United Decorators

Founded 1970 • With Angi since January 2006

Established in the 70s, family owned and managed, United Decorators is a Hunter Douglas Gallery Dealer, offering custom window treatments, blinds, shades, shutters, and draperies,Our expert window treatment consultants offer a free consultation in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and New York . Choose from a

A Service Provider's profile image

4.3

window treatment (185)interior decorators (24)upholstery (279)furniture refinishing (29)blind cleaning (4)drapery cleaning (3)leather repair (1)

12/23/2020

Delores T.

Loved shades. Wanted drapes but budget was small. Sure drapes would have been beautiful. Happy with shades/blinds.

Description of Work
Got shades/blinds

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

08/23/2020

Christine T.

Design and Installation of Hunter Douglas Silhouette Shade

Description of Work
Paul was great to work with. He provided helpful suggestions as well as design ideas. The installation was coordinated extremely well. His men were professional, courteous and neat. I would highly recommend United Decorators for home design projects.

Category interior designers, window treatments

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Dear [Member Name Removed] We appreciate the time you took out to review our work, and service. We strive to please each and every client we work with. The team at United Decorators thanks you as well.

07/30/2019

daniel D.

The service went very well, I was very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Window treatment for 7 windows, shades & blinds

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed] We thank you for taking out the time to write a nice review for our team at United Decorators.

08/28/2018

Melody N.

Paul was prompt and professional took the time to go over the fabric selections with me. Chairs came out beautifully. Would recommend highly if you are looking for this type of service.

Description of Work
Needed two chairs upholstered

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

Dear [Member Name Removed] Paul loves what he does, and it shows through every project he completes. Thank you for the review.

07/15/2018

Phyllis R.

I do not usually post comments on company websites; however, in this case I feel compelled to do so and whole heartedly recommend United Decorators. Having just gone through this process myself I know it is hard to discern authentic recommendations from “fake news” – it seems to be a growing national malady. That’s why I hope this can be of help to the next reader. Because of the site’s recommendations from long term customers I was more interested in this company and then, after speaking with Paul, I felt ready to commit. It’s a relatively small job (a living room chair and 2 new throws) but critical in the redesign of my apartment to fit a beautiful Moroccan rug I just brought back from my travels. Paul answered all my questions and design concerns throughout as I selected my own fabrics independently. His price is within the reasonable range of the market and guaranteed that there would be no price surprises, as another upholsterer had done with me. They delivered the furniture early and it is gorgeous! Exactly as I’d envisioned it and I felt like I had someone to guide me throughout the process. I will certainly go back to United Decorators for my next project and refer him.

Description of Work
living room chair reupholstered and 2 throw pillows made

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

05/25/2018

Catherine M.

After seeing their ad in your magazine - every edition - I made a call. My number taken, my call would be returned. "Paul" returned my call the following day, saying he'd be out of town for a period and would call again on his return. He did so - I thought a good sign. Mumbled his name, took down (maybe) my information, assumed it was in Bklyn; no, in Queens. Set a time for a Sunday between 11am and mid-afternoon. Never showed up. (I had agreed to the day/times, of course, but had still changed plans to accommodate.) Waited all day; called their number/left a message "is he interested in doing business with me?" NEVER received any reply. His company is advertised in your magazine every time - and if this is truly an example of a top performer, well, let's just say there are many other ways of finding top professionals. The upholsterer I found on my own has proven to be professional and excellent.

Description of Work
armchair reupholsters

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

Dear Mrs. Daudier Thank you for taking out the time to post a review. We have been in business for over 40 years, and love what we do, as is visible by the number of A reviews we have received. What happened here was a miscommunication. It was a time when we were experiencing many problems with our phone service, as well as our answering service.. I regret that you felt we ignored you. I am glad that you found someone to do the work, and are satisfied.

03/27/2018

Sharon W.

Paul was fantastic from start to finish. He came to our home a couple of weeks ago with curtain swatches for our living room. He was extremely kind and patient in helping us select a beautiful set of drapes. Both the design and fabric were of exceptional quality and were fully lined. The installers were also very professional and did a wonderful job. They even swept the floor when they were done! We could not be more pleased with the product and quality of work. Paul is a very ethical gentleman and consummate professional. I would recommend United Decorators to anyone and would definitely work with Paul again.

Description of Work
Curtain Installation

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

10/03/2017

PATRICIA M.

He came gave an estimate. It's expensive, but the quality of work is excellent. Very prompt, extremely prompt. They came and took the chair, it was one winged back and one small chair.I've gotten other estimates and they were all in the same range.

Description of Work
Reupholstering.

Work Completed On 08/20/2017

09/06/2017

Charles M.

Paul came to our house for a free consultation and brought an array of material samples. He was very professional, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. Once we decided on the material, we set a pickup date. The crew that retrieved and delivered the furniture were extremely courteous. The craftsmanship was exceptional the pictures don't do it justice. There was one small glitch, the throw pillow wasn't delivered when they brought the lounge chair and ottomans. I called Paul and he apologized for the small mishap. He made an additional pillow and sent us two. I would definitely recommend and use this company again.

Description of Work
We had 1 Lounge Chair, 2 Ottomans and a throw pillow reupholstered.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

Review for United Decorators - 1486 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 36192590

08/06/2017

J S.

See above for all the details. Nothing else to add.

Description of Work
I contacted Paul's company among others for an estimate on reupholstering an old sentimental couch and six chair seats. What cemented it for me to deal with Paul is how prepared he was. For instance he arrived with various fabric samples and I conveniently selected what I wanted. I appreciate Paul's professionalism and helpfulness throwing in some courtesies and freebies here and there. I also received discount for being an Angie's list member. The best part about this experience is that Paul under commits and over delivers. He explained everything will be done in 4 weeks. However two weeks later my remarkably, beautiful finished pieces were delivered. Just in time for guests that I am expecting early August. I wil definitely be using his service again for window treatments.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

06/09/2017

Shaun O.

I was able to select a beautiful, unusual pattern from Paul's many samples. I also received a fabric discount for being an Angie's List member, and Paul added on free retouching on the chairs. Although there was an initial miscommunication about the fabric choice, Paul fixed the problem free of charge, and delivered us chairs that we are proud to have in our dining room. They look even better than I imagined they would.

Description of Work
They reupholstered 8 dining room chairs that were 30+ years old, and had almost non-existent padding.

Category furniture repair, upholstery

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

Review for United Decorators - 1486 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 35214317

04/28/2017

Kristina H.

The owner of the company was very pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Needed an estimate for window treatments.

Category upholstery, window treatments

Work Completed On 04/27/2017

04/06/2017

Linda L.

fine, once they responded. it took several weeks for them to respond.

Description of Work
installed blinds

Category upholstery, window treatments

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

I apologize for the delay in our response. It was a time that my husband had surgery.

03/20/2017

helen Z.

Very smooth and professional; only challenge was that, despite an absolute ocean of sample fabrics, we were not able to find a match/close complement to our original upholstery. Fine work, have worked with Paul more than once and have referred to friends, neighbors to universal praise. Total pro, can recommend without hesitation (but if you want a specific fabric, you might want to track it down on your own -- I did this at a fabric source on Lower East Side and Paul charged us only for the work, as we provided materials).

Description of Work
re-upholstery of different pieces, including creating some new (simple) pillows and bench cushions.

Work Completed On 05/05/2015

03/15/2017

Margaret K.

Paul is a real professional. His workers (whom I had called to replace all the batteries on the other shades, as I can't deal with batteries) preliminarily measured the windows, and then Paul came to double-check the measurements and review the installation with me before ordering the custom shades. Three weeks later, the shades arrived, and he immediately sent out one of his staff to install them, which was quickly and efficiently done. They are high quality and work perfectly.

Description of Work
I had two large motorized shades (one covering two windows, one three) in my study, matching the shades UD had installed in my kitchen, living room, and dining room two years ago.

Work Completed On 03/08/2017

02/03/2017

Sybil N.

Paul came with books of samples and provided great suggestions. Placed the order and 3 weeks later they were installed. The blinds look fabulous !

Description of Work
Vertical blinds for the living room slider

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Review for United Decorators - 1486 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 34406005

01/31/2017

Nancy R.

It went great, and was available to answer quick questions. I would usemthem again.

Description of Work
Purchased a new home, good idea of how i wanted my home to look, Looking a professional opinion and Alician did a wonderful job. She listened to my vision snd suggestions and went back and laid it out for me to see on a board. Also had links to purchase directly, making it super easy.

Category interior designers, upholstery

Work Completed On 01/05/2017

12/09/2016

Rose H.

I was fortunate to walk by United Decorators shop a few years ago. From draperies and cornices to cushions and a custom upholstered headboard, their work is superb, their quality top notch. Paul knows his business and will guide you through the process of deciding and selecting, whether you know what you want or need suggestions. It is always a pleasure to work with him. As well, his workmen and installers are professional and polite. It was my lucky break when I decided to walk into the United Decorators shop that day.

Description of Work
Installed Hunter Douglas window shades in September 2016. In the past: draperies, cornice, seat cushions, custom upholstered headboard.

Category interior designers, window treatments

Work Completed On 09/21/2016

11/18/2016

maureen S.

I CALLED TO INQUIRE IF UNITED DECORATORS WOULD COME TO MY HOUSE WITH FABRIC SAMPLES AND TO ALSO GIVE ME AN ESTIMATE. WITHIN 3 DAYS (11/13/16) PAUL ARRIVED PROMPTLY WITH THE SAMPLE BOOKS. HE GAVE ME THE PRICE, INCLUDING A 20% ANGIE'S LIST FABRIC DISCOUNT. HE SAID HE WOULD LET ME KNOW IF THE JOB COULD BE DONE BY THANKSGIVING (11/24). WE ARRANGED A DATE FOR THE CHAIRS TO BE PICKED UP PROMPTLY. ON 11/18/16 THE CHAIRS WERE DELIVERED BACK TO THE HOUSE. THE SEATS AND NEW FOAM LOOKED AND FELT GREAT: EXCELLENT TIMING AND WORKMANSHIP.

Description of Work
I NEEDED TO HAVE THE SEATS OF 5 DINING ROOM CHAIRS COVERED IN NEW FABRIC, AND CUSHIONED WITH FOAM. AND I REQUESTED THAT THE WORK BE DONE BY THANKSGIVING.

Work Completed On 11/18/2016

11/11/2016

Christopher M.

We ordered some blinds in August and they installed them in September. I think they worked really well to find what we were looking for and to try to work around our requests and fine points for the installation.

Description of Work
Installed blinds.

Category blind cleaning, window treatments

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

10/23/2016

S J.

VERY WELL. PAUL'S BROTHER WAS GREAT! HE NEEDS A RAISE!!

Description of Work
NEEDED TO REPLACE BLINDS IN SEVERAL ROOMS.

Work Completed On 10/20/2016

10/07/2016

Christine C.

Very well, Paul came promptly and arranged to have the cushions picked up. He ordered fabric and the cushions were done very quickly. My couch looks great!

Description of Work
needed new cushions for my couch

Category blind cleaning, upholstery

Work Completed On 10/07/2016

09/21/2016

Linda L.

It hasn't gone. I have not yet heard from them!!!!!

Description of Work
I need blinds for my home