Lapietra Contracting Corp

Founded 1971 • With Angi since June 2010

Our company was founded by the former President Salvatore Messina. Mr. Messina instilled in all his employees a superb work ethic and a sense of pride in their accomplishments. These principals are carried out today through Mr. Messina's son Patsy. Patsy Messina is the current President and owner of Lapietra Contracting Corp. Now in its second generation of family ownership and is looking toward the future. Our founder, Salvatore Messina brought with him to America old Italian style and craftsmanship which is upheld by his son Patsy and our crews of skilled craftsmen....

concrete repair (8)masonry (3)concrete driveways (2)interior painting (1)house painting (1)iron work (1)garage building (1)roofing (1)gutter repair (1)tile installation (1)

12/12/2020

Donald N.

Excellent!! Showed up on time and work completed as scheduled. All around professional.

Description of Work
Sidewalk e

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

12/11/2020

Donald N.

sidewalk repair

Description of Work
Handled professionally from start to finish. Pattsy showed up when he said and job completed on time. Excellent!!!!

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you. I look forward to assisting you on future projects.

05/14/2018

Jacqueline H.

I was happy with the finished product. I was unhappy with the price. I was also happy with Lapietra's professionalism. I plan to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Sidewalk repair

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

05/11/2017

Wendy Z.

I worked with Patsy Messina to arrange for the sidewalk replacement. He was very responsive via email and by phone. I needed this work done for my insurance company. He gave a good price. His guys showed up on time and did good work. I would hire him again.

Description of Work
sidewalk replacement and repair

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

08/31/2016

Carol M.

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 08/31/2011

11/04/2015

PAULA P.

Description of Work
They fixed my yankee gutters and repaired damage to the roof of my car port from water leakage. They restored my brick steps and installed a hand rail. I liked this provider but didn't do my homework before. They were very expensive. When I asked after the job for an estimate for interior painting their estimate was much hight then my other two estimates. They were good, but not that good.

Category concrete repair, gutter repair, masonry, roofing, garage builders, wrought iron, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/03/2015

I'm sorry but I do not have your name or address in our customer database. Are you sure you have the right Lapietra? There are others in Brooklyn. If you used our company you would have met with Patsy Messina. Was he the supervisor of your project?

03/25/2014

jeanne S.

Great - first they did the deck painting then they did the roof work then they did the window/door conversion. It took longer than I wanted to do the window/door conversion and weather didn't help but I know that's not unusual in construction for things to take longer than one wants them to and/or cost more. Ultimately I thought they were very competent and professional and I've recommended them to others already.

Description of Work
Replaced our copingstones and fixed the flashing Repointed our bricks Painted our steel deck Converted our window to a door

Work Completed On 10/21/2013

Thank You very much for your feedback. We will take you comments into consideration on all of our future projects. It was a pleasure to work with you and we greatly appreciate the referrals. Patsy

11/14/2012

Lucille L.

They were wonderful. No headaches or problems at all.

Description of Work
They cleaned out debris after the hurricane. They also repaved my yard.

Work Completed On 04/11/2012

I know it's a little late but thank you so much for the review. It was a pleasure working with you and I look forward to hearing from you when you are ready to do the front yard. Patsy

10/15/2012

Jeanne S.

Very Well !!!!

Description of Work
Gutted old sidewalk, driveway and back stoop. Poured new entire area. Did a great job of removing all old debris. Very neat and tidy with new pour. Did all that we asked and in a timely fashion. Would use again and have recommended them to our neighbors.

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 08/15/2012

Thanks so much for the review. It was our pleasure to work with you. We really appreciate the referrals and look forward to the opportunity to work with you again.

06/04/2012

Randa H.

After having so many bad experiences with contractors and home improvement businesses, I have finally found a GEM!!! This company is amazing. I worked closely with the owner Patsy and his foreman Ali and I cannot say enough wonderful things about these men. Patsy is honest, very professional, and precise. His is also a man of his word. There were no hidden fees, I was charged for the work that was done. The foreman knows his stuff. He came to my house every morning and talked to me about what the day's work would be, asked me if I had any questions or concerns, explained the products they were using to me. I felt very comfortable with everyone. Patsy often came to the house to check on the men working- he was NOT one of those absentee owners who just comes by to collect money. He also talked to me about the work, gave me advice on how to improve my home even more. The workers were polite and professional also. They knew a lot about brick/masonary work and also took the time during their busy job to talk to me about what they were doing. I was not left out in the dark like with many companies out there today. They were very clean and left the job site pristine each night. I did not have to clean up after them. My house looks beautiful. If you have any contracting needs call Lapietra!!! They will do the right job by you.

Description of Work
Lapietra pointed the bricks on the front of my home from the roof to the ground floor near my driveway. They also removed a rusted lintel above my garage area and repaired and replaced bricks that have shifted due to the rusted lintel. In addition they sealed and caulked around my windows and air conditioning on the second floor and painted my decorative trim that edges my roof in the front.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 05/29/2012

Thanks so much for the review. It was our pleasure to work with you. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you again. Don't forget to monitor the Lintels at the back of the house. When I was last there they didn't have much life left to them.

04/28/2012

Lucille L.

The job went off without a hitch. We couldn't be happier with the way things went, And with the way the job turned out.

Description of Work
Hurricane Irene lifted and knocked down a large tree In our yard. The root system lifted the paving stones out of the ground in a wave formation. My planter boxes were also knocked over. The yard was basically destroyed. We called Several contractors at the time, Lapietra was the only company that responded Promptly. Before we knew it Patsy was there measuring everything. He explained Everything that needed to be done and gave us a time frame in which he Could complete the work. Within a day we had written estimate. When the work began, we knew exactly what to expect. The workmen always arrive when expected And on time. They removed all the débris, broke up what was left of the Pavement, tore down a deck and removed an over sized Basement Window. Next was the removal of the extensive root system of the downed tree. At the end of every day, the work area was cleared, and the was debris carted away. After the ground was graded and prepped, re-bar was laid and the cement was poured, And finished. We really can't say enough about Lapietra Construction, they made A very stressful situation a pleasure. And we couldn't be more satisfied With the results. They did not give us the least expensive estimate for our job, but after researching everyone we decided to go with Lapietra and are we glad We did! Remember this is your home and your investment. If I've learned Anything through this whole thing, it's that a good cement contractor Ain't cheap, and a cheap cement contractor ain't good!

Work Completed On 04/27/2012