We accept remote payment

Elegant Home Improvement

Founded 1985 • With Angi since November 2012

146 Forbell St

Brooklyn, NY 11208

Elegant Home Improvement is a professional contracting company that proudly servicing in New York over 35 years. We specialize in Residential and Commercial for Interior and Exterior construction and repairs. We provide the quality service beyond our customers expectations. To provide our clients with professional service and the results that they are looking for. In a business such as general contracting there are a lot of unscrupulous characters. We intend to show our clients that a trusting relationship can still exist with us as your general contractor. Elegant Home Improvement was established in 1985 as a small repair company and since then it has transformed into a general contracting company offering a variety of services to a variety of clients....

08/08/2022

Jeremiah Z.

What didn’t this awesome team do for us? From building a closet to installing bathroom ventilation, regarding the backyard and installing a French drain, and countless other projects, Karim and his dream team exceeded our expectations. He gave us expert advice every step of the way. We’d hire him again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Various contractor projects

Category concrete repair, decks, drywall, electrician, plastering, plumbing, interior painters, mudjacking

06/24/2022

James M.

Karim did an awesome job! He took great care in making sure that the job went smoothly. It was a complicated, custom installation in our 1908 brownstone. I would recommend Karim to anyone that needs interior or exterior work!

Description of Work
Custom window installation

Category replacement windows, doors

06/15/2021

Niki M.

We had our front landing and steps to our basement redone as well as our porch. This was the second job we had done with Elegant Home Improvement and the end result was really great and vastly improved the look of the front of our house.

Description of Work
Front of House Reno

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, decks, gutter repair, masonry, roofing, marble & granite, house painters, mudjacking

03/20/2021

Jeanie W.

They did excellent work. I couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
Kitchen and Bathroom Renovation

Category remodeling

10/01/2020

Adam B.

Our bathroom had water damage from what we thought were a few broken tiles. A little project turned out to be a gut of the entire bathroom as we discovered some very poor ad-hock handyman work as we opened the walls. The subflooring was damaged and needed replacing. As we open the floors up we found someone had sawed through the joists; they needed sistering and additional repairs. In addition to all this, we found the plumbing was completely wrong and there was another giant leak coming from above the bathroom we were renovating. Long story short it was one derailment after another. Karim was very responsive to our issues and helped us tackle these problems in a timely manner. Workers showed up and were on time. Overall a good contractor to work with, responsive, communicative, and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation & Water damage repair

Category drywall, plumbing, water damage restoration, home remodeling, interior painters

Thank you so much. It was my pleasure to work with you guys.

03/09/2020

Kevin D.

Phenomenal work. Karim was honest, straight forward, and the work has been outstanding. We had a leak, he was able to see exactly what was wrong, suggest a fix, and then get it done. Haven’t had a leak since.

Description of Work
Roof Needed to Be Fixed

05/07/2019

Jaime T.

I have used Elegant Home Repair for two projects now. The employees were all friendly, professional, and thorough. The work done was to my satisfaction, I was updated regarding timing and they made sure to inform me of any other potential issues or projects that could be done while doing my projects. I would definitely recommend them to any of my peers. I will be using them for more work moving forward. It is hard to find people that you can trust, people that are open and explain things so that you have an understanding of the work going on or any particular issues with what you want to do. There are plenty of people that will take your money and run, but this company has a life-long customer in me. I received many estimates, but Elegant Home Repair was reasonable and explained the process for completing work for me from permits to inspection. All work was completed in a timely manner. They are number 1 to me!

Description of Work
Electrical and Window Replacement

Category electrician, replacement windows

03/02/2019

Sarita D.

Karim came highly recommended from some friends and we had the same great experience. He was thorough, clear, and patient. He was helpful with giving advice when we asked and pointing out things we may not have thought of, but he was never pushy. We always felt confident working with him and would gladly recommend him to anyone else!

Description of Work
Basement renovation

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, basement waterproofing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, mudjacking, foundation repair, basement remodeling

03/02/2019

Anim S.

Karim from Elegant Home Improvement came recommended from a friend who described him as an incredibly communicative contractor. That turned out to be very accurate, and it makes a huge difference. Karim has been extremely, clear, patient, and professional. He takes time to explain things and to understand our interests. It also seems like he takes pride in making things really nice — he takes satisfaction in it beyond the check. Because of difficulties we’ve had with the Dept of Buildings (NOT related to Karim), we’ve had to adjust a lot of things along the way. So we’ve had to communicate A LOT and not once have we ever felt like we’ve received anything other than honesty, details, and fair processing. Because of that DOB error, the process took longer than we intended, which means Karim has been in our lives - almost daily - for a period of months. It was a pleasure and stress free the whole time. I mean it. It’s amazing to say....but he did a really good job with our somewhat complicated needs and we’re really happy with the work and could not recommend Karim highly enough. On top of it, his team of subcontractors for plumbing and electric were also good to work with. I would share more photos but we’re still moving some boxes and furniture around so I think these few will give an idea of the nice flooring and tiling that Karim and team accomplished as well as an entire floor that Karim opened up to a continuous kitchen, dining room and living room with the built-in bookshelves Karim did for us I would recommend him highly to any of my friends...and I’m grateful to our friends that recommended him.

Description of Work
We needed a full renovation for a house we just bought and moved into. The job included taking out multiple walls, an upgrade of almost all the plumbing and electrical, removing some walls and adding others, and — as it turned out — roof and foundation repair.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, egress windows, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, hardwood floor, insulation, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, mudjacking, foundation repair, basement remodeling

02/25/2019

Steven L.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! The most unprofessional, unreliable and dishonest company I have ever come across. After getting a quote I agreed to work with them. After 2 months of waiting for a gap in their schedule and confirming a date. I spend thousands and have a house full of building materials I had ordered to be ready for them. They pull the pin the day before as a larger job comes in. The lack of honesty, reliability and respect was mind blowing. AVOID THIS COMPANY and the owner Karim who can't be trusted.

Description of Work
Bathroom Tiling and upgrade

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

[Member Name Removed] and Elegant Home Improvement never had a contract. [Member Name Removed] delayed signing an agreement and giving us a down payment. Our business cannot neglect our timetable because we respect our clients’ time. We did not allow [Member Name Removed] to interrupt our services to other clients. It is [Member Name Removed] who is dishonest and lacks reliability and respect.

01/30/2019

Tatyanna W.

Completed job on time.

Description of Work
Patching, painting and general repairs

Category ceramic tile, plastering, interior painters

07/17/2018

Todd D.

Karim is fantastic. Hardworking, smart, determined, kind and above all trustworthy. He was recommended to us by a new neighbor across the street during the purchase of our townhouse in Cypress Hills. Karim was prompt with estimates and his prices were very competitive. The quality of work was top notch throughout our rather extensive home renovations. Karim and his team gave us a new roof, refinished all our floors, and did and entire re-imagining of our parlor floor. This included removing interior walls for a completely open floor plan, an entirely new kitchen and powder room, and countless other details. My wife and I lived on the second floor while The downstairs was being renovated. Throughout this process we had the good fortune to get to know Karim and his crew quite well for several months. All of Karim’s subcontractors who were involved in the project also proved to be top notch and reliable. Because of this, I now feel as though I have a reliable electrician and plumber for anything that may come up in the future. And that in and of itself is a huge advantage in NYC. With all the horror stories you hear about shady contractors, we feel very fortunate to have met Karim and plan to work with him on future renovation projects. A++

Description of Work
Roof, dining room, living room, powder room, kitchen renovations

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, hardwood floor, insulation, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, siding, skylights, drain pipe, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, mudjacking

08/02/2017

Amerigo R.

Karim and his team are excellent. They listen to everything you have to say, show up when they say they will, and do an amazing job. I don't think you could find a better general contractor.

Description of Work
Total home renovation, including full electric, plumbing, kitchen, bathrooms, floors, masonry, etc.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

02/08/2017

Resham M.

Great! Karim and his team are very professional and honest. We are happy with the work they have done.

Description of Work
Roof repair, metal gate installed, garage framing, backyard landscape

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, remodeling, roofing

01/02/2017

Imrul I.

He is the only contractor I will ever hire again. A+++

Description of Work
Mr. Karim is an excellent contractor. He and his company beautifully renovated my bathroom. He was patient with my wife choosing the color and pattern of the bathroom floor tiles. He gave us a great price for an A+ job done.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, remodeling, replacement windows, home remodeling, interior painters

12/12/2016

Amerigo R.

It could not have gone any better! Karim was extremely thorough and communicative about the entire process. The pricing was fair, he treated his team of employees with respect, and they did an incredible job! Karim went above and beyond in several ways, and I highly recommend him to everybody if they want a job done right.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof for our brick row house. The old roof was removed and a new roof was put on, along with insulation, support for solar panels, and new vents.

11/21/2016

Leah R.

Karim is not my first contractor but hopefully my last one. I have gone through several in the past and was never satisfied with service, quality of work and money was all gone down to waste. Karim does a professional quality work. He takes pride in his work and will provide quality work to the last detail. The materials he uses are just right (not too expensive and not of poor quality, but average and durable). I even had Karim do some other additional small thing for which he never refuses. He is really courteous, professional, reliable and does his work as promised. I am actually hiring him in the future for both interior and exterior work. If he can't do something or not an expert, he won't take the job/profit but will hire another company to do it for you and I appreciate such honesty. Customer satisfaction is important to Karim.

Description of Work
I hired Karim for the following services: 1. Removing old siding and put cement stucco and paint. I 2. New porch with french doors 3. New fence with retaining wall

Category ceramic tile

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed].

06/27/2016

Sharon S.

I have worked with contractor for many years on a variety of projects and he is always professional, knowledgeable, but most of all, reliable. Contractor is there when he says that he will be there and his workers are hard working. He does a thorough job and stands by his work. I would highly recommend Elegant Home Improvement because the contractor is a consummate professional who ensure that the job is done right!

Description of Work
Last project: Remodeled/ upgraded bedroom with old wood paneling. Previous projects include: kitchen remodel/ upgrade, roof repair/ replacement, basement remodel/ upgrade, install garage door, brick pointing.

Category drywall, electrician, garage doors, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, interior painters, basement remodeling

09/19/2013

Hazel F.

If you don't like something he will fix it. He does good quality work, and he is very easy to get along with.

Description of Work
H is re-tiling bathroom, and previously he has fixed our sidewalk. painted.

Category ceramic tile