BIG APPLE CHIMNEY

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2006

3.5

54 ASTER CT

Brooklyn, NY 11229

[H.I.C.L. 1174732/ H.I.S.L.1174729] Business Integrity Commission Registration #2590 ADDITIONAL PHONE NUMBER: 212-785-9788...

08/16/2017

Nina Z.

Very well.

Description of Work
Relined our boiler flue and replaced old chimney cap. Repaired cement in boiler room.

06/07/2016

Alan B.

12/09/2014

Mary B.

Would not hire again do not follow up on details overrpriced

Description of Work
I them to clean chimney, which then did well in 2011. Then I hired them 2 years later to clean chimney and and to also fix flue. One contractor came out cleaned chimney and said he didn't fix flues. so he sent back another guy who did a bandaid fix and the flue was still broken when he left. Plus he made me pay him directly, so in affect in Paid doubled. I also had them quote on 10/11/2012 a major job regarding ventilation one roof: came in over 10K, way over costs of other contracts. I'd still like my flue fixed

09/22/2013

Julius L.

I made an appointment two weeks in advance. The scheduled time was in the morning before noon. At 11 I called and was told that they were delayed at another appointment, and that they would call a half hour before arriving. They never called or otherwise indicated that they could not make the appointment.

Description of Work
I needed to have a stove fixed, rehabilitate a fireplace and discuss adding two fireplaces.

07/10/2013

Jamie K.

As far as know and my husband actually handled it, it was fine. I do not think it was anything out of this world, but I think overall it was fine. We have used them twice now, and we have been happy with their service. They cleaned the chimney, and I do not think they left a mess. I think it took a little bit of time for us to get them in there. They were supposed to come, and they never did at one time. We had to follow-up. When people do not show up when they were supposed to, that is very frustrating and unprofessional.

Description of Work
We used the chimney sweeping services of Big Apple Chimney.

03/30/2009

Maryann M.

Big Apple Chimney was very expensive. They brought a crew of guys. Two guys went on the roof, and one stayed down. They spent less than 15 minutes, and gave me a bill for over 200 dollars. It felt like a bit of a rip off. They wouldn't give me a price over the phone. When they showed up I felt put on the spot to have the work done.

Description of Work
I hired Big Apple Chimney to sweep my chimney.

01/22/2009

ROSALIND F.

As a result of their incompetence and disposing of the debris including cement dust down the drain pipe, this debris solidified and blocked the front exterior drain also debris in the flue leading to the boiler as blockage causing bolier to malfunction. The work was done several months ago and it took time to accumulate and solidify and now I have had to deal with this issue.

Description of Work
A lot of work was done on the chimney. I had new flues, a parapet., and much chimney work done.

10/04/2006

TONY W.

Two representatives showed up. Their diagnosis was extremely alarmist. You have a major problem, your chimney needs to be entirely relined. We'll need to open up the wall on four floors. You can't afford to wait a moment longer. Carbon monoxide will fill the house and people will be killed. Normally it would cost you thousands, but if you start the work tomorrow morning, we can do it for a thousand, but only if you start tomorrow. I was suspicious and got assessments from other chimney contractors. The consensus was that I needed a cleaning, which I did. We installed carbon monoxide detectors. We've had no further problems.

Description of Work
Big Apple Chimney came to diagnose and quote for a chimney repair job in our turn of the century brownstone. The wall next to the fireplace on the ground floor was crumbling and we suspected a chimney problem.

02/10/2006

I WAS NOT TO HAPPY WITH THE WORKERS THEMSELVES. THEY GAVE ME INFORMATION THAT WAS NOT CORRECT. THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE HIGH BUT OVERALL THEY DID A GOOD JOB.

Description of Work
REPAIRED THE CHIMNEY.

01/30/2006

I WOULD DEFINITELY CHECK WITH AN INSPECTOR BEFORE YOU HAVE THEM SERVICE THE CHIMNEY. WHEN THEY DID MINE I DID NOT USE AN INSPECTOR AND WHEN IT RAINED THE WATER LEAKED ALL OVER MY NEW PAINT JOB IN THE HOUSE AND THE FLOOR.

Description of Work
REBUILT THE CHIMNEY WITH PROPER FLASHING.

Excellent Contracting LLC

Excellent Contracting LLC does Landmarks Brownstone Restoration work in NYC. We have preserved and restored historic brownstone buildings in neighborhoods such as Park Slope Brooklyn Heights, Downtown Brooklyn, Clinton Hill and Manhattan area. We are dedicated to the preservation of your building and its beauty! Our masons have over combined 150 years of expertise. Our goal is to provide our clients with the highest quality work in the most cost efficient way. We take pride in completing our work in time and leaving the customer with the highest satisfaction.

A Malek Contracting, LLC

A. Malek Contracting, LLC is a licensed and insured contractor that provides quality performance to meet your painting, waterproofing, and renovation needs. Our expert team specializes in brownstone renovation in New York City areas. At A. Malek Contracting, LLC., we take pride in our services, as well as our dedication to leaving the customer satisfied with our excellent workmanship. Contact us today for more information LICENSE # HIC-2031935 HIS-1218770 RIGGER-6301

Rahmann Contracting

For more than a decade, Rahmann Contracting Company, Ltd has been serving New York City’s five boroughs. Specializing in pointing, waterproofing and restoration, Rahmann Contracting is capable of addressing all masonry, roofing and structural issues in renovation or new building construction.

Offers by Rahmann Contracting on Angi

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Discover

BROWNSTONE & PRE-WAR CHIMNEY & FIREPLACE SPECIALISTS [H.I.C.L. 1174732/ H.I.S.L.1174729] Business Integrity Commission Registration #2590