in the deadbolt lock. When Dan Sr. took it out of the door (which took him literally two minutes, there was nothing in it). He found the remnant on the floor. He reinstalled the lock, sprayed it with lubricant, made my two copies and still charged me $66.00 and told me he was giving me deal? Perhaps I am being unreasonable, but I was hoping for a little better break in the price since he was there for a grand total of 10 minutes. I know they have a business to run, blah, blah. I did not feel $66.00 was a reasonable fee for ten minutes work. I feel a little flexibility here would have gone further.

Description of Work
Checked a lock for a broken key, made two copies.

04/02/2014

Jeff G.

We recently moved into a new home, and wanted all exterior doors re-keyed. They gave a telephone estimate and scheduled a prompt service call to do the work. They arrived on time, and had a very professional looking service vehicle. They removed their shoes when they worked indoors. The work was done promptly, and the locks worked better after the work than they did before! He even made a few adjustments that also made the doors work better. I highly recommend this company, and will be going in to their store to purchase a new lockset for my front door. They will rekey the new set I buy to match all of our doors, at no charge. Very good work!

Description of Work
Rekeyed all of our entry locks after moving in to a new home.

03/30/2014

Frieda B.

Jammed deadbolt lock due to tumbler misalignment, probably from age. Could only insert the tip of the key and could not turn it. Locksmith arrived within minutes (as luck would have it, I was the first on their list that day), promptly got me in, explained the issues with the old lock and installed a new one. Also did a bit of adjusting of the strikeplate and ensured that the lock turned smoothly and easily. Also advised lubricating the lock every 6 months as a preventive maintenance measure. I think the whole process took maybe 30 min. Very professional, efficient, pleasant, patient with my questions. Top notch service!

Description of Work
Jammed deadbolt lock. Locksmith made service call, removed old lock and installed new deadbolt.

03/13/2014

Steven S.

Prompt, courteous, very clean and expert installation.

Description of Work
Replace historic mortised door lock

02/19/2014

Ryan B.

The locksmith was late because he had to replace a tire on the trip over. Understandable. My fiance was home when he arrived, and mentioned that he was very courteous and professional. both door locks function correctly, and the work looks good. Price seemed reasonable. I would use this company if needed in the future if needed.

Description of Work
Installed new deadbolts and doorknobs on two doors. Locksmith had to drill new holes for deadbolts on both doors.

12/21/2013

Kelly C.

Dan made sure that he knew what we wanted and he was able to provide us with exactly what we were hoping for. He was very personable and professional.

Description of Work
I received a phone call letting me know Dan was on his way, he arrived on time and did a great job. Dan rekeyed the front door locks, interior garage door locks and drilled for and added a deadbolt and doorknob with lock to the exterior garage door. He also went above a beyond by filing the strike plates so that both interior doors locked easier.

10/26/2013

Colleen C.

I set the appointment up with Dan by phone. He was patient and helpful and I was able to get an appointment within a few days. Mark came at the appointed time. They called to let me know he was on his way, and he arrived right on time. He was friendly and competent. One door presented some complications, but he knew what to do and had the right equipment in the van. He took time to tell me about the quality of my locks (I just bought the house.) and to talk about simple lock and hinge maintenance. He took his shoes off while in the house and cleaned up after himself. I would definitely call them again and am confident that I'd get my money's worth.

Description of Work
Re-keyed five door locks.

10/10/2013

Sharilyn H.

I called Advanced Lock on Monday 10/7/13 and made an appointment for Thursday 10/10/13. I spoke with a nice person in the office who said that I could have the second appointment of the day on Thursday which would be between 11-1130am. On Thursday no one from Advanced Lock showed up at my home by noon, so I called the contact number of the business. I was informed that the appointment before mine had run over and they would contact me when they were on their way. By 1230 pm I called the business back to get an ETA and was informed that it would be at least another 1/2 hour before they could get to my home. When I originally made the appointment I told the scheduler that I needed to leave my home at 130pm to pick my daughter up from school. I cancelled the appointment on the phone because I didnt think there was any way that they could fix the three separate locks at my home in a 1/2 an hours time. The owner of the business called me five minutes later to assure me that they werent "blowing me off", but I told him that I was still cancelling the appointment. At the end of the day, they knew the original time that they had quoted me, and never even bothered to call to let me know that they were running late, probably because they figured I would just wait for them. Well, they were wrong, my time is as valuable as theirs and I think they were very worried that I would post a bad review on Angie's List, they were correct about that. As far as I am concerned if you cant bother to call, you dont get a second chance with me.....

Description of Work
Nothing