Jack of All Trades

Founded 2014 • With Angi since May 2016

I have nearly 30 years of experience in the electrical field. Additionally, I am experienced in general contracting, ceramic tile installation, drywall, , painting, minor repairs, furniture assembly (IKEA, Mayfair etc..) done professionally. I work in both residential as well as commercial properties. We offer FREE estimates!...

A Service Provider's profile image

handyman (62)drywall (16)interior painting (15)door installation (6)plumbers (6)lighting (6)ceiling fan installation (5)woodworking (4)lamp repair (3)tile installation (3)house painting (2)home remodeling (2)

05/21/2021

Rebecca P.

I worked with Yakov and he was very helpful, and his work was efficient and reasonably priced. I would work with them again.

Description of Work
removal of wooden countertop

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review I appreciate it. It was a pleasure working with you.

09/25/2020

Lynda R.

We had a the BEST experience with Jack of All Trades! We had a plumbing leak from our kitchen which created damage under the house. After having the plumbing repaired, they came to repair a wall behind our dishwasher and deal with the wood damage underneath the house. They were on time, wearing masks, personable and did a great job on our repairs. They cleaned up, including removal of the 20 foot pipe the plumber left under our house. We are looking forward to working with these guys on several projects!

Description of Work
plumbing leak repair

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

11/13/2019

Pamela S.

Absolutely the best! I cannot say enough good things about Ramin. The work was done perfectly and in a timely manner. It might sound strange to say, but the walls he repaired/rebuilt are beautiful. Ramin is very trustworthy, I felt secure knowing he had a key to the house and that he and his crews would lock up and treat my home with respect. Renovations are difficult experiences, working with Ramin made the experience as good as possible.

Description of Work
Renovating and remodeling a full floor brownstone apartment. Painting, carpentry, removing and rebuilding a wall, floor refinishing, repairing downed plaster, hanging kitchen cabinets, installing kitchen and bathroom sinks, installing a ring shower, repairing a bathroom floor and re-seating a toilet, removing adhesive from a tile floor and subcontracting for major electrical work (running power from basement to the 4th floor and re-grounding the entire house.

Category drywall, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, floor cleaning

Work Completed On 09/01/2019

11/13/2019

Alta F.

Ramin is great! Our new go-to handyman. Quick, kind, helpful and very fair pricing. Thank you Jack of all trades!

Description of Work
Plumbing

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 11/13/2019

09/22/2019

Phyllis K.

Came by my apartment to look at work that needed to be done. We discussed a few options, and he was to get back to me in 2-3 days. This was 2 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a peep. Maybe the project was not worth his time, but to not respond/follow-up is very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Replace vanity

Work Completed On 09/22/2019

I am sorry because of a personal matter I had to leave town for 10 days if there is anything I can do to make it up to you please let me know thank you in advance for understanding

09/20/2019

Lucy M.

All the workers were professional they cleaned up after the job is completed I would use them again.

Description of Work
Painting sheet rocking in Floit’s

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/16/2019

it was a pleasure working with you thank you for understanding

08/24/2019

Valerie A.

The worker was polite and very professional. Respected the property. The work done was great and looks wonderful. I highly recommend this company and I will definitely hire them. In fact this is the second time using them.

Description of Work
Scrape and the paint the front stairs and front yard. Paint and weather proof the front door. Scrape and paint back yard.

Category drywall, handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

07/03/2019

Gretel B.

Never showed up for scheduled appointment

Description of Work
Cabinets and closet door fixed

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed] it must be a mistake i do not have any msgs and or Emails and or texts from you could it be that you made an appointment with some one else

07/01/2019

Laura W.

Ramin and his team hung a pendant light for me, installed two new sconces, repaired our wall damage, painted the room, and installed a floating shelf. They did a wonderful job, were very kind and respectful of our space, and I will certainly have them back again!

Description of Work
Electrical, wall repair, and painting

Category handyman service, lighting, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

06/28/2019

Julie L.

Ramin and his crew were fantastic! We have an apartment with very high ceilings. Ramin and his crew showed up on time and finished our project early. We could not have been more impressed with the quality of their work. Also, his pricing is fair.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

04/11/2019

Guillaume J.

Company was responsive and came quickly to assess scope of work and give us an estimate. The quote was competitive and reasonable but we ultimately decided to use another company.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote to repair a broken shower floor/wall (leaking in floor, bad tiles... Etc)

03/03/2019

Keiji A.

Ramin was initially very attentive, but did not want to do a crucial part of the job: paint removal. At first he overcharged for that specific service, then the day before project start, he said he needed to "pass" on just that service. When I said that was not possible, he simply stopped responding to my emails.

Description of Work
Restoration

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/03/2019

i am sorry for that but we did not take the job because it is a permitted job and we could not do it with out one. I understood from you that a different company was asking for $60,000.00 to do the job and we came in as much lower but could not do it with out permits

02/12/2019

Barbara R.

He did an excellent job. He was responsive, professional and quick.

Description of Work
Repaired ceilings after leaks

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/04/2019

02/12/2019

Valerie A.

Very respectful. The work done well. Pleased. Clean up could be a tad better.

Description of Work
Sheet Rocking. Basement work,. Steel door placement

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 02/03/2019

01/10/2019

Jonanthan S.

Great company they were clean polite and best of all did great work.

Description of Work
Replaced drywall

Category drywall, handyman service

Work Completed On 12/31/2018

11/15/2018

Moses T.

Ramin and his staff were amazing. I called a few place that were charging me thousands of dollars for these doors to be put up. But, Ramin was very professional, accommodating, and reasonable about pricing as well as installation. He arrived immediately and got right to work. I cannot say enough about how great was this experience. afterwards they cleaned up everything. I will definitely be calling again for future projects.

Description of Work
I needed some doors put up with a sliding barn door kit.

Category doors

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

10/31/2018

Martin W.

Ramin Imani and his crew were very professional. They paid great attention to detail ensuring that all work was of the highest quality. They cleaned up after each day, disposed of the debris and ensured that any dust produced did not affect the other parts of the home. The work was accomplished on schedule and within the quoted price. The Bathroom is outstanding exceeding my expectations and my wife loves it. I highly recommend Jack of All Trades and would use them for any of my future jobs.

Description of Work
I hired Ramin Imani of Jack of all Trades to modernize my master bathroom. This included removal of existing appliances, removal of the floor tiles and subfloor, removal of the wall and ceiling sheetrock and insulation, removal of the base board heating elements walls as well as removal of one of the existing walls. They installed tile boards and tiled the floor and half way up the walls. Green boards were installed, primed and painted on the ceiling and the top portion of the walls. They installed new insulation, new based board heating elements, a new toilet, medicine chest, vanity and a quarts vanity top with a porcelain sink. A new shower was build having a recessed shelve and completely tiled. New lights were installed throughout the bathroom. A wooden core door and window with associated moldings were also installed. Grab bars as well as towel racks and other accessories were installed according to my specifications and secured to the installed blocking boards behind the walls.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/26/2018

Leyla S.

excellent work; intelligent, friendly service

Description of Work
basic repairs

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

Bonnie A.

It couldn't have gone better. The first two jobs were done quickly and professionally and the third one turned out to be unnecessary (the circuit just needed flipping), so we weren't charged for it.

Description of Work
We needed a drainpipe fixed, a roof door sealed, and we thought, electric plugs replaced.

Work Completed On 10/28/2018

Mark C.

Ramin is a very nice guy and so is his helper. They both seemed immensely experienced and professional. The door is perfectly installed. I would definitely hire them for future projects because I can trust that they know what they are doing.

Description of Work
Installation of a new door, installation of lock sets, assemble and installation of medicine cabinets, various repairs

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

08/22/2018

Steve M.

Went great. Timely quality work and fair price.

Description of Work
Fix my mothers front door to her apartment and add a hatch lock

Category handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 08/22/2018

08/16/2018

Saby T.

The company had been hired to repair stucco, top to bottom, on the front of my and my mother's 3-family house in February 2018. They charged about $10K brought 4 guys with scaffolding and took about a week to do the work. It seemed that they did a good job, so in May 2018 we hired the company to repair the stucco, top to bottom, and do some additional waterproofing, on the back of the house. This time they brought one guy, one ladder and worked for less than a day. They charged my mother $10,243.65. Additionally, they did not apply the Angie's list discount nor the senior citizen discount as they did for the first job.(My mother is over 70. She lives in the house and I co-own the house with her but I live in California.) When my mother informed me they claimed to have completed over 3 stories of stucco repair, plus waterproofing and painting, with one guy in less than a day, I contacted the owner about the job being incomplete as well as the discounts that should have been applied. He stated he had completed the job. I explained this did not seem possible considering the disparity between the quantity of people and the time it took to do the same work on the front of the house, not to mention the additional work of waterproofing and painting that he was hired to do on the back of the house. I asked him for pictures of the completed work, but he gave an excuse about not having the pictures and said he would send them to me later. He has never sent me the pictures for this job, whereas for the front of the house, he immediately sent pictures of the completed job. Despite his insistence the stucco repair was complete, the owner did return to the house, but he returned without workmen or equipment, borrowed a ladder from my mother and spent a short while doing something at the back of the house, but it was not clear what. After that, as far as he was concerned, the job was done. With regards to the refund, the owner told us he would give us a partial refund, in the form of credit toward future jobs. However, we explained he hadn’t completed the current job and he had made it clear he wasn’t going to complete it, so we had no desire to hire him for future projects and would need the money refunded. He then agreed to refund the money,but when weeks passed and we hadn't received reimbursement, I contacted him again. Then I contacted him again in June, then July, then August via email and text. First I received excuses, then finally no response at all. So after the owner stopped responding to me completely, I went to the Angie's List website and posted the review in August 2018 with details about this interaction. I wrote: Did not complete the work as described. Contacted him about the incomplete work, he denied the work was incomplete but said he would provide a refund. However, we have only received excuses about when he would send the refund. We have now been waiting for 3 months and counting and he is no longer responding to our texts or emails The owner of the company then replied on your website,stating: As per out contract your mom only wanted partial work done due to it being in the back of the house and was only charged for work done she then happily paid us. You later(on the west coast) asked us for pictures from work done and where not happy about it we then went back and completed the job [emphasis added] at no cost and you asked for a refund as well. However mom was happy all along and did not know why you are not happy with her decision to only do part of the back for a lower price [emphasis added]. We at jack of all trades understand that we cannot make the world happy but we will not stop trying. Even the owner himself in his reply states he had to “go back to complete the job”, indicating he knew the job was not complete. (Though what exactly he meant by “complete” is unclear since, when he did return to the house, it was without any workmen and no discernible work was done.) Also note the owner states that only“part of the back” of the back of the house was done for a “lower price” acknowledging he did less work on the back of the house than on the front. However, he charged us $6,700.00 for the stucco repair on the front of the house and he charged us $6,700.00 for the stucco repair on the back of the house; the back of the house was not supposed to be only a partial repair, and if he thought it was a partial job, he should not have charged us the full $6700 he did for the stucco repair on the front. (As I mentioned earlier, the stucco repair on the front took about a week with a staff of workers, but what was supposed to be stucco repair on the back of the house, was done with one guy in less than a day. Logic dictates what was done in the back of the house could not have been a complete job.) In a recent development, my mother called the contractor because she discovered the back porch was leaking.This was part of the waterproofing work the company was hired to do and the owner told us the "work" was guaranteed for a year. However, the owner told her he was not responsible for the leaks. Then my mother asked him about the refund and the owner told her that because I wrote the negative Angie's List Review, he would now not reimburse the money as promised. So he is using the fact that I wrote the Angie’s List Review as some sort of retribution/punishment for not refunding our money. We pay for work that is properly done, as we did with this same contractor and the first job for which we hired him. We have no complaints about that job, but in this case, he has clearly not completed the work for which he was hired nor will he reimburse us for his faulty work and work he did not complete. We have not had any success trying to resolve the issue with the owner directly, so we appreciate Angie’s List intervening on our behalf. Originally we wanted the company to complete the work, but since that’s not possible, we are seeking a partial refund for the incomplete stucco repair. The owner himself described the work he did as “only part of the back” so there’s no reason we should have been charged the full $6700 that we were charged for the front. Additionally, we are seeking the Senior Citizen and Angie’s List discounts that should have been, but were not applied($900). Finally, now, after discovering the leaks, we would also need reimbursement to hire a different contractor to do the waterproofing work ($750) properly.

Description of Work
waterproofing, stucco and paint

Category handyman service, stucco, house painters

Cost $10,243.65