Urban Classics Auto Repair

Auto Radiators
Auto Mufflers

56 Kosciuszko Street

Brooklyn, NY 11205

We have 9 highly trained employees ready to provide excellent customer service in all aspects of auto repair, diagnostics and preventative maintenance. AAA Approved Repair Shop...

08/12/2020

David and the urban classics team was amazing. So helpful great work and fair prices. Cant recommend them more!

Description of Work
Suspension and electrical work

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

08/11/2020

Complete professionals, David and his staff are top notch operators and run a great operation, would use them again and will recommend them to all family and friends, thank you

Description of Work
Suspension and transmission work

Category auto repair,transmission repair

Work Completed On 08/05/2020

Thanks for your kind words [Member Name Removed]! We are here to help! Always!!!

02/05/2019

Wow. I was a 20+ yr customer until today. Went to pick up my car and it had clearly been used to deliver something. There was a note with a Queens address on the console.Dave, the owner, was totally unsympathetic and admitted that it was used to pick up parts from his distributor during the “road test”. The funny thing is that the car was full of artificial moss and wood. I guess Dave has a florist business as a side hustle. Good for him. Just be sure you don’t mind having your car used for deliveries when you drop it off at Urban Classics.

Description of Work
Alternator, battery, etc.

Work Completed On 02/05/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]! My sincere apologies for the inconsiderate actions of a newly hired young driver. There are no excuses for that mess left in your truck and I feel badly that he had to learn about the care factor we expect all employees to provide our customers at your expense. This young man is still with us and I think he's learned a valuable lesson. Again my apologies that his lesson was at your expense. As you know, when informed of the mess left in your truck I went with you immediately to see what happened. I offered to have the floor and seat vacuumed, but as your were understandably upset and in a rush you left. I promised to find out why your vehicle was used for a delivery. Once I found out what happened I called you about 1 1/2 hours later. We have company vehicles which we normally use to do deliveries. We will use a customer's vehicle on company business when there is a reason to do so: In your case, you reported, a "RIDE CONTROL" warning light came on and our tech noted he could not verify that warning and found no suspension codes. After the repair a few drives around the block also produced no suspension warning indicators. Max asked that your truck be given an extended drive to see if any problem still remained. We were making the delivery of parts to Queens and it was decided to use your truck and see if any problems in the suspension would show up. The warning on the dash that you reported did not come up after the drive. There is no excuse for the fact that the driver placed boxes spilling over with some kind of green packing material in your truck and to boot left the mess after he was done. We reviewed this whole disaster in customer service at our weekly shop meeting and worked on some internal procedures that hopefully prevents future problems. [Member Name Removed], on a personal level and as the owner of the business, I feel pretty badly that after 20 years of doing our best to come through for you, we let you down like this. Best I can do is work with my staff to make sure this kind of thing won't happen again. My sincere apologies! David

09/03/2017

Very friendly staff. Made repairs to my car and was on my way in no time.

Description of Work
Auto repair

Work Completed On 09/03/2017

08/04/2017

They are very professional and communicate well. They were responsive, informative and let me know exactly what was or was not needed. I felt everyone was honest and helpful. I will return and recommend them to others as well.

Description of Work
Various auto repairs and vehicle inspection.

Work Completed On 05/04/2017

Thanks much [Member Name Removed] for your kind words! We are always at your service and here to help!!

07/07/2017

I started working with them early this year, late last year and I'm very happy with their service. Convenience is a strong point in using them. They are within walking distance to where I live. They are very good at explaining things. The workers are professional and respectful.

Description of Work
They did an inspection and brake work. New York inspections are one price.

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

06/20/2017

Smoothly, except that they put on the wheel caps improperly and two of them fell off and were lost in the day or two after I left the shop. They have ordered me new caps and will replace them at no cost to me. Great service to correct a rookie mistake.

Description of Work
New tires added to all four wheels and balanced / aligned. Full inspection. Some minor diagnostics.

Category auto repair,car tires

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

05/22/2017

They performed a full diagnostic on the potentially affected systems to determine if any repair was needed. They found the systems were within specification and did not require further repair. Contrast this experience with other shops that I contacted, the other shops would not do the diagnostics, they simply wanted to charge me to redo the work ($$) whether it needed to be done or not. Asked for a specific brand of oil for the oil change and they delivered. Overall, Urban Classics Auto Repair provided excellent service and I will definitely be going back.

Description of Work
investigated potential issues caused by another shop and completed an oil change.

Work Completed On 04/19/2017

01/08/2017

Trust in their process. they've had to tell me I should let a car go, and not to sink more money in. this is the kind of report someone rarely sees. a testament to integrity and knowledge/experience.

Description of Work
Dave and his team have taken care of 5 off my cars over the years from Jeep Grand Cherokee, New Beetle, Audi Allroad and now a Fiat 500. He also has screened cars I was looking to purchase. The staff are professional and friendly and their new facility is state of the art, beautiful floors more like a surgical ward than a typical auto repair. They care, they are communicative and they are in business to serve---to be in business a long time.

Category auto repair,car tires

Work Completed On 01/08/2017

07/07/2016

Do good work, no wait, and very nice!

Description of Work
Auto Service

Work Completed On 07/03/2016

NYS inspection, suspension, brake wheel alignment, tires & tow. Advanced diagnostics and specialize in providing Fleet Services

We no longer restore Classic Cars