PREMIER ROOFING CO

Founded 1930 • With Angi since January 2006

Premier Roofing is Brooklyn's flat roof specialist. Our crews, service technicians, field representatives and office personnel are trained and tested to ensure quality, honesty and accountability. Whether you are a general contractor, building manager or a single family homeowner, our staff can handle your needs and, of course, inspections and advice are always free!...

roofing (75)skylight installation (17)gutter repair (8)chimney repair (5)

03/12/2021

Noor B.

Fred and Anthony were very responsive and professional. They sent someone out right away and gave me a detailed estimate as well as patched the spot where the issue was. Their estimate was detailed and the price was fair so I decided to hire them. I was very happy with the work and I would recommend them to anyone in need of a roof repair or replacement.

Description of Work
I needed a new roof and a patching until I was ready to replace the whole thing

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

05/22/2020

Amy L.

Premier Roofing was suggested to us by our architects, who had heard positive reviews. They were prompt, professional and efficient. They have been in business for three generations and have a knowledgeable, trustworthy crew. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

11/13/2019

Bettina C.

They came out within the week to check our roof. They were professional and knowledgeable. We received a proposal within 48 hours. In the end my family went with a different company but I will definitely use them in the future for any other work we need done.

Description of Work
We needed to repair our roof.

06/25/2019

Don W.

If you are on this page because you are considering hiring Premier Roofing, I hope you will read my story, and afterwards consider hiring someone else. You want a firm that when a mistake is made, they are willing to accept responsibility and apologize. Things that Premier absolutely refuses to do. Before I had solar panels bolted to my roof, I wanted an entirely new roof underneath. As a benefit, 1" of old roof layers is replaced with 2" thick insulation board. I had hired Premier in the past. They installed a roof hatch and two skylights. So I hired Premier again. I paid $30,200 for the new roof, plus $4500 for other roof work. They completed all roof work in mid-September 2017. A couple weeks later I brought in my top floor awnings. To loosen the awning clamps that hold the top bar, I stand on a step ladder with my arm out the upper window. My face is about 18" from the corner. The corner walls were clearly in fine condition. In early June 2018, when putting the awnings back up, I found extensive water damage in the corner. I went onto the roof. And right above the damage, I found a hole in the roof membrane of the gutter. The outside diameter was a little over 1", then funneling to a smaller hole. The hole was on the gutter's high end, and on the inside, right against the house. I called Premier. Anthony promptly responded. With a caulking gun and a cartridge of asphalt roof cement, he filled the hole. The damage stopped. Some months later I discovered that the damage went down a total of three floors. The back wall of the house is hollow on the upper two floors. The water had run down inside it. On the third floor down, the back wall is solid, so the water damage stopped in the crown molding there. The plaster damage cost me thousands to repair. I could have put in a claim on my homeowner's insurance policy, but I didn't. My deductible is $2500. So I asked Premier for $2500. Premier refused to accept any culpability. Fred argued the leak was an old unnoticed leak, that I didn't see when I brought the awning in. He tried to blame it on the neighbor's gutter overflowing and the water having come through the brick. According to Fred, even with a good pointing job the water can come through the brick itself. Anything but not them. So I filed in small claims court. The court hearing came. And right up to the end of the hearing, Premier refused to accept any culpability. Had they accepted and apologized, this comment would not be so negative. And, had they settled before the hearing, there would have been no review at all. But they knew that it is very hard to win in small claims court. I did not win the case. The arbitrator pointed out that in a court of law the onus was on me to prove my case by a preponderance of the evidence. And Fred was able to instill enough doubt that he won.

Description of Work
Refuses to accept responsibility for mistakes

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 09/17/2017

I explained to [Member Name Removed] that the leak came from his neighbor's gutter. I offered to repair it at no cost to him or to his neighbor. [Member Name Removed] refused to have this work done. [Member Name Removed]'s opinion on his issue was wrong. His insurance company disagreed with him and so did the arbitrator.

09/20/2017

John S.

Needed to return to pitch properly, but they stood by their work and delivered.

Description of Work
New layer of roofing

Work Completed On 09/20/2017

06/27/2017

Trini E.

They were very good and very expensive. For the product they gave me, the price was fine. They were super professional. They were done in two days. I would use them again. There was no mess whatsoever. It was super clean. I did talk to the owner. I had someone go up there and said that everything was perfect.

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof.

Work Completed On 06/27/2016

05/02/2017

Eleanore R.

went well one repair visit promptly

Description of Work
Roof repair

Work Completed On 05/02/2017

04/08/2017

Gerald G.

I've been using this company for about the last 6 years. They are always extremely professional. They're always on time and leave the area clean of debris when they are finished. The impression they give is very family-oriented, thus they are very knowledgeable about their craft and I feel confident that they will provide excellent service whenever they are here. I undoubtedly intend on using this company for any roofing maitenance or repairs for as long as I live here!

Description of Work
Re-roofed my entire home.

Work Completed On 04/15/2013

10/26/2016

Kirk L.

Anthony was an absolute professional - polite, friendly, punctual, informative, helpful and reasonable on price. His team arrived on time, did a terrific job and cleaned up when they left. Anthony personally supervised the work and checked it when it was done to ensure it was satisfactory to both me and him. He clearly takes pride in his work and in the reputation that his family-owned business has developed over the years. At my request some months later, Anthony came back to tweak a few details on the roof, and once again showed up on time and did the work with no fuss (and for no extra charge). This is a company you can trust. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Anthony and his team laid a new roof on our Park Slope brownstone and repaired a skylight and hatch flashing that had seen better days.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 09/30/2016

01/25/2016

ADAM L.

Joe was fast, responsive, and matter of fact about the job. I wanted to use an ultrawhite energy star material for the job so the material cost for the job was increased. Scheduled the day about 3 weeks out. Polite crew of three arrived on time knocked the job out in a day. Job site was clean and work was done well. A little pricey but they did a nice job and I got my energy star roof. Would definitely recommend in the future!

Description of Work
Recovered and flashed aprox 1000SF flat roof on brownstone in Cobble Hill Brooklyn.

Work Completed On 11/15/2015

02/03/2015

Rose Marie B.

They were excellent, reliable, and very professional. They explained everything in detail which I really appreciated. I have referred a few of my neighbors as well and they did great job for them too.

Description of Work
I hired them to install a new roof.

Work Completed On 11/11/2008

09/29/2014

David W.

Fred was great - we had interviewed several roofers to add another membrane to our roof and also add insulation. Fred was the only person who gave us really good information about how to handle the insulation. He also gave us a very fair price for the work that he did and was on time with everything and was able to answer questions that I had regarding the roof. I would totally hire Premier again and certainly recommend Premier anytime.

Description of Work
put a new roof membrane on our co-op roof

Work Completed On 09/01/2014

09/03/2014

Mei E.

Sent an email to set up an appointment for estimate. They left a message on my answering machine that someone would get back to me on Monday. Did not receive a call so I called them. I provided the woman with 3 contact numbers but no one called back at all. Never heard back from anyone.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 05/11/2014

06/27/2014

Philip I.

I couldn't ask for anything more. Their speed, quality of work,and creating no inconveniences were beyond expectations.

Description of Work
Don't think I will need Angie's list for any of my future roofing needs, I'll go straight to these guys. Anthony came to estimate my jobs, said he wasn't cheap but he was good. He was one of three estimates I requested ,one didn't respond, the other was actually more expensive and appeared to be less experienced and not to sure of how to tackle my extension roof job. The main roof was a standard roof job including 2 new skylights and roof hatch and a couple other details. The extension roof was a little more complicated since I needed it raised about 2 feet, so they had to build a whole new frame and new joists, new plywood and then roof coating. The man who lead the job was excellent in every aspect, smarts,speed and politeness. It was a pleasure dealing with everyone I dealt with from this company Anthony, Fred , the workers and the secretary. I do appreciate Angie's List and the word of mouth recommendations from my neighbors for leading me in the right direction !!!

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 06/24/2014

06/18/2014

Laurea M.

They did a good job. They were very clean and everything was done properly.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

Work Completed On 05/16/2014

05/12/2014

Helen R.

I called 4 time spoke with the receptionist Debbie she stated she will have someone call me back. My first call was April 30,2014 and every call after that was told someone would call. I understand they may have been busy during this time but I would have appreciated a call back stating they could not accommodate me at the time. I have used them prior to replace my roof and they did good work. sorry, they did not respond,have to move on.

Description of Work
roof leaking. Never responded to call.

Work Completed On 04/30/2014

04/25/2014

Ingrid M.

The results of this awful winter of 2014 left damages from the excess weight of ice and snow to my roof, that caused replacement of my roof and ceiling. I search through Angies List carefully noting the comments made by members. I called three companies and I chose PREMIER ROOFING. My first thought was of the hours of service, It worked with my schedule as I needed to make calls before my 8-5 working hours. In my opinion his hours of 6:30am-3:30pm. meant he has done this long enough to get it right the first time, and that his father taught him principles of how to combine both work and family, he has not forgotten. Work smarter not harder. In my opinion, thats why he doesn't have emergency service. That being said, Fred answered, an appointment was set( I was late, he is very prompt) and within two days I had an e-mail copy of the estimate and one sent by our all too forgotten regular mail. The estimate was comparable to other companies. It was suggested and I had the option to remove the old and replace the entire roof. I knew the age of the roof and the patches done over the years and opt for complete removal. The job was done well and in a timely manner. At the start of the interior work a few days later , there was slight dripping from the ceiling but I knew that from the amount of initial saturation , that it was a result of the interior not being completely dry and not an issue with the roof . (The ceiling must be dry before sheetrock is placed) .I read a lot about people being upset they still had a leaks after their roof was fixed ,but sometimes you just have to be patient.. I waited two weeks for continued drying and even with rain showers, no leaks. (May not be the same in all situations, but something to think about). Bottom Line, Fred is a professional and seems to have carefully mastered his craft. He outlined what he was going to do and did what he said he was going to do and in a timely manner. If you want just want the job done well, call Fred.

Description of Work
Removed old flat roof and replaced entire roof of a duplex brownstone in Brooklyn.

Work Completed On 03/04/2014

02/19/2014

Elizabeth T.

We have chronic leaks from our roof deck above an extension on our home. I am in the process of getting opinions and estimates from professionals. I called this company to schedule a time for them to come over, and the receptionist told me they couldn't give an estimate until we remove the roof deck because they can't see where the leaks are with the deck in place. She's wrong. We know exactly where the leaks are and what's causing them - that's not the issue. The issue is the best way to fix them. Of course I'm not going to rip up my roof deck and THEN call contractors for estimates! I'm sure they are excellent, I just couldn't get past the brusk gatekeeper.

Description of Work
n/a

Work Completed On 02/19/2014

12/28/2013

Peter H.

I meant to write this review earlier, but also I did want to wait a bit to see how the job would fare over the winter. Overall I'm very pleased with the job. I had originally contact three different roofers (Leakmaster, Roofmaster and Premier). I must say Premier was the most responsive and professional and although expensive it was competitive. I felt they took the job seriously and provided a written quote (something hard to come by with the others.) Basically, I did not have a tear off job. They recovered all roofs including my main flat roof, extension and bay window. They rebuilt and raised the areas in the back so it would drain better and also around the skylights and roof hatch. They also used the best material available. Not to brag, but when I'm on my roof I can see I have the most sound roof on my block of 1890s brownstones. My neighbors used other roofers and the quality is not the same. They were able to supply copper trim for my back window for a nice touch. Along the front and back edge they used trim as well which I didn't have before. Two small gripes, they said the job would be done in one day, but it took two. Initially the skylights didn't arrive on time which I wasn't happy about, the owner however ended up finding them in the warehouse.

Description of Work
Install new roof on flat roof of brownstone including extension and back bay window. Replace skylights, roof hatch and repair chimneys.

Category roofing, chimney repair, skylights

Work Completed On 08/09/2012

12/10/2013

Pearl W.

It worked out perfectly and have had no leaks or problems since.

Description of Work
They added another layer of shingles to my roof.

Work Completed On 07/08/2013

08/05/2013

Ernette H.

So far it is going well, had to give him a $450.00 deposit to start and todate everything is ok.

Description of Work
make repairs to a roof

Work Completed On 08/02/2013

06/28/2013

Vivian C.

He was very professional and gave me an estimate on site and also send the proposal quickly. He explained in detail what he was going to to and also showed me materials he would use. He was very busy and said he could do the roof in 6 weeks. I could not wait that long.

Description of Work
He came to the house and went on the roof and gave me an estimate

Work Completed On 06/07/2013