Vigilante Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 1927 • With Angi since January 2006

4.3

195 Douglass St

Brooklyn, NY 11217

Established in 1927 Vigilante Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning has been the first choice in customer service for almost a century. With a true focus on customer service we plan on being your choice for another 100 years. Additional Contact - Anthony Vigilante. Additional Email - anthony@vigilanteplumbing.com....

05/11/2022

Christopher L.

They did a good job but the follow up has not been stellar. Getting them to come back to take care of running the lines into the walls has been a chore. Overall they did good work.

Description of Work
They installed an HVAC split system.

11/21/2020

G K.

Great...excellent covid prep and smooth professional service

Description of Work
Split system maintenance

Category air duct cleaning

We really appreciate the review, thanks!

07/31/2020

Robert M.

Very satisfied. Their guy came out and ID'ed my problem (banging sound that I thought was old pipes or loose pipes) and essentially gave me a fix in like 10 minutes. Super easy.

Description of Work
Plumbing Services

12/24/2019

jane D.

They led me along for 3 days and then when I called for the third time they said they wouldn’t do it

Description of Work
New toilet installed

Category plumbing

I am sorry for any misunderstanding. Calls are booked at the time of your call, if we don't have capacity to handle your call than we would tell you that at the time of booking. I feel there may be something that was missed here. If you can please call me I am Sal at 718-522-6111. If something went wrong I would really like to correct it so it doesn't happen again in the future.

02/16/2019

Gail M.

My husband called and was informed that they only service long island?

Description of Work
Bathroom shower and sink hot water issues

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed] I am unsure who you spoke to, but we do not even work in Long Island at all. I think you may be rating the wrong company. We only work in Brooklyn Queens and Staten Island. Secondly, even the statements were true, a company not servicing area does not warrant an "F" grade. If you would like to call for service our number is 718-522-6111. If someone tells you something different then I have said, then ask for me Anthony Vigilante the owner of the company. Otherwise, please remove unfair grade from my company.

07/02/2018

Robert R.

It's a big shop, so details and personal service are a little less than if you went with a smaller plumber. Overall the job was done well. One of the plumbers made some decisions without consulting first and resulted in a two week back and forth about coming a fixing an issue, but the owner caught wind of the situation and came and made everything right. They are a little pricey, but quality of work is high as well.

Description of Work
Gas Line Replacement

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

01/22/2018

Susan R.

It went great. They called before the Tech came to let me know he was on the way. They informed me of the charges before starting the work and were done quickly.

Description of Work
My heat went out on the coldest day and Vigilante came out and replaced the Low water cut off on my gas boiler.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

12/29/2017

J L.

I was overcharged and offered a totally bogus contract. Just for showings up on the future. MY ADVICE: DO NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT WITH THIS PEOPLE.

Description of Work
Did work on my house and building.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Dear Sir, Let me be the first to apologize for any misunderstandings. Our Service Partner Agreement does provide a 15% discount off all service jobs to our SPA customers not 50%. I am so sorry for any confusion. I know we have already refunded all of your money for the agreement. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me. Sal Vigilante.

09/08/2017

Roger D.

They're coming out next week to balance out the snow melting system. They're a fantastic company, I've used them since I bought my house in 1973. They do an excellent job, I never had to call them back because something wasn't done right.

Description of Work
They tuned up my boiler and check out my snow melt system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

08/23/2017

Ann W.

The major work was fine, but they scratched the crap out of my kitchen floors, which will cost a few hundred dollars to repair. They had to return to replace the replacement drain pipe for the kitchen sink because it was leaking. They also didn't end up having to replace one large drain pipe in the bathroom and I was told they'd knock off a couple hundred dollars at the end of the job. Then they offered me $75 (and I had to ask a few times). In general, they were responsive and most of the installation seemed fine, but they were not good about protecting the surrounding areas. I'd try someone else.

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom plumbing in a gut renovation and had minor plumbing work done on kitchen sink (drain pipe changed and faucet replaced).

Category plumbing

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm so sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused. I spoke with Kevin, Mike, Luis and Susan. They are unaware of any damage. I also met you on the job the day of the finish work. I wish you would have told me about the damage then. We could have addressed it immediately. We always strive for perfection but sometimes things can go wrong. In that case we always want to make it right. Please feel free to call me. I never want a customer to feel like we don't care. Thanks Sal Vigilante

08/08/2017

Louella B.

He talked me in to a monthly plan that I later wanted to cancel.

Description of Work
They did plumbing work.

07/06/2017

ROSE S.

My water heater was completely installed within 3 hrs from the time I called to request service. Vigilante is consistently reliable, efficient, professional and, most important, reasonably price- one cannot find a better service provider, period.

Description of Work
Replacement of a water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your nice words and thank you for using Vigilante Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning. Anthony Vigilante CEO

06/27/2017

Zoe Y.

We are happy with it. We are unhappy that we needed that much work done but we are happy with the work that they did. There is one technician in particular that we like to work and trust. He will break down what the options are. What from a personal prospective that he thinks you need. What is worth the money and what isn't. We felt like we had them on our side instead of being taken advantage of since we don't know much about heating systems.

Description of Work
They installed an unit.

06/27/2017

Zoe Y.

They are spreading the cost out over two visits. They were very quick. We like them. They diagnosed the problem and needed to order the products. That is why it is a 2 visit repair. They are fairly comprehensive on what they can handle. We needed a new boiler and they installed it for us. They can do spring and fall maintenance. They can handle any more major repairs. I will put things in and they will handle them in time. Their prices are not great but they are upfront with them.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You so much for your rating and for using Vigilante Plumbing and Heating.

04/08/2017

David W.

We use them pretty regularly. I'd give them an A- or B+ overall if I could.

Description of Work
The do plumbing for us.

01/26/2017

Stanley L.

They were nice people and nice guys. They were courteous and came in professionally and left the area clean. It was only one guy.

Description of Work
Heating.

01/16/2017

Joanne R.

Very well. The staff are very professional, responsible, and courteous. All work is done in a timely fashion and always within appropriate codes and permits. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
All Plumbing including boiler installation, hot water tank installation, repair of gas leak requiring new gas lines installed, as well as clearing sink & tub blockage and repairing leaks.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, home inspection, plumbing, gas leak repair, drain cleaning

01/13/2017

Scott J.

The price was okay. We actually had to buy two new boilers because they had both failed, which is why we paid so much. We had to replace what they replaced, again. When we finally got them they were pretty good about being here. They did not work hard getting a replacement boiler for the one that failed. We kept having issues after they worked on things so I don't think it was that good.

Description of Work
We used Vigilante Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning for a while.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[Member Name Removed], This work was done in December of 2014. The review is from January of 2017. I had not seen this review until now. I am very sorry but we had serious issues with the manufacturer of the boiler on this job. They would not cover warranty on the unit. We cannot make the manufacturer cover a warranty if they do not want to. You had wanted the same brand reinstalled. We no longer install Buderus boilers since we did this job. We had several issues with them. I would be happy to discuss this in further. You can call the office and ask for me Anthony Vigilante or call my cell phone 917-807-5413.

12/25/2016

Shayna D.

Let me start by saying that I am an enrolled service partner with a 2 year contract with Vigilante. 1) Boiler tune up - The person came to check the boiler, then somehow changed his focus to my gas line, and told me I must do the job to repair the gas line or he will shut down the gas in tho house, and report me. Totally unfair and sketchy. I had no choice but to say yes. Not a fair way to do business 2) Gas line - Vigilante gave me a quote for over 6,000$ for a 20 ft gas line and i had no choice but to accept. They asked me to sign a waiver so they can do the job asap as an emergency, but they started 3 weeks later anyway. Then after the job was done I got other quotes, and every single company gave me a quote of less then half the price vigilante charged me. They were all shocked at the price i paid for the gas line. On top of that Vigilante said the permit was delayed due to asbestos, but there was no asbestos! Until today (months later) I am waiting for Vigilante to schedule the inspection. Who has asbestos on a gas line? No one, not me. I had the home inspected before purchasing 2 years prior and there was no report of asbestos. Pure unfair treatment, price gouging, and excuses on timing since I am apparently a low priority customer. 3) A/C - I got my central air replaced, and immediately after replacing the worker is telling me i need to change the copper pipes soon and it will cost over 10,000 and I should save money for it. I have a 950 sq foot home. How in the word can copper lines cost 10,000? Again - vigilante looking towards the next thing they could make money on me rather then focusing on how to make everything work and finding a solution. I was hoping for a trusted service partner as a fellow Italian family, and all i got was unfair treatment, unfair prices, and low priority. Never will i use this company again. All the projects in my home are delayed now due to Vigilante milking me for every penny (even as a service partner)

Description of Work
Gas line, boiler tune up, new A/C unit

12/15/2016

Thomas C.

I wasn't able to turn off my baseboards so I called Vigilante. The technician couldn't figure out what the problem was. Then, a week later the problem was much worse (the rooms were getting even hotter) and so I called them again. Another technician came and he figured out that a zone valve was leaking hot water and he replaced the valve. Everything was great for a few hours, but then the baseboards stopped working all together. No matter how high I cranked up the thermostat, no hot water came through and no heat. I called Vigilante, but they weren't able to find anyone to come back at a time that worked for me. I think that if you do work and it goes badly and you leave someone without heat and its 20 degrees outside, then you need to find a way to make it right soon. But this didn't happen.

Description of Work
Repair of leaky zone valve

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

05/22/2015

bryan M.

They were a little expensive but, they were good. They were clean, neat and professional. It's perfect.

Description of Work
Vigilante Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning installed a tankless water heater.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

05/19/2015

Arnette A.

I have a contract with them and when you're on a contract they come out and do a yearly inspection.

Description of Work
.They came out and did a yearly plumbing and gas inspection.

02/10/2015

Joel S.

They tried to sell me a chemical clean of the central air unit for $500, which consisted of spraying a foam on the coils of the outside unit of the central air, and then rinsing it off with a hose, which I declined, and later went to Home Depot and bought two cans of the foam cleaner for $5.99 each, and did it myself. BIG RIPOFF!

Description of Work
AC Tune up

01/28/2015

Scott G.

We had not heat and found someone who could help us.

Description of Work
Was two busy to come check our problem. Heard they were good but

01/15/2015

Katherine C.

This is my second time using Vigilante. I highly recommend them. Papa was great! Very professional and got the job done very fast! Thank you!

Description of Work
Fixed our radiator

Cross County Home Inspections LLC

Cross County Home Inspections is an owner-operated business located in Queens, New York. We provide our clients with professional guidance throughout the entire home buying process focusing on the following systems and components of the home: Site Conditions Roof System Building Exterior Doors, Windows & Interior Basements & Crawlspaces Foundation & Structure Electrical System Plumbing System Heating and Cooling System Attic, Insulation & Ventilation Chimneys & Fireplaces Our primary goal is to help our client's completely understand the condition and potential risks of the home they are looking to purchase. Buying a home is one of the most important investments they will make in their life and we take our role in this process very seriously.

Offers by Cross County Home Inspections LLC on Angi
    Atlantic Duct Cleaning

We are dedicated to air duct cleaning and to you… Offering the best techniques and equipment… The more you know us, the more likely you will select Atlantic Duct Cleaning Located in Norwalk CT In business since 1996 NADCA Certified Will also service Passaic, Putnam, Rockland, Staten Island, Warren, Westchester

iR Plumbing

All plumbing service & repairs.

Offers by iR Plumbing on Angi

NYCMP 1246
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

SERVICE, REPAIR, MAINTENANCE & INSTALLATION OF PLUMBING, BOILER, AIR CONDITIONG, HEATING, SPRINKLER, BOILER INSPECTIONS, SPRINKLER TESTING, RPZ TESTING, DRAIN CLEANING & JETTING, CO TESTING & COMBUSTION ADJUSTMENT, WATER MAINS & MAIN SEWERS, GAS LINES, STEAM PIPING, FIRE SPRINKLERS, PUMPS.