Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2018

The four walls of any space must look appealing and inviting before the first piece of furniture goes into it. The Mayanda difference is the ability to deliver more than just the four walls of any space; it’s the ability to give attention to the temperature, the acoustics, the lighting, and the fine finish. The ability to take your design to convert any space into an elegant, cozy, or entertaining area. The Mayanda difference is the ability to coordinate the builder trades because the functionality of any space starts before any wall is built. Having resources in all areas provides proficiency in the following services: Crown molding and molding design Faux and textured finishes Plumbing and HVAC Electrical and lighting Masonry and paving...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+45 more images

Painting - Interior Project

Painting - Interior Project

electrician
Painting - Interior

woodworking (11)interior painting (10)home remodeling (6)lighting (5)electrician (4)plumbers (2)basement remodeling (1)plastering (1)handyman (22)interior decorators (2)movers (1)

06/13/2022

Michael C.

Working with Mayanda Home Improvement was an exceptional experience. David has an impeccable sense of detail, provided clear and specific estimates, communicated well during the projects and the work he and his team did was awesome. My basement was destroyed during a flood - and after working with David - it looks better than it ever has. I was so happy with Mayanda that I enlisted them to renovate the front of my house as well (tile the front porch, refurbish an historic door, new liner drains, refurbishing damaged old stucco and more). They navigated complex issues with expertise - we had a clear dialogue through the process and shared ideas and updates along the way. He and his entire team took great care and respect with protecting my home environment during the work. The whole team was excellent - friendly, professional and efficient. This team did exactly what they said they would do and made my life easier. I would highly recommend working with them!

Description of Work
Basement remodel after flood, front porch tiled and front of house renovated

Category electrician, lighting, remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

Review for Mayanda  - 8319 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 39764678

06/30/2021

Colin S.

We interviewed and took bids from eight different contractors for our kitchen renovation. What impressed us immediately about David was his interest in the project and his suggestions for how to coordinate the finishes into a cohesive design. He paid attention to the details. Then his estimate came in and it was excellent. Not only that, but the work timeline was by far the shortest. Once the project began, we saw how organized and efficient the company was with their work schedule. Our neighbors approached us in the hallways to tell us how courteous and friendly his work crew was. This was our first major apartment renovation in a co-op building, so we were plenty nervous. David was calm and steady throughout the process. Whenever we had a question, he was available, and got us the answer. He was attentive to any request we had in order to have the project finished to our expectations. As with any major project, issues did arise, but David was very responsive and dealt with all of them to our satisfaction. He also accommodated issues that arose with materials, etc. which were not his responsibility. He found solutions for us that exceeded our expectations. At the end of the day, we wanted communication, thoughtfulness, and trust from a potential contractor. David delivered on all those points. As we enjoy our new kitchen each and every day we feel fortunate that we settled on Mayanda. We look forward to sprucing up our bathroom with his help.

Description of Work
Kitchen Renovation

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/05/2021

Review for Mayanda  - 8319 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 39388697

03/11/2021

Adam B.

Highly recommended. We are super happy with the work David and his team did. High-quality work, on-time, satisfaction guarantee, stylish creative suggestions to improve your design if you wish, friendly service and interaction. Would definately hire again.

Description of Work
Full bathroom remodel

Category electrician, interior designers, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Review for Mayanda  - 8319 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 39241146

02/04/2020

Kelly R.

David and his team are consummate professionals. I have hired them for numerous jobs from handyman work, to painting, to full renovations. They do an excellent job and are efficient. They also charge very fair prices. All of my clients have been thrilled with David and his team and I now call him for jobs almost weekly. He is very trustworthy and meticulous in his work. I will continue to call him for repairs and renovations. Just excellent and a true pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Repairs and Renovations for Clients’ Homes

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plastering, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

01/20/2020

Kimberly L.

David and his team are exceptional. I hired them to demo my kitchen, install new cabinets, install appliances and rework some plumbing and electric and they delivered on all. David has a great team of plumbers, electricians and workers who get the job done. Communication was great, the team was on time and thorough in explaining next steps in the process. There were some hiccups on my end with ordering wrong sizes/wrong colors etc and everyone was really helpful in getting the right pieces and information for the reno to continue running smoothy and stress free. I felt taken care of from initial quote to completion and highly recommend his team. I have worked with other contractors in the past that did not deliver results and I'm glad to have found this team. I will be using David and his team for future projects and highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/09/2019

Review for Mayanda  - 8319 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 38339116

09/22/2019

Phyllis K.

Very professional and knows his stuff. Probably more of a contractor than a handyman (thus contractor prices), but good help is hard to find. Will use him again for larger projects and will recommend

Description of Work
Bathroom vanity replacement

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

09/11/2019

Jordan E.

David and his team were exceptional. They completed all the tasks with professionalism and skill and my floors and walls look amazing. He also sources all the materials I needed, helped me with color samples and various other items to make sure the job came out great. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Painting, Floors, General Alterations to my home and kitchen

Category handyman service, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

08/10/2019

Charles G.

David was very professional. The work was done very quickly and perfect!!

Description of Work
Closet Door installation

Work Completed On 08/10/2019

08/10/2019

Paula R.

Very well. David did a beautiful job and was pleasant and professional. I would definitely hire him for other jobs.

Description of Work
A door was reversed so hinge on other side and door swings out not in

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

07/16/2019

Andréa S.

The Mayanda team is amazing. Always professional, best price of any quote we get and the work is exceptional. They take great care and do the job right. They have basically redone our retail space in bits and pieces as we’ve needed it. Absolute asset to have saved in contacts for all NYC space needs.

Description of Work
Painting, pluming, lighting fixtures, carpentry

Category handyman service, lighting, custom furniture, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

07/09/2019

Mary Ann O.

This is for all those on the fence for trying Angie's List. I needed to get my AC installed in my living room and a friend kept cancelling. Well, the humidity got so bad that I absolutely needed to get this resolved and Angie's List was recommended to me. On Saturday, I decided to give it a try. Based on the reviews and flexible hours, I decided to give Mayanda a call. I was surprised that the were willing to come over on Saturday but my schedule needed them to come on Sunday instead. Sure enough, at 8:00 AM Sergio arrived and was very professional. He was able to install my AC in fifteen minutes. I felt that the service was excellent and the price was fair. I would recommend them to anyone needing handyman services for any job - big or small.

Description of Work
Install Window Air Conditioner

Work Completed On 07/07/2019

07/02/2019

Jared G.

Mayanda was very easy to deal with and the work was fantastic all around. I recommend Mayanda to everyone for all kinds of jobs. They really worked hard each day, ended on time and the work was perfect.

Description of Work
Hardwood floors, install AC, paint, carpentry, etc.

Work Completed On 06/27/2019

06/28/2019

judy A.

David and his team worked quickly and efficiently. They were on time, and were extremely polite and personable. I feel they went the extra mile to do a very careful, neat job. I highly recommend David and would use him again for any future job.

Description of Work
I needed to have my belongings carefully and securely packed up, and moved to a safe place within my apartment, to ensure that they would be completely protected from ongoing construction.

Category moving companies

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

06/16/2019

James B.

David is wonderful! He is as nice as can be, professional, he responded to me very quickly and was on time for the job. His price was very reasonable and yet he went above and beyond what I expected. The installation of the wall mount/arm for the television was complicated due to bookshelves that were in the way, but he did the job perfectly and with great care. I would recommend and rehire David in a flash. Thanks, David!

Description of Work
A complicated set up for a wall mount and television

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

06/10/2019

Maria H.

Various small jobs at our office. Painting, changing out lighting hardware, installing sinks, installing new countertop and backsplash. David and his team were on time and did great work!

Description of Work
Various jobs around at our office.

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

05/18/2019

Lucia M.

We hired David to gut renovate our bathroom. He was EXCELLENT! Note, we live in an old house and working in these spaces is often complicated and requires lots of attention to detail. Highlights: *He and his crew were always on time in the mornings and pushing the project forward *His team was ULTRA clean, it was a full renovation that normally generates lots of mess & dust and we hardly even noticed the mess as the space was always orderly at the end of the day (we've had chaotic renovations before and this was worlds better, project was next to our kitchen and we were able to use it with no problems) *We had multiple changes of scope and David was always knowledgeable and gave us advice about how to modify the project in a stylish, cost-effective way. *He has lots of trustworthy industry contacts such as for quality glass showers, tile purveyors and plumbers *His craftsmanship is HIGH quality and he devotes lots of time an effort into crafting a product that his clients like. He was meticulous about asking us for grout color, tile pattern and spacing (we chose herringbone), shower ledge measurements, custom shelving and all finishings. *We appreciated that the crew covered the floors on a daily basis and were careful not to damage the house as we are preserving its historical character * David is incredibly trustworthy and we would hire him again! Feel free to connect with us as a reference.

Description of Work
Bathroom Gut Remodel

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/18/2019

Review for Mayanda  - 8319 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 37886840

03/30/2019

Efthymios G.

I have hired Mayanda to work on a number of projects over the years. Projects are always delivered on-time and are of high quality. Dave, the owner, is a pleasure to work. He is always willing to go the extra step to ensure sure that the work is completed to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Drywall installation, bathroom installation, kitchen installation, tile installation, hardwood floor installation painting

Work Completed On 01/23/2019

03/30/2019

Arlene M.

David was a big help in renovating our 125 yr old Brownstone — he did a lot of creative wood working to modernize the home but without looking its 19th Century’s charm. He replicated a lot of the century old woodwork and had inventive fixes for any problems that came up as they always do in old homes . They worked magic on my old plaster walls to refurbish and repaint them. Our bathroom reno is gorgeous. and he did a great job with our deck addition off our kitchen. He and his crew worked promptly and furiously to get my reno project completed on time. I’ll always call on him on any future projects.

Description of Work
Home Renovation Work

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

Review for Mayanda  - 8319 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY - 37790792

03/04/2019

David D.

Great! David was super nice and professional and responded quickly.

Description of Work
Deadbolt Lock change.

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

01/28/2019

Anne B.

David and his helper, Nelson, performed professionally all of the tasks that I had asked to be done. While David was the apartment one of the blinds in the living room did not close properly. I had not originally asked for the blind to be fixed but David was able to fix the blind and now it works correctly. He also switched the two blinds in the living room since one of the blinds is used more often. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
various projects such as replacing floor titles (about 15 to 17 titles), rehung blinds, put up four small shelves and hung a few pictures, fixed kitchen faucet, small paint jobs (area near fireplace and 3 door saddles)

Work Completed On 01/25/2019

12/13/2018

Thomas A.

David and Luis did the work quickly and well. Very friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Replace parquet tiles and plug drain

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

11/09/2018

Iris H.

Arrived a little late but kept me informed on time. With helper, worked quickly and efficiently. He is very personable and respectful. Would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Furniture assembly

Category handyman service, custom furniture

Work Completed On 11/09/2018

10/12/2018

K H.

David is amazing and so nice! He always arrives on time and fixes things quickly and his prices are very fair. He's well-trained, does great work and he can do any type of project—from cabinetry to plumbing, really anything. I can't recommend him highly enough

Description of Work
Heavy media cabinet hung on drywall, plumbing, fix front door, fix window