ANTHONY GALLO LANDSCAPE

Brooklyn, NY 11210

ESTABLISHED 1911 WE SERVICE ALL LANDSCAPING AND LAWN/GARDEN MAINTENCE.F

06/08/2015

Michael S.

Anthony was friendly and punctual. He came to see the backyard the day after I called him and had his crew come the day after that. They came to rake out the soil and plant grass seed but also took out some left over concrete and even some large branches from a tree in my yard. I called Anthony a few times to regarding care of the lawn and he answered all my questions right away. The grass is quite full now (about 2 months later). I absolutely recommend Anthony.

Description of Work
- Cleared and raked out all debris in backyard. - Planted grass seed, lyme and fertilizer

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Thank you so much for your great review. It was a pleasure working with you on the back yard project. All the best to you, Anthony Gallo

04/14/2015

Joanne Z.

He did not provide the trees and bushes in the front of the house , that we agreed he would put in.He put in different trees ,shrubs and flowers which all died in a month. The lawn was all weeds. I called him back to replace the dead flowers and shrubs which he did replace at no cost but it was not done till July, and I called to have it replaced in the end of May.He would respond to calls in a timely manner then assure you it would all be taken care of and not deliver in a week ,it would be a month or more. Overall my lawn looked worse than when I was taking care of it myself,

Description of Work
Relandscaped the front of my house and weekly lawn care.

Category lawn service

The plants we installed were agreed upon with [name removed] and her husband. Work was completed In a professional manner both [name removed] was completely satisfied and paid us without any problem or questions . If there was an issue why would you have paid and wait two years to complain. And then hire me to do additional work on moving 15-20 ft. Evergreens to the side of her property which again were satisfied with the results and price. And replace any plants at no cost that dried up do the fact that they were not watering front garden during the summer months on a regular bases if they were away. When I took the [name removed] on as customers I pointed out all the issues with their garden and corrected them . And all my plants are still growing well today . The [name removed] can contact me if they want discuss any of their garden problems. Anthony Gallo

04/04/2015

Richard D.

Description of Work
His staff did a great job they plant all my plants and prep all my gardens .

Category lawn service

Thank you for letting us work for you. I appreciate your kind review on my company. Please call me if there is anything I can do .

10/27/2014

Darlene C.

Description of Work
I used Gallo Landscaping more than a few years ago. They planted a beautiful rose tree and three bushes in the front of my home. I couldn't have been more pleased with the way everything turned out. The tree still blooms the most beautiful pink roses every year well into November, and my bushes are as healthy now as they were when planted. I have recommended them to many of neighbors.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thankyou for your wonderful review after all these years it's customers like you that we truly appreciate working for. Anthony Gallo

06/27/2014

Byron W.

Description of Work
Reported that he would produce an estimate and call back with a date of service. Never heard from him again. | |

Category lawn service

Who is this person ? Never gave an estimate at this address , how can he expect an estimate if i never visited the address. Anthony gallo

06/10/2014

Donna R.

Workers were professional, polite and neat.

Description of Work
Yard Clean-up; Plantings and Patio Block Installation

Category lawn service

Thank you (member name removed) on review I t was a pleasure to work for you . And hope to hear from you again if you need additional work done . All the best Anthony Gallo

04/07/2014

Lorraine S.

Good client service. Came by gave an estimate & promptly came back and did all the work the garden and lawn needed to look good. The owner was reliable, true to his word and charged exactly as the estimate given.

Description of Work
Provided lawn care and garden work.

Category landscaping

Thank you For your great review. Anthony Gallo

03/31/2014

Jessica B.

It went well. Mr. Gallo looked at the condition of the retaining wall and said it wasn't something he wanted to work on. He said he was more of a plant maintenance and landscaping person. He gave me an idea of the kind of company I should hire. He was very helpful although he didn't perform any work.

Description of Work
Mr. Gallo came over at my request to assess work that needed to be done on a retaining wall at the back of my yard.

Category lawn service

Thank you for your review and calling us back the following year to work for you again. Anthony Gallo

07/09/2013

Richard K.

He came out the first time to give us an estimate; we discussed the work that he would perform which included weeding, planting bushes, and cutting the lawn. He came out one time after the initial estimate and cut the yard, after he came out I sent him a check in the mail for $250 for the work we had agreed on. He waited weeks to return to our house, when he came back the second and last time, he once again only cut the yard and left. We have called him numerous times and he has made promises to return and finsih the work. After getting no response, I called him and told him to not return to our house again and I hired a new gardener.

Description of Work
We hired this man to come to our home and perform general lawn care and minor landscaping.

Category landscaping, lawn service

I met with (members names removed); in april 2013 i gave them a quote for spring cleaning and spring seeding which includes fertilizer and lime and cultivating and cleaning beds areas only for 250.00 plus tax. work was performed and payment was made. I also mow the lawn twice in may and applied crabgrass control to lawn areas. 90.00 for monthly service and 30.00 for crabgrass control. which was paid at the end of june 2013 . customer 30 days late on payment. (member names removed) should know that having several gardeners work on their home for years including myself 20 years ago when his mother hired us that chemicals are use to control weeds in lawns, and weeds start growing in warm weather in the north not in april. I am available to discuss this problem they have with their garden. and correct anything i did in my agreement from the begining. thank you Anthony J Gallo owner anthony gallo landscaping .

04/09/2013

Jennifer I.

Anthony Gallo Landscape was wonderful from beginning to end. The crew came in and transformed my garden areas in a day with real professionalism. Anthony was easy to work with, gave me an on-the-spot estimate that was a solid $500 less than the last guy, and didn't sweat the small stuff. My only slight complaint is that his guys could have been more careful with some of the plantings, which were done in some haste. Even so, I highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Groomed our landscaping in preparation for putting the house on the market. Laid new sod in the back yard, cleared all leaves, laid mulch, planted annuals, planted a few ornamental shrubs, powerwashed the patio.

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you for your review letting us work on your home before you put your home on the market I m glad that we able to help with your sale and market your home all the best, Anthony Gallo

03/18/2013

JEFFREY K.

very promt. They started when they said they would and ended when they said they would. Will definatley use them again...

Description of Work
This was a job for my place of business. It had ivy vines growing all up the sides. This is a 2 story building!!! It was years of growth. We contacted several people, but Anthony was the most prefessional and was very promt.

Category lawn service

Thank you for this review. It' was a pleasure working for you please contact us if you need other work done Anthony Gallo

01/23/2013

Patricia H.

They prepared our lawn for the winter. He was very responsive and he gave us the information of what he was going to do. He has let us know what he will do in the spring. He was attentive and informative. He gave us all of the information. Our experience is a small sample. What we have seen so far, we like. We will be using him for the next year. The following year did not go well. We let him go.

Description of Work
We used him for 1 year. While his price was good, his service was not. He did not follow the schedule we agreed to. His professionalism was poor. He was supposed to provide service for me and three of my neighbors. We all let him go.

Category lawn treatment

The fact is I did not work for three of her neighbors I work for only one of her neighbors that she recommended and is still working for them very nice people. She seems to try to rally her neighbors into using her vendors in return for a better price for herself. Sad but true.

10/16/2012

Jennifer H.

We had just moved into an apartment with a small 8x15 backyard space. Unfortunately, it was clear that there had been no maintenance/up-keep on the yard in years. There were vines and weeds everywhere and you could barely see the ground. Anthony was extremely responsive - he called me back within one business day of my call and came onsite to provide an estimate with a day. His team was efficient but extremely thorough. I wish I had thought to take before and after pictures because the yard looks fantastic now and they cleaned everything up. Because we're approaching the winter months, I really didn't need a landscaping, but I will definitely call Anthony again come spring to help spruce the place up a little bit.

Description of Work
Backyard clean-up; vine and weed removal

Category lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you for the review, and calling us again for another cleaning last fall. Appreciate your business Anthony Gallo

10/02/2012

Mary K.

Anthony Gallo was lovely; he was like old fashioned gardeners of yesteryear. He cleaned up everything, he put dirt down, and he rearranged everything. All these were done at a very fair price. In two days he had four or five men clean up everything and trimmed everything beautifully. Then he came back and put down all of the seeds. He did a good job, was very fair, and extremely professional.

Description of Work
Anthony Gallo Landscaping & Nursery has done landscaping work for us.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

Thanks for your review it makes me proud to work for customers like you Anthony Gallo

05/17/2011

Cathleen M.

Terrific. They gave a very reasonable estimate and stuck to that. He came within 2 days of our call (on a Monday evening), gave the estimate, told us he would be getting in the sod by that Weds and was able to schedule the work for that Friday. it was very quick and easy. The day of they came with several guys, cleaned out the entire yard and laid the sod. they were quick but thorough.

Description of Work
They came and laid down sod for our yard and cleaned out the whole yard area.

Category lawn service

Thank you for your reviews call me if you have any new jobs to be done Anthony gallo

03/13/2010

cindy F.

It went wonderfully. Anthony is extremely responsive and uses excellent help.

Description of Work
Clean up of front and back yard at my mother's small house in Brooklyn and is under contract for the entire season.

Category lawn service, leaf removal

Thank you For the review it was a pleasure to work and talk to you Anthony Gallo

07/12/2009

Afra A.

He couldn't come on the day we'd arranged, so he came the next day instead. Our front and back yards were ridiculously overgrown from a year of neglect, but he came with a team of four others and got both yards done in a few hours. Wish I'd hired him sooner. The workmen who pulled the weeds were smart and left our desirable plants untouched: we worried about the parsley and mint especially because people who don't know plants could easily mistake them for weeds. Thankfully, everything was fine. They used a shovel to aerate the soil to a depth of about 3 inches after removing the weeds. They removed all the waste and cleaned up the walkways/courtyard very neatly so I didn't have to worry about bagging anything or sweeping. I plan to hire them again for maintenance pruning and for mulching, probably also to ask them to remove a couple of tree stumps.

Description of Work
Pruned overgrown spiral evergreens and pompoms. Pulled all the weeds from front and back yards. Trimmed hedges.

02/17/2006

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE NEEDING THIS TYPE OF WORK DONE AT HOME OR WORK. THEY ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND WORK HARD TO GET THE JOB DONE. I AM ALWAYS SATISFIED.

Description of Work
LAWN AND GARDEN WORK AT HOME.

Category lawn service

Thank you for the review and would appreciate to work for you again Anthony Gallo

02/10/2006

I THINK THIS COMPANY IS PROFESSIONAL & THEIR WORK IS EFFICIENT! THE RESULTS ARE NICE & CLEAN. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THE PRICE IS THE LOWEST THAT I HAVE SEEN. I AM VERY SATISFIED!

Description of Work
THEY CUT THE GRASS TWICE A MONTH.

Category lawn service

Thanks [name removed]for the review call. Me if you need any work done. Anthony Gallo

02/06/2006

Brook H.

MY LAWN WAS CUT NICELY, THE SPRINKLER SYSTEM SPRAYS FURTHER THAN IT DID BEFORE. I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE WORKERS AND HOW NICE THEY WERE MAKING SURE I WAS SATISFIED WITH MY LAWN.

Description of Work
WORKED ON THE SPRINKLER SYSTEM, AND MAINTENANCE OF THE LAWN.

Category landscaping

Thank you for your review Anthony Gallo

01/30/2006

THEY TAKE PRETTY GOOD CARE OF THE LAWN. CERTAIN THINGS WE HAVE TO NOTIFY THEM SO THEY WILL GET THE JOB DONE. THEY DON'T DO THINGS ON THEIR OWN. THEY ASK US FIRST.

Description of Work
THEY MOW THE LAWN & TRIM THE SHRUBS & BUSHES. THEY PUT DOWN A FERTILIZER TREATMENT IN THE SPRINGTIME & TREATMENT FOR THE GROUND IN THE FALL. IN THE FALL THEY BLOW & BAG MY LEAVES, & SET THE BAGS ON THE CURB FOR THE TRASH MAN.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

Thank you for review call me if you need anything done Anthony Gallo

01/30/2006

KACIE G.

I LOVE MY LOCAL LANDSCAPING COMPANY! THEY ARE VERY RESPONSIVE, HONEST, CLEAN AND PROFESSIONAL. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH HIM FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND WILL CONTINUE.

Description of Work
CUT FRONT AND BACK LAWN.

Thanks great review I appreciate Anthony Gallo

Anthony Losito & Son Landscape Construction Corp

ANTHONY LOSITO and Son Landscaping and Home Improvements, Corp, We offer Affordable prices and do Quality Work. We are in business on Long lsland for 30 years!!! That is correct, I am in business here on Long Island for 30 years, I am not a fly by night newcomer. I have a good reputation , from when I was a kid working with my dad, Paul Losito, in the early 80's. We have 5 full time employees right now and if we need additonal employees to complete a job I have several part time employees that I also utilize. Payment arrangement can be made. I take credit cards, Mastercard and Visa, personal checks, cashier checks, paypal and of course cash. We always run special promotions, right now we are running a summer special SAVE $2000 off any job over $15,000, with signed contract. Seniors and Military DIscounts also, cannot be combined with any other offers, I give 10% off any job to all Seniors over 65 and Military people, senior or Military personnel MUST live in the place of residence where work is being performed. Financing available for victums of huricane Sandy.

Award 2022
    Ernest & Sons General Contractors

Ernest & Sons General Contractors and Landscaping Design We meet all of your residential needs. * Landscape * Hardscape * Shrubs * Mulching * Planting * Top Soil * Sod * Shrub Removal * Spring Clean Up * Driveways * Pavers * Patios * Steps * Curves * Retaining Walls * Seal Coating We have over ten years in business and landscape design. We provide experienced quality work at reasonable rates. Tell us what you have in mind and we will build it for you and your family. Call Us!

LANDSCAPE INSTALLATIONS, DESIGN, COMPLETE RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL WORK. FULL SERVICE GARDEN CENTER. PLANTS TREES SOILS SOD FLOWERS. POTTERY. ETC.AND LAWN MAINTENANCE .GARDEN CENTER FOR ALL OUR SEASONAL NEEDS