BIG APPLE CHIMNEY

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2006

3.5

[H.I.C.L. 1174732/ H.I.S.L.1174729] Business Integrity Commission Registration #2590 ADDITIONAL PHONE NUMBER: 212-785-9788...

Maxon Waterproofing Inc

Maxon WATERPROOFING INC has 20 years of experience. We offer FREE ESTIMATES! Specializing in basement waterproofing, roof replacements and repairs, masonry work, exterior & interior painting, gutter repair & replacement and concrete pouring & repair and skylights. We are licensed and insured.

Offers by Maxon Waterproofing Inc on Angi
MAM Contracting of NYC Corp

We specialize in masonry services and repairs! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Always Affordable Chimney Inc

Family owned & operated. 24 hr emergency contact no: (516) 830-0166. Regular evening appointments available. License info: Suffolk County License: #48488-H, Westchester County License: #WC-23915-H11, Nassau County License: #H07086000, NYC License: #1402159. Additional email: info@AlwaysAffordableChimney.com. Always Affordable Chimney, Inc. is your Long Island Chimney Repair Specialist. We are a full service chimney and masonry company located on Long Island that services Suffolk & Nassau Counties as well as Queens, Brooklyn and Westchester County. We are a family owned business looking forward to serving all your chimney service and repair needs.Ask Us About The Ez Breathe Air Purification And Dehumidifying System We Now Install $89.99 Fireplace Cleaning Nassau & Suffolk County Only $10.00 off for Seniors Fireplace Cleaning

08/16/2017

Very well.

Description of Work
Relined our boiler flue and replaced old chimney cap. Repaired cement in boiler room.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

06/07/2016

12/09/2014

Would not hire again do not follow up on details overrpriced

Description of Work
I them to clean chimney, which then did well in 2011. Then I hired them 2 years later to clean chimney and and to also fix flue. One contractor came out cleaned chimney and said he didn't fix flues. so he sent back another guy who did a bandaid fix and the flue was still broken when he left. Plus he made me pay him directly, so in affect in Paid doubled. I also had them quote on 10/11/2012 a major job regarding ventilation one roof: came in over 10K, way over costs of other contracts. I'd still like my flue fixed

09/22/2013

I made an appointment two weeks in advance. The scheduled time was in the morning before noon. At 11 I called and was told that they were delayed at another appointment, and that they would call a half hour before arriving. They never called or otherwise indicated that they could not make the appointment.

Description of Work
I needed to have a stove fixed, rehabilitate a fireplace and discuss adding two fireplaces.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

07/10/2013

As far as know and my husband actually handled it, it was fine. I do not think it was anything out of this world, but I think overall it was fine. We have used them twice now, and we have been happy with their service. They cleaned the chimney, and I do not think they left a mess. I think it took a little bit of time for us to get them in there. They were supposed to come, and they never did at on...

Description of Work
We used the chimney sweeping services of Big Apple Chimney.

10/04/2006

Two representatives showed up. Their diagnosis was extremely alarmist. You have a major problem, your chimney needs to be entirely relined. We'll need to open up the wall on four floors. You can't afford to wait a moment longer. Carbon monoxide will fill the house and people will be killed. Normally it would cost you thousands, but if you start the work tomorrow morning, we can do it for a thousand, but only if you start tomorrow. I was suspicious and got assessments from other chimney contractors. The consensus was that I needed a cleaning, which I did. We installed carbon monoxide detectors. We've had no further problems.

Description of Work
Big Apple Chimney came to diagnose and quote for a chimney repair job in our turn of the century brownstone. The wall next to the fireplace on the ground floor was crumbling and we suspected a chimney problem.

Category chimney sweep","chimney repair contractor

02/10/2006

I WAS NOT TO HAPPY WITH THE WORKERS THEMSELVES. THEY GAVE ME INFORMATION THAT WAS NOT CORRECT. THE PRICE WAS A LITTLE HIGH BUT OVERALL THEY DID A GOOD JOB.

Description of Work
REPAIRED THE CHIMNEY.

Category chimney repair contractor

01/30/2006

I WOULD DEFINITELY CHECK WITH AN INSPECTOR BEFORE YOU HAVE THEM SERVICE THE CHIMNEY. WHEN THEY DID MINE I DID NOT USE AN INSPECTOR AND WHEN IT RAINED THE WATER LEAKED ALL OVER MY NEW PAINT JOB IN THE HOUSE AND THE FLOOR.

Description of Work
REBUILT THE CHIMNEY WITH PROPER FLASHING.

Category chimney repair contractor

08/16/2017

Very well.

Category chimney sweep","chimney repair contractor

06/07/2016

Category chimney sweep

BROWNSTONE & PRE-WAR CHIMNEY & FIREPLACE SPECIALISTS [H.I.C.L. 1174732/ H.I.S.L.1174729] Business Integrity Commission Registration #2590

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Discover