Tully Spagnoli & Sons

Founded 1997 • With Angi since June 2010

Proudly offering commercial and residential services, Tully Spagnoli can handle all your hardwood flooring needs. Specializing in installations and floor refinishing. Call today to allow us to provide you with beautiful hardwood floors, that will impress customers and increase the value of your home. Additional DBA: Tully Spagnoli Flooring Spagnoli is looking to target Refinishing & Installations specifically. We appreciate your assistance with this process. Any questions please call our office at 718.252.9128....

hardwood floors (50)flooring (29)floor cleaning (8)water damage restoration (4)

08/16/2022

Simon C.

It went very well. The floors look beautiful. They were reasonable. Workers were professional. They came when they said they would and were prompt. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Carpet removed, wood floors were sanded, floors were stained, and then polyurethaned.

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your business and feedback, it only helps us to be better and improve on our services and work Best Regards Spagnoli Flooring

12/15/2021

Deloris B.

It was very good, they were very professional they were friendly on time finished the job in a timely manner they did all the paper works in a timely manner and in an accurate way they are trustworthy they took care of my furniture because they had to move it and put it back into place and It was really a great to work with and I highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinished and sanding my floor

Work Completed On 11/06/2021

05/12/2021

Seth G.

100% satisfaction. Floors and stairs exceeded my expectations. Dave and his crew were punctual and professional. Dave finished the entire house on time. Very reasonable price as well. If you are looking to resand/refinish hardwood floors don't waste time researching, just hire Tully Spagnoli, you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Resand and resurfacing oak hardwood floors and stairs

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

Review for Tully Spagnoli & Sons - 4822 Ave N, Brooklyn, NY - 39329537

03/09/2021

John A.

best experience I have had with a service contractor in a long time. Owner David was extremely professional and prompt. The installers were polite and very neat. would highly recommend using them for all flooring needs.

Description of Work
basement flooring

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

02/19/2021

Mike A.

Prompt and professional! These guys know what they are doing. Would highly recommend. Would definitely use again!

Description of Work
replaced and repaired wood floors

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

12/23/2020

Greg R.

Top-notch service. Great Guys, the best. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
They sanded the floors and recoated with polyeurothane.

Work Completed On 12/14/2020

11/04/2020

Caleb J.

Very well! David and team were able to assess the situation throughly. Dwayne and Woody replaced the flooring in a timely manner. They were very friendly and professional during the entire process. Definitely would recommend!!!

Description of Work
Replacing Damaged Flooring

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/21/2020

Julia P.

installation of vinyl planks in the basement

Description of Work
Great quality job!

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

10/16/2020

Jennifer C.

Dave was very quick to respond to my inquiry. He showed up on time, gave the estimate and because of the professionalism and fair pricing, I hired the company on the spot. The work went off without a hitch. The men came did what they had to do and then they came back to finish the job since the floors have to dry. My floors look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!! I would highly recommend this company. No shenanigans, a great business and great response and customer service.

Description of Work
Sanding, Staining and Polyeurethane Floors

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

09/22/2020

Frank G.

The guys were excellent professional courteous finished over 350 square feet and molding by 4:30

Description of Work
We had laminate flooring installed

09/19/2020

Lucy M.

The workers were very professional and extremely experienced in flooring. The job, when finished, was left neat and clean. The vinyl flooring was the best idea (thanks to David) that could have happened because of the durability and beauty.

Description of Work
vinyl flooring in two rooms and a hallway in basement.

Work Completed On 09/09/2020

Review for Tully Spagnoli & Sons - 4822 Ave N, Brooklyn, NY - 38886721

04/14/2020

Jessica W.

I had an issue with a previous installer during our remodel, so I had to find someone else to do the upstairs area. I cannot tell you how amazing the entire team of Spagnoli has been to work with. Absolute professionalism through and through. The floor looks amazing. The guys did a great job in replacing the subfloor in the areas where the previous owner let a drain leak for YEARS. The installers asked me questions along the way to ensure a perfect floor. We also had them sand the stairs so we could stain them. My previous quote from the other installer was four times higher!! They are reasonable priced and really work with the homeowner to make sure everything is perfect!

Description of Work
Stairs sanded and engineered hardwood installation

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

01/28/2020

Johnson G.

David gave me invaluable insights, genuine consultation

Description of Work
Consultation

Category hardwood floor, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

09/29/2019

Lester F.

Our bldg maintenance decided to perform the work. I would definitely remember Spagnoli for future work and give their names as reference because they are professional and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Replace tiles

Work Completed On 09/29/2019

09/25/2019

Kenneth G.

Great job. The installers were meticulous. They were courteous, knowledgeable, careful, and made sure I was satisfied. With all my furniture, I couldn't imagine how they would get the job done, but they did. Thanks guys.

Description of Work
3 rooms and hallway had Pergo Laminate flooring installed.

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

06/13/2019

Sonia F.

They are very good and very reasonable. They work with you and very professional. I would recommend him to anybody.

Description of Work
I used him a couple of years ago. They sand the floor, they clean up the mess.

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

05/20/2019

Gregory L.

Dave, Angela, and Woody could not have been nicer or more professional. They did a great job - on time, and on budget. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Refinishing wood floors

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

04/26/2019

Zoia A.

Pros: - Flooring work was fine; new floor looks good. - Prices were reasonable. - They were flexible when we told them we wanted the underfloor ripped out and replaced (this increased the project cost, but that was fair). - They got the necessary paperwork for the co-op to approve the renovation pretty fast. Cons The mess: - We've had our kitchen and bathroom renovated, and those contractors took steps to minimize the damage: they put up plastic sheeting every day to cover the walls/doorways; used butcher paper on the floor to create a path for themselves so they wouldn't leave bootprints; etc. These guys didn't do that, so I had to do a lot of frantic vacuuming/scrubbing each afternoon. - There are also drops of sealant on the hallway floor outside the nursery that I haven't been able to clean off; I asked if they had any recommendations in an email but they did not respond. Communication was an issue almost from the start: -On the day the new flooring was supposed to arrive, the delivery window came and went so I called and asked what was up. Turned out there was a delay in getting the shipment and the floor would arrive the next day. Which was fine, but it would've been nice if they'd told me that before I used up a "work from home" day for no reason. - After the old floor was ripped out and the sealant placed on the underfloor, we were told to let them know if we still noticed the cat urine smell. We didn't, but only because there was an overwhelming scent of something burnt in the room. We assumed this was the sealant. We called about the new smell, and they came back to put another coat of sealant on the next day (Friday). At that point, the guy doing the work told us that the smell wasn't the sealant, but melted wax on the underfloor. Which would've been good to know the day before. (Also: 10 minutes after he did the sealant and left, another guy wearing a Spagnoli t-shirt -- someone we'd never met -- knocked on our door and asked to use our bathroom. We said sure, because when you gotta go, you gotta go, but it was pretty weird. Especially since there are two fast food restaurants within sight of our building, both with restrooms, and we're a third-floor walk-up so not the most convenient option.) - We decided that since the underfloor smelled too bad to gage whether the urine smell was contained, it had to go. To their credit, they got back to me on Sunday night (I left a message on Saturday) and agreed to tear out the underfloor and replace it with plywood the following week. - After the underfloor was removed, the guy doing the work told me his boss would call me later that day to discuss timing/next steps. No one called. I called the next morning and got the "I was just about to call you!" response. - The day the guys were installing the new underfloor and flooring, I reminded them that they had to be out by 5 pm (co-op rules, and they'e very strict on this point). They were surprised, so I guess no one showed them the contract/list of regulations. If I hadn't been home to tell them to leave, my husband and I could've gotten in big trouble with our building. - On the last day of work, I left a check for the remainder of the fee on our table. I got an email a short while later with the final invoice, which said I owed $25 more than the amount on the check. I asked if I could pay that by mail, and they said not to bother, which was nice of them. Except then I took a closer look at the invoice, and saw that they had my initial deposit amount as $25 less than what it actually was. So my check was for the correct amount. - I came home on the last day to (a) dust everywhere and on everything; and (b), an unopened box of flooring. I called and asked about the box, and they said it was in case I ever needed spare floorboards in the future to repair broken ones. If they'd bothered to check with me or my husband, they would've known that we had absolutely nowhere to store this box. I emailed and said they could either pick it up by Monday, or we'd toss it. They emailed back and said they'd come get it Tuesday. They actually came and got it on Wednesday. (And no one bothered to call me on Tuesday -- I had to call them, again.)

Description of Work
We had an issue with an old cat urine smell in the room we wanted to use for our daughter's bedroom. We replaced the top layer of flooring and the underfloor.

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

04/05/2019

Charles B.

I've been trying for 2.5 years, at least, to get a small section of hallway flooring replaced. Because it was a small job, it was very difficult to find a contractor willing to actually follow through on the work. I went down the road a bit with 4 or 5 separate contractors all of whom sounded enthusiastic at first, but all of whom at some point in the process just "ghosted" me by not showing up, refusing to answer phone calls or respond, etc. Then I found Tully Spagnoli & Sons, and I can't sing their praises enough. From the back office, to the supervisors, to the people doing the actual work, TSS was fantastic. Everyone I dealt with was responsive, professional, and competent. The quote I got was entirely reasonable fo the scope of work, and the job was done on time and on budget, with no unexpected surprises. And it looks fantastic. A section of flooring that has been soft, spongy and disintegrating for years now looks gorgeous and feels solid. I couldn't be happier. Anyone in the Tri-state area who has hardwood flooring needs should put Tully Spagnoli & Sons at the top of their list.

Description of Work
Repair/Replacement of About 20 Square Feet of Hardwood Floor

Work Completed On 04/05/2019

03/08/2019

Mark Y.

The first company I hired took one look at how warped my subfloor was and immediately walked off the job. I called a few other places but leveling a subfloor is a big job and nobody wanted to do it. I was worried that I'd never be able to have my floor repaired! Then I called Tully Spagnoli and Sons. Angela answered the phone and made me feel at ease. In no time I was setting up an appointment with David for a free estimate on the very next day. David was awesome. He was punctual, patiently listened to all my concerns, answered all of my questions, explained how he would go about doing the project and gave me a reasonable bid. I accepted his offer and a day later his workers began. The job required them to tear up many layers of old flooring right down to the bare joists, re-level and reinforce the joists lay new subflooring and then lay the new LVP flooring. The Team arrived on time each day and worked tirelessly throughout the day in a very professional manner. No slackers here! David also kept in contact each day to make sure I was pleased with the job and to address any concerns. When they had finished (only a week later!), I had a beautiful brand new floor that was (most importantly) completely level. That's no small task for my 130 year old house! Upon completion of the project, I had a few concerns and the Spagnoli Team made sure they didn't leave until I was happy with everything and assured me that If anything else comes up, they're just a phone call away. The bottom line is, there are a lot of shady contractors out there who are unreachable once you sign a contract or don't really care about doing the job right. Tully Spagnoli and Sons is NOT like that AT ALL. My floor was a disaster and they took all my worry away by doing the job RIGHT without "cutting corners" one little bit. It's not every day you run across a company that WANTS to do it absolutely right and I'm so grateful to have stumbled across them. I couldn't be happier with the amazing job they did. I recommend them completely and I would hire them again in an instant.

Description of Work
I needed the subfloor of my 130 year old house leveled and new flooring installed.

Work Completed On 03/07/2019

Review for Tully Spagnoli & Sons - 4822 Ave N, Brooklyn, NY - 37752188

Thank you again for your kind words. We are happy to take care of you and as discussed any future concerns or questions feel free to call.. enjoy your new floor...... was a pleasure working with you.....

02/17/2019

Haym G.

They were professional, quick to respond, did a great job and for a great price. I recommend these guys with confidence and would always hire again.

Description of Work
1st job: I had flooded the kitchen of my loft and the floor boards had warped and separated, Spagnoli floors fixed and patched the floors, and refinished the entire loft in time for me to put it on the market. 2nd job: I needed a reclaimed maple floor installed in my new basement floor - Spagnoli, I called Dave and he sent a crew right over. 3rd job: the really old, really beat-up original floors needed to be patched, splined, repaired. They were covered in layers of paint and glue. In some cases whole boards need to be replaced. Spagnoli repaired, sanded, puttied, and finished these floors.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 02/16/2019

12/09/2018

Teresa D.

Couldn't be more satisfied. If you are considering replacing your floors, Spagnoli is definitely the way to go! First off, David is fantastic. He knows what he's doing inside and out. He can deal with whatever weird stuff your floors throw at him. Unfortunately, ours did. We had some soft spots that I assumed were due to rotten subfloors. Once they ripped out the old floors, they couldn't believe what they found. Extremely substandard installation of heating and plumbing piping that ran through a large amount of the apartment. We still don't know why they are there. At any rate, David and his team saved the day. They rebuilt the subfloor around those pipes, filled it with sand, and reinforced it with 2x4s. Then, they had to build a new subfloor on top of that. Now that the floors are installed, the place looks amazing. They even finished slightly ahead of schedule, which was also quite amazing. I also had a very nasty scare when the radiators that my super removed (hint: unless your super is a certified plumber, go with a professional!!!!) pumped steam into the apartment for a few hours. Imagine my shock and horror when I walked into the place and it was a sauna! Not to mention all the new flooring that was acclimating in the apartment. I called David, who immediately answered my call, even though it was 8pm. He was completely calm, told me that it shouldn't be a problem, and that he'd check with a humidity measurement device. Fortunately, all was well, as he mentioned. He guided us through all of this with great care, professionalism, and he was always on top of the game. Great service! Look no further than Spagnoli for any flooring needs!

Description of Work
Replaced Flooring

Work Completed On 12/03/2018