Waxtel LLC

Founded 2016 • With Angi since July 2018

Before you jump into a project call us first. We will give you one of our clients to contact, they will convince you and sell you to use Waxtel LLC as your contractor. We specialize in Kitchen and Bathroom renovations, but are experienced with custom fabrication and carpentry. Our flooring, tile and carpentry are of a supreme quality. We also do plumbing and electrical, in order to offer a complete one stop source for any renovation need. Specializing also in Ikea kitchens. Will also guide you through the entire process from start to finish....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+28 more images

home remodeling (55)woodworking (32)drywall (10)lighting (4)insulation (3)tile installation (50)interior painting (45)plumbers (43)architect (10)decks & porches (8)foundation repair (3)roofing (3)

09/18/2022

Tina M.

My apartment is located on upper east side of Manhattan, the renovation is very complicated with a lot of regulations and I am very picky person with perfection mentality. My contractor is David who is very cool guy, He has done amazing job in the short time with low price that makes me very happy. I am a designer that I have my style set but he has done exactly what I like which impressed me completely. Even after service, he has always tried to help us with anything we need with no condition. We are very lucky to found a great contractor like him with Worry free. I am highly recommended him with pleasure.

Description of Work
Renovations

Category ceramic tile, insulation, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/30/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39876842

09/09/2022

Michele I. A.

Dave Waxtell, the owner, was brilliant and delivered in full. I enjoyed good communication and good guidance on costs and options, dealing with unexpected findings clearly and professionally in a way that left me, as the client, feeling comfortable.

Description of Work
Repair after Water Damage

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/01/2022

08/30/2022

Mary M.

Renovation and installation done very well. The team had to work around supply chain issues and they were accommodating. Dave was always responsive to texts, emails and calls.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation, including installation of pocket door. Also created laundry closet out of smaller linen closet and covered unwanted wooden hallway door with two white doors.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/18/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39854898

08/11/2022

David N.

Overall much higher quality work, now the walls are plumb and square, tile pattern is correct and well balanced. The bathroom design is exactly the same other than a few minor details where they suggested a different angle or joint but if you could see them side by side there's no comparison on the work. The previous GC never finished the punch list, there were a hundred pieces of blue tape on the walls. Now we have one piece of tape on the floor in each room.

Description of Work
Gut reno of two bathrooms messed up by previous contractor

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39831730

07/17/2022

Scott K.

The two-person team from Waxtel did an excellent job here. They were professional, competent, courteous, and a real pleasure to work with. All the work was high quality and thorough. One of the best interactions I’ve had with a construction team. Highly recommended! Definitely would hire again. Before & after photos of a couple of the projects attached.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous repairs in my apartment: - replaced water-damaged wood floor in laundry closet with tile floor - replaced kitchen cabinet under-mounted task lights - replaced bathroom ceiling can light fixture - resolved bathroom sink faucet problem with restricted water flow

Category ceramic tile, lighting, plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 07/17/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39801540

07/15/2022

Karen C.

The quality of the work is excellent! It was also completed efficiently. And everyone at Waxtel is a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom renovation, skim coating and painting apartment, refinishing floors, changing light fixtures

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

07/14/2022

Jeremy K.

We are very pleased with the outcome of our project. The process went as smoothly as one could hope for especially considering the difficulties we faced with our condo association. David Waxtel was a gentleman throughout the process. He put together a good team of laborers and a job Forman who saw to each daily task with creativity and good ways of working. They were prompt each morning and worked well with our building Super in meeting all requirements including daily prep and cleanup. I was present throughout the project and saw good quality work each step of the way. The icing on the cake was the price. Waxtel company quoted me the lowest price of the five contractors I bid this job to, and stayed within that quote to the end. I couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
Full bath renovation including removal of bathtub and installation of shower stall using new tile, linear drain, new shower kit, glass shower panel, new vanity, cabinetry, wall niches, lighting and electrical. In living room we upgraded all electrical outlets, added recessed ceiling lighting. In bedroom we added vanity with mirror and lights. Upgraded electrical as well and ceiling light fixture. In entryway we added a dressing nook with wall mounted cabinetry, decorative woodwork, strip lighting, new electrical, and ceiling light fixture. The entire apartment was repainted as well.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/15/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39828760

07/14/2022

Aseem S.

Dave and his team are phenomenal. Very professional, cared for our space with attention to details like covering up furniture to minimize dust. They added temporary plastic entryways to the work area. Always on time and responsive. Can't find a fault in their craftsmanship,.

Description of Work
Added a room and interior windows.

Category insulation, plumbing, remodeling, architect, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39797762

06/13/2022

Sharon H.

We put off renovating our small Brooklyn apartment for years. We could not get a single recommendation from friends for a contractor, just tales of bad experiences. So, I took a chance on Dave based on the Angie’s List reviews, and I am very happy I did. I can now add to the good reviews. The Team were fantastic, and the quality of the work was excellent. The team are problems solvers, and when we ran into the occasional issues they were able to find good solutions. The work was scheduled to take 3-4 weeks (full kitchen remodel, refinish wood floors, new bathroom floor tiling, electrics, appliances, custom woodwork etc.) and we moved out for the renovation. It took the full 4 weeks, with the team having to come back twice to wrap up final touches (mostly due to supply chain issues, not a fault of the contractor). Our site manager was Rich, who was extremely responsive to all my questions and texts, and believe me I had a lot of questions. I had no problems getting the contractor back onsite to finish when the last deliveries arrived. Based on my experience, I would certainly recommend Waxtel LLC. You will love your new Kitchen!

Description of Work
Full kitchen remodel, wooden floors refinished, bathroom tiling, painting, electrics, drywall repair, custom carpentry.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

05/25/2022

Jess B.

There is no better team. I am trying to get them to come to my new house in another state. They made every project simple which made it easy to get done on time. Impeccable service and care. Beautiful work at an incredibly reasonable price.

Description of Work
Kitchen, Bathroom, Painting, General Apartment work

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/24/2022

05/24/2022

John M.

We are very happy with our renovation. Results were beautiful. They stayed within price and time estimate, but most importantly Dave is an honest decent person who’s very communicative. There will always be hiccups and we expected some. The Waxtel group was able to work with us to create a great bathroom. Tiling was top notch.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39745908

05/04/2022

Nirej S.

Waxtel took my call immediately, sent someone to identify the problem and ameliorate the same day, and complete all repairs two days later. Very efficient, professional, and responsive at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Identifying leak, fixing door jam and drywall

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/14/2022

03/22/2022

ALAN W.

Waxtel LLC did a major renovation on my co-op on Sutton Place South. The renovations included new bathrooms, new kitchen, painting, floor restoration and a host of other repairs and renovations. The Company is excellent and I would highly recommend them. Besides the excellent workmanship, the owner, Dave Waxtel, was extremely responsive to all issues. I have dealt with contractors many times, and I would say Waxtel is the best one I have ever used. Moreover, the price was reasonable and fair. You will not be disappointed if you hire them. If you would like to see the work performed, you can view it on Street Easy--45 Sutton Pl South, Apt. 15G. All pictures should be uploaded by 4/1/2022.

Description of Work
New bathrooms, new kitchen, floors, painting.

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/22/2022

03/10/2022

Brian G.

We worked with Dave on a refresh of our kitchen back in the fall (new floor tiling, repainted cabinets, new backsplash) and just recently completed a full bathroom remodel with him. Dave and his team are very nice and reasonable people and they care a great deal about delivering excellent work. There was one question I had on something in the bathroom that was so nitty I almost didn’t want to bring it up, and within an hour someone was back in my apartment peeling up tile so that the issue could be fixed and we would be perfectly satisfied with the work. I’ve been incredibly happy to have selected Dave and would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for kitchen or bathroom work.

Description of Work
Kitchen refresh and bathroom remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/10/2022

02/07/2022

Nirej S.

Very well. My condo in Brooklyn sustained considerable damage after Ida. Neither mitigation companies nor contractors were taking calls. Not only did Waxtel agree to help me, they did so promptly, we’re highly responsive, and did a great job. Subsequent to the job being completed, I encountered difficulty getting my insurance company to pay. Waxtel was very helpful in negotiating that process and continued being exceptionally responsive to well after the job was complete.

Description of Work
Post-Ida clean up, drywall/insulation removal, reconstruction.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, insulation, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/20/2021

02/02/2022

Craig C.

I worked with Dave Waxtel to rebuild my master bathroom shower following a leak. I found Waxtel on Angi.com after trying for months to work with another contractor who was unreliable and excessively expensive. Waxtel was reliable before, during, and after the job was complete. The work was done to a high level. The price charged was fair. I would work with Waxtel again and have already recommended him to a neighbor.

Description of Work
Shower rebuild

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/02/2022

02/01/2022

Benjamin T.

The worst contractor I have ever used. I had them in to repair flood damage. Dave is horribly unorganized. Communication was a nightmare. He constantly mixed me up with other apartments, didn't update me on timelines, didn't show up on time. I paid for ubers to my apartment multiple times or was forced to stay in hotels night off because of his incompetence. Then, they cheaped on the flood repair. They said dehumidifiers in the contract, used blowers. Said they would replace doors, didn't. After Dave sent back people five times. It took me hovering over his contractors to show them problems instead of him taking any responsibility for his team. Some pictures of the issues still remaining are attached. I have up after the repeated waste of my time. In addition, they did DAMAGE to my place. They broke a light fixture (and lied about it). Got paint on cables. Got paint on the toilet. everywhere. They even took one of MY BUILDINGS blowers. Stay far away from this monster taking advantage of people in a natural disaster. I just had my lawyer send a demand letter - I intend to sue this man for the work and hopefully get him to lose his license. He is a disgrace to all contractors. This man should be out of business!

Description of Work
Flood Repair Contractor

Category woodworking, interior painters, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/01/2021

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39615718

This man is 100% OCD There was a flood in the basement I got reviews from management and an adjoining apartments and both we’re five stars this man, there’s something wrong with him, this review does not represent our company. He also paid me in full.

01/29/2022

lou G.

Where do I begin? I'm so disappointed since they had pretty good reviews. There is poor communication between the owner and those who work for him that created many issues such as wrong door swing, wrong paint color, construction materials being thrown out, and workers sitting around for hours drinking beer. The job was delayed many days due to his workers not being properly supervised. they did not clean up adequately or protect areas not under renovation. One worker even left us a container of URINE despite the fact they had full access to a working bathroom! David Waxtel insisted on using his cabinet and tile guys who caused further delays in job completion. yes, Covid caused some delay, but my cabinet guy had them in stock as did my tile guy. next time I use my own people. My basement is still cold due to the fact they did not properly insulate one wall. when I caught the worker trying to close the wall I asked his supervisor why and we caught the worker in a lie saying he told the supervisor he needed more insulation, didn't have it and he tried to close the wall without me seeing him. They wanted me to create a punch list of items I wanted them to fix. it was so many I had to ask if this was seriously their completed best work? I ended up throwing them off the job and plan to either do the finish work myself or hire someone to fix Waxtel's screw-ups. I would recommend staying far away from these guys.

Description of Work
kitchen, bathroom, basement framing, insulation, and sheetrock

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

Review for Waxtel LLC - 524 16th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39612910

There is times you can’t make a customer happy. The customer got a finished product, there was two new bathrooms and a new kitchen, plus we rebuilt walls and sheet rocked the basement. The plumbing was in such a state it had to be replaced. I came back multiple times and could not make him happy. The pictures show where all rectified. We are a professional operation and are other reviews stand out and show proof of the final product.

12/24/2021

Jeffrey F.

Dave Waxtel is a highly professional contractor from start to finish. He showed up on time to scope out my job, followed up with a well prepared proposal with detailed scope of work and provided me with good references. As soon as I selected him, he was ready to go. He provided all of the required paperwork for our coop management company and then referred me to an appliance dealer, who had high quality equipment available at a fair price. I wanted someone who would coordinate the entire process from start to finish and Dave and his team came through perfectly. His crew were well skilled workmen, who showed up on time, did excellent work and were very respectful of my home (I am a cat dad and this type of experience makes me nervous. They were great with my cats). The project manager came by every day and added real value coordinating the deliveries and running to get supplies when required. We encountered an unexpected plumbing challenge and Dave's plumber was available quickly to remedy the issue. Dave was available for questions and follow up, and visited the site a couple of times during the week that the job took. Everyone was very nice and I was comfortable having them working in my home. The entire experience was way better than I might have hoped for. Nothing that I worried about happened. The job was very well done at a fair price. If you are looking for a contractor for an upcoming project, I strongly recommend that you speak with Dave Waxtel; you'll regret it if you don't.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

Category plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/13/2021

10/23/2021

Deirdre K.

This is my 3rd time working with Dave. I can’t say enough. Honest. Reasonable prices. On time. No hidden charges. Answers all calls. I trust his team without hesitation. They tolerated my dogs while I was at work. I left the keys and came home to see a great job. Yes it was that easy. They left the place clean as well. I don’t even remember how I found Dave but I got real lucky. I wouldn’t work with anyone else.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinets replaced.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/23/2021

10/15/2021

Stephen L.

Despite the delivery delays due to covid, everything went well. Dave's guys always arrived on time and I was happy with their work. Sergio's high standards and attention to detail was really appreciated. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/06/2021

10/03/2021

Louis M.

I use Waxtel in my business of managing properties. They are one of my go-to vendors. So when it came time to update my own apartment I used them, and they did not disappoint. Waxtel is responsive and fairly priced. If there are any issues they address them, even after the job is finished. I was pleased with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
Renovation of kitchen, dining and living rooms, involving electrical, carpentry, sheetrock and painting word.

Category ceramic tile, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2021