United Decorators

Founded 1970 • With Angi since January 2006

1486 Coney Island Ave Between Ave K and L

Brooklyn, NY 11230

Established in the 70s, family owned and managed, United Decorators is a Hunter Douglas Gallery Dealer, offering custom window treatments, blinds, shades, shutters, and draperies,Our expert window treatment consultants offer a free consultation in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and New York . Choose from a HUGE selection of Hunter Douglas shades, blinds, solar shades, and draperies. United Decorators carries thousands of fabric colors, styles and textures from top manufacturers such as Robert Allen, Kravet, Fabricut, Duralee, Novel, and more. Call to schedule an in home or at the shop appointment....

4.3

window treatment (185)interior decorators (24)upholstery (279)furniture refinishing (29)blind cleaning (4)drapery cleaning (3)leather repair (1)

12/23/2020

Loved shades. Wanted drapes but budget was small. Sure drapes would have been beautiful. Happy with shades/blinds.

Description of Work
Got shades/blinds

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

08/23/2020

Design and Installation of Hunter Douglas Silhouette Shade

Description of Work
Paul was great to work with. He provided helpful suggestions as well as design ideas. The installation was coordinated extremely well. His men were professional, courteous and neat. I would highly recommend United Decorators for home design projects.

Category interior designers,window treatments

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Dear [Member Name Removed] We appreciate the time you took out to review our work, and service. We strive to please each and every client we work with. The team at United Decorators thanks you as well.

07/30/2019

The service went very well, I was very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Window treatment for 7 windows, shades & blinds

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed] We thank you for taking out the time to write a nice review for our team at United Decorators.

08/28/2018

Paul was prompt and professional took the time to go over the fabric selections with me. Chairs came out beautifully. Would recommend highly if you are looking for this type of service.

Description of Work
Needed two chairs upholstered

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed] Paul loves what he does, and it shows through every project he completes. Thank you for the review.

07/15/2018

I do not usually post comments on company websites; however, in this case I feel compelled to do so and whole heartedly recommend United Decorators. Having just gone through this process myself I know it is hard to discern authentic recommendations from “fake news” – it seems to be a growing national malady. That’s why I hope this can be of help to the next reader. Because of the site’s recommenda...

Description of Work
living room chair reupholstered and 2 throw pillows made

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

05/25/2018

After seeing their ad in your magazine - every edition - I made a call. My number taken, my call would be returned. "Paul" returned my call the following day, saying he'd be out of town for a period and would call again on his return. He did so - I thought a good sign. Mumbled his name, took down (maybe) my information, assumed it was in Bklyn; no, in Queens. Set a time for a Sunday between 11am a...

Description of Work
armchair reupholsters

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Dear Mrs. Daudier Thank you for taking out the time to post a review. We have been in business for over 40 years, and love what we do, as is visible by the number of A reviews we have received. What happened here was a miscommunication. It was a time when we were experiencing many problems with our phone service, as well as our answering service.. I regret that you felt we ignored you. I am glad t...

03/27/2018

Paul was fantastic from start to finish. He came to our home a couple of weeks ago with curtain swatches for our living room. He was extremely kind and patient in helping us select a beautiful set of drapes. Both the design and fabric were of exceptional quality and were fully lined. The installers were also very professional and did a wonderful job. They even swept the floor when they were done! ...

Description of Work
Curtain Installation

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

10/03/2017

He came gave an estimate. It's expensive, but the quality of work is excellent. Very prompt, extremely prompt. They came and took the chair, it was one winged back and one small chair.I've gotten other estimates and they were all in the same range.

Description of Work
Reupholstering.

Work Completed On 08/20/2017

09/06/2017

Paul came to our house for a free consultation and brought an array of material samples. He was very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. Once we decided on the material, we set a pickup date. The crew that retrieved and delivered the furniture were extremely courteous. The craftsmanship was exceptional the pictures don't do it justice. There was one small glitch, the throw pillo...

Description of Work
We had 1 Lounge Chair, 2 Ottomans and a throw pillow reupholstered.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

Review for United Decorators - 1486 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 36192590

08/06/2017

See above for all the details. Nothing else to add.

Description of Work
I contacted Paul's company among others for an estimate on reupholstering an old sentimental couch and six chair seats. What cemented it for me to deal with Paul is how prepared he was. For instance he arrived with various fabric samples and I conveniently selected what I wanted. I appreciate Paul's professionalism and helpfulness throwing in some courtesies and freebies here and there. I also received discount for being an Angie's list member. The best part about this experience is that Paul under commits and over delivers. He explained everything will be done in 4 weeks. However two weeks later my remarkably, beautiful finished pieces were delivered. Just in time for guests that I am expecting early August. I wil definitely be using his service again for window treatments.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

United Decorators offer a free interior design and window treatment consultation on all Hunter Douglas blinds, shades, shutters and custom draperies.