Founded 1982 • With Angi since August 2013

Emergency Heating Service Twenty four hours a day, Seven days a week. Residential Gas Boiler Service, Maintenance & Repairs.

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Big LouBaby DeePaul

3.6

3.6

3.7

4.1

3.7

HVAC Companies (30)chimney sweep (2)chimney repair (1)

11/03/2022

diane R.

I purchased new water heater. It was of average quality, not energy star rated as I was told it would be so I was not eligible for rebates offered by the utility company. They also did not install pan underneath . I also had a boiler tune up contract with them . They provided basic service.

Description of Work
new water heater.

Category chimney sweep

Work Completed On 03/16/2015

02/07/2017

Jacqueline H.

I was not impressed. I felt scammed.

Description of Work
I needed my furnace checked to ensure it was in proper working order.

Work Completed On 02/07/2017

07/16/2016

Walter L.

Work Completed On 07/16/2016

06/03/2016

Tiffany N.

Well it didn't go good because I didn't have the money. they came out, they did the inspection they gave me a price and everything but I still didn't have the money they wanted seven thousand dollars and I am just coming out of the hospital.

Description of Work
I used Heatspan for heating &A/C.

Work Completed On 06/03/2016

05/06/2016

Barry S.

03/31/2016

Deloris R.

They were on time. They didn't do any work. They just told me what was wrong with it, and it didn't make sense, so we didn't use them.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal to get my furnace inspected and cleaned.

Work Completed On 11/30/2015

02/10/2016

Jacqueline H.

Work Completed On 02/08/2014

02/03/2016

Joseph W.

Description of Work
Wrong and overpriced solutions. Left valve open in boiler and basement flooded.

Work Completed On 11/27/2015

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have cause you. Please call the office at 718-375-3320 so we can discuss a solution to this matter. Thank you Heatspan

02/02/2016

Bashir & Lee M.

Work Completed On 10/05/2015

01/22/2016

LASHEUNE C.

Description of Work
They serviced my boiler and it was back up and running within 10 mins. They said it didn't need to bleed so since they was the first to say that I was hesitant. System was perfect after their service. I've learned from CPH it's the settings that the boiled going. That's the only detail they didn't mention to me. Everything else was fine.

Work Completed On 10/22/2015

12/08/2015

LASHEUNE C.

It went well. Prior to their visit the heat wasn't coming up. He cleaned the thermocouple and I turned it upto 90^. Found a stuck button on the thermostat and forced it to 90^ and once that came on, everything was purring like a kitten. We talked about the jumping my thermostat and wires being crossed. The guys were comical and sincere. The only 2 things I didn't like was 1) no phone call prior and 2) guy smoking in the gate - I hate cigarettes and it's smoke. He later apologized.

Description of Work
He dusted the thermocouple. Advised me to put heat to 90^ on a all thermostats. Heat kicked up like a brand new baby. He said my system was good and I should separate the water heater from the furnace. He mentioned it would cost around $2800 for direct water heater. I also looked at their heating plans. Plan B or Cbut it was too expensive for me.

Cost $59.99

Work Completed On 11/23/2015

11/23/2015

Dwayne J.

All I wanted them to for was bleed my radiator, and they replaced the thermostat without my consent. Now my heat is not working.

Description of Work
They came and bled my radiator and replaced my thermostat.

Work Completed On 10/30/2015

I am very sorry you fell we did not do our job. This is why we request the homeowner be at the property at the time of service. As per your brothers request we did not bleed the system, he also signed up for the parts protection plan which comes with a complimentary thermostat that he asked us to install that day. I apologize if you were not pleased with the settings on the thermostat but it was not done with out the consent of your brother which at the time my tech was under the assumption was the homeowner. If you would like to make an appointment during business hours Monday - Saturday from 9-3 or 11-5 for us to fix the settings on your thermostat please call 718-375-3320.

11/22/2015

Julia P.

They were very responsive to calls to schedule work. The technicians arrived on time and stayed all day to replace our deteriorating return lines with copper pipe and our outside water line. They were neat and organized. When we noticed a small leak on the water line, they came out promptly the next day to resolve.

Description of Work
Replaced the return lines with copper pipes

Work Completed On 11/13/2015

05/14/2015

Ricky R.

The unit is working fine but only after two visits. The second visit we were informed about the price after he had already began the service.

Description of Work
He cheked the pressure and charged the system.

Work Completed On 05/12/2015

Thank you for your feedback. It has been a pleasure working with you and we look forward to maintaining your equipment in the future. Heatspan

04/08/2015

Gladys F.

On 3/31 exactly at 9am two gentlemen were ringing my doorbell. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of one of them but the main person who seemed to be the manager his name is Mario. I can not say enough about how happy I was about the service. They were very thorough. Mario took the time to explain many things I didn't know about out boiler - we purchased the house a few years ago with no knowledge of anything. Mario even cleaned the water heater and the chimmey. He even checked my thermostat and helped me understand so many things we were doing wrong and that would cost us a lot of money once added up at the end of the year. Mario also indicated that we're going to need a chimmey liner and the return lines changed which we're planning on doing. He also indicated that our water heater didn't have much life in it so we would have to change it soon. The following day after their visit I had a problem with the water heater - as Mario had warned me. I called and spoke with Lou who was extremely caring and diligent after hearing that I was having this issue. He told me he'd send Mario the next morning to see what was happening with my heater. Next morning at 9am Mario was ringing the doorbell. It turns out we're going to have to change the heater sooner than we thought - just like Mario had indicated the week before. Meanwhile during this 2nd visit, Mario spend some time with us helping us with a heating issue we had been having for a while - we had no heat in our bedroom. He fixed the problem at no charge. We will be calling Heatspan to do the above work and will recommend them to friends and neighbors - their concept of customer service is way above the norm. I will always ask for Mario - he's a very honest person who genuinely cares about the customers.

Description of Work
We purchased a 22-point boiler inspection and cleaning. On 3/30 I spoke with Lou and he scheduled the service for the following day at 9am.

Work Completed On 03/31/2015

12/31/2014

Adriana N.

They resolved it but said it needs replacement overall satisfied with their quick response and service

Description of Work
Fixed heating issues with the boiler.

Work Completed On 12/02/2014

11/06/2014

Rawle N.

They do an ok job. I didn't like when the technician tried to push additional work on me that I thought I didn't need.

Description of Work
They installed a new water heater. They installed my boiler three years ago. They also do yearly maintenance and on the boiler.

Work Completed On 07/18/2014

[Member name removed], I would like to apologize if you found one of our technicians to be too pushy. I will be reviewing your work order and looking into this matter further. Again please accept our apologies. Heatspan

01/18/2014

Juan S.

i think they were great. they came checked everything, had everything done in 1 day.friendly and accurate

Description of Work
he put in a new boiler for me.

Work Completed On 01/09/2014

Thank you so much for the feedback, we really appreciate it. Heatspan

01/30/2006

I WISH I HAD NOT TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THE GOOD PROMOTIONAL PRICE TO HAVE MY CHIMNEY CLEANED. I TOLD THEM I WANTED TO GET OTHER ESTIMATES FOR THE REPAIR NEEDS THAT WERE FOUND AND THEY BECAME RUDE AND AGGRESSIVE ABOUT MY WISH TO ASK FOR A SECOND OPINION.

Description of Work
CLEAN AND INSPECT CHIMNEY FOR REPAIR NEEDS

Category chimney sweep

SYLVIA R.

THIS COMPANY TOOK ME FOR A RIDE. FIRST THEY INSISTED THAT I NEEDED A NEW BOILER AND I DID NOT. THEN THEY TALKED ME IN TO IT. THEY DIDN'T EVEN DO THE JOB RIGHT AND THEY WOULDN'T RESPOND WHEN I TRIED TO REACH THEM. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THEIR WORK.

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW CHIMNEY.

Category chimney repair

01/30/2006

I LIKED THEIR WORK BUT THEY WERE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE. THEY WORKED ON MY THERMOSTAT AND FIXED THE PIPE. IT IS ALL WORKING FINE NOW. I MAY TRY ANOTHER COMPANY IN THE FUTURE.

Description of Work
CHANGED THERMOSTAT AND FIXED PIPE

01/30/2006

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY BIG PROBLEMS WITH THE WORKERS FROM BROOKLYN GAS BUT THEIR ATTITUDE IS JUST SO-SO AND THE WORK IS OKAY BUT NOTHING FANTASTIC. I USE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE CONVENIENT.

Description of Work
BOILER CHECK.